Start by marking “The Hunted” as Want to Read:
The Hunted

The Hunted

(9ine Realms)

Let the hunt begin

After witnessing the murder of his mother by a mermaid, Prince Eryx Bloodhurst of Atlas makes a deal to sedate his need for vengeance: theyll catch the mermaid who did the deed, but hell pay for it with his crown.

Published January 6th 2020 by Bethany-Kris (first published December 29th 2019)

Start your review of The Hunted
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
hunted 4
hunted 3

First experience with this particular author and got to say The Hunted was bloody fantastic from start to finish.
I read this in one sitting and it managed to enthral me so completely, I was captivated from the second I started this.
Genre-wise this is a fantasy fairy-tale retelling loosely based on the little mermaid but with a much edgier vibe, this is definitely not the Disney version.
Set in a fantasy world where Mermaids are real this is the story of Eryx and Arelle both royalty in their own
Bev
I am so torn with my rating on this one. I loved the world building, the authors imagination is brilliant and had me totally engrossed and not once was I bored. BUT, and its a big but, this superb world building totally took away from the fantastic character development that I love and have come to expect from BK, and didnt get here. Ive always said I love the way her characters love, this time I didnt get that with Eryx and Arelle, that was all side-swiped with everything else going on, despite ...more
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️
4 "Find me, my little mermaid " stars

I was surprised when I have heard that Bethany-Kris started a fantasy series and eager to read it. She is a to-go author for me when it comes to mafia books and I loved her writing style in previous reads.

The world she created is truly harsh and unforgivable for mermaids and their kind. They are hunted by the humans for their blood and for breeding purposes, living their number very low.
Arelle is a princess of the Blu sea , the 3rd in line to the throne,
Julia ☀

I don't understand why there aren't more mermaid stories! I freaking love them whenever I get the chance to pick one up.

The Hunted by Bethany-Kris was a dark retelling of The Little Mermaid and lets just say Bethany-Kris NAILED IT!

I really hope she writes another book in this world because while there was an ending it was definitely a HFN ending vs. a HEA ending.
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
HAPPY NEW YEAR!! 🥂🥂
I hope everyone is celebrating happily and safely! ❤
And what better way to ring in the new year than with a spectacular 5-star read!!

When I'm looking for a great mafia romance read, I know just who to turn to. Bethany-Kris is one of the finest minds to ever write a romance story that could completely captivate me. So when I found out that she was trying something new, something extraordinary, I dove right in with some pretty high expectations... and she met every single one!
Birjis
Melanie (mells_view)
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bethany-Kris
Nov 01, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Live in KU!

Buy Now | https://www.bethanykris.com/thehunted...

Let the hunt begin

Arelle, third princess of the Blu Sea, has never known the true cruelty of the forbidden lands firsthand, but she will soon. The halfling prince with murder in his eyes and the seas songs in his blood will
Nenia ✨️ Socially Awkward Trash Panda ✨️ Campbell
DARK LITTLE MERMAID RETELLING?

I'd make a deal with Ursula for that shit
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
description

Imaginative, engaging and so good.

I was really interested to see how this author was going to reimagine one of the classic tales. Not only did she recreate the original story from the past but she also created an entirely new world around it. Set in the sea and on land, there are other nine realms that have yet to be explored.

Princess Arelle is the third daughter to the King of the Blu Sea. She is promised to someone from a different realm. She somehow manages to get into trouble, not just
Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Blogger✦
3.5 STARS!

Lies. Betrayal. Suspense.

The Hunted by Bethany-Kris was a mildly dark retelling of The Little Mermaid. This book is the introduction to 9INE REALMS, a series of dark fairytale retellings written by different authors.

Arelle is princess of the Blu Sea. After a series of events, Arelle is the next in line to rule and must marry to unite the kingdoms but there's a problem... Prince Eryx is the heir to the Atlas Kingdom. After the death of his mother, Eryx seeks vengeance to kill the
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
4.5 9ine Realms Begin Stars

I love The Little Mermaid.......no matter the format, I love it. When I read that this author was delving into its retailing, I was super excited to learn that The Hunted was going to be the darker, sinister, sexier version of The Little Mermaid.

I must admit that I love the dark side of things and this story definitely rated high in dark. Arelle is the princess of the Blu Sea and Eryx is the Prince of Atlas. The people of Atlas hunt the merpeople for and when Eryx
Nerdread
May 21, 2020 rated it it was ok
I read this book in one sitting yet I was left dissatisfied. I like the story enough but the ending was too loose. I also wasn't found of the male love interest. He's too complacent, rude, passive and unfit to lead anything. He was detached from everything around him and that hindered his growth and character development. So many unanswered questions!

To be honest, I like the idea, potential and twisted take on the little mermaid story but in the end it fell flat.
A Klue
Based on the cover and synopsis, Im pretty sure, my fellow romance book loving friends, you have already figured out this storyline centers around a dark, enemies to lovers, retake on a mermaid type tale. Once again, I have to hand it to the author for surprising me with several twists/turns I didnt expect that cleverly introduced then tied together multiple characters, their complicated pasts, destined futures, and a long list of transgressions and emotions. Go figure how she can make a ...more
Erika ♥OwlwaysReading♥
Have you ever wondered how mermaids have babies? 🤔
Yeah...
Me 2! 😆
Maybe this DARK, ADULT, FANTASY ROMANCE will fill us in.

OR

Maybe not. Still LOVE mermaids though 😍

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
This dark and twisted tale has become my favorite retellings of the Little Mermaid. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the Little Mermaid but, my oh my, The Hunted has lured me in.
"Eryx needed the mermaid to die.
Or Gods above ... she would kill him."

Arelle is the third princess of the Blu Sea. Mermaid. Sister. And now, prey of Prince Eryx Blood Hurst of Atlas. The merpeople stay away from the land. They are hunted and kept as slaves or worse. A chance encounter that leads to a tragedy has
Michelle [Helen Geek]
January 2020 -- 4 Stars

Well, I really wasn't sure what to expect. I don't read a fantasy like book from just anyone. This isn't my go to genre, so was apprehensive. I shouldn't have been. Bethany-Kris can write anything. a nice change of pace. Give this book and author a try. I hope you are as pleased as I.

Happy Reading!
⏃ : ✦ villainous_vixen ⏃ : ✦
*** 3.5 Let The Hunt Begin Stars ***

Hunted by Bethany Kris is an enchanting retelling of The Little Mermaid. Prince Eryx is the sole heir to the Atlas kingdom. After his mother is brutally murdered he is on a quest for vengeance. Eryx is out for blood, and will do whatever it takes to hunt the mermaid who murdered his mother. As the story progresses Eryx finds out that everything he knew was a lie. . .

Theyll know its already been done. Ive already mated.

Arelle is of royal blood. Next in
Ari Reavis
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You know a book is amazing when you dream about it. When you can't go to sleep because you're trying to figure out how you're ever going to find the words to explain how much you loved it. And then when you do close your eyes, your mind is filled with visions of a mermaid, calls across the sea, and a smirking prince.

Because I love everything else I've read from this author, I already expected greatness. But BK took my expectations and blew them out of the water with this one. I fell in love
Melliane
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5/5

Mon avis en Français

My English review

This is a series by Bethany-Kris and after discovering her mafia novels, I must say I was really intrigued to discover her in another genre. And how could I resist a retelling story, especially one of The Little Mermaid? I couldnt!

Arelle has always been intrigued by the world, a world she has no right to discover. But when her sister takes her much further than they are allowed, and they stop the suffering of a captive mermaid who asks to be killed, they
Athena D.
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 STARS

WOW...I shouldn't be surprised that I've fallen in love with another of Bethany-Kris' worlds!

I loved her rendition of the classic fairy tale, The Little Mermaid. It's definitely not a hearts and flowers kind of story, but still an utterly addicting read. Arelle and Eryx are an odd couple considering one is hunting the other, yet the chemistry they share is intense.

I am eagerly awaiting more from the 9INE REALMS. The Hunted by Bethany-Kris is an EPIC read that will absolutely join
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
27034655-SX540-png

This book is a hard review to write. I absolutely loved this story, BUT as with all retelling of fairytales, it is the difference of this story that makes the review hard to write, because I do not want to give anything away. Bethany-Kris did a wonderful job of bringing different twists and turns to The Hunted that makes you want to keep reading this story.

Prince Eryx Bloodhurst is a complicated character that you learn to love and hate at the same time. The life that he leads and has grown up
Ola Adamska
Jan 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2020
The First read of 2020! And it was on the boiler side!
The Hunted is A book that opens a new world to us - with a lot of authors writing a story in it.
The Little Mermaid, everyone knows it. Yet we get something completely different and with chances to be really epic, as it had everything! I feel like something was lost in the middle of The read where I felt like The few last places were for.
Arelle is A mermaid princess that can be called a free spirit a little, and she is in line to the throne,
Jessica Robbins
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-kindle, blog-tour

Throw everything you know about the Little Mermaid out the window before reading this as it is nowhere close to the Disney version. Eryx is a mix of two worlds raised by the land walkers following his horrid fathers rules. Arelle is a mermaid raised underwater by her equally horrible father (notice a theme here?). Raised to hate one another things get really interesting when their two worlds collide. A
Tori - Novel Life
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I had the privilege to read this one a while ago and after reading it I couldnt find the exact words to review it. I dont really think there are words that could describe what this book is. Amazing. Brilliant. Mind blowing. BK has been one of my favorite authors for... I dont know... 5 years now? 6 maybe? And I never get tired of her writing.

Every book is something different. But this book? This was everything I would hope it would be. I read this book again this weekend and words cannot
Sally Mieske
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A new year, a new author a new book! The Hunted is a darker, edgier retelling of the The Little Mermaid with a twist. I have so many mixed emotions about this book but I can tell you that I loved it! Its told in third person with multiple POV.

I love to hate Prince Eryx for all of his actions. But I adore Arelle. She is just so sweet. She puts everyones needs above her own. The exact opposite of Eryx. I just wanted to wring his neck for most of this book!

As far as retellings go, this is one of
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
This is so not my kinda read so I surprised myself by absolutely loving it. I loved The Little Mermaid so I couldnt resist trying this..Im so glad I did. This is a brilliantly written retelling of the classic fairytale. The author sucked me in completely, so much so that I didnt realise I was reading a genre that I normally stay clear of. I absolutely loved Arelle and Eryx. This is a fabulous read...under the sea. Cant believe I enjoyed this genre as much as I did. It goes to show some authors ...more
K.
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"I gave you certainty-- you're mine."

The Hunted.
Yeah, this book coming to an end, and waiting for book two is officially now hunting me. The details, the characters, the twists, and angst had me devouring this book in no time. There's only so much I can say without giving any spoilers, but there sure is magic in this book!

I couldn't get enough of Eryx, I seriously just wanted more and more.
Arelle, wow, I loved her character, she was strong and held her own even under the circumstances she
Julia
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book... I think for me it was the most difficult book to review. I read it, closed it and then started reading again! It left me SPEECHLESS. I couldnt believe that it was by my favorite writer Bethany-Kris. But it was. And it is brilliant, fantastic and its a real masterpiece.
Ive never been the fan of a The Little Mermaid. Even Disney cartoon is not for me. But this book made me to look at the mermaid differently. Her feelings, her being unloved daughter and a lot of other little facts made
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Siren
  • Insolent
  • Legend
  • Mirage
  • Madness
  • Winter's Arrow (X-Clan, #2)
  • Cold Queen
  • Finding What's Mine: Hound Search & Rescue Book 2
  • Valeria en blanco y negro
  • Thief of Dreams (Court of Dreams, #0.5)
  • So, That Got Weird (So Far, So Good, #1)
  • Venom (Rosewood Realm #1)
  • Destiny's Path (The Swan River Saga)
  • Heart Thief
  • Lullaby Road
  • Sacrifice
  • Stolen by the Fae (Fae's Claim #1)
  • Red Alert (NYPD Red, #5)
Bethany-Kris is a Canadian author, lover of much, and mother to four young sons, one cat, and three dogs. A small town in Eastern Canada where she was born and raised is where she has always called home. With her boys under her feet, snuggling cat, barking dogs, and a hubby calling over his shoulder, she is nearly always writing something ... when she can find the time.

To keep up-to-date with new

News & Interviews