Start by marking “Disappeared and Found” as Want to Read:
Disappeared and Found

Disappeared and Found

Was She Adopted or Kidnapped?

A young woman’s search for her biological family opens up a mystifying nineteen-year-old cold case of a mother and her baby daughter disappearing while on a walk, a development that arouses interest and surprise from a couple of television programs, local and federal law enforcement, and a splintered family.
Dorothy had always felt the love of b
Published November 9th 2019 by Outskirts Press, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Disappeared and Found, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Disappeared and Found

Start your review of Disappeared and Found
InD'tale Magazine
A strikingly suspenseful tale of hidden truths, “Disappeared and Found” takes a simple quest and gives it so many twists and turns readers will be on pins and needles until the end!

Read full review in the 2020 April issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Diane Griffiths
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Giveaway win!

Dorothy discovers she is adopted when she is in a class in a Community College and has to determine her blood type. She contacts the Finding Family TV show to see if they can find her real parents.
This really gets sticky once she finds out who her real family is and the circumstances behind her adoption.

I enjoyed this story and it kept my interest. I liked the basis of it and how it all came out.
Michell
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Community College student, Dorothy, discovers that she is adopted and contacts the Finding Family TV show and opens a large can of worms. I enjoyed reading this book.

**GoodReads Winner**
River
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story

This was a good story. I liked seeing the relationships form and develop. Dorthy was a believable and likable character. The ending was so sad!
Darrell Datte
Won this in Goodreads Giveaway.

Girl discovers that the parents who raised her are not her biological parents. She goes on quest of discovery. Could have been a riveting storyline but for the poor plot development and bad dialog. Those of you my age may remember Dick, Jane and Sally from our first grade readers? Well they grew up to be characters in this novel. Thankfully, this novel is short enough that I was able to knock it out quickly. Had it stopped raining sooner, I may never have finished
Stacey
Nov 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story was great and it was a good read. Dorothy finds out during a course in college that her blood type doesn’t match her parents. A recommendation from a friend has her sending an email to a tv show that helps adopted children find their birth parents. She finds a family that has been looking for her for years. Her real mom is still missing. The only reason I didn’t rate this story 5 stars is that the dialogue was so uncomfortable to read. It sounds nothing like how real conversations go. ...more
Randi
Feb 05, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I’m mostly giving this rating because of the bad writing. Between the poor dialogue, strange sexual undertones, and misogyny, it was extremely difficult to want to keep reading to the end. I don’t think this story was well researched and I would be surprised if the author had any experience with actual adopted people outside of tv. There was no climax, no tension, and definitely no suspense. I would like to see the story written better.
Bonnie
Jun 14, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a Goodreads Giveaway win. While it is suspenseful, I almost gave up in the first few pages because I was not a fan of the author’s writing style. I did think the storyline was creative so kept with it and did finish it. The author is too descriptive for me as, at times, it seemed as though she just needed to get more words into the book.

Michaela
Ann Kietzman
Traci
Scott
Dec 26, 2019

• Cabin 3 (Steele Shadows Security #3)
  • Healing the Heart of a Cowboy (McGuire Family, #1)
  • The Meat Hunter
  • Credence
  • The Last Sister (Columbia River #1, Callahan & McLane, #5)
  • Big Lies in a Small Town
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • In a Field of Blue
  • Baiting Him (How to Catch an Alpha #2)
  • A Secret for a Secret (All In, #3)
  • Cards of Love: Judgment
  • The Binder of Lost Stories
  • Savage Spades
  • Catching Him (How to Catch an Alpha #1)
  • Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)
  • Saddle Up (Ryker Ranch, #1)
  • Darwin's Tulip
Kerry Reis was born in Oregon and grew up in Jacksonville, Florida. As an undergraduate, he attended the University of California at Los Angeles, where he graduated with a bachelor’s in motion picture and television arts. He worked for ABC Television for twenty eight years and became the associate director of digital broadcast communications for the Disney ABC Television Group. He has travelled wi ...more

News & Interviews