Start by marking “Tank Girl 2 (Tank Girl, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tank Girl 2 (Tank Girl, #2)

Tank Girl 2

(Hewlett and Martin's Tank Girl #2)

Join Tank Girl as she escapes from the asylum, goes back to comics school, meets Sheriff Harry Poussini, enjoys a summer love sensation and a series of detective adventures.
Published March 1st 2003 by Titan Books (first published January 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Tank Girl 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tank Girl 2

Tristy
Jun 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comix, favorites, women
If you don't get the brilliance of Tank Girl, I don't think I want to know you.
Mel
I've been meaning to read some Tank Girl for ages. Bill had these ones and dug them out for me. I have to say it wasn't what I was expecting. First of all the most amazing thing about the comics was that they were a mixture of colour and black and white in a single issue. I've never seen anyone do that before! I didn't think the comic format allowed for that. So i thought that was really cool. I did quite enjoy them. I liked the art work style. I liked how Tank Girl was both an attractive punk a ...more
Rachel
Mar 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Tank Girl is chaos. Just pure chaos. And if you expect anything else, you will be sorely disappointed.

This second volume is more of a mish mash of drug induced side comics, a couple stories, and lots of lovely art work. There are some gorgeous full page, full color illustrations of Tank Girl and Booga. It is worth those alone to own this book.

No, there isn't much of a story, but that's not why I read Tank Girl. Hewlett & Martin's weird sense of humor just clicks with me. Combined with the
D.M.
Feb 05, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'd like to say that Tank Girl improves from the riotous ridiculousness of the first of these remastered editions, I really would. But it doesn't so much improve as it changes, expands and warps. These stories are delivered to us from Hewlett and Martin in the thick of the British self-proclaimed psychedelic revival (via ecstasy & acid house), trying desperately to adjust their beloved character from her earlier madcap escapades to ones of a more cerebral (or at least hallucinogenic) nature. ...more
Keith
Dec 08, 2011 rated it it was ok
EDIT: Guys, you don't know how proud I am to have finally finished Tank Girl 2.

I've been trying to finish this book -- nay, to get past the first story, even -- for years. YEARS. It's just that the tone's all wrong and there's NO DAMN TANK. Without a tank, what is Tank Girl? Pretty much Reality Bites with a kangaroo.

So Tank Girl is in this book and this book is called Tank Girl, but that's where it all ends. The stories here are quite long -- Tank Girl and her friends are in a mental hospital, T
Kendra saunders
Jan 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
Ok I don’t have a great deal to say about this one but here is what I do have…

This graphic novel is made up of quite a few short pieces and they were way to short! A story would start getting interesting only to be cut short with an ending that was either a big letdown or made no sense to me at all.

What I did like is Tank girl herself. She is quirky, isn’t scared of the taboo and has a lot of personality; I have never previously found a character quite like her. I found the trip down strange lan
Mileena
Tank Girl 2
4/5 stars

This was basically a compilation of different stories and I loved most of them (except for the ones that didn't have Tank Girl at all in them, those are what dragged my rating a bit)

But man were most of them amazing

-From the first one where Tank Girl is in an insane asylum and some guy is messing with her head. It gave me serious Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe vibes and made me realize how alike they are.

-The one with her grandparents and the fountain of youth was my fav
Shaun
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
I am new to Tank Girl. I started, Naturally, with Tank Girl: One. I found it to be a bit crazy and unfocused, but utterly charming. By the end I felt like it had started to "find itself" Maybe the authors felt that too, and then desperately tried to run away from that notion.

This collection tries real hard not to meet your expectations or to be seen as anything other than "out there." It almost seems like at times this sabotages their own comic. Also, sooo much of this is "drug trippy." And list
Dave
The addition of color to the series does make the art stand out, allowing for more emotion depth to Jamie Hewlett’s drawings. This makes for a more intense comic, but a darker one. The anarchistic spirit and punk sensibilities are still there, but the humor has been tempered. There is rage and disillusionment here, but Tank Girl is relegated to become an observer. She isn’t fighting as hard as she used to, and that's discouraging.
Lana
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
This episode of Tank Girl see's a short-story format, with snappier episodes. In particular the authors play with meta inbetween and in each story-line. The character is less overwhelming and gives a good chance for development of relationships between Booga and Stevie, as well as with some longer-lived motive, other than I'm angry Ill punch, I'm hungry Ill eat. Again the images live up to a beautiful in the most coarse way standard.
Resi Noth
Jun 15, 2019 rated it liked it
The artwork is amazing. The writing is terrible and I got to the end mostly drooling over Hewlitt’s visuals and ignoring the text. Maybe the writing was added in to interpret the fantastic art— book was mind numbing and should be read while dropping L.
Wetdryvac Wetdryvac
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Better than #1
Jewel
Jul 21, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still not the biggest fan of the art style, but boy did this volume take me for a ride. The story line is still hilarious and I will continue to read this comic.
Mariam Mosashvili
Really weird yet every funny, the art is edgy and provocative, just a brilliant peace of punk art
Nicole
Nov 18, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
This second issue was a bit more all over the place but still a fun ride.
B.  Barron
A few really good bits smothered in a lot of Gonzo and vulgar and immature sexual innuendos and ultra-violence.
Overall it was fun.
Jake
Jul 30, 2012 added it
The much (and wrongfully) maligned second volume of the series, swings all over the place conceptually, while maintaining a sticky consistancy. The avowedly slapdash stoner methodology of the creators is even further at the forefront here, and they wind up inserting themselves into the text on a regular basis. Shifting even more heavily between pop culture formats (elements of Jack Keuroac, Yogi Bear, Starsky & Hutch), the second volume is more readable pannel to pannel, with its still ribal ...more
Jon Rob
Jul 04, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Difficult Second album.
Hewlett and Martin obviously a bit tired of their dream creation.
Jamie Hewlett's style starts to develop/ Growing pains.
The stories become darker. More jibes at their employers of the time who wouldn't let them move on.
At time of release, it was difficult because the lust for life that burst from the first collection only permeated the first few strip incluede here before turning darker, blacker humour.
Still plenty of bum, poo and willy gags. Just darker bum, poo and will
Ryan Mishap
Sigh, they created the best comic in the universe and then they get all post-modern or "meta' or whatever the guys with degrees call it and ruin the whole fucking thing. Oh sure, there's some little ember og former greatness glowing, but mostly the awesomeness has been snuffed out. Thanks for nothing, guys.
Trevor
Mar 29, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Not a fan of this. While I thought the first volume was okay, this second volume of Tank Girl epitomizes all the most annoying trends in indie comics: constantly breaking the fourth wall, chaotic page layouts, and a lot of plots-about-how-we-haven't-thought-of-a-plot that come off as more lazy than self-aware. I don't think I'll bother continuing with this series.
DEREK CROSSLEY
Jul 14, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction-read
Not as good as the first collection, too much weird drug stuff, not enough sex and violence. But the On The Road mock is great.
Pineappowl
Sep 24, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
The first volume was excellent. In this one, we see the results of the creators doing too many drugs and reading some Kerouac. If that blows your mind, you'll probably love this. Personally, I just left it wondering how the hell they managed to make Tank Girl boring.
Rory Tregaskis
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
Totally over rated. Jamie Hewlett's artwork hasn't developed yet, still decent but not as great as his later work. The writing is bollocks. Kind of a laugh but dated. The whole thing's kind of cringe, especially the Stanly Unwin rip offs/references/homages whatever.
Heather Fryling
Tank Girl continues to do what she does best--refuse to compromise and refuse to conform. There were stories in this volume that deserved five stars, but there were also stories, that, to my taste, got too trippy. Trippy Tank Girl is cool too, but she's not the heroine I came to see (personally).
Paul Michaels
In the second installment of Tank Girl some things have progressed, some have not. Jamie Hewlett's style is exactly half-way developed, and Martin's writing is still as ropey as a bag of old dreadlocks.
Paul
Apr 13, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cynical, anarchic, surreal and very, very funny.
robomatey
Jun 26, 2008 rated it did not like it
Shelves: sucked
this broke my heart. they should have just left her awesome without the limp, pointless writing and not as awesome art.
Palimp
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mejor grafismo y mayores locuras :)
Phoebe Macdonald
Not as good as the first volume plot-wise, but still enjoyable.

• Tank Girl: Apocalypse
  • Tank Girl: The Odyssey
  • Lenore: Wedgies
  • The Maxx, Vol. 1
  • Johnny the Homicidal Maniac #6
  • Blue Monday Vol. 2: Absolute Beginners
  • The Complete Buddy Bradley Stories from Hate Comics, Vol. 1: Buddy Does Seattle, 1990-1994
  • Once Upon a Time (Nightmares & Fairy Tales, #1)
  • Everything Can Be Beaten
  • Death Jr., Vol. 1
  • Wormwood: Gentleman Corpse, Vol. 1: Birds, Bees, Blood & Beer

Hewlett and Martin's Tank Girl (4 books)
  • Tank Girl (Tank Girl, #1)
  • Tank Girl 3 (Tank Girl, #3)
  • Tank Girl: The Odyssey