Start by marking “Ragged Heroes: An Epic Military Fantasy Novel (The Silent Champions Book 5)” as Want to Read:
Ragged Heroes: An Epic Military Fantasy Novel (The Silent Champions Book 5)

Ragged Heroes: An Epic Military Fantasy Novel (The Silent Champions Book 5)

When death came calling, the outcasts became the champions.

The Deadheads. A ragtag band of disgraced soldiers, killers saved from the gallows, and recruits too inept to hold the shield wall. They are the dregs of the Legion of Heroes.

Duvain and Endyn are no exception. A giant with a terrible secret and his weak, incapable brother, they are barely competent enough to

Kindle Edition
Published January 14th 2020 by The Fantasy Fiends Publishing Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Ragged Heroes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ragged Heroes

Start your review of Ragged Heroes: An Epic Military Fantasy Novel (The Silent Champions Book 5)
Lana
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic novel in the Silent Champions series and this time the story centres around the brothers Endyn and Duvain who had just crossed the sea from Voramis to join the army at Icespire to fight by the side of other Einari now called Princelanders. They joined the legion of Heroes to fight the Eirdkilrs and they became part of the group known as the Deadheads under the leadership of Captain Lingram. At first they were ridiculed by the rest of the deadheads for still being new and green ...more
Rita
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Some books really get under my skin, this was one of them!

I have read other books by the author, Andy Peloquin, and I always enjoy them. He always manages to add some new ingredient into each one of them.

Even though this book was predominantly about war and suffering, Mr. Peloquin managed to inject love and strength into it to great affect. Not just the physical types, but the type of love between colleagues, friends and family.

His characters are always deeply flawed or downright horrible.
Carolyn
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
received this book as an ARC.
This a military fantasy that is told from a group of legionnaires called "The Deadheads ". These are the outcasts, the veteran soldiers that have been there done that. This is a kickass book! Following orders to march and protect allies that really can't stand them and speak a language that only few know...they've been "blessed" by the presence of a Royal pain in ass know it all.
Little do they know they go up against an enemy of giant barbarians the number in the
Shivani McFarland
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mr. Peloquin is one of two of my favorite military fantasy writers. He masterfully weaves unique characters full of self reflection, doubt, pain, sensitivities and villains equally as vile and despicable as his emotionally scarred heroes are sensitive. His world building is as diverse as our planet. This is a short story about two brothers, Endyn the giant of a man inflected with dragon skin and his younger brother Duvain the weaker one of the two, we first met them in book 4 in the Silent ...more
GG
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Set in the same world as The Silent Champions - in fact we meet the main characters in book 4 - yet able to stand alone as a single read, this 5th book follows two brothers in the not very elite Deadhead military unit.

Beginning with their enlistment the book follows them through forced marches, trainings, battles, and loads of character development. Be prepared for long stretches of time where you tell yourself, "just one more chapter."

The book has the attention to military detail and grounded
Tabitha Ormiston-Smith
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another gut-churningly exciting episode in the lives of the quiet achievers, here we see the beginnings of brothers Duvain and Endyn. It's a lovely story, with the trademark Peloquin sureness of touch with the characters. The dialogue could have come from any military barracks.

There's plenty of action, too - although the book starts quietly and is chiefly about the integration of Duvain and Endyn into their new company, the finale more than makes up for any slowness in the early chapters.
Phyllis
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This stand-alone relative to the " Silent Champions "
series is equally as enthralling as the other stories.
I could ** not ** put it down !!
Make sure you're comfortable when you start this
story because you're in for the long haul.
Enjoy !!

Phyllis S.
Lisa Greiner Maughan
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a great book. Gripping, exciting, nail-biting. Written with feeling.
Silver Surfer
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ragged Heroes is an apt description on the soldiers, because that’s exactly what they are. This author continues to roll out great book after great book and long may it last. Highly recommended.
Mitch Gindlesperger
Jan 20, 2020
Angela Fergusson
Jan 23, 2020

• Fae Hunter
  • Lock and Key (King and Crown, #1)
  • Osmium War
  • The Dead Trilogy
  • Cassidy (Lt. Kate Gazzara Novel Book 7)
  • A Coronation of Kings (A Kingdom Divided, #1)
  • After Long Silence
  • Hell To Pay (Hellbent Halo Book 5)
  • The Blackmail Club (Jack McCall Mystery #2)
  • Initiation (Elite Supernatural Trackers, #1)
  • Hell to Pay (The Harvesters #2)
  • The Betrayal of Ka (The Transprophetics #1)
  • The Maltese Parrot: A Patricia Fisher Mystery (A Humorous Cruise Ship Cozy Mystery Book 9)
  • Simple Machines
  • Death's Queen (In Deception's Shadow, #4)
  • In Deception's Shadow Box Set (In Deception's Shadow #1-3)
  • Beneath (Running from the Devil, #1)
  • Beneath
I am, first and foremost, a storyteller and an artist--words are my palette. Fantasy is my genre of choice, and I love to explore the darker side of human nature through the filter of fantasy heroes, villains, and everything in between. I'm also a freelance writer, a book lover, and a guy who just loves to meet new people and spend hours talking about my fascination for the worlds I encounter in ...more