Start by marking “Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)” as Want to Read:
Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)

Devious Lies

(Cruel Crown #1)

From USA Today bestselling author Parker S. Huntington comes an enemies-to-lovers, slow-burn romance full of revenge and a dash of fate.

“She could enjoy her pretty, perfect world a little longer. Soon enough, everything she owned would be mine.”

I had a plan to escape the friend zone.
Step one: sneak into Reed’s room.
Step two: sleep with him.

But when the lights turned on, it
Published December 14th 2019 by PSH Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Devious Lies, please sign up.
Betty No, it is a 685 page book, so I think the author put both books into one.…moreNo, it is a 685 page book, so I think the author put both books into one. (less)

Start your review of Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
DEVIOUS-LIES

'DEVIOUS LIES' is the first full length romance book in 'Cruel Crown' series, by new to me author Parker S. Huntington.

Now and then you'll come across a book that is SO PHENOMENAL it sets itself apart from every other book you've read and leaves you FLABBERGASTED.

So today I kind of look bleary eyed and not so bushy tailed! I look as though I’ve been pulled through a hedge backwards!
Even though I cringed when I saw the amount of pages facing me, snail reader here, I kind of inhaled this one,
Bee
Dec 16, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF

Very, very early on.

I can't. I just can't.

There is this thing called trying too much, too hard. And I think that definition was established the day this book was written.

This book starts with pages and pages full of unnecessary stuff before we even get to the actual story. I don't know if the author tried to be sentimental or just be deep?? But nonetheless, the beginning of the book was absolute mess. She combined three quotes that don't even relate to each other, a short story that left me
Bibi
Jan 02, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I've read quite a number of patronizing & condescending authors whose primary aim is to SHOW the reader just how smart they are.

Mostly they'll quote Homer or Dante or whomever they deem is lofty enough thinking it makes them seem smart.

FYI: it only makes you look pretentious while highlighting your lack of skill in writing a story that resonates.

Unfortunately, Huntington seems to have a Masters in gratuitous words that don't move the plot along hence the reason this book is a
L.J. Shen
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an absolute treat. A scorching hot enemies-to-lovers romance, with breathtaking prose and tons of suspense. Highly recommended.
Wil Loves Books!
Unexpectedly Amazing!

“Falling in love with you is like diving blindly into a book, not knowing it’s destined to be my favorite. Whatever’s more than love, I feel it for you. I am only ever going to be in love with you.”

Wow, I totally didn’t expect this book and how much I was going to love it. It blew my mind. This book has a gorgeous cover, which is the first thing I noticed. Then it kept popping everywhere and being recommended by a lot of people, and to be honest that always scares me
Dora Koutsoukou
Dec 17, 2019 added it
Shelves: dnf
I ABSOLUTELY struggled to finish chapter 8!! I almost cried!
The writing was very descriptive and extended with no reason. There were parts that made me question my no-native english language because I couldn’t comprehend what I was reading and the reason of the plot.
It was indeed slow burn, as the author stated, but too much for my preferences.

This might be an epic love story or a great book, I am trully happy for the readers who were thrilled, but it was not for me.
No, thank you.
Lisa
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This by far has taken me the longest to finish a book as it just dragged on....The first 40% was a confusing mess. I’m still not sure I quite understand it’s purpose other than rambling. From Emery muttering “pretty words”... each chapter was something more rediculous...
Toska.
Lucano.
Kalon.
Anagapenis.

But yet they aren’t pretty words they are just stupid words no one’s heard of. I think this book was written to either make us feel dumb or to prepare for the SAT. Not sure but I’ve done more
Carla Bulian
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
3,5. Well I think this book would be epic if the author didn’t spend pages and pages writing about meaningless stuffs.
Yeah, this story is great with so much potential, but it get boring and unbelievable sometimes.
Dri ✰
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Siobhan Davis
Devious Lies is an addictive, angsty romance with unique characters, chemistry so hot it singed the pages of my Kindle and tons of laugh-out-loud moments that had me cracking up laughing. A must-read if you enjoy well-written enemies-to-lovers slow-burn romance.
NiCoLeTa E.
***5 "Come back to me?" / "Lagom" / "Ya'aburnee..." stars***

"Don't succumb to the fire. Be the bigger flame."

I'm impressed!!! I really am!!!
My friends already know how a big mafia books obsessed I am and the funny thing is that I've read the only book of Parker that is non mafia related!!! Funny, ugh???
Well, this book was huge!!! Literally huge, but in a weird way, it didn't bore me at all!!!!
I just loved and enjoyed every second of it, and i have this strange thought that Parker S.
Harloe Rae
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Devious Lies needs to be your next read!

This story is a flawless sensation that captivated me from the start. A delicious twist of slow burning fire and seductive plotting. I was riveted to each page by the stunning writing and nonstop feels. The romantic journey is a slow-burn, but you’d never know based off the endless stream of angsty and suspense. There’s never a dull moment—quite the opposite! I couldn’t put this book down if I tried!

Nash is a serious alpha-ass extreme. I love his cocky
simran
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
2. 5 stars

The fault in this book lies in the fact that it's unnecessarily way too long.... over 300 pages could easily have been edited out and the story could've progressed better. the other downfall was the lack of conflict in the book, for a book that's 700 pages long the plot was the most simplistic predictable shit ever... i was literally bored in certain instances and read further only because I wanted to stick around for the conclusion cause I was already in too deep knowing and
Syndi
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book! I want to scream! With frustration and yet with satisfaction. What makes me frustrated and apprrciate this book is the writting style. It has so many dramatic, detail inner conversation. Plus with all of those new words from who knows where dictionary.

The main story is simple and yet new for me. A mistaken identity during one night stand. Then it leads into the game of cat and mouse. So many plot. So many lies.
I do like Emery. She is kick ass heroine. She hold no prisoner and push
Jemima jamir aka Sentranced Jem
ok. It’s been a while since I’ve come across a book where I felt like I was so bored out of my mind that I just ended up skimming through the pages and then stopped where I felt like something interesting was finally going to happen.
Look it’s really not surprising that the blurb made the book sound super enticing. Plus I was digging the whole age gap part. But then I started reading the book and things started getting a little too unrealistic and might I say odd (in a not cute or endearing way)
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
DNF at chapter 31 :(

I really tried, but unfortunately, I couldn't connect to the story and didn't feel the chemistry between the characters...
Keri Loves Books
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5+ STARS for Beautiful Words, Starless Skies and Fate!

One of my Top Reads for 2019!!! There were so many things I loved about this story. I could not get enough of Nash or Emery. It was beautifully written with amazing insights and words so moving that I didn’t want it to end!!!

Emery was a girl that was born with a silver spoon in her mouth. Her family had more money than they would ever need in several lifetimes. She grew up with her best friend and his family that worked around her family's
Rê
description

2 “Long & Pretentious” Stars

Hoping 2020 gets better. I need a book that blows my mind. Something to obsess over. Please.
Na
Dec 16, 2019 rated it liked it

I was a bad man. Sisyphus. With blood on my hands. Penance in my future. Tick. Tock.

Devious Lies was my first book by Parker S. Huntington and I must say I really enjoyed this one. I had no idea what to expect and as everyone was already raving about this book and the plot sounds right up my alley and really intriguing, I had to jump on the opportunity to discover a new to me author.

Nash was the sky moments before a storm. Daunting. Dark. Beautiful.

The writing style won me over right
Michelle
Wow !!!!

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

I 've seen this book everywhere the last few weeks and I had to see what the fuss was about. Ye now I know it amazing Nash Prescott is just brilliant. He a total nightmare half the time well most of the time but you can't help but luv the guy. This big strong sexy guy has been through a lot and has so much anger in him that it just takes over sometimes. But deep down he is a sweet care man family mean everything to him and if people do wrong by them they better watch out cause he will
Müsli
Maybe it's because I like slow burn romance but I'm enjoying this. I haven't finished yet, so far it looks like a 4.5

Browsing through listopia I saw a list that seemed to be made specifically with the purpose of hurting this one among other authors.

SUSPICIOUS LIST

Everyone likes different things, what's the point of creating list like this? Hurting the authors? Imposing your book views on others?

Among 17 of my friends this one has good reviews general approval and a 4.43 average. The voters
Anne OK
A strange and unique enemies-to-lovers story that I found addictive, with a ten-year age difference between the H and h. Different from anything I've read before -- unusual to say the least, but fascinating and intellectually stimulating. It seems a little slow for a couple of chapters until you're past the set-up. The word games played were witty and captivating. You can definitely add new words to your vocabulary.

It's heavy on sexy, although there isn't an overload of the details. I was happy
Tia Louise
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A deliciously sexy slow-burn... I absolutely adored Emery + Nash... the heat, the passion... ahh! It will keep you glued to the pages from start to finish. Block off your day, because you won't want to do anything but READ this sexy stand-alone. TEN STARS!!!
Jos
Dec 16, 2019 added it
3.5-4 Stars

OK, sooooo the synopsis drew me in completely but sadly after reading last night it just didn't live up to what I expected.

So the writing itself was fantastic but I just felt like it dragged. What I mean is that I wanted so much more time with Nash and Emery as a couple. The storyline dragged on for me personally, I just felt like there was so much going on outside of them as a "couple" that for me, I kept "waiting" for that angst, for that push/pull, idk....I just wanted so much
Grey
Christmas. Presents. I know, a weird way for me to start a review, but stay with me here, people.

I have approximately eleventy-five million and six presents to wrap and here we are on December 22nd and I've yet to wrap a single Christmas present. *Side-eyes author* This is actually my first time reading a book by this author, but as any of you that have read my reviews are aware, enemies-to-lovers is my jam. Like, Merry Christmas to me, my forever and ever jam. This was one of those impulse
Irma
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wanted to inhale his smoke, coat my tongue with his ashes, and bury myself in his lies.

A slow burn enemies to lovers romance, where the relationship between a boy and a girl is doomed from the very beninning.
And I completely devoured it because I was simply captivated from the very first page. The story is so intense I was hooked and on edge all the way through.

Absolutely gripping !
Gogol
Jan 03, 2020 rated it did not like it
Who told you that you could write? Because they lied.

Shyralf
4 1/2 Stars! Enemies to lovers. Very good read. This book was addictive and well written. ...more
Jessica
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Not at all what I expected.

I mean that in the very best way possible. This book managed to combine your standard enemies to lovers -complete with sexy, alpha male MC and snarky, take no shit, own drumbeat FMC- and something so much MORE (at least to me). There was beauty in this book. Beauty in the words and in the storyline. It was like a fairy tale without the cheesiness, but still holding on to hope and magic and fate.

Did it have some parts I didn’t like? Yes. Which is why I didn’t rate it
Polls for our souls: Could this list be hurtful for authors? 26 130 Jan 25, 2020 07:10PM

• Enemies
  • Credence
  • In the Unlikely Event
  • Broken Record (Record, #5)
  • Wait for Me
  • Release
  • Hating You (Blackthorn Elite #1)
  • Insolent
  • Steel Princess (Royal Elite, #2)
  • Christmas Captive
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Just Drop Out (Hannaford Prep #1)
  • Hate Crush
  • Kisses and Wishes: One Holiday Wish / Collared for Christmas / Stolen Mistletoe Kisses
  • Confess
  • Between Now and Heartbreak (Forever Trilogy, #2)
  • Forever Lies
  • Breaker
Parker S. Huntington hates talking about herself, so bear with her as she awkwardly toots her own horn for a few sentences and then bids her readers adieu.

Parker S. Huntington is from Orange County, California, USA. She has a B.A. in Creative Writing from the University of California, Riverside and is currently pursuing a Master’s in Liberal Arts (ALM) in Literature and Creative Writing from

Cruel Crown (3 books)
  • F.T. (Cruel Crown, #2)
  • T.S. (Cruel Crown, #3)
“I liked being too much because it meant I was never too little.” 2 likes
“If I tell you anything worth learning, it’s this. Love is the most expensive thing you’ll ever own. You pay for it with grief, tears, and a piece of your soul, but in return, you receive happiness, memories, and life.” 1 likes