Start by marking “Crush” as Want to Read:
Crush

Crush

The only thing headier than wine is lust.
Ryan Royer thought his business trip to California’s Napa Valley would be easy. Land a new client. Taste wine. But when the client is a free-spirited bombshell who presses all of his buttons, Ryan’s world goes sideways.
Kenzie Balfour is entirely irresistible. She’s the fourth generation to run The von Eck Estate Winery and she’s
Kindle Edition
Published January 9th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Crush, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crush

Start your review of Crush
Jessica Alcazar
I have four books sitting on my kindle, including this one, and I am beside myself because I have not read every single word this woman has ever written. WHY PEOPLE, WHYYYY?!?!

THIS IS HOW YOU DO INSTA! All the #wins
Joyce
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There is a special something extra in Mae Wood’s writing that I can’t quite put my finger on. Her writing is very sensory to me. The tastes and touches, the settings and sights. It’s the little things, the crunch of gravel under a boot that I can feel and hear. The sight of the sun setting over the vines. The bite and burst of the grape on the tongue. The graze of fingertips over skin leaving a trail of goosebumps. This book, especially, leaves me longing for a world of Ms. Wood’s making. Ryan ...more
Mae Wood
Aug 04, 2019 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
January 9, 2020!
The only thing headier than wine is lust.
Listen to an audio preview at www.maewood.com/crush

Heather
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kenzie and Ryan grabbed me from the beginning and didn't let go! The insta-lust and feeling of rightness between them sucked me right in. They both have very real reasons to stay apart, but deep down they both know from the start that they are meant to be more that just a crush. Mae Wood writes with such descriptive beauty that you feel, see and hear everything she is describing. The sun setting over the vineyard, the crunch of gravel, the feel of a plump grape between your fingers. It's ...more
V Meade
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kenzie and Ryan on paper they appear to be polar opposites, but the moment they meet - they feel an instant attraction. They feel like they've known each other forever. Kenzie is young, but she's learning the family wine business and is determined to succeed. Ryan is older and is in the finance industry. When Ryan and Kenzie get together things get HOT! You can feel their pull and attraction. You will cheer for them and feel their pain because as with all relationships nothing ever comes easy. ...more
Sue
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was my first Mae Wood book but I've already gone back and put all her books on my TBR list. People have been telling me for awhile that I need to get with it...I'm just sorry it took me so long. I found this story to be super sexy with some great banter (Kenzie is a complete delight). Both Ryan and Kenzie feel like they've known each other before but neither can put their finger on it either...a lot of the suspense for me was HOW did they know each other...I'm not sure I got that answer ...more
Judy
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Crush is set in Napa Valley and the Von Eck Winery that Kenzie will one day inherit. This book is a few years ahead of this author’s book “Plus One” which features Kenzie’s cousin Drennan.
Ryan, a 30-year-old banker, meets Kenzie in the process of helping the winery secure financing for expansion. Kenzie and Ryan experience a love at first sight/instant attraction/magnetic pull toward each other. I really loved this element of the story. They each had this deep feeling immediately that they were
Missie M
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“He wasn’t a crush. He was it for me.” Crush by Mae Wood

I feel like an insta-love has to be done just right - and this one was! Ryan and Kenzie are an adorable couple that just couldn’t help but fall in love!

I absolutely adore Mae Wood’s books! This one made me want to go to a winery in Napa - and I don’t really even like wine!

There was adventure and practicality in this book that were so well balanced! This was an amazing addition to her awesome books! I highly recommend this sweet, hot, and
Deva
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One thing I like best about Mae’s books is that you dive right in. She immerses you in the story and then weaves the backstory in after- seamlessly. I love it.
Kenzie is young. But somehow she’s so relatable. Ryan is the cutest. If you love love, pick this one up. You won’t be sorry.
Michelle Rodriguez
Love at first sight or Lust at first sight? That's what you will get within the first few chapters of this book. MacKenzie and Ryan or Kenzie and Ryan. Her family owned vineyard is trying to get a loan to expand their winery, he's the guy that can get the big bucks. But that first meeting between these two was a punch to the gut for both Kenzie and Ryan. Their affair starts off really hot a sexy, but hurdles or the hurdles these two endure to keep what they have to themselves. They both realize ...more
Regina Breier
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Insta-attraction!

The insta-love trope is alive and well in the wine country of California and I love it! Ryan and McKenzie “Kenzie” both experience a sense of home or familiarity in their first encounter. Both believe they have met before, although neither can recall the event. Both have an immediate and visceral attraction to each other and both have no idea what to do about it. Some might call it souls reconnecting or hearts acknowledging their other halves; I would call it kismet.

The two do
E.S. Carter
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes romance books forgo depth and connection for steam-factor, and that's cool.
Sometimes books dive headfirst into insta-lust, and that's cool, too.
Rarely does a book come along that manages to combine ALL those elements.
But this book CRUSHED it.
See what I did there ;)

This story had it all.
It was well-crafted, detailed, and engaging from the very first page.
It was swoony and oh so sexy.
It was everything you could want in a romance book.
So what are you waiting for?
1-click and thank me
Leisa Ann
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Insta connection, steamy scenes and vineyards...what’s not to love! I loved Kenzie and Ryan and although they had a few ups and downs they did not waiver from their connection. Just as in real life....sometimes when you know you just know. I loved the imaginary of the vineyards so much it made me want to book a trip to Napa.
Natasha
My love of wine is real, now give me a romance about wine. You have me hooked line and corkscrew. Kenzie and Ryan's story will leave you smiling and in love.

He starting to come undone and I couldn't help but wonder how far he would come undone for me

This right here is how Ryan feels about Kenzie, he craves her presence and her passion for her work. When Kenzie talks about her family business you can't help be excited and passionate

See more on release day with my VLOG.
Sarah/DragonflyReads
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing

photo 038F40F8-E097-4A63-8FF1-3C0A9862A3D6.jpg

Utterly sweet and to the point. CRUSH is aces! This story involves Kenzie and Ryan. If you’ve read Mae Wood’s Plus One, you’ll know that Kenzie is Drennan’s cousin. Crush reads as a perfect standalone and/or prequel to Plus One.

This book was scorching! I’m a sucker for insta-love/lust and Crush delivers. Kenzie and Ryan’s story is full of tension and angst with the right amount of heat and love.

”Even if this was a mistake, he was the best mistake I’d ever made.”

This story is
Isabella Bazz
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book. Well written romance. Kenzie and Ryan meet when Kenzie's family need some financial backup for a land deal. She is being groomed to work for her family business and Ryan is climbing the financial world. Sparks fly on their first meeting.
Vivi
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided by the author for an honest review. Crush is a passionate and sweet love story at first sight, which tells about overcoming difficulties and achieving dreams even when they scare us. Ryan and Kenz bring us the illusion of the endearing love of other times, with a good dose of passion and the taste of a seriously accomplished wine. A story well told that we can not let go and that leaves us with the desire for more, with a literary hangover.

Once again, Mae Wood does not disappoint,
Peggy
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

This story gives us both a scorchingly hot love affair between Kenzie and Ryan when she was still quite young, and a real look into wine making. Fascinating to look at the grapes at this level.
Amazing to see how strongly connected Kenzie and Ryan become. I really was riveted by this story and I recommend it to anyone else who loves romance. Or wine. Or both.
Michelle
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-favorites
LOVE LOVE LOVE this.

I love the Pig & Barley world and while this isn't 100% that, it is that.

I loved how strong and how self assured she is. He did piss me off and I wanted him to fight a bit harder and have her MAKE him fight, but when she got to why she didn't I agreed with her.

You get a good look into what makes a bottle of wine. I loved that. I love that I learned something.
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
Ahh! What a wonderful story!
Kenzie is such a strong heroine. She has her eyes on her dream and is intent on working hard to achieve her goals.
Ryan arrives in Napa, thinking only about nabbing a client and scoring a promotion but is bowled over by a beautiful wine maker.

“My world that was built on science and facts now felt like it was floating on feeling and intuition.”

The romance went from zero to speeding in seconds! A bit of an insta-lust story that develops into so much more.

“I wanted
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
This was my first book by Mae Wood and I am regretting waiting this long to read her work. This book was awesome. So awesome that I read it in two days. I fell in love with the chemistry between Ryan and McKenzie from the first few chapters. I was hooked and couldn't get enough of these characters.

The hot and cold, push and pull of Ryan and McKenzie's lust and love was mesmerizing. The more they tried to stay away from each other and ignore their feelings, the more I was rooting for them!

On top
Erin
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have a deep fondness for Mae Wood and her words! I first fell in love with her writing when she wrote about my man, Bert. She knows I need him in real life lol but Ryan is running a very close second and Kenzie is one of my favorite female characters. I love that there is some push and pull to keep you interested but I just adore the fact that this is a woman who knows what she wants and goes and gets it. There are a couple of times that I wanted to smack them both but I truly enjoyed this ...more
Aimee Crant-oksa
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
I met Mae Wood at a book signing and really wanted to read one of her books. This was my first read and it will not be my last. The story and writing captured me from the start. It was a sweet story set in wine country, and made me feel like I was watching a Hallmark movie.
I really liked the characters, and their push and pull with each other. They had a sort of forbidden romance as they worked together on this vineyard expansion project and there is a slight age gap. Ryan has a hard time with
Deedy Hays
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book takes place, in the book world created by Mae, before her Plus One book. Appearances from Drennan, Kenzie’s cousin, were a happy surprise. Ryan and Kenzie’s chemistry is off the charts from the beginning of the book.

This book takes a turn into the very hot explicit lane for Mae, who generally is very mild, in her previous books in this area. It was a very happy surprise!

I loved the intertwining of wine references to sexual chemistry in this book. Mae as always is very meticulous in
Susan
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Mae Wood has a way with words. Her writing has a level of sophistication and maturity that I absolutely adore! From the setting of the story (Napa Valley- wine country- hello?!) to the chemistry between Ryan and Kensie right from the start, Crush has it all! Right from the start, there was this insta-lust between the two main characters that drew me in, despite that Kensie and Ryan seemed so different than each other. It was obvious that these two were meant to be more than a crush!

I absolutely
Claire
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I never know quite what to expect when I open a new Mae Wood book in terms of characters and plot. She writes stories with a lovely variety of people, times and places. But what I always DO expect is top-notch writing, excellent character development and a happily ever after. Crush is no exception, it met every hope I had for a satisfying read. Mae’s writing is emotionally evocative without ratcheting up the angst levels her characters have to endure. Ryan and McKenzie are characters you love to ...more
Wendy LeGrand
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
There's just something about the way Mae Woods writes that really resonates with me. I fall into her stories and I'm enraptured all the way until I turn the last page. This time around we spend this story at the picturesque von Eck Estate Winery with McKenzie and Ryan, and boy howdy the sparks fly with these two right from the start!

What I loved about this story is the way Mae pulls the reader in and has us totally invested in the relationship between Kenzie and Ryan. Two people who are
Reading Addict
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am crushing on Crush! McKenzie Balfour has wine making in her veins. Born into a family legacy of vintners she lives and breathes for the land that grows her family's wine. Ryan Royer has worked had to be almost to the top in investment banking with his firm and has no other plans other than reaching the pinnacle at work before crossing paths with Kenzie at her family's vineyard. What they both assume to be a mutual crush on each other develops to so much more as they spend time together. They ...more
Elizabeth
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Here is what I love about this author, she writes characters with real feelings, with normal everyday obstacles that we all face in our everyday lives. Her characters are believable even when it’s insta-love, they aren’t melodramatic. They’re just real...

There is no slow burn with this book, you basically dive in head first to insta-lust that rolls into a relationship. The slight age difference was the perfect setup for how the couple reacts to certain situations. Both Ryan and Kenzie are strong
Stephanie
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found it so easy to get swept away with Kenzie & Ryan and their journey! I loved these characters and their world! I hope that more will be coming in this world.

Mae Wood delivered a great story that kept me flipping the pages. I have loved her writing for a couple years and I always look forward to what she comes up with next.

I voluntarily reviewed this book.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please replace non-cover with cover for paperback 3 238 Dec 10, 2019 11:59AM

• Rough Sketch
  • Far Cry (Talbott's Cove, #3)
  • Humbugged (Happy Cat, #4)
  • Southern Heartbreaker (Charleston Heat, #4)
  • Holiday Ever After
  • The Arrival of You (Mile High #2)
  • Wild Open Hearts (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Mile High
  • Behind the Veil
  • No Vacancy
  • Bang Theory
  • The Price Of Scandal (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • The Amendment (The Contract, #2)
  • Crazy for Loving You (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Mistletoe Over Manhattan
  • One Complicated Christmas
  • Focused
  • The Mogul and the Muscle (Bluewater Billionaires)
Professional sassypants and novelist, Mae Wood has been a bookworm her entire life.

She loves cheeses, complicated crafts that she'll start but never complete, and puns.

A while ago Mae decided that she needed to give up the fear that she couldn't write "great literature" and write what she wants to read.

And she wants romance. And laughter. And real life.

She wants heroines who are brave. Brave