Start by marking “What the Eyes See” as Want to Read:
What the Eyes See

What the Eyes See

Review
'Freshly Baked Best Dark Stories of 2019'- Times of India

How much of what you see can you believe?
How much can you trust yourself and the people around you?

Back in the ’70s, a man visiting his hometown for vacation has the most terrifying
Published November 25th 2019 by Invincible Publishers

To ask other readers questions about What the Eyes See, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What the Eyes See

Start your review of What the Eyes See
Krinal Savaliya
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Author Nitya Ravi's collection of short stories titled, What The Eyes See, touches upon human impulses, strange whims and desires that most of us tend to conceal. Through her admirable use of language, which is lucid and jocose, the author unleashes simple; sometimes discomforting forthcomings. Her bourgeois characters dissatisfied with their lives seek refuge in self-deception; fantasies and day dreaming, so to deal with their emotional and existential crisis. Her characters yearn for a change ...more
Harshita Ashwani
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book- What the eyes see
By- Nitya Ravi

The book consist of short stories with deep meaning and emotions. Every story brings you goosebumps with the intense storyline.
Sometime into the future, a 60-year-old man is suspicious about the Artificial Intelligence he has procured for his home.Back in the 70's, a man visiting his hometown for vacation has the most terrifying experience of his life.In Delhi, a young woman gets a beautiful gift, which she later realizes might not be so beautiful after all.
The Bookish Elf
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What The Eyes See by Nitya Ravi is a fascinating and sometimes disturbing collection of seven short stories. Author Nitya Ravi blends science fiction with more conventional literary form to showcase issues of dangerous desire, technology gone awry, and the past that reveal secrets both sinister and important. Across these stories runs a theme of dark human nature and it's consequences. I most appreciated how author Nitya took her characters into vivid and uncomfortable emotions and experiences, ...more
Khushi Gadhiya
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In this collection of short stories, What The Eyes See, author Nitya Ravi drags us through the murky underbelly of humanity. The characters are weird, troubled, detestable and in some cases, downright appalling. There is an undercurrent of strangeness and tension running throughout the book. These are mostly not fully-formed stories, they belong more to the "slice of life" variety but I found them strangely compelling.

The best stories in this collection reassure that fiction still has the power
Bhawna

Writing Style : /5
Overall Ratings : /5

REVIEW :

"WHAT THE EYES SEE AND THE EARS HEAR, THE MIND BELIEVES" ~ HARRY HOUDINI

This book is a collection of 7 short stories that will take you on a never-ending rollercoaster ride of Dark Thriller, Mystery, Horror and Suspense.
There are numerous unpredictable twists and turns.
Stories revolve around Author's
Aparna Thaker
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The stories in this collection What The Eyes See are tonally similar to each other, dark. Author Nitya has a penchant, and knack, for writing about the dredges, the weird, and the common. I like that she’s gritty and shocking and different. And I respect how difficult it is to write an effective short story. The author has to accomplish so much in the first couple of sentences alone. To write an entire collection is quite an achievement.

The stories are short and quick reads, almost more like
Shashank
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
#Imagination:- Is there any limit?

It can be chaotic
It can be sedentary

Book name:- What the eyes see.
Author's name:- Nitya Ravi

Cover rating:- 4/5
Content rating:- 4.5/5

Briefing:- What the eyes see is one of the amazon s hot releases in Indian literature. Basically, the book is a collection of dark stories to take with you in the night.

My take:- There is an undeniable fact that "Karma is the supreme master". It teaches us lessons, it makes us pay off, it rewards us as per our deeds. It is a wheel
Solitude books
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This books suspenseful vibes starts right from its title , rolls on to the mysterious cover and then the 7 short stories. This collection of short fictions are by author Nitya Ravi and it's my first time reading her book and I like her writing style.The first story is about an old man in his 70s who is a bit irritated by his SIRA ( like Alexa ) AI helper . He is trying to write something but suddenly she interrupt s his thoughts and there the story starts. In the next story a young well ...more
Ankita Khataniar
Interesting and entertaining

There are seven creepy stories in the book ,with apt titles like, Karma, The dreamcatcher, the angel numbers. I absolutely loved the stories. There is a certain amount of fear and anticipation in each of the stories. My favourites are 1978 and The angel numbers. Each story works on a different theme, like AI, mental health, anger, jealousy, karma, etc. The stories have just the right dose of creepiness to keep you entertained. And they are also thought provoking. I
Muthulakshmi Mahesh
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Title: What the eyes see
Format: Printed copy

This book is a collection of stories, the book starts with the thought-provoking words by the author, "What scares more than ghosts and spirits is the darkness of the human mind that thinks it's okay to hurt the other soul."

The title was a perfect match to the story and the cover seemed to suggest it's going to be a mystical horror fictional book and indeed it was.
The stories were fast-paced so I loved to read it in the sequential
Anjali
Dec 28, 2019 marked it as to-read
'What the Eyes See' is a book with seven different stories that gives you chill and when you finish it, you will believe that you can't believe your eyes.

The title and cover of the book depicts two different stories but at the end, it suits well. Though if I talk about the physical copy, the faded look of ink didn't suit well.

The theme of the book revolves around dark/thriller stories. Every story fulfills that. Writing style of the author is simple and language is easy to understand.

Plot of the
RATING:3.5/5
STYLE: First person Narration
GENRE: Short Fiction Stories
REVIEW:
This book is collection of seven short stories which are full of suspense, dark and horror. Stories are very unique which give voice to ideas which are not even heard of. Author has written stories about some different topics like artificial intelligence, being Superstitious and Karma.
•The first story opens to a typical old age man in his late 60’s who has taken a ‘miracle shot’, which
Barnali Chakraborty
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
What the eyes see.
Publisher: Invincible Publishers.
Genre : Fiction
#qotd: Have you ever experienced any unnatural incident?
Talking about this book, it basically portrays a collection of different dark short stories (namely SIRA, THE game, The Dreamcatcher, 1978, What The Eyes See, Karma and The Angel Numbers) that can easily make the readers travel through the horrifying world of darkness.
The way the author has weaved the narration of the stories was praiseworthy. It was
Khushbu Patel
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Author Nitya has put together a collection of short stories portraying flawed people who lack sentimentality or real ambitions. There are some really great observations about contemporary life and society in here. You are taking a long, hard look at humanity’s unsavory characteristics in these stories. You'll like this dark and twisty stories. Ultimately these stories walk a fine line between realism and satire.

The characters here are strange, some twisted, and others emotionally dead. Some of
Alston Savio
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book: What the eyes see
Genre: short stories, horror
Pages: 192
What the eyes see' by Nitya Ravi is a collection of 7 short stories with the blend of horror , sci-fi , aliens , black magic to it.
1.Sira
Artificial intelligence has made life easy but a 60-year old man is suspicious that the bot is planning something sinister. This story has a terminator feel to it but the ending is the reason why this is my favourite story.
2. The Game
Young entrepreneur helps a stranger and allows
shruti
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We only believe what we see; but what about those that we don't? 'What the Eyes See' by Nitya Ravi is a collection of 7 horror tales working around the themes of supernatural, karma, soul and black magic. Each is unique in its own way. Is what you know and what you see the only real things in the world? This book will lend you stories that will keep you awake at night.

I should have avoided reading this at night considering what a scaredy-cat I am. This collection was unique in its own way. Each
Ronak Shah
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
BookWhat the eyes see by Nitya Ravi

Stort stories are something you can read at any timeanywhere. Good and light read help to fresh your mind.

The book is a collectionof 7 dark stories!

These stories are kind of new, dark little horror. If I want to sum up in one line. "Whatever you see need not to be as it looks"

Stories dohave some twist and turn that make you surprise at the end of each story. These stories are a quitesimple and easy one to understand

The climax is something you will definitely
Aji Aleyas
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sira- world of technology.. automation everywhere ... robots are replacing humans ... tells the worst side of it

Game- thought always crossed my mind when traveling late nights what would happen - author nicely wrote a short scary one of it .. no more late night travelling for me ..

Dream catcher - good or evil .. previous generation would call it superstitious .. jealousy is the cause for a lot of evil or sinister things people do ..

What the eyes see - OMG ..

Karma - to be reborn to undo all
booksandreads8
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
The book contains a collection of 7 short stories. The stories are creepy, dark and filled with horror. The theme of the stories are same as they are dark, but they hold the same atmosphere to it. One of the story is the name of the title and the cover is an representation of a story as well. The concepts of reading minds, Karma and artificial intelligence are introduced in the book. The book makes you feel strange and intriguing throughout. The flow is so intense that it scares you out so much ...more
Sunanya Das
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Author : @authornityaravi .
Publishers : @invinciblepublishers .
Plot : The book consists of 7 short stories or chapters. Each chapter is independent of each other. .
SIRA is a humanoid robot equipped with high level AI. She is take cares of Ajith as he is old. He becomes paranoid about SIRA. He gradually finds facts related to SIRA and his family which turns his world upside down. Was his paranoia real? Was SIRA upto something?
Seth malhotra is rich, handsome and successful business based in
Shunya M
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A collection of dark stories.

The book begins with the story of a technically and scientifically advanced future world where immortality is forced on a 65 year old man who desires to die.

A handsome, successful and ambitious businessman meets a stranger on one of his journey and this journey changes his life.

This is the tale of two sweet cousins, who are each-others besties. One is happy for the other but what about the other? Can a witch with her black magic disturb their life..?

Angel Demon and
Sunanya Das
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Author : @authornityaravi .
Publishers : @invinciblepublishers .
Seth malhotra is rich, handsome and successful business based in
Goofy_bookspress
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a compilation of 7 spooky short stories. They have this really unnatural and unexpected twists that you wud not see coming. I love such stories that take me completely offguard. These are not exactly ghost stories but they are all unnatural nd will creep you out at times. The title of the book is soo soo apt....you'll know once you read the book. The author did a good job with both the language and the plot twists. You wud definitely enjoy reading them. Wud love to read more such ...more
Kangkana Bookish  Lover
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rate - 4.8 /5
***************
'What The Eyes See' is a book binded with 7 different horror stories with surprising twist and turns in its plot. " A young entrepreneur settled in Dubai when returning home meets a stranger his first reaction was to give a lift to a man in a deserted road but little did he knew that this will lead him towards the most horrifying event in his life. " (Chp 2- The Game) -- Not every horror stories have ghost and this one is such. Its more about terror created by man
Nithyalakshmi
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Author has presented these seven stories in a well manner. The language is quite easy to understand.I personally loved karma . Some situations were really relatable and made me question my sanity. It was one amazing rollercoaster ride from Robots to Aliens to witches to ghosts.... If you want to read some light horror story this is it for you.... What I didn't like was I expected more description about some characters... May be some people could understand. I wanted some more horror part ...more
Rohini
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"What the eyes see and the ears hear; the mind believes". But do you believe that your eyes always see the truth?. This is a blending of short stories which is really a fresh concept. I have heard and read dark stories but not like this one.

Sira is a robot. That was brought by his son and daughter to Ajit to take care of him as he's old. He has been thinking that sira is not an ordinary robot and something about her is bothering him. Is that true or is he hallucinating?

Seth Malhotra is a rich
Shruti k
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
" It is very easy to defeat someone but it is very hard to win someone"
By Sir A.P.J Abdul Kalam
Book Name -- What the eyes sees
Author Name -- Nitya Ravi
Short stories have one certain benefit,they are notshort but It also means the fast pace, the single-minded plot, and the concise form.I love reading short stories as it conveys meaningful message with powerful stories. Its easy to read and you can explore different genres.
This book is collection of seven short stories which are full of
Samee
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
In Dubai, a young entrepreneur
Ria Joseph
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is a collection of 7 dark,creepy,horror(and much more) short stories. The title "What the Eyes See" is one of the title of the short stories,but every short story in this collection will make the reader think "whatever one see need not to be the same as it looks" , making it a perfect title for the book. The cover of the book resembles a story;yes,a perfect cover too. Then the language of the book is not so difficult,the writing style is great with perfect flow. Every story is fast ...more
Muskan Modi
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Have you ever just sat down, your imagination running wild and making horrific scenarios just in your mind ? We just calm down thinking, "Okay, that can't really happen, haha!". This book makes me wonder, " Well, what if it REALLY happened?". It just sends a chill down my spine, to be honest.
What Eyes See by Nitya Ravi is a collection of freshly brewed dark stories filled with suspense, drama and absolute Horror.
The thing that piques my interest is that the characters in these stories are

• MIЯЯЯO : at THƎ WƎIЯⱭ WAYWAЯⱭ
  • Chronicles of Kuru Woman Krishna Sister Vol 1
  • The Fragile Thread of Hope
  • Oscar for loving, Grammy for not!
  • Till We Meet Again
  • My Happily Ever After
  • Love on the Everest: Love Conquers Everything
  • A Year Without Summer
  • FREEDOM : Human Trafficking and Encounter with Soul
  • SHE- Screw Silence!
  • The Apple: History's greatest mystery. Mankind's greatest theft.
  • Spies, Lies & Red Tape: A Spy-Military-Political Fiction Thriller based on the Indian Subcontinent
  • Gunpoint Groom
  • That Thing About You
  • Daughters Of The Brothel: Stories from Delhi's Red-light District
  • The Web of Karma
  • Made in China
  • Khantastic - The untold story of Bollywood’s trio
Nitya is an Indian author based in Dubai. ' What the Eyes See' which is a collection of 7 dark and intriguing stories is her debut book
It's been garnering a lot of positive reviews from its release and continues to do so with many appreciating its fresh take on horror and stories filled with suspense.
“What scares me more than ghosts, spirits or the likes is the darkness of the human mind especially with the ones who think it’s alright to hurt someone.” 0 likes
“What the eyes see and the ears hear, the mind believes. But how much of what you see, can you believe?” 0 likes