Start by marking “Stranded At Night (California Express, #1)” as Want to Read:
Stranded At Night (California Express, #1)

Stranded At Night

(California Express #1)

Two days after Christmas, two in the afternoon, two passengers must face the storm to prevail against the darkness.

Published December 7th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Stranded At Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stranded At Night

Start your review of Stranded At Night (California Express, #1)
Penelope
I picked up STRANDED AT NIGHT because I thought the blurb sounded interesting and the attractive cover caught my eye. I haven’t read anything else by Rebekah Dodson. STRANDED AT NIGHT had potential.

My (e Kindle) copy of STRANDED AT NIGHT was badly in need of additional editing/proofreading/refining/word and grammar checks, etc. Sentences were disjointed, phrases awkward, and the story itself had several inconsistencies in it. SPOILER: I believe the MMC would have belonged to either a special br
Billie
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Maggie Espinoza needs to get away from Portland, Oregon, from a blown out past and a bleak future. She figures taking the Express train to balmy Southern California to start over is just what she needs. Two days after Christmas while everyone is preparing for the New Year, she makes her escape during the worst blizzard the state has ever seen.
Jesse Cabot senses a darkness in fellow
Will Decker
There's a somewhat decent story here but it's buried in poor grammar, poor editing, lousy character development, and a definite lack of research that comes off with a ring of stupidity. If there is a device that will give you a hotspot for WiFi without cell service, I definitely want one. And the UC's weapon description totally confused me. These are just two instances where the author should have done a little research before diving in. And the terrible grammar and typos drove me up a wall. If ...more
Fleur
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
I thoroughly enjoyed this read, Maggie and Jessie are great characters that really draw you in and make you need to know what will happen next. You are kept in suspense on what will happen next as well as who is behind everything, mix that with Maggie and Jessie and its a perfect read. This is the first book in the series I have read so have just gone and grabbed the first book Stranded At Night to read about Maggie and Jessie's first meeting and the adventures that entailed!

I received a free co
Scarolet Ellis
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Murder By Day: California Express Book 2 by Rebekah Dodson is a story that I have loved reading very much. This is book number two in this amazing story written by a brand new author for e to read. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about mysteries, thrillers and romantic suspense in their stories.

Carolyn Summers
Feb 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
Stranded At Night is a twisty-turny thriller that has you on the edge of your seat at times. I was looking forward to this non-traditional Christmas story and it's an excellent start to the California Express series. I don't know the area but I love suspenseful thrillers and am a sucker for a dark and stormy night. The characters are well developed and I enjoyed getting into their heads as the story progressed. I look forward to checking out the rest of the series. ...more
Heather W
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mystery on the California Expres...

Stranded At Night is the first book in the California Express series and is a great start to this new series.

I found the characters to be well developed, interesting, and likable. The storyline is well written, fast-paced, and flows nicely from start to finish, with murder, assault, suspense, danger, and intrigue.

I am looking forward to reading the next book in this series.
I read and reviewed this book with no obligation.
K.D. Bloodworth
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Having a husband that worked undercover at one time, some of the things didn't ring true, but most people wouldn't have the insight I have on that kind of work. With that said, I loved this book. It grabbed me from the very start and held me until all was said and done. Wrapped up very nicely. Lots of surprises, good guy, bad guy, damsel in distress, who is going to win, sort of book. Well done Ms. Dodson. Truly enjoyed! ...more
Joy Whiteside
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was an interesting read that kept your interest from the very beginning all the way to the end. It moves along at the perfect reading speed making it a comfortable read. Has interesting characters that you want to see overcome whatever obstacles may get in their way and a story that will grab you and hook you. This is a must read for 2020, you will not be sorry.
Kristi
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A good start to a new series. The story line will pull you in and the suspense keeps you turning the pages. It's well written and moves along at a good pace with suspense, intrigue, danger and murder. The characters are well developed and easy to like.

Michelle
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Stranded At Night is suspenseful, gripping start to the California Express series. I live in Oregon so when I heard about this book I was intrigued. The characters are interesting and well developed and the story had me on the edge of my seat wondering what would happen next. I look forward to reading the next book in this series. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Pat Eroh
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely amazing read that captured me immediately and did not let go. I was totally into the story and loved the characters. Not a long story, just perfect actually, I enjoyed this story and hope for more by this author. Maggie and Jesse make a great team, hope for more of them as well.

Teri Ruscak
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Stranded At Night: California Express Book 1
Rebekah Dodson.
This book gripped me from the beginning with the drama, twists, suspense, and romance. I wanted more!

Linda Rae Williams
Needs editing

Hard to read because of typos. I gave up. Wrong words like blading instead of balding means you must stop often to sort out what they mean.
Rachel Joi Maples
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
new to me Author with a promising outlook ... good story with a lovely character development ... anxious to read more
Nicole
Nov 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Entertaining, suspenseful short story that had my attention from beginning to end. My only complaint is it ended rather abruptly.
Kim
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this one. I would like to read more by her. I also liked her write up at the end talking about her ordeal on the train.
Sheri

• Full Circle
  • A Family for Christmas
  • Loving Luca
  • Hogmanay
  • Earth: Giants, Golems and Gargoyles (Elemental Anthologies, #2)
  • Grimm, Grit and Gasoline (Punked Up Fairy Tales, #1)
  • Dad Bod (Under Construction, #1)
  • Cruel Crush (Hidden Falls High, #1)
  • Operation Ann: Infected Crisis
  • The Dragon Heiress (The Dragon Realms, #1)
  • Mountain Man
  • Flirty Ever Afters
  • Dear Ava
  • Sacrifice (Her Soulkeepers, #1)
  • Dead Girl Walking (Barbie: The Vampire Hunter #2)
  • Spirit of the Earth (The Triad Prophecy Book 1)
  • Steel Strings (The Chameleon Effect )
  • Mated to the Water Dragon (High House Draconis, #2)
Rebekah Dodson is a prolific word weaver of romance, fantasy, and science fiction novels. Her works include the series Postcards from Paris, The Surrogate, The Curse of Lanval series, several stand alone novels, and her upcoming YA novel, Clock City. She has been writing her whole life, with her first published work of historical fiction with 4H Clubs of America at the age of 12, and poetry at the ...more

News & Interviews