Start by marking “Claudia and the World's Cutest Baby (The Baby-Sitters Club, #97)” as Want to Read:
Claudia and the World's Cutest Baby (The Baby-Sitters Club, #97)

Claudia and the World's Cutest Baby (The Baby-Sitters Club #97)

3.53  ·  Rating details ·  455 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Claudia's baby cousin is finally here! She's definitely the cutest, sweetest baby ever born. And Claud can't do enough for her. She's spending every spare second at her Aunt Peaches and Uncle Russ's house--bringing gifts, changing the baby, helping with the cooking and the shopping, and, of course, offering Peaches plenty of BSC-tested baby care tips. There is just one pro ...more
Published May 1996 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Claudia and the World's Cutest Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claudia and the World's Cutest Baby

Ciara
Apr 27, 2011 rated it liked it
claudia is chillaxin' home alone when she gets the call she's been waiting for: her aunt peaches is in labor! that was quick, huh? didn't peaches just have a miscarriage like three months ago? how is she at-term with a new pregnancy already? anyway, despite having been a professional babysitter for the last seventeen years & an accredited infant care specialist, claudia does not realize that birth usually takes a while. she runs out to the garage when her family gets home & demands that ...more
Shira
Dec 13, 2013 rated it liked it
in this installment of “thirteen-year-olds are self-absorbed but not self-aware” by ghostwriter Peter Lerangis, claudia’s aunt peaches finally has a baby. she lost her last baby (see Claudia and Crazy Peaches), so everyone in the family is EXTRA excited for this one. claudia goes a bit overboard, though. the baby is named lynn, after her middle name, and claud is named the godmother. she believes this means it’s her responsibility to constantly be at peaches and russ’s house, giving “helpful” li ...more
Ds
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
ITA-ENG

Claudia non si accorge di essere una rompipalle.

Claudia doesn't realize she's a pain in the ass.
Logan Hughes
Claudia's aunt Peaches finally has her long-awaited baby, and Claudia is honored to be named as the godmother. She goes into overdrive trying to help care for the baby, and ends up overstaying her welcome and horning into her aunt's family, giving too much advice, and generally being a nuisance. She is hurt when Peaches finally yells at her, but gets a taste of what Peaches must have been feeling when a classmate tries too hard to be friends with her on a school trip to Philadelphia.

A subplot h
Samantha
I always found Claudia so annoying in this, and that feeling has only intensified with age. I had several younger cousins, and I can remember them all being born. I never, however, got so freaking stoked about any of them that I wanted to be around them all the time. Then again I wasn't particularly close to the aunts that were having them, so maybe that's the reason why? Who knows.

Anyway, it was always so weird to me She was seriously annoying in this, and it even made me feel sort of bad for
Rachel Brand
Aug 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
Even as a kid I thought it was crazy that Claudia would be so obsessed with her new baby cousin. At thirteen, I did find babies cute and would take any opportunity to play with them, but I wasn't that obsessed. (At eighteen, however, I often tease my boyfriend by cooing over every baby we see and pretending to be obsessed). Then again, there is no way that I would have been allowed to babysit at thirteen, but let's suspend reality for the sake of the BSC, shall we? I liked the parallels between ...more
April
May 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens, reviewed

Awesome books that girls will love! And the
Maria Elmvang
LOVED the first half - Claudia's reaction to getting a cousin was too sweet for words and literally brought me to tears.

HATED the second half - seriously, Claudia was a pest and really should know better.
Jackie Krasuski
Jul 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
What young girl did not love the Baby-Sitters Club and Karen, the Baby-Sitters Little Sister?
Nancy
Oct 31, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: rereading
In which Caludia knows everything there is to know about babies. EVER.
Melina
Yet another read with thin characters. I really forgot how bad some of the later BSC books are. Claudia's aunt has her baby and Claudia is a pain in the neck about it.
Hmonster
Jul 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved this book because of the Ant Peaches let Claudia be the godmother of Lynn. Also it was my ant's book so she wrote in the book for review.
Shannon
Jul 18, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1996
Claudia has a thing for babies. And for side ponytails. Basically, if she aged normally like people have a tendency to do, she would have inevitably become a star on Teen Moms.
Amy Holcomb
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Baby-sitters Club series was my favorite growing up! :)
Marian
Jun 07, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011, bsc, readit
Cute idea, execution was annoying. Claudia managed to somehow pester her aunt and uncle as well as the reader. Oi.
Heidi
Dec 10, 2013
Hannah Flatten
Jul 26, 2017
  • Picklemania
  • The Lost Locket (Nancy Drew: Notebooks, #2)
  • From E to You
  • Cheating on Anna (Sweet Valley Jr. High, #8)
  • Hide and Seek
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Slumber Party
  • How to Ruin a Friendship (Sweet Valley Jr. High, #7)
  • Lord Kirkle's Money (Beyond the Western Sea, #2)
  • Two Times the Fun
  • The Magic School Bus and the Electric Field Trip (The Magic School Bus, #9)
  • Snail Mail, No More (Elizabeth and Tara*Starr, #2)
  • Kirsten on the Trail
  • The Mystery of the Stolen Corn Popper

More about Ann M. Martin

The Baby-Sitters Club (1 - 10 of 131 books)
  • Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1)
  • Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls (The Baby-sitters Club, #2)
  • The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #4)
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three (The Baby-Sitters Club, #5)
  • Kristy's Big Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #6)
  • Claudia and Mean Janine (The Baby-Sitters Club, #7)
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #8)
  • The Ghost at Dawn's House (The Baby-Sitters Club, #9)
  • Logan Likes Mary Anne! (The Baby-Sitters Club, #10)

Fiction Deals

• Every Day Is Mother's Day
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Breakdown: A Love Story
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Blaze of Glory (Civil War: 1861-1865, Western Theater, #1)
  • The House Girl
  • Challenger Deep
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Yellow Crocus
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Wildflowers (Glenbrooke, #8)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Mother's Secret (Hearts of Lancaster Grand Hotel #2)
  • The Great Man
  • The Vagrants
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Perfect Son
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Winnowing Season (Amish Vines and Orchards, #2)
  • The Feathered Bone