Start by marking “Stranded At Night (California Express, #1)” as Want to Read:
Stranded At Night (California Express, #1)

Stranded At Night

(California Express #1)

Two days after Christmas, two in the afternoon, two passengers must face the storm to prevail against the darkness.

Published December 7th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Stranded At Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stranded At Night

Start your review of Stranded At Night (California Express, #1)
Billie
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Maggie Espinoza needs to get away from Portland, Oregon, from a blown out past and a bleak future. She figures taking the Express train to balmy Southern California to start over is just what she needs. Two days after Christmas while everyone is preparing for the New Year, she makes her escape during the worst blizzard the state has ever seen.
Jesse Cabot senses a darkness in fellow
Eden
Jan 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Memorable Excerpt
===
"I gotta be honest, it's takin' a lot of restraint not to kiss you right now." Maggie looked around, a smile playing at her lips. "It's freezing in here. I could use some..." "Ah, fuck it," Jesse interrupted whatever she was about to say, as he seized the back of her head and drew her lips toward his. They collided slightly and sweetly, and he felt like a kid on the playground stealing a kiss from his first love.
Heather Wamboldt
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mystery on the California Expres...

Stranded At Night is the first book in the California Express series and is a great start to this new series.

I found the characters to be well developed, interesting, and likable. The storyline is well written, fast-paced, and flows nicely from start to finish, with murder, assault, suspense, danger, and intrigue.

I am looking forward to reading the next book in this series.
I read and reviewed this book with no obligation.
Joy Whiteside
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was an interesting read that kept your interest from the very beginning all the way to the end. It moves along at the perfect reading speed making it a comfortable read. Has interesting characters that you want to see overcome whatever obstacles may get in their way and a story that will grab you and hook you. This is a must read for 2020, you will not be sorry.
Kristi
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A good start to a new series. The story line will pull you in and the suspense keeps you turning the pages. It's well written and moves along at a good pace with suspense, intrigue, danger and murder. The characters are well developed and easy to like.

Michelle
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Stranded At Night is suspenseful, gripping start to the California Express series. I live in Oregon so when I heard about this book I was intrigued. The characters are interesting and well developed and the story had me on the edge of my seat wondering what would happen next. I look forward to reading the next book in this series. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Pat Eroh
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely amazing read that captured me immediately and did not let go. I was totally into the story and loved the characters. Not a long story, just perfect actually, I enjoyed this story and hope for more by this author. Maggie and Jesse make a great team, hope for more of them as well.

Teri Ruscak
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Stranded At Night: California Express Book 1
Rebekah Dodson.
This book gripped me from the beginning with the drama, twists, suspense, and romance. I wanted more!

Beth
Janet Watson
Victoria Barbour
Rita Wray
Jan 06, 2020

• Dragon Cipher (Elterian Shifters, #3)
  • Rumors & Roughing (Slapshot #5)
  • Claimed By The Russian (A Man Who Knows What He Wants, #129)
  • Where the Little Birds Go
  • Every Other Weekend
  • Accidental Shield
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • Sex and Other Shiny Objects (Boyfriend Material #2)
  • Illusion (Illusion, #1)
  • Claiming My Mate (Ash Mountain Pack Book 2)
  • Waiting Forever: Vol 5 (The Forever Series)
  • Dangerous Games
  • Covert Threat (Gray Ghost #5)
  • Hello Dr. Christmas (Snowflake Creek Book 3)
  • Every Minute (Music, Love and Other Miseries, #2)
  • Everything I Need (Everything, #1)
  • Everything I Have (Everything, #2)
  • Miss Understanding (Miss #1)
Rebekah Dodson is a prolific word weaver of romance, fantasy, and science fiction novels. Her works include the series Postcards from Paris, The Surrogate, The Curse of Lanval series, several stand alone novels, and her upcoming YA novel, Clock City. She has been writing her whole life, with her first published work of historical fiction with 4H Clubs of America at the age of 12, and poetry at the ...more