Start by marking “Angels Sing (Daddy Dearest, #2)” as Want to Read:
Angels Sing (Daddy Dearest, #2)

Angels Sing

(Daddy Dearest #2)

Jamie Bailey has not had such a wonderful life. He gave up his dreams of Harvard at 18 to raise his sister’s unwanted baby, and later a prized job to help a sick friend. Now the father of six-year-old Mia, and assistant manager at Raven Books, Jamie’s dreams are dashed once again when Uncle Billy admits what dire straights the bookshop is in.

Stanton Potter, son of the
Published December 2nd 2019 by Eli Easton

To ask other readers questions about Angels Sing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angels Sing

Start your review of Angels Sing (Daddy Dearest, #2)
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
3.5

I am crushing it with the femme reads all the sudden! Keep em comin', authors. I dig it. I dig it muchly.

So... spoiler alert, one of the characters in this sentimental holiday story is androgynous AND femme. Jaime is 100% sweetheart too. He's given up a lot of opportunities in his life to do the right thing and that's a rarity in the human race so I connected to him and his precocious and adorable daughter Mia pretty quickly.

Stanton is his love interest, a slightly older jock type and his
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

I hate saying anything negative about an Eli Easton book because I love her work. Most of her stories are 5 star reads for me. The first Daddy Dearest book certainly was.

However, while I liked Angels Sing, I didn't love it. Because reasons, the main one being:

SO MANY DAMN KIDS.

Yes, yes, this series is about daddies, but the kids (not just Mia, Jamie's daughter, but all of Stanton's 1st grade students) took over the story line. Stanton is pushed into being a 1st grade substitute teacher,
Cadiva
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5*

I absolutely adored the first book in the Daddy Dearest series and this one had all the same promise when it started.

It's seriously sweet, with a compelling cast of characters and I loved the setting, I'd happily spend hours in Raven Books!

But, I'm not sure what happened, it all then just seemed to carry on with one note.

(view spoiler)
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I know Eli Easton can write a fabulous holiday story, but Angels Sing didn't really work for me, even though many of my friends enjoyed it.

First of all, there is a LOT of kid and kid-centered content in this story, and while that isn't always a bad thing, I felt like much of the focus of the story was on the children and their issues and not enough on relationship development. It wasn't my favorite setting for a holiday story, but I think if the rest of the book was stellar, I could have just
BWT (Belen)
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Eli Easton always writes consistently good holiday stories, and I absolutely loved Family Camp, the first book in the Daddy Dearest series, so when I found out the second book in the series would also double for a holiday read this year I was excited.

Angels Sing is a fun, sweet, and heartwarming holiday read I read in a single sitting. It's not long, it's heavy on the holiday sentimentality, there's definitely a couple of long winks towards It's a Wonderful Life, but it was the happy ending
iam
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtqia, plus-mini-me
Super cute holiday romance!

Content warnings include: sex on-page, character faces loosing their job and livelihood, debt; mentions of unplanned pregnancy and giving up once-in-a-livetime opportunities.

I enjoyed reading this a lot, even though it had a bittersweet note for me while being very definitely a light-hearted book.
The romance was cute and light-handed, with an equal amount of attention on the kids, both Mia, Jamie's daughter, and the entire class of first graders Stanton got roped into
Achim
3.5
If I ever want to remember how I felt about this years Christmas journey with Eli Easton I only have to read ~~Dαni(ela) love & semi-colons~~'s review. She said all there is to say.
Jason Bradley
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas, m-m, ebook, edb
I LOVED this!
michaela ⚘
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge lover of Eli Easton’s work so I had been “patiently” waiting to get my hands on this little beauty since it was announced.

And, Eli did NOT disappointed whatsoever.

A young, single father. A gym teacher suddenly put in charge of twenty something six year olds. An adorable, smart little girl. Mix in holiday cheer and you get a charming Christmas romance.

I was quite taken with Jamie from the very start. I am a sucker for being able to relate to characters and I was able to resonate
Aldi
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: lgbtq, meh, romance
Eh, this did little for me, tbh. It's extra-schmoopy, which by itself would be okay since it's a holiday book. But I have a big problem with (view spoiler) ...more
Jambrea Jones
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this story. It's a great way to start off my holiday reading. It made my heart happy to read this story. There were little hints of Christmas magic going on that were awesome.

Jamie is super sweet and just all kinds of awesome. A couple rough things happen, but Stanton is there to help. I don't want to say a lot because I don't want to ruin the lovely vibe of the book. Just... add it to your holiday reading list. NOW.

It will be a re-read for me, for sure. I do love all of Eli's books.
Karen
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Look daddy...teacher says everytime a bell rings..."

Now if you've seen 'It's a Wonderful Life' than you know what the ending for that sentence is and if you haven't...seriously what are you waiting for? ok, if you haven't figured it out already this is absolutely my favorite holiday movie and this book is not that movie but...

Eli Easton's "Angels Sing" is set in 'Bedford Falls' and features Jamie Bailey (George Bailey) Mai Bailey (I know we want to say Mary Bailey here, but I'm going with
Jenny Wood
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m such a sucker for a hot dad, and then you go and throw on a Christmas theme and it’s like, just take my money… take all of it, I don’t even care if it’s good. This one, though? This one hit me all kinds in every feel I have.

So, Jamie’s Uncle Billy owns a bookstore that Jamie’s been working at since he was in high school. Destined to do great things, even accepted to Harvard, he let the great opportunities slip by to raise his sister's baby and stick around for his sick Uncle Billy… now, Mia
Ivy
At 24 years old, Jaimie Bailey is the young father of 6 years old Mia. He works at Bedford Falls’ bookstore, Raven’s book.
Stanton Potter is a fifth-grade coach and the son of the most powerful businesswoman in Bedford Falls. Stanton loved his job until he has to set up a pageant Christmas with first graders. Stanton isn't good with songs until he meets the father of his student Mia and Stanton understand that maybe he can have more than a Christmas show.
Angels Sing by Eli Easton is book 2 in the
Valerie
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it

Angels Sing feels genuine, which makes it easy to recommend as a heartwarming holiday read.

Stanton had a privileged upbringing and chose happiness as an elementary school coach rather than a more prominent, lucrative career in business. Jamie’s adult life has been difficult with multiple massive sacrifices that put his life on a course vastly divergent than he had planned. Stanton and Jamie meet and they are awkward with each other. Stanton is so besotted with Jamie that he can’t act
San
5 "CHRISTMAS FEELS" STARS

This book left me feeling warm and happy. You know a book is good when you close your Kindle, hug it to your chest, and sigh. Angels Sing is the perfect holiday read!

Jamie works at Raven's Books and is raising his sister's daughter, Mia. He is a character you can relate to very easily. I really felt for him! All I wanted to do was wrap him up in soft blankets and give him all the nice things. Thankfully that's what Stanton also thought! Coach Stanton is in over his
Grace
I generally quite enjoy this author, but this book was a bit of a miss for me. It wasn't bad, and it was short enough (and my expectations based on other reviews) were low enough, that I wasn't too put off, but it just wasn't my cup of tea. Kid!fic is a hard sell for me, and I did think there was just too much focus on children and kids here, and not enough focus on the relationship. The angst was pretty weak and manufactured, I didn't 100% buy the connection between the character or care all ...more
Amy Dufera
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Angels Sing is a beautiful Christmas romance by Eli Easton.

In this sweet romance, a teacher falls in love with a student's father. Their relationship is one with an age gap and an opposites attract aspect. It includes a Christmas pageant, a bookstore, and an amazing mother, in addition to giving the reader all the holiday feels.

Jaime's an extraordinary character, full of strength and integrity. Honestly, he couldn't have been written any better. His gender bending ways are written well, and
Elle
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful Seasonal Tale.

This is a nice, feel good Christmas story. Ms Easton has done a great job creating the feel of community in this lovely tale. Jamie works for his uncle in his bookshop, and Stanton is a coach at the local elementary school. Once the two meet, l absolutely loved the banter and chemistry between the two.

It was a beautiful, sentimental read! I finished the book with a sigh, and I instantly wanted to pack my bags and head to Jamie's bookshop. It sounded just like my thing.
ButtonsMom2003
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: xd-assigned-read
All the feels, I was sobbing by the end - happy sobbing.

Angels Sing just about tore my heart out – but in a good way. This story has just the right amount of angst and all the feels you could want in a Christmas story. There are so many nods to It's a Wonderful Life in this book and I thought it was pretty wonderful to read.

Jamie gave up his dreams to be a father to Mia and he has no regrets. When he meets his daughter's temporary teacher, Stanton, they kind of throw sparks off of each other. I
Anabela.M.
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh,poor Stanton! I could just imagine him, so adorably terrified of a class full of six-years old kids,convinced that they could smell his fear. How can the poor man go from coaching fifth grade to teaching first grade? And he has to organize a Christmas pageant of all things. Him,who can't sing and doesn't have a clue what to do.

But all this mess has a good side. The best,really. Because that's how he meets Jamie and his daughter Mia.

And let me tell you, the way Eli Easton wrote their story is
Amy
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book really brings the holiday spirit!!! Stanton and Jamie are the opposite in every way. They come from different background, different upbringings yet they find so much in common, more than they know. Jamie has a a daughter, 1st grader Mia who he loves with all his heart and has put aside his dreams to raise her. Stanton a 5th grader gym teacher and coach find himself being ask to teach 1st grade for a short time as an emergency.

Oh by the way, Stanton has to get ready for the Christmas
LeeAnn
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jamie and Mia are an amazing duo. A duo that finds their perfect addition to their family. Jamie and Stanton's relationship builds slowly but not, if you see what I mean. The attraction they both feel for each other is obvious to us, the readers, not so much to them. They aren't sure the other is attracted or interested even. Silly boys! Soon enough though they figure things out and things finally got going.
The kids are adorable and the scenes with Uncle Billy and Amelia, Stanton's mom , we're
Sylvie
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lots of happy feels!

I always look forward to reading a new Eli Easton book, and her holiday books are always lovely and sweet.
Angels Sing features a single dad named Jamie Bailey, a first grade teacher named Stanton Potter, and a small Town in Oregon called Bedford Falls. Sound familiar? Like George Bailey in the movie, Jamie discovers that even though his life didn’t go according to plan, he still ended up with a Wonderful Life!
This book brought out all the good feels, even a happy tear or two,
Bb
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Wow this was tough to rank so low. Eli is an auto buy for me and her books are usually fantastic and she has some amazing series. I just could not get into this story. Neither guy was believable. Stanton's bisexuality felt off. His Mom's change did not feel real either. Jamie came across as someone to feel bad for instead of some heroic person. Who gives up a full scholarship to Harvard? Figure out a way to go and have the baby. Then without doing any homework on his choice he gives up a great ...more
R
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas, m-m, reviewed
Stanton has just been told he will be teaching six year olds. He’s a coach and PE teacher so this was not a welcome change. And oh yeah, he has to get them ready for a Christmas pageant. Then he meets Jamie, the father of one of his more precocious students, who offers to help with the pageant. It’s not too long before they are helping themselves to each other.

Sweet Christmas story loosely following “Its A Wonderful Life” with two men in the leading roles. Appealing characters, even the (would
Elle Kay
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I smiled while reading this. A lot. It’s just sweet and happy and full of Christmas-y goodness. Jamie and Mia stole my heart. And Stanton was so magnificently awkward. He constantly made me cringe-laugh.

Sure, there are challenges for the characters but this is low-angst; perfect for this chaotic time of year.

The backdrop is a bookstore. Most avid readers would agree that bookstores are their happy place. So that adds even more to the overall ambiance of the novel.

Overall, this is the perfect
AnnMarie
One of the things I look forward to each holiday season is the newest Eli Easton book and this year she definitely delivers with Angels Sing! This is a wonderful holiday story, bringing all the feels as the relationship between Jamie & Stanton develops. There is a bit of angst but that just makes the sweet parts that much sweeter. I loved the main couple but the side characters are awesome, especially Jamie’s daughter Mia. If you want a story to put you in the holiday frame of mind then this ...more
Christina Wade - BFD Book Blog
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved book one so much I read it and listened to it! This book can absolutely be read as a standalone, but I highly recommend reading book one. There aren’t even any characters carried over to this book.

This is a very quick, super cute read. It’s not as good or as well developed as book one but I still really liked it, predictability and all. I love both characters – Stanton maybe just a smidge more, although Jamie is pretty dang perfect.

I needed a fluffy read so this was a great start to my
Cathy Brockman
Sweet, fun, Holiday romance. I loved the characters. Each one was well done and believable. I loved Jamie and his appearance. There was just something about him I loved so much. and Spencer complimented him well. of course Mia stole the show!
I love Holiday stories and this hit the mark. It is fun, sweet, easy to read, fast-paced.
If you like sweet romance, holiday stories, hot teachers, bookstores, out and proud characters, femme characters, and an allover feel-good romance. this is for you.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Christmas Deal
  • A Boyfriend for Christmas
  • Mr. Right Now
  • Mr. Naughty List (Home for the Holidays, #2)
  • Hometown Christmas
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • Reindeer Games (Ace's Wild, #6)
  • Promise (Single Dads #3)
  • The Guy in the Window
  • Beautiful Temptation (So This Is Christmas #2)
  • Final Play (Fake Boyfriend #6)
  • Best Man (Close Proximity #1)
  • Fall Through Spring (Winter Ball, #3)
  • Claiming Marcus (Lords of Discord, #1)
  • Heart2Heart: A Charity Anthology, Volume 3
  • Tallowwood
  • A New Empire (Fog City, #3)
  • The Ghost of Ellwood (Ivy Grove, #1)
Having been, at various times and under different names, a minister’s daughter, a computer programmer, the author of paranormal mysteries, a game designer, an organic farmer, an avid hiker, and a profound sleeper, Eli is happily embarking on yet another incarnation as a m/m romance author.

As an addicted reader of such, she is tinkled pink when an author manages to combine literary merit, vast

Daddy Dearest (2 books)
  • Family Camp (Daddy Dearest, #1)