Start by marking “Lace and Lies (Brooklyn Brothers #1)” as Want to Read:
Lace and Lies (Brooklyn Brothers #1)

Lace and Lies

(Brooklyn Brothers #1)

We are the Rossetti’s.
The exiled “sixth family” of the New York mafia. We’re the good guys.
People don’t fear us…much. They respect us.
The five of us? We’re the Brooklyn Brothers.
And we protect what’s ours.

Jasmine Kingston should run from me. I mean, she should literally pick up her dress, toss away her heels, and haul ass in the complete opposite direction. Because for the
Published January 21st 2020

To ask other readers questions about Lace and Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lace and Lies

Start your review of Lace and Lies (Brooklyn Brothers #1)
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Jasmine has just had a slight wardrobe malfunction at her fashion show when she is offered some help by a gorgeous good Samaritan. Cris isn't just a helpful guy, though. No, he wants something from her. Or should I say he wants HER.

He has a tiny little secret (secrets) that he doesn't want her finding out, though, because if she does...let's just say it won't go over well at all.

I have to admit that Lace and Lies turned out to not quite be what I was expecting. In some ways it was - Cris is
Faith89
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-review
Cris is all things alpha. Dirty talking, domineering and loves with all he has. When he first sees Jasmine, he is all in. He is insanely jealous and a little bit of a stalker.She has no idea, the lengths he will go through to make her happy and his. He will agree to a just benefits relationship just to spend time with her. Cris is holding many secrets. As each one is revealed, Jasmine learns things she is not sure she can deal with. Secrets, lies, mafia ties and danger surround this couple. ...more
Tammy
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a great start to a new series. Cris and his family have connections to the mafia but when he sees Jasmine, sparks fly. His family’s enemies are getting closer and what will happen if they learn his weakness. Fast-paced read with lots of drama and plenty of steam. The chemistry is steamy, and the story is entertaining. A good read.
Coco.V
Jan 13, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc
ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. ...more
Sharon
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
In true Melanie Munton fashion, she creates a delightful and sexy contemporary romance with a bit of suspense between two very strong, independent and unsuspecting characters.

A very hot, sexy and wealthy financial tycoon has plans for an up-and-coming fashion designer who is unaware of just how far he will go to win her over.

The Rosettis are the exiled and respected sixth family of the New York mafia, and the rich and powerful Christiano “Cris” Rosetti has got it bad. The moment he sees Jasmine
Joyffree
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-tbr
Munton brought a whole new twist to "no longer mafia" mafia romance
It's not as complicated as it sounds, promise.

I was trying to figure out what exactly Cris had done that he was so afraid of Jasmine discovering.
When it was revealed... Yeah, he had every reason to be concerned. Stalker much?
Cris is a bit blind(?) to the realities of proper world etiquette. A nice way of saying he takes what he wants and does not think about the consequences of his action or how the affected party might feel.
Ashley Jasper
Romantic suspense
New to me author
Mafia ties
Set in my city
Sign me up! Lace and Lies ticks the boxes of all the things I like to read and I was into it from the start.

I won't lie. It took me a hot minute to warm up to Cris. It almost seemed as if he was into Jasmine for less than pure reasons, but it didn't take long for that notion to go out the window. I loved the way he was with her. Patient and generous while still pushing her for more. More of her time, more of her heart.

Jasmine was no
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
Really enjoyed the introduction to the Brooklyn Brothers series and can't wait to see what lies ahead for the Rossetti family!

This was a great introduction to this series and it had me intrigued. This family isn't in the mafia but they aren't scared to do what it takes against the mafia to protect their family and the innocent. They are a wonderful family and highly entertaining.

Jasmine's life is suddenly going where she wants it and she has no time for anything outside of her fashion line but
Jennifer Pierson
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lace and Lies was a story that intrigued me a great deal, and Melanie Munton's writing style was addictive even when I wished there was a bit more on the suspense side since it's supposed to Mafia. Anyway, Cris' family does have ties to the mafia, and he's quite the alpha male which always gets me since I'm such an alpha female, and need a strong man to withstand me. However, when it came to him wanting Jasmine, there were moments when I seriously wanted to choke him out. He had some jealousy ...more
MrsMascara
Jan 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Perfectly competent contemporary that ticks all the genre boxes, tall dark handsome hero, Cristiano is a rich, self made man, with a large Italian family with connections to the mafia, and all the fighting skills to handle himself. He spots Jasmine at a friends wedding, and is instantly smitten/ obsessed with her. He plots and plans and gets secretly involved in her plans to move to NYC and make it as a fashion designer, and secretly bankrolls/smoothies her way.

When they finally meet face to
Samantha
Feb 17, 2020 rated it liked it
This starts is a decent mafia romance. I found myself a bit conflicted as the world that the author tried to build when it came to the "six families" of the NY mafia scene. It was a bit interesting that Cris and his families are removed and considered themselves the good guys.

The readers are first introduced to Jasmine and Cris at her fashion show. Cris doesn't hide the fact that he is interested in her. She is not looking for anything romantic. They are thrown together again at a dinner with
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Lace and Lies by Melanie Munton is book One in the Brooklyn Brothers Series. This is the story of Cristiano 'Cris' and Jasmine. This series starts the stories of the Brooklyn Bothers who just by this book I can't wait to read more of the brother's stories with their large Italian family that happens to have connections with the mafia. Cris happens to see Jasmine at a wedding and of course he is taken with her and starts to lightly stalk her while working to get involved with her life and her ...more
Helena#bookdreamer
Thank you netgalley for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
This was a decent "mafia" romance. Jasmine is an up and coming designer not looking for love when she meets the enigmatic, intense Chris. Their sexual chemistry is through the rough as Jasmine gives into their mutual attraction. I loved that Chris respect her work and lets her call on the shots on how far she wants to take things. I wasn't crazy about his random jealous outbursts but he cools down once she puts him in
Denise Van plew
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was the first time in coming across this author with the story content blip I read tempting me to venture in. The Brooklyn Brothers I fear are going to own me by the time I am done with this one with having to get my hands on the others when they come out. When something becomes a obsession you go for it sooner or later. Cris will be the one out for Jasmine then it really took over you are helpless until you see how this unfolds. His mindset is a bit like you think for his background. She ...more
Cassie Ashford
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
We had no idea the depths Cris had and would go to in this story to make Jaz his. Jaz thought they just happened to have some friends in common but it turns out to be so much more and it destroys her trust in Cris when she finds out.

Cris has had his sight set on Jaz from the first moment he saw her. When was that moment? Well you will have to read this book to find out. Just know Cris goes above and beyond anything that is reasonable when it comes to the woman he has claimed.

They steam up the
Linda Romer
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
I loved Lace and Lies. The Brooklyn Brothers is an amazing series. Plenty of action in love and war. I love the premise of the series. The Mafia's exiled sixth family the Rossetti's are an interesting bunch, I'm looking forward to getting to know more about them. This story featured Cristiano Rossetti, swoon. I enjoyed Jasmine, Cris's love interest. My favorite part was the explosive ending and I cant wait to read book #2 Scars and Sins.

I give Lace and Lies 5 stars for its exciting read.
I would
Ann
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lace and Lies
By Melanie Munton
Main Characters: Jasmine and Cristiano
I voluntarily and honestly reviewed this book without bias or persuasion from the author.
4 out of 5 stars
I really liked this book. I do not usually read mafia-type books but this story was more about the relationship between Jasmine and Chris. Chris was a pretty macho, alpha character. I would love to read more by this author. This was a contemporary romance with a HEA ending.
Tammy
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Holy this was an intense read! This is my first time reading from this author and there is no way it'll be my last. I LOVED every page, this book had it all, mystery, love, steamy sexy times, and a hint of danger lurking. Jasmin was one tough girl, and Cristiano was holy one super hot alpha. This book pulled me right into the story on the first chapter, and I couldn't turn the pages fast enough. Can't wait for more!
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a new to the author and the blurb of the story had me hooked. Cris goes to great lengths to make Jasmine his. At first she just thinks they have mutual friends in common but is it more sinister? Once Jasmine finds out that Cris has ulterior motives will she be able to forgive him? They have this intense burning chemistry that is palpable from the pages. I can’t wait to read more of the Brooklyn Brothers!!
Jessica
Jan 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Well, this was disappointing...
The premise of this book sounded amazing. Amazing! I was hooked!
Then I started to actually read it and I could not get into it. Nope. Not at all.
I even tried skipping around and that didn’t work either. *sigh*
Tracie R
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgally
A promising start to the Brooklyn Brothers, Lace and Lies is an exciting read. A new to me author, Melanie Munton has delivered an engaging story with dynamic characters and interaction. I will be looking to read more of the Brooklyn Brothers and more by this author.
Sherri Bay
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love these characters!!

Loved this book! Once I started reading could not put it down!! Looking forward to next story of Brooklyn Brothers! Keep going Melanie!!!!
Margaret
Victoria
Sherry
Tracie M

• The Cruelest Stranger
  • Must Love Forever (A 425 Madison Novel, #11)
  • Natural Passion (Au Naturel Trilogy #1)
  • Keeper
  • Beard Necessities (Winston Brothers, #7)
  • Kings of Rittenhouse - A Shameless King Prequel
  • Beneath the Sheets  (Enigma #6)
  • Provoke You: A Cole Brothers Novel, Book 2 (Cole Brothers Series)
  • Outmatched
  • Knocked Up Again! (Knocked Up #3)
  • Mister Tonight
  • Spy Thy Neighbor (Enigma #7)
  • Love Machine
  • Tower (Ever After, #2)
  • Fearless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #4)
  • Nice Day For A White Wedding
  • Broken Vows (Volkov Bratva, #1)
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
Melanie grew up in the Midwest, but she loves living in the Southeast (where the beaches are!) now with her husband and daughter.
Melanie's other passion is traveling and seeing the world. With anthropology degrees under their belts, she and her husband have made it their goal in life to see as many archaeological sites around the world as possible.

She has a horrible food addiction to pasta and

Brooklyn Brothers (2 books)
  • Scars & Sins (Brooklyn Brothers, #2)