Start by marking “Found (Thornbriar Academy #1)” as Want to Read:
Found (Thornbriar Academy #1)

Found

(Thornbriar Academy #1)

Spirit shifters are killed at birth, except when they aren't.

Raised by human traffickers, Hailey learned from an early age that the one person she could trust was herself.

But a shifter needs a pack, and Hailey doesn't know who's an enemy and who's a lover. Or who to trust with a secret that could get her killed.

Found is a the first book in this Why Choose, Dark Paranormal
Published December 5th 2019 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Found, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Found

Start your review of Found (Thornbriar Academy #1)
Daisy Delfin

Pages: 177
My rating: 3.5
Read other books by this author in the future: yes

This is a quite short book. It was an entertaining, fast read and I enjoyed it. So I rated it 3.5 because it is more than an okay 3 stars book but did not get me hooked like a 4 star book normally does.
Again the FMC is raised under weird conditions. She was kidnaped and raised by people who steal kids for human trafficking. But she is rescued and put into a school, where she learns all about the shifter world and makes
Missy Brown
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a different take on shifters, this is the book for you. I loved what Cali has done with the spirit shifters, and her take on the shifter world.

The female lead Hailey has not had an easy life, being kidnapped as a kid. Raised cruely by human traffickers, Hailey has always had something extra. More strength, healing, and in her dreams is where she knows she is different. Who dreams about being a mermaid? Who dreams of wolves? One day approaching her 18th bday, she has
Crys
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this book as an advanced reader, and I'm leaving an honest review in return. I truly enjoyed reading this story by Ms. Mann. Her ability to introduce the reader to Hailey's history, The Thornbriar Academy, and Hailey's love interests is beautifully woven into the story. I can see many potential plots for the future. I love the different personalities between her love interests as well. I can't wait to see how their relationships continue to grow. My only criticism is that I feel like ...more
Carol Rupprecht
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such a captivating book with a new take on shifters! The backgrounds for each character were very interesting and really gave the reader insight as to why they act or behave a certain way. Each of the guys was different and broken in his own way. Hailey is also a strong main character that is battling her past. I love how she doesn't want to be caged in and just wants to enjoy the freedom that she has never experienced before. Over the years she has learned to trust only herself, but it ...more
MB-GIBEAULT
Loveeee

New twist on shifters. I really loved this book. The main character Hailey is a badass but a little broken. Shes trying to find her way after being released from a hell hole of a situation. This is definitely an interesting twist on shifters. I really loved reading something a little different. I would say this is probably medium burn. Loveee the boys and their on again off again possessiveness. I really liked how the relationships developed throughout the book. The author really paints a
Lindsay K
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! I love how the author gave us a look into Hailey’s background, it really helps the reader understand why she does what she does throughout the book. I found this take on shifters to be really captivating. It isnt like any other book I have read and I loved that! I also enjoyed getting to know the guys that she met along the way. Each of them is so different but loyal to each other. Overall I cannot wait to see what happens in the next book! I would definitely ...more
Kimberly Garner
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was engaging, entertaining, and just a plain good read. This is Cali Mann's first book, and I thought it was a great effort, she has a thorough grasp on her subject, and her world building is great. It will be very interesting to see how she blossoms in her writing in the future, as she grows, you will see her books and the scope of her writing blossom too. This was an entertaining book, was it perfect? No. There are no perfect books, but I really cannot wait ...more
Rachel Osborne
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hailey is a fierce character that you will love. Her will to fight and survive a difficult upbringing will give you a roller-coaster of emotions. I really liked the characters and the types of shifters. After reading found, you'll have so many questions that you'll be wanting answered. I fell in love with the academy style that cali created and I'm so excited for book 2. The scenes were interesting, intriguing and hot. The emotions were there to keep you invested into the story and you will not ...more
Beth Knight
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

So, this is my first book from this author and it did not disappoint! I had no idea what to expect and I was blown away. The story is really interesting and imaginative. I love Hailey, she is really brave. I am wondering if there is more to Noah Reed and who is Kaiden. I am on team #whychoose right now and I am eagerly awaiting for the next book.
Brittany  Alexander
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a free ARC from the author and I am voluntarily leaving this honest review. This book was pretty dang good, my only complaint is that it was too short and I wanted more! Hailey, coming from a twisted past, is a pretty bad a** main character! I can’t wait to see where the next book takes her!
Bethany Jolliff
Found

I really enjoyed this book. There wasn't excessive world building but enough that you had an idea of what was happening. I really liked that there wasn't insta-love even though it was a pretty fast burn. The fmc doesn't just go along with being in a relationship and you can see the turmoil around the building relationships between the fmc and her men. I did receive a free review copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review
Lisa Baffi
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Five stars!

I really liked this story, the idea of a spirit shifter is interesting. I also liked having all the characters points of view, I like to hear what all the guys are thinking. I am looking forward to the next book.
Michelle
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

This story was enthralling, I couldn't put it down it was captivating. This was a fantastic book and I loved it. Hailey is an intriguing character and the guys are interesting and their personalities are varied. The interactions between Hailey and other characters were fun to read. I can't wait to read the next book.
Veronica Prowant
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tabitha Wildman
Jan 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Oh if only...

The idea of the story is really good, but the execution could use some tweaks. It isn't a bad read, but the potential and further writing skills could make this even better. A lot of the redundancy of the same thoughts, presented the same way, and known by the bonded pack had it feeling like the guys shared the same brain. The have the same way of thinking even though their personalities are a bit different.

The FMC isn't that lovable. How she rationalizes things, reactions to
Nicole
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
This book has a great storyline and potential but I felt that it was rushed and way too short. I read it in about 2 1/2 hours and it was roughly 170 pages. I would have liked some more details in the writing.

The FMC was kidnapped at age 7 and held by human traffickers yet someone was allowed to remain a virgin and not abused. However, she was exposed to a lot of sexual situations and stories by the other girls who were not so lucky. This being said, I hated how quickly she gave up her
Kelsi
Dec 17, 2019 rated it liked it
One con in the afterword

The afterword said “ can Hailey give up her precious freedom for love?”. That made me sick- can’t she have both? Can’t she be free? She’s been literally held for her whole life, please please please give the girl a life! I’m really hating the theme of 1 month from trapped to love with possible mates for eternity with no “freedom”. No life experiences like our main character has been dreaming about during her dark captivity. Let her dance, travel, experience the sea, the
Heather Gilbert
I’m curious

Alright, while this is an academy reverse Harem, and certainly fit the parameters of it, it was still more entertaining as some I’ve read recently. A bit fast in places, and jumps in plot and time got to me, not to mention the brewing emotions amongst the guys that feels like it lacks a foundation.... but it was still a decent read. And since it’s on KU, I’ll be following it.

First person, multiple POV, Cliffhanger, NA, medium burn RH
MMMMF(m?)
Character age range 18+
Rating = R (sexual
Mandi
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good fast paced read! You'll enjoy it.

The book has a rich world of characters. You'll fall in love with them the m oi re you read.

Hailey's dream is freedom. She was kidnapped as a young child and held in captivity for years. Change scene to the academy, where she is not permitted to leave the grounds. Again, she feels a lack of freedom and tries to escape. However, life is always complex and plans can go awry. She starts to care for more than one guy on campus. On top of that she's holding a
Cherry Mischievous
My Thoughts:
Short and sweet read.

There isn't much of a plot. Just an introduction to this world and the main characters and a big cliffhanger ending. However, it does have great story telling quality, now am hooked! The thing is, reverse harem is not my genre. But I was already halfway through this book before I realised that it is a reverse harem! And then again, I am kind of partial towards cat shifters and Terrin is a jaguar shifter... That speaks of the character development that is solid!
Belinda Clemons
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG Hailey is so great I loved her character alot. she hasn't had a great life but things seem to be turning around when she goes to Thornbriar Academy although not in the way she would have thought. Terrin a Earth Jaguar shifter, Adrian a water shifter , and Sciro a Vampire air shifter are a great set of men for her. So different but still perfect all the same. I can't wait for book 2 I wonder why I Kaiden is though and am curious about Brenton also.
Kristin
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good start

Hailey is unique and strong. She is wanting true connection and freedom after 10 years of being a captive. There are a lot of secrets though and it just might get her killed. I think she will have 4 mates.... the three friends and her lab partner. One for each shift. The guys are kind of immature and do things to hurt her but I guess they are all broken in different ways.
Tara Syrnyk
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I’ve read of this author and the first in this series. It is a unique, intriguing read that kept me interested through to the end. I enjoyed the different take on shifters the author brings to this book, the world building and character development was good, especially being a first book. I look forward to reading more and seeing where the author takes this story!
Gina
Dec 26, 2019 rated it liked it
3 stars

Right in the synopsis, it states that spirit shifters are killed at birth. My biggest issue with this story is that the author never states how a spirit shifter is identified if they do not actually shift until age 18. What is different about a spirit shifter birth, but leaves no mark or indicator on the child?
Michelle Rodriguez
Feb 15, 2020 rated it did not like it
Wow what a terrible read

I knew i was taking a chance on this book since the description was vague and uninteresting. Going against my better judgement I downloaded and read in one night. I wish I hadn’t wasted my time. The main characters are almost all unlikable and the story drawn out and boring. No action at all. Boring boring boring.
Pamala Hunt
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

Wolf shifter, mermaid shifter, vampiric shifter, or some flying shifter. Hayley has the all, a spirit shifter! Left a lot of questions and she has two mates that she doesn’t even know she is mated. Good first book and interesting shifter romance.
Jade Wolf
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the concept of this book! I love the storyline! Its so awesome! I also love the characters! I cant wait for more! So excited! Just way! You really did an amazing job! So ready for the second book!
Mariah
Dec 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Good read

Pretty average read. The writing was good and the plot was the best part. The characters themselves aren’t complex or anything though and are actually pretty basic. Nothing special and I definitely wouldn’t consider it a bully romance.
Lawanda Gail
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Reverse Harem Paranormal Romance

Haley was kidnapped at 7. She was taken to an orphanage that was a front to a sex ring. At 17 she was rescued and taken to a place to learn about being a shifter. She will shift at 18 but into what?.
Krystal gaston
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
found was a good start to the series it is full of everything needed to keep you hooked throughout the entire story. I'm looking forward to reading book 2 when it comes out.

• Stray (Cats of Felidae Academy, #1)
  • The Only Essence (The White Dragon Book 1)
  • Shifted Fate (The Wolves of Forest Grove Book 1)
  • Wicked Blaze Correctional (The Wronged, #1)
  • Seeking Magic: A Reverse Harem Romance (The Lost Seeker Book 1)
  • Seraphim Academy 1: Wicked Wings
  • High Fae Academy: Year One
  • Upended Life (Artemis University #1)
  • Drowning Studies (Artemis University #2)
  • Reborn in Flames (Reborn, #1)
  • The Missing Wolf (Familiar Empire #1)
  • The Lost Girl (Shifter Academy: United, #2)
  • Saving Their Queen (The Albino Queen Book 1)
  • Shadowborn Academy: Year One (Dark Fae Academy Series, #1)
  • Unleashing Trials: Year 1 (Academy of Sorcery #1)
  • The Wolf At My Door (Pack Heat, #1)
  • Descendant of Chaos (Descendants #1)
  • Fated Magic (Academy of the Elites, #3)

Thornbriar Academy (4 books)
  • Lost
  • Bound (Thornbriar Academy #2)
  • Saved