Start by marking “Like Mother, Like Daughter” as Want to Read:
Like Mother, Like Daughter

Like Mother, Like Daughter

'Utterly absorbing and thought-provoking' Caz Frear

If what they said was true, then the grotesque and the monstrous ran in her blood. It was imprinted within her very core, her DNA, a part of every cell in her body.

Kat's children are both smart and well-adjusted. On the outside.

Published January 23rd 2020 by Orion

To ask other readers questions about Like Mother, Like Daughter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Like Mother, Like Daughter

Start your review of Like Mother, Like Daughter
Mandy White
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Like Mother, Like Daughter....amazing! If you have not read a book by this author why not? You like twisty stories that continue to surprise you? Elle Croft is the perfect writer for you. Guilty Wife and The Other Sister are both fantastic reads and Like Mother, Like Daughter did not disappoint. It is a book that you wont want to put down, needing to know where it was going to take you next. Absolutely fantastic book.

It is hard to say too much about the story without spoiling it. It is best to
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was such a good read. From start to finish it had me hooked. It was told from the point of view of Kat, Imogen, Sally and one chapter for Jemima. I found all the characters to be really interesting which you dont find in a lot of books. They all added something significant to the story. It was really well written and I really liked reading how the story played out. It had so many twists and turns and I thought the ending was really good and I wouldnt of guessed the ending so that was well ...more
Pauline
Mar 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
A story told by three separate women Kat, Imogen and Sally.
Kat is worried when her teenage daughter Imogen starts to behave badly and then she goes missing. Kat then finds out that her daughter has recently had a DNA test done that would have shown that she was not her biological child.
A psychological thriller with twists and turns.
Thank you to NetGalley and Orion Publishing Group for my e-copy in exchange for an honest review.
Meagan Houle
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was ok
It looks as though I'm in the minority here, but while this isn't a bad book, it's not quite my thing. The character development felt told rather than shown, and the emotional climax didn't grab me in the way I assume was intended. For me, the plot felt rushed, and a few of the twists were so contrived they took me right out of the moment. I realize thrillers have to be at least a little contrived to work, but there's a fine line, and this book put more than a few toes across it. Throw in the ...more
Charlotte Basnett
Apr 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Long and rather drawn out, saw the ending but fell a little flat
Georgina
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kat loves her daughters, Imogen and Jemima. Along with her husband, they are the best things in her life. But while she adores Jemima wholeheartedly, she has always felt concern when it comes to Imogen. She may appear like the perfect 16 year old, but her heritage hides a dark secret, and Kat is terrified that her perfect family might be about to fall apart. Because Imogen's biological parents are serial killers, and much as Kat would hate to admit it, she worries about who her beloved daughter ...more
Megan Jones
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kat's children are both smart and well-adjusted. On the outside. Kat has always tried to treat Imogen and Jemima equally, but she struggles with one of her daughters more than the other. Because Imogen's birth mother is a serial killer. And Imogen doesn't know.

This is such a chilling read and gets 5 stars from me on this point alone. Getting to know Kat's family made for compelling reading, I knew something dangerous was going to be uncovered. However, I could not have predicted the terrifying
owlsandstags
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to hear the plot outline from Elle herself when we met in London in July 2019 and ever since, I have been itching to read her new mystery book. Well, it certainly didn't disappoint - that's for sure.

The plot focuses on Imogen struggling with knowing who she is, struggling to fit in, getting into fits at school and her parents begin to wonder whether it's her true identity showing as Imogen is adopted (not a spoiler!). When Imogen disappears in seek of who her real family are,
Stacey Louise
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to @netgalley and the publishers for allowing me to read this ARC!

I was addicted to this book, each chapter was from Kat, Imogen and Sally's POV. It was fast paced and I found myself getting so hooked! I loved Imogen's character
Louise
Mar 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Michelle Jessen
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a really good read, thoroughly enjoyed it.
Each of the characters stories were interesting & whilst I didnt particularly like any of them that didnt detract from the storyline.
Whilst the confrontation/murder scene was a little dramatic & far fetched I could look past this as it added to the whole story especially the ending.
The ending, I did not see that coming at all & it made me feel more empathy for Jemima. It was a great, if not, disturbing twist which really makes you
Deborah
Mar 13, 2020 rated it liked it
I read (and enjoyed) Elle Croft's The Guilty Wife (in early 2018) and actually have her 2019 novel The Other Sister sitting in my to-be-read pile... something I hadn't realised before picking up her latest release.

Read my review here: https://www.debbish.com/books-literat...
Amanda Williams
Feb 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Quite a chilling read but very hard to get into. If you don't mind the slow starters and having to read some lines a few times then give this book a try. If not then like me you'll probably want to give it a miss.
Jo Anna Cunningham
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
HOLY CRACKERS! That was an excellent read, had my glued to my tablet until I could finish. Love the twist at the end.
Vika Ryabova
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: in-english
Бодрый триллер. Жаль, мало австралийской специфики :) Не везде убедительно, лучше всего прописана главная "злодейка", которая как бы и не главная героиня.
Natalie
Mar 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Found the book pretty mundane and average but the twist at the end gave it an extra star . The middle of the book lost my interest as there is no mystery surrounding it .
Sharon McGarey

• My Perfect Wife
  • The Dilemma
  • The Perfect Mother
  • Apartment Six
  • Fifty-Fifty (Eddie Flynn #5)
  • The Strangers We Know
  • The Guest List
  • Who Did You Tell?
  • What Lies Between Us
  • Perfect Obsession: A Psychological Thriller That Will Have You Guessing Until The End
  • In Her Eyes
  • Dead to Her
  • Grown Ups
  • The Silent House
  • The Perfect Sister
  • The Three Women: a jaw-dropping psychological thriller
  • Haven't They Grown
  • The Other Woman
Elle Croft was born in South Africa, grew up in Australia and moved to the UK in 2010 after travelling around the world with her husband. She works as a freelance social media specialist and also blogs about travel, food and life in London. The Guilty Wife is her debut novel.