Start by marking “Jingle-Jingle” as Want to Read:
Jingle-Jingle

Jingle-Jingle

(Mr. Horse)

The beloved characters from Clip-Clop are back, and what a ride they’re taking this time! Mr. Horse has invited all the barnyard animals into his sleigh, and Cat, Dog, Pig, and Duck couldn’t be more excited. Soon, they’re holding on tight and dashing through the snow with bells jingle-jingling all the way.  Over the fields they fly—but when they reach the hill, everyone wa ...more
Published October 7th 2008 by Boxer Books

To ask other readers questions about Jingle-Jingle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jingle-Jingle

Casandria
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great for a Christmas storytime! (Remember to use jingle bells, like Anna!)
In the tradition of Clip-Clop, this is just pure fun! Simple text and great pictures make for a great read aloud for preschoolers and toddlers alike.
Ruth Ann
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very much like Clip-Clop except for the jingle, jingles, the snow and...
Mr. Horse gets in the sleigh!!!
Amanda
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the bombest toddler storybook for winter, I only wish they wouldn't have made the winter hats quite so Santalike. Honestly, there is nothing remotely Christmasy about it otherwise.
Alyssa Tabor
Oct 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Would be appropriate for toddlers.
ColoradoBUCK Buck
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Read for Christmas storytime.
Milton Moon Louie
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Delightful adventures with the five animal friends. B
Katy
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: storytime
This is a nice, short, silly option for storytime. Will definitely use it.
Jessica
Dec 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Have I already admitted my bias when it comes to picture books? So here's the thing. I'm an adult who reads children's books, including picture books. A lot of them, in fact. I believe we have established that. But that doesn't mean that I enjoy them in the same manner that a child would. I have my favorites when it comes to picture books. I tend to like things that are funny (anything by Mo Willems) or have gorgeous art (David Wiesner) or do something unique (Steve Jenkins. What I don't like ar ...more
Ina
Dec 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: storytime-reads
This is a Christmas version of "Clip Clop" and so there is snow and Santa Hats and a sleigh. Cat, Dog, Pig, and Duck are back and Mr. Horse gives them a ride in his sleigh. There are great sound words in the simple text and the illustrations are big and bright. Everything is going well until they all decide to slide down a large hill and Mr. Horse joins the others in the sleigh…with a loud "Wheeeee!" everyone ends up in the snow, "Jingle-plop!" My story time audience loved this one! There are al ...more
Dec 13, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Toddlers & Preschool & Perhaps Kindergarten
The animals are back for a winter sleigh ride and this time, Horse gets to ride, too!

I liked this one ever more than the first, although they're both strong choices that will appeal to toddlers, preschoolers, and probably kindergartners. Jingle-Jingle follows a similar pattern as Clip-Clop and no worries, things work out just fine.

It isn't a Christmas book so much as it's a winter book. The Santa hats are the only holiday bit, so this'll work for January or places where you can't mention holiday
Bmack
This is a winter version of the author's previous book, "Clip Clop". Cat, Dog, Pig and Duck all want to ride in Mr. Horse's sleigh. Of course, they encourage Mr. Horse to go faster until they land in a snow pile and ask to do it all over again. There is no mention of Christmas but the animals are wearing Santa hats and there are bells on the horse. Adorable winter story. Good for Phonological Awareness as there are many sound words like "jingle-jingle, swoosh-swoosh".
Jess
December 2016 - Ben got this for his first Christmas, and we've read it every year since, but this year he chose it a lot and was really into making the sounds and anticipating the crash. I think his preschool teachers were reading it, too, either that or he remembered it amazingly well from a year before.
Vivian
Feb 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Be prepared to "read it again" and again and again. This is not an addition to holiday fare but it does fit the season. Be sure to hand around some jingle bells after sharing this with your crowd of pre-schoolers or early-graders and enjoy some lively rounds of singing the refrain to the familiar "Jingle Bells" to extend the fun.
Jess
This is a fun book to read during winter storytimes. My pre-school storytime group absolutely loved this story when I paired it with tambourine playing. Any time the text read "jingle-jingle" I would jingle my tambourine. A huge hit!
Angie
Oct 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: julie, marisa
Yay! I loved Nicola Smee's other book Clip-Clop. This one is great too!! Use jingle bells with this one for sure and then pair it with the song "ride a cockhorse" from the Toddlers on Parade CD. The horse is my favorite character in this one.
Dec 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
Clip Clop is one of my favorite storytime books ever, but Jingle Jingle just isn't as great. It might've gone over at a regular storytime, with my kids who were used to making noise along with the story. As part of a special event though with 40-some kids, it was pretty much just chaos.
Camille
Jul 18, 2012 rated it did not like it
I can see its value for younger audiences, but I just don't like it myself and wouldn't be able to show enthusiasm if I read this for a storytime. The only part that I think is redeeming is the repetition of jingle-jingle and other action sounds.
June
Feb 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: young winter requests
Shelves: picture-book, winter
A horse invites some other animals for a sleigh ride and they discover the joy of sledding. Nice sounds. Probably more of 3 and a half. Went over well at Saturday reading time. Would work well with Jingle Bells song and bells/shakers.
Katie
Oct 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Finally! A follow-up to J's favorite book ever, _Clip Clop_! Although the story is basically the same this time around, we still love it. This time Cat and Dog and Pig and Duck go on a sleigh ride with Mr. Horse, jingle jingle wheee! This would make a nice holiday gift book.
Amy Brown
Oct 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Great book for winter. It doesn't really mention Christmas. It's just the same farm animals that were in Clip Clop going on a sleigh ride. Would be fun to use sleigh bells or shakers with.
Tiff
Dec 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: board-books
Very cute board book to read for the winter holidays. The animals all fall off the sled but get back on again. Could be accompanied with bells. Delightful.
Elizabeth
Not actually a Christmas book, so I could use this for snow/winter-themed story times.
M. Walker
Jan 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dist
A Clip-Clop sequel, winter setting but not a Chrsitmas book. Went down very well with young storytime
Jan 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
Very cute! Great for storytime participation.
Tracy Morton
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Really cute! Funny!
Roben
Dec 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fun read-aloud for preK & K!
Sue
Dec 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Fun book to use with jingle bells!
Michelle
Mar 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Everyone loves sledding!
  • Winter Is Here
  • I Spy on the Farm
  • Tanka Tanka Skunk!
  • Are You A Horse?
  • Tip Tip Dig Dig
  • What Will Fat Cat Sit On?
  • I'm Not Santa!
  • Baby Says "Moo!"
  • Who Ate All the Cookie Dough?
  • Hello, Day!
  • Ten on the Sled
  • Say Hello Like This!
  • Duckie's Rainbow
  • The Farmer's Away! Baa! Neigh!
  • One Two That's My Shoe!
  • A Kitten Tale