Start by marking “Tides of Passion” as Want to Read:
Tides of Passion

Tides of Passion

(Seaswept Seduction Series #2)

An Unconventional Woman
Spirited Savannah Conner is passionately committed to stamping out social injustice. Yet when she arrives in the seaside town of Pilot Isle, North Carolina, ready to take up a new cause, she quickly finds herself on the outs with the town constable. Zachariah Garrett is the most arrogant, infuriating, maddeningly attractive man it's ever been her
Published November 2019 (first published July 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Tides of Passion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tides of Passion

Start your review of Tides of Passion
RedRedtheycallmeRed
I read the first book in this series 8 year ago, so it was nice catching up with Elle and Noah from that book. While Elle is off finishing college, her friend Savannah takes over teaching at the girls school Elle founded. Small town island life in North Carolina is a far cry from NYC, and Savannah comes in like a hurricane. She's an ardent supporter of women's rights: the right to vote, equal pay, job opportunities for women, and of course that goes over well with the men in town.

Zach is the
Lori D
North Carolina 1898
"Savannah knew she was in trouble a split second before he reached her. Flinging her fist into the air, she stared him down as she shouted, "Fight for your rights, women of Pilot Isle.""
Constable Zachariah Garrett just wanted peace in his town and he went head to head with Savannah for inciting discord. To say their banter was fascinating is putting it mildly. Zach had such grief surrounding him from the loss of his wife, although he did have his son. He did not want to deal
InD'tale Magazine
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
The performance Ms. Wetherell gives is one full of excitement! It is clear she is connected with the story with every word she reads.

Read full review in the 2020 April issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Kaya Holt
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Southern, sizzling, and surprising! Lost myself in this incredible book. Set in a Southern coastal town, I love the strong women and influence of the women's rights movement. Would highly recommend!
Space Cowgirl
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Suffering💕 The Suffragette💃💋

ADULT Historical American Romance💕
Pilot Island, South Carolina, 1898

Savannah Connor💃💋, a yankee social reformer, is an outsider to Pilot Isle, and is there to organize the working women at the oyster factory to fight for their rights. Unfortunately, she is stopped right in the middle of her soapbox spiel by Zachariah Garrett🐺🍆⛲, the town constable. Fortunately for Savannah, Zach🐺🍆⛲ is a tall, lean hipped, handsome hunk of a man, and a widower with a young son.

Zach🐺🍆⛲
Rachelle Ayala
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Absolutely passionate. When headstrong Savannah Connor, activist from New York, meets Zach Garrett, the constable and keeper of peace in Pilot Isle, trouble brews and sparks fly. Savannah is a liberated woman, determined to keep herself independent from any man's control whereas Zach is a wounded widower determined to never love or marry again.

When the two decide on a friends with benefits arrangement, neither is prepared for the depth and strength of their hidden desires. Always with their
Katie
Duration: 10 hts 53 mins.
Publisher: Tracy Sumner.
🔥Steamy content!🔥

Tides of Passion, Garrett Brothers, Book 2 by Tracy Sumner follows spirited suffragette Savannah Connor to a small Southern coastal town, where she immediately locks horns with the devastatingly-handsome local Constable, widower Zachariah Garrett. An enemies-to-lovers romance, this audiobook proves that sparks often fly when two world collide.

Set in North Carolina in 1898, Tides of Passion is a steamy American historical romance
Pat Allen
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An Independent Woman

Savannah was new in town. She arrived to fight for women's rights. This was unheard of. The Constable was called to settle the riot she had started because women were being paid half of what men were paid for the same work. He tried to apprehend her but found her wilful and headstrong and ready to fight. He took her to the jailhouse where his office was to stop the riot. However, he was very attracted to her despite what a handful she was. Her own father had disowned her. The
Kaye
ONE EXCELLENT ADVENTURE!!!
Move 'em out! Tracy bestows all the sensual, sexy, heat and magic, mixing it up and laying it out with such perfection, fervor, ingenuity and a unique insight for detail, welding this gem together sleek, shiny and tight. Sparks fly as drama, intrigue, misgivings, confusion and sticky situations along with a boatload of humor while dodging calamity, you have one block busting adventure. A tumultuous wild ride full of fevrent events and surprising circumstances, blow this
Andrea Stoeckel
"You have to make a leap. Both of you. Love is a grand leap off a cliff without anything to soften the fall"

Savannah Conner from New York City is is a passionate justice seeker and suffragette recently come to Pilot Isle North Carolina to teach women to stand up for themselves. Zachariah Garrett, widowed for 2 years is the Constable of the tiny town where he keeps the peace, saves the stranded, and cares for and about his son and brothers . However, his guilt over his first wife is literally a
Brenda
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This historical title is situated in the late 19th century along the coast of North Carolina. It is a very well written romance between a women's rights activist of the times and a local constable.
The heat is almost immediate between these two characters.
Zach is a widower with a young son. Savannah is from New York and an oddity in this North Carolina coastal town.
With her commitment to stamping out social injustice. Yet when she arrives in Pilot Isle, North Carolina, ready to take up a new
Emily Pennington
Shelves: reviewed
Set in 1898 in North Carolina, we meet Savannah Connor, an over-the-top supporter of a woman's right to work, to vote, to be paid fairly, and all of those things we may take for granted now. She comes out of New York to the quiet seaside town of Pilot Isle, North Carolina, and her spirited efforts to spread the enlightenment do not go over well with the male portion of the easy-going locals, although the women were in complete agreement. Zachariah Garrett is the local constable who takes his job ...more
Chiquita  Bee
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Winning Historical Romance

I hadnt been a fan of historical romances until I read Tracy Sumners. If they are all as good as Tides of Love and Tides of Passion, sign me up. I was absolutely mesmerized by the storyline of tides of Passion. Savannah, a freedom fighter and rally organizer is in North Carolina to help with her friend Elles school while Elle finishing her last year in college. Elles brother in law, Zach a widower and father who has avowed to never marry again is sent to collect
Catherine
I am embarrassed to admit that I didnt initially realize that this was a Historical Romance. The cover screamed contemporary to me and although the book summary mentioned that the heroine, Savannah, was a reformer, that didnt strike me as impossible for a modern woman. Added, to that, the writing and dialogue seemed modern. I somehow completely missed the date on the first page--I must be blind!--and found myself more and more perplexed by the attitudes expressed toward Savannahs determination ...more
Rosemary Hughes
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She fought for equal rights and better conditions, especially for women who couldn't fight for themselves.
He was a small town sheriff, one that believed in every person's right to a fair treatment, no matter where in the social structure of society they stood.
They clashed, right from the beginning, but there again, there was that attraction, each felt, and could acknowledge. However, was it something that they could act on, was the big question.
A story of one love lost and a man that has been
Zena
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this author's sense of humour! Not only that, but she writes well and knows how to tell a great story.
The two main characters in this story, Savannah and Constable Zachariah Garrett actually sizzle on the pages! What a hellion she is and he is such a cool, level headed man except when passion takes over.
I'm so happy to have read this story and because I've enjoyed it so much am recommending it to you as worth the while to read! Well done, Tracy!
I read an Advance Reader Copy (ARC) and my
Sandy
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic tale.
From the first page, I loved Savannah Conner what a sassy justice fighter she is great. Zachariah Garrett, I almost felt sorry for him he will have his hands full with Savannah. This was such fun to read with cat and dog fights yet there is the heat in private. I am so glad I gave myself time to read this book in one day because I could not have put it down for long I was so hooked. This is one I am so pleased I have in my library I know this is one book I will re-read over and
Jeanne Johnston
I had low expectations as I started this. Didn't care for Savannah at all.

Then the sparks started flying. The whole negotiation thing. Pages and chapters of foreplay. Pretty delicious.

Of course, people failing to communicate secrets so assumptions become the biggest obstacles is a pet peeve, and there was plenty of that here. As expected, it all worked out well.

Glad I didn't bail when I first pondered it because this gre on me soon after.
Athena Mae Rupas
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm normally not into historical romance books but I liked the concept...A New York women's rights work goes to North Carolina's outer banks and sparks begin to fly. I found the characters of Savannah Connor and Zach Garrett to be fun, feisty and the story fun and interesting. All in all, I highly recommend giving this book a chance!

Suzanne Irving
Mar 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love stories like this where two people who from the outside look like total opposites who do nothing but strike sparks off each other in the beginning. Then gradually they find they are more and more attracted to each other and then the sparks become of a far different type. Loads of fun to read and as well written as all of Tracy Summers books are.

Alyssa Haas
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
After reading the first book in this series I DREADED reading the second. However I was pleasantly surprised with how well this book was written. The story was wonderful and captivating. I loved the characters and I absolutely adored the relationship between Savannah and Zach. The romance scenes were steamy and the story (although predictable) was very charming.
Sherry Westendorf
Two opposites who have a big attraction to each other. She is a feisty and determined woman and he is a strong male alpha. Add in their situation and you have a exciting, lively, emotional and so much more story. I need to read book 1 though. I was given a review copy by hidden gems and voluntarily review it.
Barbara
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The second book in the Garrett Brothers series a well written story with a great storyline that kept me turning pages. Savannah Connor goes to Pilot Isle, North Carolina where she finds herself in trouble with Constable Zachariah Garrett. This story has two people fighting against their feelings and a misunderstanding that will have them parting. I enjoyed seeing this story come together.
Kim
Mar 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I liked this book. It was surprising unique and entertaining. I gave it four though because at the beginning it seemed like our little, firecracker, suffragate Savannah, was trying way to hard. It actually caused me not to like her for awhile.

Yes, I am a fan of the Oxford comma, and yes, I am tired of being quarantined. I did enjoy the book though.
Anita B
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tides of Passion (Seaswept Seduction/ZACH Book 2)

A really great romance. It grabs your interest from page one and doesn't let go. Sparks fly when a New York women's rights worker comes to North Carolina's outer banks!
Kathy
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book with a strong heroine and strong but sensitive hero! Very enjoyable read:)
Julie ambrose
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable read

Loved the characters they are fun and feisty . I enjoyed how the story drew you in to there fun and arguments. 😊and of course a Happy ending
Pat
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
The storyline was well written and the characters were so well created that I was totally captivated throughout the entire book!
Nate
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed Zach & Savannah's story. It was quite an intriguing book for me. I'm voluntarily leaving my honest review for a copy of the book via Hidden gem.
Cocktails and Books
When I read Tides of Love I didn't think there was anything more to Constable Zach Garrett than what we saw. Come to find out, he's not a man you can take at face value.

His wife died two years prior, leaving him to raise their small son and stew in the guilt that he wasn't able to save her or their unborn child. He's decided that he will never marry again and he won't have any more children, because that is the only way he can protect himself. So he goes along with his days, keeping the good

• Once Upon a Duke (12 Dukes of Christmas #1)
  • Tempting His Mistress
  • To Madden a Marquess (Lords of London #2)
  • His Stolen Bride (Stolen Brides, #0.5)
  • The Weaver Takes a Wife (Weaver, #1)
  • Oath (Lords of Action, #3)
  • A Slight Indiscretion (Rogues & Gentlemen #12)
  • The Earl and His Lady (Branches of Love #4)
  • Hannah's Duke (The Heir and a Spare #4)
  • Saved by the Scoundrel (Smithfield Market Regency Romance #2)
  • To Walk in the Sun
  • The Substitute Wife (Brides of Little Creede Book 1)
  • The Duke Who Knew Too Much (Heart of Enquiry, #1)
  • Challenging A Rake (A Rake's Redemption Book 4)
  • The Scoundrel and the Socialite (The Somerton Scandals #2)
  • Condemned & Admired - The Earl's Cunning Wife (Love's Second Chance #9)
  • The Dashing Widow (Regency Romps, #1)
  • The Enchanting of an Earl (The Scandalous Spinsters, #5)
Tracys story telling career began when she picked up a copy of LaVyrle Spencers Vows on a college beach trip. A journalism degree and a thousand romance novels later, she decided to try her hand at writing a southern version of the perfect love story. With a great deal of luck and more than a bit of perseverance, she sold her first novel to Kensington Publishing.

When not writing sensual stories

Seaswept Seduction Series (3 books)
  • Tides of Love (Seaswept Seduction/Book One: Noah)
  • Tides of Desire: A Christmas Romance (Garrett Brothers Book 3)

Related Articles

“Yes. Kissing. Overrated."

"I could change your mind," Zach said, surprising the hell out of them both. Why would he take something as simple as this banter as a challenge? "I don't know that I want to, but I feel right sure I could."

"How arrogant. How typically male."

"I suppose." He shrugged and reached for the wine bottle. "More?"

She nodded, frowning now. "How do you know you could change my mind? It's been a long time since you... well—"

"Over two years." The pain was there, an ache in his chest he imagined he would feel every time he thought of Hannah.

And he thought of her every day. Dreamed of her about as often. But lately, maybe only in the past week, he'd begun to realize that his life had not ended with his wife's.

He either had to die or start living again.”
6 likes
“Are you willing?"

Through the shadows, he found her gleaming eyes, her slightly curved mouth. "No, it's too reckless. Too irresponsible."

"You're sounding like a father. Or a constable, Constable."

"I'm both, Miss Connor."

He watched her lips tilt and flow into a glorious smile. "Rory's in bed, safe and sound. Most of the town is in bed, safe and sound. And you're here, with a pragmatic woman who can take care of herself. Two adults and one magnificent challenge."

"More like a dare," he said and drained his glass.

She took a step closer, until her skirt brushed his knee. "Call it a dare if you like."

"No." His resolve slipped a notch when she crouched before him, the pleasing angles of her face flooding into view. She was much, much too tempting.

"I'll do it all. You don't have to participate. That should be enough to prove my case."

"I wasn't serious when I said that. I'm sure you're not, hell, frigid."

She leaned in, her hands sliding along the arms of the chair, her face fading out of view as it closed in on his.

A scent, provocative and earthy, stole in with his stuttered breath. "You see, Constable, I'm always serious." He watched her moisten her lips, so near he could almost taste her. "Close your eyes. I've heard that's the way it's done.”
1 likes