Start by marking “A Laboring Hand (Reflections #2)” as Want to Read:
A Laboring Hand (Reflections #2)

A Laboring Hand (Reflections #2)

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  4 ratings  ·  6 reviews
A Life of Sacrifice and Love
Martha was never meant to be the head of her household, but a plague left her as the main caretaker for her piecemeal family. She is too busy juggling responsibilities to worry about her siblings Lazarus and Mary’s expectations that Yeshua of Nazareth is Messiah.
Then she meets Yeshua face to face. A single look from him and Martha’s heart knows
Published January 14th 2020 by InkSpired

To ask other readers questions about A Laboring Hand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Laboring Hand

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of A Laboring Hand (Reflections #2)
M
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story of Martha, and by association with her, Mary and Lazarus I found particularly interesting as I have always found their story in the Bible of interest anyway, and this is a well-researched expansion of the bits of detail about them in the Bible. The author makes clear it is fictionalized, and also not preaching, but it does provide at lot of room for thought about the people and their lives, and I found it an enjoyable read which definitely held my interest. I think I would have been ...more
Naomi
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 things from A Laboring Hand
1) a look at Jesus’s life through the eyes of Martha of Bethany
2) when you’ve carried the load of head of the house so long it’s good when your brother takes over his rightful place... right?
3) serving can also be an act of worship
4) mourning turned into joy and surrender
5) the work of God can change a seemingly unchangeable heart

Such a delightful biblical novelization! As a worker by nature, I was challenged by Martha’s situation and her desire to submit to the
Diana Lynn
A Laboring Hand: Reflections: Book 2
By Sharon Hughson
I like the way the author showed us, Martha. She is a person who gets things done. She doesn’t shy away from work and feels like others should be as she is. It is because she has let others down in the past, she will not let it happen age.
Martha is a woman who has had to face being the head of her family when it isn’t a role given to the women of their time. She shoulders so many responsibilities that she did not know how to just be. She did
Betty Reynolds
I enjoyed this beautifully written book about Martha, Mary and Lazarus. Jesus met each of the siblings' needs in unique ways. Martha was given understanding, Mary was given a chance to worship and Lazarus was given a life like he had not had before. I loved the way the book brought Jesus' own brother into the story! But I won't give away the surprise.
We as women often serve dual roles as Martha and Mary, and this book warmed my heart.
I received a copy of this book from the author and my review
Norma
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever wanted to step into the Holy Land at the time of Christ.
I LOVE how she brings this story to live. Our times are so different that it is hard to understand the culture & mindset of a different time. I felt this story was well researched, & well written story bringing life to family that we have heard of but maybe not known enough about.
I received an early release copy of this book from the author but chose to give others my opinion of it.
Jan
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biblical-fiction
I love this novel written from the point of view of Martha. Her relationship with Lazarus and her sister Mary. It gives some insight into her personality and drive and what events helped to make her who she was. I could relate to her and feel her insecurities and strength.

I received an advanced copy. My opinion is my own
Melissa Benham
Jan 30, 2020
Gloria Neves
is currently reading it
Feb 06, 2020

• The Cowboy's Secret Romance (Sweet Water Ranch)
  • The Cowboy's Fairy Tale (Sweet Water Ranch #6)
  • Lawfully Heroic: Inspirational K9 Contemporary (A Military Police Lawkeeper Romance)
  • Falling for the Younger Cowboy (Sage Valley Ranch #2)
  • Angel Gate
  • Quest for Love (The Sisters of Rosefield #2)
  • Delicate Balance (The Blair Brothers, #1)
  • A Bride for Abel (The Proxy Brides, #4)
  • A Cardinal Christmas (Christmas Holiday Extravaganza)
  • Charmed by the Daring Cowboy (Sage Valley Ranch Book 4)
  • Gunsmoke Marshal
  • How to Handle a Cowboy (Cowboys of Decker Ranch, #1)
  • The Cowboy Next Door (Once Upon a Western, #3)
  • Cowboys Don't Marry Their Best Friend (Sweet Water Ranch #1)
  • The Cowboy's Marriage Mistake (Sweet Water Ranch Western Cowboy Romance)
  • The Protective One (Walnut Creek #3)
  • Cowboy Christmas (Wild West Weddings, #1)
  • The Clause in Christmas (A Poppy Creek Novel, #1)
Even as a child, Sharon created worlds where life might pose challenges but where unlikely heroes wielded magic for the good of all. In the end, ordinary people won the battle against darkness.

She did grown up things like graduate high school and college, get married and have kids. But she never strayed too far from the door into the mystical realms of story.

Once she had children of her own, they