Start by marking “The Wicked Sister” as Want to Read:
The Wicked Sister

The Wicked Sister

With her stepfather's sudden death, Lady Anastasia Covington goes from living a privileged lifestyle to selling vegetables in the village marketplace in the blink of an eye. Alone and at the mercy of her nefarious stepsister, she yearns for love and acceptance.

Disguised as a simple soldier, Prince Percival catches a dark-haired emerald-eyed beauty in his arms. He is bewitc
Published January 15th 2020 by Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about The Wicked Sister, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wicked Sister

Start your review of The Wicked Sister
Cheryl
Feb 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
Ok, so I honestly did not know or pick up on the fact that this book is a retelling of the fairy tale Cinderella. It was that different. Which different is a good thing. You don't always want to read a book about a retelling and keep comparing it to the original story.

I just really liked this book because of the cast of characters. They were engaging. It is always a good thing when you encounter engaging characters as they always help the story along and keep me interested in the the story I am
T.P. Warren
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this unique take on a classic fairy tale. The villainess was so wicked. The heroine was adorable and admirable, and the hero was dreamy. Some humor and some nice twists thrown in, then a perfect ending, made this unputdownable.
minnemoo
The plot and writing were simplistic and predictable, but entertaining enough to keep me turning pages. Like a cheesy fun Hallmark movie (with a hard TV-15 rating). I did enjoy the twist at the end.
Liliyana Shadowlyn
Feb 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021-reads
OK, if you know me at all, you know I'm a sucker for good fairy tale retellings. I liked this twist on the classic tale, where two wicked step-sisters are reduced to one, and it is Cinderella (aka Anastasia's) mother who turns on her instead of a cruel stepmother. I don't want to give too much away, but I loved the various twists the plot takes, and even though the story can be very dark at times, there is hope and love along the way. You can feel the emotions pouring off the page as you read. A ...more
MrsMascara
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was ok
This book was a poor retelling/reimagining of Cinderella, with three beautiful sisters, one, blonde and beautiful Rella, born to Lord Covington’s first wife, and her stepsisters, the brunette and beautiful Beatrice and Anastasia, born to Lord Covington’s second wife Lady Evelyn.

When Lord Covington is snot and dies, the family find they are not that well off, and have to let go of the servants and work themselves, they also are driven to sell eggs and produce that they grow in the local village t
Ricki_Reads
Apr 28, 2020 rated it liked it
When Rella's Papa remarries and brings home his two new daughters, Rella acts sweet. When the adults are not looking she is horrible however. As the girls get older, Rella seems to hate Anastasia more than Beatrice for reasons known only to Rella. After their Papa dies, Anastasia, Beatrice, and Rella must take on more duties of the household to pay the bills. Quickly, Rella portrays herself as the poor abused step sister of the horrendous Anastasia, and everyone believes her. It is not all as it ...more
Billy
Feb 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
Now just by glancing at the front cover, I would have never guessed this was a fairy story. It reminded me of the countless romantic novels from the 1980s that my mother read once upon a time, so I was under the impression the story would be a throwback from that era. Unfortunately, that's not the case with this novel.

The Wicked Sister is a reimagining of the classic Cinderella fairy tale. The big difference is the princess's name, which has changed to Anastasia, and there is only one evil steps
Ashley Dawn
Feb 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
I didn't realize when I got this book that it was a Cinderella retelling, but it is a good one. I enjoyed the hidden identities and twists and turns that come along in this story. I really liked Prince Percival, though that isn't who he is when we meet him.

I felt bad for Lady Anastasia and her family being thrown into a harder life than they were used to. It wasn't as hard of a life as most, but still hard for them. The author does a good job with the characters and the twists and turns that are
Feb 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
Turning the Cinderella tale on its head with several twists in the middle, this historical romance is a great escape read. I enjoyed curling up in front of a warm fire to get lost in it but this is also a perfect beach read.
While most Cinderella retellings have one poor picked upon girl at the mercy of her stepmother and sisters, this time the single sister is evil. Not just wicked -- EVIL.

I was rooting for Anastasia to have some backbone and really let Rella have it, but her nature is so sweet
Tee
Mar 12, 2021 rated it liked it
I was not expecting to enjoy this as much as I did. I’ve been reading a lot of heavy nonfiction and memoirs so I was just looking for some trashy bodice rippers or cliches to read. This ended up having a delightful romance story, good plot twists, and characters with clear motivation. Honestly good for you if you’re looking for a quick read with a good story.
Laurem
Dec 17, 2020 rated it liked it
As a kid I liked the Disney version bc the singing mice kept it from being depressing. Most versions are usually bad and sad. This was cute and unique. Though predictable it was entertaining and a fun read. I liked the twist ending.
Peggy
Jan 31, 2021 rated it really liked it
Very unique read but enjoyable! This book takes me back to a time when fairy tales seem so real. And will take you into a time that we can pretend they are real as adult. Love these types of books that can help you escape the real world even if it's only for a little while. ...more
San
Dec 31, 2020
Amy Mannette
May 19, 2020
Elena Micheli
Sep 28, 2020
Finnleigh
rated it did not like it
Feb 21, 2020
AgaS
Aug 14, 2020
Leyda
Feb 21, 2020
Virginia Barlow
Dec 29, 2019 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Krystle
Kathleen Bianchi
Aug 26, 2020
Rachel Miller
Dec 13, 2020

• The Devilish Duke (Saints & Scoundrels, #1)
  • The Summer Fields
  • A Duke Under Her Spell
  • She's Mine
  • Tempting the Highland Spy (Highland Hearts, #3)
  • Engaged to the Earl (Penhallow Dynasty, #4)
  • To Wed a Wicked Earl (Devine & Friends, #2)
  • A Perilous Passion
  • The Heiress (Madison Sisters #2)
  • Lovers Forever
  • Everlasting
  • No Man's Bride (Misadventures in Matrimony, #1)
  • Night Fire (Night Trilogy, #1)
  • Twice As Wicked (Wicked Secrets, #1)
  • Claiming the Courtesan
  • Collar (Changing Roles, #3)
  • Command (Changing Roles, #1)
  • Waiting For a Rogue (Reluctant Brides, #3)

News & Interviews