Start by marking “Angels Sing (Daddy Dearest, #2)” as Want to Read:
Angels Sing (Daddy Dearest, #2)

Angels Sing

(Daddy Dearest #2)

Jamie Bailey has not had such a wonderful life. He gave up his dreams of Harvard at 18 to raise his sister’s unwanted baby, and later a prized job to help a sick friend. Now the father of six-year-old Mia, and assistant manager at Raven Books, Jamie’s dreams are dashed once again when Uncle Billy admits what dire straights the bookshop is in.

Stanton Potter, son of the
Published December 2nd 2019 by Eli Easton

To ask other readers questions about Angels Sing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angels Sing

Start your review of Angels Sing (Daddy Dearest, #2)
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I know Eli Easton can write a fabulous holiday story, but Angels Sing didn't really work for me, even though many of my friends enjoyed it.

First of all, there is a LOT of kid and kid-centered content in this story, and while that isn't always a bad thing, I felt like much of the focus of the story was on the children and their issues and not enough on relationship development. It wasn't my favorite setting for a holiday story, but I think if the rest of the book was stellar, I could have just
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

I hate saying anything negative about an Eli Easton book because I love her work. Most of her stories are 5 star reads for me. The first Daddy Dearest book certainly was.

However, while I liked Angels Sing, I didn't love it. Because reasons, the main one being:

SO MANY DAMN KIDS.

Yes, yes, this series is about daddies, but the kids (not just Mia, Jamie's daughter, but all of Stanton's 1st grade students) took over the story line. Stanton is pushed into being a 1st grade substitute teacher,
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
3.5

I am crushing it with the femme reads all the sudden! Keep em comin', authors. I dig it. I dig it muchly.

So... spoiler alert, one of the characters in this sentimental holiday story is androgynous AND femme. Jaime is 100% sweetheart too. He's given up a lot of opportunities in his life to do the right thing and that's a rarity in the human race so I connected to him and his precocious and adorable daughter Mia pretty quickly.

Stanton is his love interest, a slightly older jock type and his
Sheri
Huh??
*scratches head*
I'm kinda confused. To be honest, halfway through I stopped reading and went back to the beginning to double-check things...I wasn't sure I was reading the right book?! Turns out I was, it just wasn't what I was expecting.
I'm having an especially hard time wrapping my head around the fact that this is a Daddy Dearest story because I LOVED Family Camp. And...I did not love Angels Sing. I didn't hate it but I could have done without it and that's not like me and an Easton
* A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars

This went down nice and easy, as Easton reliably delivers on the holiday stories!

Totally a standalone in this series of single dads, this starts with Jamie who’s raising his daughter Mia, on his own. Their lives are disrupted when her most beloved teacher has to go on maternity leave, and a new one takes her place… a very nice looking one at that!

Stanton is used to just coaching older kids in various sports, and he’s totally out of his element when it comes to 6 year olds. It doesn’t
Meags
3.5 Stars

I liked this one. I daresay I ended up liking it even more than I thought I would when I first began.

That might seem like a strange comment to make when talking about a story by the ever-incomparable Eli Easton, but as a teacher, I actually try and avoid stories that are heavy on the kid stuff, as this series is, because I already feel a little bogged down by it all in real-life – and, honestly, my reading is a place for escape!

Having said that, in this story, where one MC is a young
Cadiva
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5*

I absolutely adored the first book in the Daddy Dearest series and this one had all the same promise when it started.

It's seriously sweet, with a compelling cast of characters and I loved the setting, I'd happily spend hours in Raven Books!

But, I'm not sure what happened, it all then just seemed to carry on with one note.

(view spoiler)
BWT (Belen)
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Eli Easton always writes consistently good holiday stories, and I absolutely loved Family Camp, the first book in the Daddy Dearest series, so when I found out the second book in the series would also double for a holiday read this year I was excited.

Angels Sing is a fun, sweet, and heartwarming holiday read I read in a single sitting. It's not long, it's heavy on the holiday sentimentality, there's definitely a couple of long winks towards It's a Wonderful Life, but it was the happy ending
Tess
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing

THIS was the Christmas romance I’ve been waiting for. Sweet and feel-good with lovely characters getting a beautiful HEA.
michaela ⚘
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge lover of Eli Easton’s work so I had been “patiently” waiting to get my hands on this little beauty since it was announced.

And, Eli did NOT disappointed whatsoever.

A young, single father. A gym teacher suddenly put in charge of twenty something six year olds. An adorable, smart little girl. Mix in holiday cheer and you get a charming Christmas romance.

I was quite taken with Jamie from the very start. I am a sucker for being able to relate to characters and I was able to resonate
Bev
4.25 stars from me. Yes, it was a little sugary sweet, but I liked the characters and the fact that there was another little person for Jamie and Stanton to love at the end. Much better for me personally than Family Camp, which I found quite cringeworthy and cavity-inducing to be honest.
iam
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtqia, plus-mini-me
Super cute holiday romance!

Content warnings include: sex on-page, character faces loosing their job and livelihood, debt; mentions of unplanned pregnancy and giving up once-in-a-livetime opportunities.

I enjoyed reading this a lot, even though it had a bittersweet note for me while being very definitely a light-hearted book.
The romance was cute and light-handed, with an equal amount of attention on the kids, both Mia, Jamie's daughter, and the entire class of first graders Stanton got roped into
Achim
3.5
If I ever want to remember how I felt about this years Christmas journey with Eli Easton I only have to read ~~Dαni(ela) love & semi-colons~~'s review. She said all there is to say.
Karen
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Look daddy...teacher says everytime a bell rings..."

Now if you've seen 'It's a Wonderful Life' than you know what the ending for that sentence is and if you haven't...seriously what are you waiting for? ok, if you haven't figured it out already this is absolutely my favorite holiday movie and this book is not that movie but...

Eli Easton's "Angels Sing" is set in 'Bedford Falls' and features Jamie Bailey (George Bailey) Mai Bailey (I know we want to say Mary Bailey here, but I'm going with
Lisazj1
Just as sweet, swoony and adorable as I could want for a holiday tale. Eli Easton is an auto-buy author for me and I always count on her for wonderful Christmas feels as well as a good story. And I loved all the nods to one of my all-time favorite Christmas movies! <3
Denise H.
A delightful Christmas story with lots of heart.
In Oregon, Jaime, 24, works in his Uncle's Bookstore;

living upstairs with his niece, Mia, 6, who he is raising. Mia is in 1st grade and a great kid. Jaime became her Dad at 18, and it cost him his scholarship and work dreams, but he's happy and loves his child. Mia's teacher is pregnant and placed on bed rest, so Mia's new teacher is Coach Stanton, and Mia doesn't like it.
Stanton, 33, is bi and likes what he sees...

... in Jaime, he sees a free
Jason Bradley
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, christmas, ebook, edb
I LOVED this!
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Hmmm. I love Eli Easton's stories. Usually. This one not so much. The rhythm felt off and the characters didn't hook me as many of her others have. There was attraction between Jamie and Stanton but not a lot of sexual chemistry. I was especially disappointed in the sex scenes. I don't care that there were only a few--it's not quantity, it's quality--but I've come to expect some major hormones and fireworks from this author that just weren't there.

There was also a huge focus on Mia, Jamie's
Grace
I generally quite enjoy this author, but this book was a bit of a miss for me. It wasn't bad, and it was short enough (and my expectations based on other reviews) were low enough, that I wasn't too put off, but it just wasn't my cup of tea. Kid!fic is a hard sell for me, and I did think there was just too much focus on children and kids here, and not enough focus on the relationship. The angst was pretty weak and manufactured, I didn't 100% buy the connection between the character or care all ...more
~Volha~
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
** 3.5 stars **

This was a sweet holiday romance. Told from dual POV it was mildly steamy low angst story with a host of mostly cute characters. I liked how both Jamie and Stanton got to know each other - all the shy, awkward and romantic moments. I must admit that at times I found Mia's behavior slightly annoying instead of charming but I decided to overlook it. The plot twist was predictable, but the book had such a feel good vibe that I enjoyed it more than not. Steady paced HEA guaranteed
Mercedes
Dec 07, 2019 rated it liked it

I liked this book EXCEPT! If my kids were going to public school and the school put up a CHRISTMAS pageant and made my kids sing CHRISTMAS songs about the birth of Jesus the school board would not hear the end of it. BIG WTF! This could not be a WINTER or HOLIDAY pageant? I am kinda disappointed about this lack of inclusion or consideration of other cultures or religions.
Aldi
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: lgbtq, meh, romance
Eh, this did little for me, tbh. It's extra-schmoopy, which by itself would be okay since it's a holiday book. But I have a big problem with (view spoiler) ...more
Serena Yates
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: holiday, gay, read-2019
“Face flaming, Stanton carefully put the chair down and stood straight, searching for his dignity. A few children tittered and he grinned back, as if he’d meant to do that. Being six-year-olds, maybe they even bought it.” – Stanton, coach and temporary first-grade teacher

This is the second totally awesome ‘Daddy Dearest’ book – this one Christmas-themed – and I am so glad the author decided to add another volume to this series. I was already pretty much addicted to her stories – but man, this
Joyfully Jay
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sammy
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

Author Eli Easton has taken the premise of the holiday film, It’s a Wonderful Life, and morphed it into a lovely romance, Angels Sing, the second in her Daddy Dearest series. Based loosely on the aforementioned film, it stars two men who have little in common other than their attraction to each other. Stanton is hilarious, at turns, as the physical education teacher turned first-grade, short-term substitute. His main goal is to get through the next few weeks until
Jennifer☠Pher☠
It's a Wonderful Life

I loved this. LOVED IT! This is my favorite Christmas book of the year. I love, love, love the spin the Author put on an old favorite, It's a Wonderful Life and because of that, the magic.

This was just a perfect story for me and absolutely enough of everything I expect and want in a Christmas story.

I was truly not a fan of the first book so I had didn't have high expectations for this one. What a Christmas surprise!

LOVED IT!
Bibliophile
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet. :)
~nikki the recovering book addict
Awww....

Awww.. this was sweet. Not sure how it ties to the first book but this was definitely a super fluff Christmas book
ConM
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romance, ku, holiday, 2019
Sweet.
Jenny Wood
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m such a sucker for a hot dad, and then you go and throw on a Christmas theme and it’s like, just take my money… take all of it, I don’t even care if it’s good. This one, though? This one hit me all kinds in every feel I have.

So, Jamie’s Uncle Billy owns a bookstore that Jamie’s been working at since he was in high school. Destined to do great things, even accepted to Harvard, he let the great opportunities slip by to raise his sister's baby and stick around for his sick Uncle Billy… now, Mia
Ami

Have to agree with few reviews I saw here. The kids rather overwhelmed the romance. Together, I didn't find Jamie and Stanton to sizzle. I was thrown off by ONE single chapter from a completely different POV (is it really needed?!).

BUT, what rather make me sick was the SELFISH way on how Jamie adopted Mia. I mean, SERIOUSLY!! (view spoiler)
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Christmas Deal
  • Hometown Christmas
  • A Boyfriend for Christmas
  • Mr. Right Now
  • The Dichotomy of Angels
  • Promise (Single Dads #3)
  • The Twelve Dates of Christmas
  • The Night (Love in O'Leary #5)
  • No Place Like Home
  • Beautiful Temptation (So This Is Christmas #2)
  • Defrosting Jack (Ice and Snow Christmas, #4)
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • Mr. Naughty List (Home for the Holidays, #2)
  • A (Fake) Boyfriend for Christmas
  • Socks for an Otter
  • To Touch the Light (Irons and Works)
  • My Christmas Spirit
  • Stick to the Script (Ace's Wild, #13)
Having been, at various times and under different names, a minister’s daughter, a computer programmer, the author of paranormal mysteries, a game designer, an organic farmer, an avid hiker, and a profound sleeper, Eli is happily embarking on yet another incarnation as a m/m romance author.

As an addicted reader of such, she is tinkled pink when an author manages to combine literary merit, vast

Daddy Dearest (2 books)
  • Family Camp (Daddy Dearest, #1)