Start by marking “Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)” as Want to Read:
Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)

Devious Lies

(Cruel Crown #1)

From USA Today bestselling author Parker S. Huntington comes an enemies-to-lovers, slow-burn romance full of revenge and a dash of fate.

“She could enjoy her pretty, perfect world a little longer. Soon enough, everything she owned would be mine.”

I had a plan to escape the friend zone.
Step one: sneak into Reed’s room.
Step two: sleep with him.

But when the lights turned on, it
Published December 14th 2019 by PSH Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Devious Lies, please sign up.
☆Tweety ☆ Nope, no cliffhanger. The story wraps up in this book. The other two books will be about other characters

Start your review of Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
DEVIOUS-LIES

'DEVIOUS LIES' is the first full length romance book in 'Cruel Crown' series, by new to me author Parker S. Huntington.

Now and then you'll come across a book that is SO PHENOMENAL it sets itself apart from every other book you've read and leaves you FLABBERGASTED.

So today I kind of look bleary eyed and not so bushy tailed! I look as though I’ve been pulled through a hedge backwards!
Even though I cringed when I saw the amount of pages facing me, snail reader here, I kind of inhaled this one,
Bee
Dec 16, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF

Very, very early on.

I can't. I just can't.

There is this thing called trying too much, too hard. And I think that definition was established the day this book was written.

This book starts with pages and pages full of unnecessary stuff before we even get to the actual story. I don't know if the author tried to be sentimental or just be deep?? But nonetheless, the beginning of the book was absolute mess. She combined three quotes that don't even relate to each other, a short story that left me
Bibi
Jan 02, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I've read quite a number of patronizing & condescending authors whose primary aim is to SHOW the reader just how smart they are.

Mostly they'll quote Homer or Dante or whomever they deem is lofty enough thinking it makes them seem smart.

FYI: it only makes you look pretentious while highlighting your lack of skill in writing a story that resonates.

Unfortunately, Huntington seems to have a Masters in gratuitous words that don't move the plot along hence the reason this book is a
L.J. Shen
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an absolute treat. A scorching hot enemies-to-lovers romance, with breathtaking prose and tons of suspense. Highly recommended.
Wil Loves Books!
Unexpectedly Amazing!

“Falling in love with you is like diving blindly into a book, not knowing it’s destined to be my favorite. Whatever’s more than love, I feel it for you. I am only ever going to be in love with you.”

Wow, I totally didn’t expect this book and how much I was going to love it. It blew my mind. This book has a gorgeous cover, which is the first thing I noticed. Then it kept popping everywhere and being recommended by a lot of people, and to be honest that always scares me
Dora Koutsoukou
Dec 17, 2019 added it
Shelves: dnf
I ABSOLUTELY struggled to finish chapter 8!! I almost cried!
The writing was very descriptive and extended with no reason. There were parts that made me question my no-native english language because I couldn’t comprehend what I was reading and the reason of the plot.
It was indeed slow burn, as the author stated, but too much for my preferences.

This might be an epic love story or a great book, I am trully happy for the readers who were thrilled, but it was not for me.
No, thank you.
Siobhan Davis
Devious Lies is an addictive, angsty romance with unique characters, chemistry so hot it singed the pages of my Kindle and tons of laugh-out-loud moments that had me cracking up laughing. A must-read if you enjoy well-written enemies-to-lovers slow-burn romance.
NiCoLeTa E.
***5 "Come back to me?" / "Lagom" / "Ya'aburnee..." stars***

"Don't succumb to the fire. Be the bigger flame."

I'm impressed!!! I really am!!!
My friends already know how a big mafia books obsessed I am and the funny thing is that I've read the only book of Parker that is non mafia related!!! Funny, ugh???
Well, this book was huge!!! Literally huge, but in a weird way, it didn't bore me at all!!!!
I just loved and enjoyed every second of it, and i have this strange thought that Parker S.
Harloe Rae
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Devious Lies needs to be your next read!

This story is a flawless sensation that captivated me from the start. A delicious twist of slow burning fire and seductive plotting. I was riveted to each page by the stunning writing and nonstop feels. The romantic journey is a slow-burn, but you’d never know based off the endless stream of angsty and suspense. There’s never a dull moment—quite the opposite! I couldn’t put this book down if I tried!

Nash is a serious alpha-ass extreme. I love his cocky
Dri ✰
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Carla Bulian
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
3,5. Well I think this book would be epic if the author didn’t spend pages and pages writing about meaningless stuffs.
Yeah, this story is great with so much potential, but it get boring and unbelievable sometimes.
Lisa
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This by far has taken me the longest to finish a book as it just dragged on....The first 40% was a confusing mess. I’m still not sure I quite understand it’s purpose other than rambling. From Emery muttering “pretty words”... each chapter was something more rediculous...
Toska.
Lucano.
Kalon.
Anagapenis.

But yet they aren’t pretty words they are just stupid words no one’s heard of. I think this book was written to either make us feel dumb or to prepare for the SAT. Not sure but I’ve done more
Keri Loves Books
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5+ STARS for Beautiful Words, Starless Skies and Fate!

One of my Top Reads for 2019!!! There were so many things I loved about this story. I could not get enough of Nash or Emery. It was beautifully written with amazing insights and words so moving that I didn’t want it to end!!!

Emery was a girl that was born with a silver spoon in her mouth. Her family had more money than they would ever need in several lifetimes. She grew up with her best friend and his family that worked around her family's
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
DNF at chapter 31 :(

I really tried, but unfortunately, I couldn't connect to the story and didn't feel the chemistry between the characters...
Na
Dec 16, 2019 rated it liked it

I was a bad man. Sisyphus. With blood on my hands. Penance in my future. Tick. Tock.

Devious Lies was my first book by Parker S. Huntington and I must say I really enjoyed this one. I had no idea what to expect and as everyone was already raving about this book and the plot sounds right up my alley and really intriguing, I had to jump on the opportunity to discover a new to me author.

Nash was the sky moments before a storm. Daunting. Dark. Beautiful.

The writing style won me over right
Syndi
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book! I want to scream! With frustration and yet with satisfaction. What makes me frustrated and apprrciate this book is the writting style. It has so many dramatic, detail inner conversation. Plus with all of those new words from who knows where dictionary.

The main story is simple and yet new for me. A mistaken identity during one night stand. Then it leads into the game of cat and mouse. So many plot. So many lies.
I do like Emery. She is kick ass heroine. She hold no prisoner and push
Müsli
Maybe it's because I like slow burn romance but I'm enjoying this. I haven't finished yet, so far it looks like a 4.5

Browsing through listopia I saw a list that seemed to be made specifically with the purpose of hurting this one among other authors.

SUSPICIOUS LIST

Everyone likes different things, what's the point of creating list like this? Hurting the authors? Imposing your book views on others?

Among 17 of my friends this one has good reviews general approval and a 4.43 average. The voters
simran
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
2. 5 stars

The fault in this book lies in the fact that it's unnecessarily way too long.... over 300 pages could easily have been edited out and the story could've progressed better. the other downfall was the lack of conflict in the book, for a book that's 700 pages long the plot was the most simplistic predictable shit ever... i was literally bored in certain instances and read further only because I wanted to stick around for the conclusion cause I was already in too deep knowing and
Michelle
Wow !!!!

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

I 've seen this book everywhere the last few weeks and I had to see what the fuss was about. Ye now I know it amazing Nash Prescott is just brilliant. He a total nightmare half the time well most of the time but you can't help but luv the guy. This big strong sexy guy has been through a lot and has so much anger in him that it just takes over sometimes. But deep down he is a sweet care man family mean everything to him and if people do wrong by them they better watch out cause he will
Grey
Christmas. Presents. I know, a weird way for me to start a review, but stay with me here, people.

I have approximately eleventy-five million and six presents to wrap and here we are on December 22nd and I've yet to wrap a single Christmas present. *Side-eyes author* This is actually my first time reading a book by this author, but as any of you that have read my reviews are aware, enemies-to-lovers is my jam. Like, Merry Christmas to me, my forever and ever jam. This was one of those impulse
Anne OK
A strange and unique enemies-to-lovers story that I found addictive, with a ten-year age difference between the H and h. Different from anything I've read before -- unusual to say the least, but fascinating and intellectually stimulating. It seems a little slow for a couple of chapters until you're past the set-up. The word games played were witty and captivating. You can definitely add new words to your vocabulary.

It's heavy on sexy, although there isn't an overload of the details. I was happy
Irma
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wanted to inhale his smoke, coat my tongue with his ashes, and bury myself in his lies.

A slow burn enemies to lovers romance, where the relationship between a boy and a girl is doomed from the very beninning.
And I completely devoured it because I was simply captivated from the very first page. The story is so intense I was hooked and on edge all the way through.

Absolutely gripping !
Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡
Shelves: arc

Follow me on: Blog | Instagram
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
Oh my poor poor heart. How you have wept...

This book destroyed me in such a delicious way. It was raw and so so gripping. I bawled my eyes out and it was evident by my puffy eyes. This book was everything I could have imagined and more. I needed a good enemies to lovers book where the heroine has a back bone and this was exactly it although the heroine tended to become more compliant in sexual situations with the hero, but I loved her anyway.

Emery Winthrop has had feelings for her best friend,
LianaReads blog
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is nothing not what you expect from the author, it's so much more!
Emery and Nash are like the sun and the moon, so different but can't live without one another.
Their banter is so great and the chemistry is felt from the first time they met.
The intimate moments are going to burn your kindle and there are many of them so be aware and prepare a drink or two as you'll definitely going to need something strong to get through those images that the author creates just like a movie playing
V💜Greedy~Thirst~For~Forbidden🖤
Slow-burn
Angsty
Devastatingly handsome alpha hero
Strong resilient beautiful heroine
A match made in a starless sky
Pure perfection
Tie it all with magic words and you have one hell of a perfect story

I’m so glad to wrap up my reading year with this gem, I couldn’t put it down and yet I didn’t want to read it too fast and be suddenly at the end of my journey. There is actually one word to describe this type of feeling: finifugal “hating endings”.
Jenifer Briggs
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Fate whispers to the warrior, “You cannot withstand the storm,” and the warrior whispers back, “I am the storm.”—UNKNOWN

This is the first book I've ever read by this author, and I'm telling you.. This will not be my last. I was captivated from the very first page; the push and pull between our two main characters, the sexual tension that you could cut with a knife, the amazing slow burn, the enemies to lovers, age gap aspect.. it was all amazing!! There is so much going on with this book, and
Aundi-Musings of The Modern Belle
5 Devious Crowns

Parker has created a thoroughly addicting Enemies to Lovers romance that will stay with you long after you’ve finished. This story was completely Unputdownable, I was enraptured from the prologue until the very last word. I seriously got nothing accomplished while reading this, I Could. Not. Put. It. Down!!! These characters, this story, will consume you until you have finished and leave an indelible mark on your heart.

It takes strength to want something and deny yourself the
Ashlee
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“And so the savior becomes the villain,”

I was lucky enough to receive and advance copy of Devious Lies and it took everything I had not to talk about this brilliant start to Parker’s newest series, Cruel Crown.

Nash and Emery’s story starts where every revenge plot does, at the beginning.

In the beginning, Emery was in love with her best friend who was also Nash’s younger brother.

In the beginning Nash was ‘the help’ for Emery’s family. Albeit family is a lose term seeing as Emery’s mother was
Polls for our souls: Could this list be hurtful for authors? 13 84 17 hours, 14 min ago

• Enemies
  • In the Unlikely Event
  • Hate Crush
  • Broken Record (Record, #5)
  • Wait for Me
  • Hating You (Blackthorn Elite #1)
  • Release
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Steel Princess (Royal Elite, #2)
  • Insolent
  • Christmas Captive
  • Just Drop Out (Hannaford Prep #1)
  • Kisses and Wishes: One Holiday Wish / Collared for Christmas / Stolen Mistletoe Kisses
  • Confess
  • Between Now and Heartbreak (Forever Trilogy, #2)
  • Breaker
  • Forever Lies
  • Owned by the Mob Boss (Russian Crime Brotherhood, #6)
Parker S. Huntington hates talking about herself, so bear with her as she awkwardly toots her own horn for a few sentences and then bids her readers adieu.

Parker S. Huntington is from Orange County, California, USA. She has a B.A. in Creative Writing from the University of California, Riverside and is currently pursuing a Master’s in Liberal Arts (ALM) in Literature and Creative Writing from

Cruel Crown (3 books)
  • F.T. (Cruel Crown, #2)
  • T.S. (Cruel Crown, #3)
“I liked being too much because it meant I was never too little.” 2 likes
“If I tell you anything worth learning, it’s this. Love is the most expensive thing you’ll ever own. You pay for it with grief, tears, and a piece of your soul, but in return, you receive happiness, memories, and life.” 1 likes