Start by marking “Be Mine, King (The Crown Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Be Mine, King (The Crown Duet, #1)

Be Mine, King

(The Crown Duet #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  97 ratings  ·  50 reviews
I can’t be held accountable for the mistakes of my father, that wouldn’t be fair. But after his passing, demons of his past come to the surface to seek me out.

Nikolai King doesn’t care about what I think is right and wrong. Unfair, fair it’s all the same in his book. With only a few words, he’s taken away my everything and shaken it until all that floats around me are fie
Published May 1st 2020

To ask other readers questions about Be Mine, King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Be Mine, King

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Be Mine, King (The Crown Duet, #1)
Danielle's
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Be mine, King wasn’t what I wasn’t what I was expecting, but is an enjoyable read. It had some good twists and the romance was sweet. It is a mafia-type of book, but Nickolai doesn’t come across as an aggressive alpha. This book is the first part of a duet.

Anastasia has been brought up in a world full of secrets. She knows her father is involved in some risky business, but little does she know what that means for her.

Nickolai wants Anastasia from the second he lays eyes on her. He isn’t a good
Kodie Mackay
So many thoughts inside my skull and yet it takes me years to write a few lines that are semi understandable to the normal human. FML.

Nikolai and Anastasia's story is an unraveling road of secrets and lies that ends with a monstrous cliffy. And yes I still hate them. That won't ever change. But on occasions I feel brave and delve into a book that I know has one because I'm mentally prepared for that bad boy. This is your warning people.. it has a gigantic CLIFFHANGER

A chance meeting in the most
Darkreads
Apr 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Overall, I enjoyed Be Mine, King by Chelsea McDonald. I liked Anastasia's spunk and tenacity as well as Nikolai's unwavering need and desire for her. While this was a kidnapping romance set in the mafia world, it was fairly mild in terms of dark subject matter and the anti-hero was, for the most part, rather sweet to the heroine. They had good chemistry and the romance was well paced. I enjoyed family dynamics and the fact that this book showed a more normal cohesive family unit in a mafia world ...more
Wendy Livingstone
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st on a new duet from this talented author, and what an amazing start this is! Nikolai is the bad boy mafia boss who is the eldest of four brothers and is the muscle man, who has been obsessed with Anastasia from the moment he first saw her at 16. Ana has led a sheltered life due to her controlling father, until she end up getting kidnapped. This is a beautifully written story which is intriguing from the beginning to end, as well as having twists, family dynamics, humour, and love. ...more
Victoria Weston
Jun 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5
This is the first book that I have read by this author and the first book in this series The Crown Duet #1. I didn't really know what to expect as this is my first mafia romance I couldn't wait to see how the story played out.
This book is a mafia romance series and has a lot going on and this is Anastasia and Nikolai's story from the beginning. There are secrets and lies and twists and turns and I feel like this author written it great and her style of writing was awesome too.

Anastasia is a s
Cindy
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Be Mine, King..... holy moly Batman !! From page one this book had me !! I couldn’t even adult in life because I could not put this down !! Great new series !! Awesome first book!! I neeeeeeed the second book like yesterday !! This book really kept me guessing, and just when I thought it was going to be calm for a minute, nope !! I looked down and the book was almost at the end, but the story is no where near over !! Oh my heart !!
Emilia || Dark Side of the Book
Be Mine, King

I've never read book written by Chelsea McDonald, so „Be Mine, King” was my first meeting with this author.
And I must say that this was really good first met.

Anastasia (I love this name!) first met Nikolai (I love this name too) when she had sixteen years old. She saw him, when he was talking with her father. Nothing special, right?
Maybe, but a few years later, when Ana grown up, she visited her father and saw him dead in his own home.
Ana was kidnapped from her father's house and she met
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Be Mine, King hooked me from page one! Nikolai and Anastasia’s story is full of murder, kidnapping, mafia goodness, romance and steam.

I LOVED this book. Nikolai King is the oldest of four brothers. He is the muscle of his family. He is determined and when
Jess *lovetolovebooks*
Apr 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads
Be Mine, King by Chelsea McDonald is the first in her new mafia romance series. I think she has some great talent and I see the amazing potential in her writing style. I liked our two main characters, Nikolai and Anastasia, and I enjoyed the glimpses of a growing relationship that we got to see. And I couldn’t get enough of Achilles, the big fluffy teddy bear of a guard dog.

All that being said, I did have some issues with Be Mine, King.

The first one isn’t really a negative per say, but for a ma
Rachel Reads Romance
h: Anastasia
H: Nikolai
(Dual POVs)

Anastasia is met by a few men who take her to a limousine after her father’s funeral. Nikolai is inside the limousine and doesn’t give her much of a choice except to come and live with him.

This book was okay. I thought it was pretty tame for a mafia romance. I like that Anastasia was sassy but I feel like that sizzled out the further you got into the book. Nikolai seemed very sweet and caring. He always put Anastasia’s needs first, taking care of her and making
Megan
Apr 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
One look and she had me hooked

Chelsea is a first time author for me, and I was incredibly satisfied with her book, I love finding new authors so definitely adding some of her other books to my TBR.

It's a serious slow burner but when that romance hits, it's hot as hell. Steam level 10000. I won't lie, it took a bit of time to grow a connection to the main characters Anastasia & Nikolai but I think this was due to it being a bit more slow paced to my usual reads.

Anastasia strikes me as lonely,
Joy Whiteside
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is one amazing read that I could not put down. It took me away to a new reality that was a nice change from the everyday. It moves along at a great pace, making for an enjoyable read. You will fall in love with these characters from the moment that you meet them. I could not get enough of them and wanted to know more about them. The story is amazing and once you start you will not be able to stop. This is a must read, you will not be sorry that you did.
Ashley Estep The Art of Reading
I love Be Mine, King! It's exactly how I pictured a Mafia romance from Chelsea McDonald. McDonald took a chance righting a new trope and she nailed it!

I loved Nickolai King from the very first glance I got at him and that love only grew with each and every page of this book. The big, bad, mafia man was really this sweet, amazing, man that might have been slightly crazy and obsessed but was amazing. I'd let Nickolia King be obsessed over me any day.

Anastasia has had a life, good or bad? How doe
Hi'D's Book Hub
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Be Mine, King by Chelsea McDonald is the first book in her mafia romance series. I love myself a good mafia storyline and this one didn't disappoint. Anastasia and Nikolai's story is full of mafia type shenanigans like kidnapping and murder but it's also full of romance! I'm excited for book two book to see where this story continues! Nice work Ms. McDonald! ...more
Laura Holland
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A stunningly slow burn leaving you wanting more!!!! Smashed clear out the park!

This is the first book I have ever read by Chelsea... Don't you just love being able to add another author to your list of one click buys?!

Be Mine, King was a beautiful slow burn filled with heartbreak, unconventional love, hate, anger, angst, intrigue, and secrets. I was held captive from the very first chapter, to the dreaded last page that holds those words we readers loathe... The End. But like any remarkable aut
Gwen Shafer
May 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Be Mine, King by Chelsea McDonald is the first in her new mafia romance series. Nikolai and Anastasia’s story is full of murder, kidnapping, mafia goodness, romance and steam. The moment Nikolai laid eyes on Anastasia he knew she was different, that she was meant to be his, even though she was only 16. Flash forward five years and he has the chance to finally make her his, but will everything work out as he planned? Anastasia does not take things laying down. She is stubborn and head strong. She ...more
Daisy
Aug 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Be Mine, King is the first book that I have read by this author and overall I liked the book. I think this author has a lot of potential since I liked her own approach to the conventional mafia trope. It does not read like a typical mafia story which I think was awesome.

My main issues were not with the characters themselves but with their development. Humans are by far not rational beings and sometimes we behave differently than expected but in this book I felt that the characters were complete
Mandy Williams
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Anastasia and Nikolai. Wow. This story starts off with a bang, and the secrets swirl throughout the book. Anastasia is the daughter of a bad man, but is living her best life on her own terms. A chance encounter with a stranger years ago and a tragic event, leads her life off onto another tangent. Anastasia and Nikolai both have secrets. The mystery of her past, her isolation growing up, Nikolai's obsession, the King family, kept me riveted. There is so much push and pull between these characters ...more
Joanne Bulmer
May 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Pretty_Book_Whore  Narissa
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You ever want to fight an author because of the cliffhanger they left you with? Well Chelsea has left this book with a bottomless cliffhanger! No clues! Only the anticipation of needing book two!
Be Mine, King is a dark mafia romance. Nikolai has wanted Ana since the night of her 16th birthday. He bid his time til her father was out of his way so he could have. Being a mafia guy he kidnaps her. There's a few wait seriously... that just happened moments, where you realize this author is evil and y
book.addict.nb
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book!! I can not wait for Be Mine, Queen. Anastasia and Nikolai have a different start to there relationship. Nikolai kidnaps Anastasia the day of her dads funeral and tells her it’s because of what her dad owes his family.

“He paid you...to stay away from me.” His words made sense but not his reasoning.

Anastasia is learning new things about her father that she had no idea and the more she finds out the more confused she gets. Can she really trust Nikolai or is he just like everyone
Samantha
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So I wasn’t sure what to expect when I started reading this book as I’ve never picked up a mafia romance before. So I was pleasantly surprised when I picked up this book and was hooked from page one. Although this is a love story starting with a kidnapping the relationship that develops is well written and well paced. Anastasia’s sass and Nikolai’s totally non aggressive alpha with major asshole tendencies make for some beautiful back and forth between the two of them and the brothers. Oh and le ...more
Ga Books LoverX
May 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wow, great job Chelsea! This is the first book in The Crown Duet and it definitely captures your attention right away! Nikolai and Anastasia are a super interesting pair and I enjoyed their interactions together, limited but making it a slow burn that makes you want more. I don't want to go into details because spoilers are awful, but know that this will keep you intrigued and you become super invested in the characters and story!
This was a great start and I enjoyed reading it, definitely wantin
Darcy Smith
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My goodness what a story. This is my first story by Chelsea McDonald and you can call me impressed. This story of Anastasia and Nikolai has many twists and turns throughout it. It draws you in and doesn’t let go. Yes, it does end in a cliffhanger but boy is it good. It is extremely well written and the characters were stunningly developed. Their personalities are felt throughout the story. It packed full of drama, suspense, and mystery. It gives you little insight from time to time of the lives ...more
Carmel's Addictive Nighttime Reads
Part one of the Crown Duet, if mafia is your love then Chelsea McDonald has blown this out of epic proportions.

Nikolai King, is alpha through and through just not in an aggressive manner but more he knows what he wants, and will bide time for as long as required until he gets what he desires, the woman that captured him immediately Anastasia.

With deceit and many twists in the path lying ahead can Anastasia learn to turn the loath and hate of this man into something else?

With an enormous show sto
Angela
May 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Nikolai's life is not normal , control and violence always play a role .
When he sees Anastasia he wants her, but he can't have her...... yet, he has to wait , but when the time is right she WILL be his .
Anastasia has not had a happy life . Her father is not a loving man, the only love she knows is from her aunt .
In her early 20's her whole life changes.

Looking forward to seeing how this duet concludes
Heather Woodman
May 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Oh wow I just loved this book, Nik and Ana are characters I felt I could really connect with and I loved the development of their relationship through the trials and tribulations that came their way. I was grasped by the slow burn of their connection along with the surprises and shocks. And that ending! All I can say is I can’t want for book two of this duet! ♥️
Nikitasbookreviews
May 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was my first read from this author And it was an enjoyable read and it definitely had some twists and turns I wasn’t expecting.

It definitely had the mafia world that i enjoy reading. The dynamics with these characters were intriguing and it definitely had me invested from the beginning.

I definitely can’t wait to read the next book! 4 stars and I definitely recommend this!
Fay (Funkybooklover78) Moore
May 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
First book by this author and was pleasantly surprised ,

Nikolai see’s Ana at her fathers and once their eyes connect he becomes obsessed ..

Years later
And years of watching and waiting
He takes her.

Just as she starts to need him in her life and accept him for the way he is , a new plot twist emerges...

I’m little bit excited for book 2 now after that ending

🌟🌟🌟🌟
Kasey McCarthy
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nikolai noticed Anastasia as a teenager when he was visiting her father. She left an impression on him but he didn’t seem to notice him. Years later when the unexpected happens, Nikolai has to make a decision but is it a good one? Anastasia has been through so much, how much more can she take?

• Prince of Hearts (Verona Legacy, #1)
  • The Savage Sinner (A Series of Savage Gentlemen, #2)
  • Have Mercy (Mercy Academy #3)
  • Southern Comfort (Southern, #2)
  • Steel Princess (Royal Elite, #2)
  • With This Ring
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • A Filthy Rock Star (Filthy Line #1)
  • Inappropriate
  • Gym Junkie
  • The Ruthless Knight
  • With This Ring
  • Unorthodox (Sick Love #1)
  • Like You Care (Devilbend Dynasty, #1)
  • Release (The Release Series, #1)
  • Love Bitten (Vampire Blood Royals, #1)
  • Gia (Tied in Steel #3)
  • King of Souls (Verona Legacy, #2)
Chelsea McDonald was born and raised in Australia. Having travelled all over the world, she currently resides in England with her partner, two step-children and grandchild.

She enjoys writing, reading, travelling, music and spending time with her loved ones. Chelsea works part-time as a receptionist, part-time as a romance author and in-between she can be found working out at the local gym.

Having

The Crown Duet (2 books)
  • Be My Queen (The Crown Duet, #2)

News & Interviews