Start by marking “Who Moved My Cheese?” as Want to Read:
Who Moved My Cheese?

Who Moved My Cheese?

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  287,108 Ratings  ·  8,967 Reviews
Written by Spencer Johnson, coauthor of The One Minute Manager, this enlightening and amusing story illustrates the vital importance of being able to deal with unexpected change. Who Moved My Cheese? is often distributed by managers to employees as a motivational tool, but the lessons it teaches can benefit literally anyone, young or old, rich or poor, looking for less str ...more
Published February 7th 2002 by Vermilion (first published September 8th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Who Moved My Cheese?, please sign up.
Scott Korin Don't bother. Unless you are going to check this book out at the library or somebody gave it to you, do not buy this book. It is not worth the $20.…moreDon't bother. Unless you are going to check this book out at the library or somebody gave it to you, do not buy this book. It is not worth the $20. It's not even worth $5. It's a simple metaphor written in a patronizing way and using a large font and big margins. If you typed this out in Word, it would be maybe 40 pages long.(less)

Seizure Romero
Sep 05, 2007 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: anyone who can't find his/her own ass using both hands & a flashlight.
Shelves: overblown, shite
SPOILER ALERT! I am going to save anyone who thinks they need to read this book time & money by summarizing the entire book in the next two sentences: Things change. Learn to adapt.

You're welcome. If you still feel the need to spend money please contact me & I will tell you where to send it.
Brian
Sep 26, 2007 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: mice w/ teeny tennis shoes.
You can read this book in about 45 minutes, but it will feel like a week. I think that I would have enjoyed the Spanish version better. I don't speak Spanish.

I don't know whether the authors of this book have an employer, but if they do, I would recommend a "random" drug test.

This book is about a team of two mice and a team of two minature exectives who each slide into a pair of size 0.005 sneakers and run through a maze in search of cheese. All goes well--until somebody moved the cheese! Chaos
Kate
This is a book about victimized lower and middle class mice trapped in a corporate capitalist maze, forced by The Man to scurry around, looking for "The Cheese" (salary, 401K, maybe even decent PPO or HMO). Then The Man (maybe Boeing, maybe American Airlines, maybe Monsanto--whoever) MOVES THE CHEESE because it interferes with his quarterly earnings reports or THE CHEESE will be more cost effective if it is shipped to China or Rwanda where labor is cheaper. So what are the mice supposed to do? A ...more
Kevin Fanning
Mar 19, 2010 rated it did not like it
If your boss gives you this to read find a new job.
Rehab
Jan 01, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
فكرة الكتاب ملخصة في مقدمته :
من الذي حرك قطعة الجبن الخاصه بي ؟ هي حكايه رمزيه ذات مغزى اخلاقي تكشف اعمق الحقائق حول التغيير ، انها قصه مسليه
تنويريه تدور حول اربعه اشخاص يعيشون في متاهة ويبحثون عن قطع الجبن التي تمدهم بالغذاء وبالسعاده أيضاً .
اثنان منهم فأران يطلق عليهما سنيف و سكوري والاثنان الآخران قزمان في حجم الفئران ولكنهما يتصرفان كالبشر ويدعيان هيم و هاو
والجبن ماهو الا استعاره مجازيه عما تريد أن تحققه في حياتك سواء أكان وظيفه مرموقه أو علاقه حب أو مركز أو صحه جيده أو سلام العقل و الروح
و
Tony
Sep 23, 2008 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: its author, to be read forever and ever in Hell
It requires a unique sort of demonic skill to take the utterly obvious, lather it with sentimentality, turn it into an animal story, give it a big font and wide margins so that what really ought to be a pamphlet handed out for free on subways becomes instead a "book," and then expect businesspeople to buy it.

Which they did. God help us all.
Archit Ojha
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
Change or get run over !

A great many people have recommended this particular one to me; I did not read.
[Self discovering it from your collection I found out why. I simply had to put your name in the Recommendation Box, Pooja.]

We might be the most evolved species on the planet but sometimes we do over-process. Adapting and forecasting change lurking around the corner is mark of sheer greatness.

The best quote perhaps was curbing the wrong interpretations that might be drawn out : that you should t
Amy
Mar 13, 2008 rated it did not like it
Shelves: non-fiction
For years I have managed to avoid reading the popular book Who Moved My Cheese? However, it was recently recommended to me because I mentioned that I'm not especially enthusiastic about change.

I wish I could un-read this book. I thought it was overly simplistic and rather insulting to any intelligent person. This book contains such clever little proverbs as "He was happy when he wasn't being run by his fears" (in other words, just stop being afraid, and you'll be happy). Ok, good, I'll try that
Ben Briggs
Jan 30, 2008 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: nobody I like
Silly little self promoting book. First third is a bunch of people sitting around talking about this new silver-bullet omniscient business book that changed their lives.

Middle third is this fairy tale that I can sum up in five (5) words: SHIT HAPPENS, GET OVER IT.

And finally the most insulting part is the last third where that group of high-potential future cult followers reassembles and discusses this epiphany of a book that they have read and they all agree to buy copies for all of their fri
Otsu yee
Oct 05, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: someone who is willing to look at themselves and decide how they feel about change
When my boss first gave me this book to read, I was definately in place where I had no interest in even knowing what my attitude was towards change. After taking an hour to read the book, I found it to be ridiculous and that it didn't apply to me at all -- "I had always been an advocate for change, what the hell was my boss trying to tell me?"

After going through some difficult times at work with restructure and having to change peoples' roles and responsibilities, I decided to re-read the story
Ahmad Sharabiani
Who Moved My Cheese?, Spencer Johnson
Who Moved My Cheese? An Amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life, published on September 8, 1998, is a motivational business fable. The text describes change in one's work and life, and four typical reactions to those changes by two mice and two "little people" during their hunt for cheese.
تاریخ نخستین خوانش: پانزدهم ماه فوریه سال 2010 میلادی
عنوان: چه کسی پنیر مرا جابجا کرد؛ نویسنده: اسپنسر جانسون؛ مترجم: شمسی بهبهانی؛ تهران، نشر اختران
Cecil
Feb 26, 2008 rated it did not like it
This book reminds me of an old Groucho Marx routine: Patient: Doctor, I get a stabbing pain in my eye every time I take a drink of tea. What should I do? Doctor: Take the spoon out of the cup. [rim-shot]. Sadly, the lack of ability to see the obvious is pandemic in the corporate world, so I am not at all surprised that this restatement of the obvious was such a major hit in the business world. Not that I am cynical after my life as a corporate prisoner, but my observation is that there really ar ...more
Manny
Oct 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommended to Manny by: Yirlean
Dear Mr. Christ,

I was at that meeting you held the other day up on the hill - I guess you wouldn't remember me, I was at the back of the crowd. Anyway, I really liked it. I gotta admit, some of it kind of went over my head, but it was a great speech. I particularly liked the part with blessed are the cheesemakers, I thought that was inspired. Most people never think about cheese, but I think about it all the time.

Well, like I said, some of it was hard to get, but I talked about it afterwards wit
Evan
This is a book about how two mice named Sniff and Scurry and two miniature humans named Hem and Haw (that's right) are trapped in a maze that serves as a metaphor for the inherent restrictions and viccisitudes of our lives. One day some invisible force beyond their control takes the cheese from a sector of the maze, sending our mice and little people looking for more, if, indeed there is anymore to be had. Sniff and Scurry, we are told, have the right attitude because "they keep life simple...th ...more
Nadeen Alsulaimi
Dec 19, 2008 rated it it was ok
عندما يتغير ما حولنا.. قد نستغربه ومن ثم نغض الطرف عنه.. قد نحاربه.. قد نعيش معه!
تصرفاتنا فرع عن تصوراتنا
التغيير يأتي من الداخل
علينا ملاحظة التغييرات الطفيفة والتنبه لها لأنها قد تؤدي لتغييرات جذرية
الحياة وتيرة من التغييرات علينا التكيف معها والاستمتاع بها ومنحها قدرها من النشاط والانتاجية

الإيمان سرّ التغيير.. وهو سنة الله في خلقه

فكرة تغيير الذات للوصول إلى هدف ما ليست فكرة جديدة على المعتقد الإسلامي
الجديد في الكتاب هو مدى تكيفنا مع التغيير الخارجي المألوف ومدى تقبلنا لأن نتغير بدورنا!

قصة بسيطة
Tran Thanh Tu
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Can't believe it took me only about an hour to finish the book :)

Wow, this book is truly what I need right now! Thank you to the author for such an inspiring and motivational story, maybe it's finally time I realise that it's necessary for me to find my own cheese! by getting into that MAZE out there! :D

This one will never gets old, I assure you, and I highly recommend it to literally anyone!
Mohadese

این کتاب رو چندین بار خوندم. در واقع هر وقت احساس میکنم ی آدم بی فایده بی انگیزه ام میخونمش. حس خوبی بهم میده، ی جورایی تلنگره واسم.
ba
Jun 09, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: buisness assholes
Recommended to ba by: buisness assholes
My 9 month old son has books with smaller type and which make more sense. The author is worse than Hitler.
Andrew
May 01, 2008 rated it did not like it
...Reading this book is like sitting through one of those stupid motivational speeches. It was obviously written as such, and then a loose "story" was thrown over top of the content to make it into a book. I mean, there are points, where you can actually visualize a person showing the power point slides with one of the sayings in the book written on it, trying to pump up the crowd by saying it with force, and the crowd clapping...

The book took me about 45 minutes to read, but it felt much longer
Aj the Ravenous Reader
I blamed this book during the time I was jobless because it was this book that compelled me or I guess goaded me to finally make the decision to quit my job what with its constant glaring advice to go for change. But I also have this book to thank for because if it were not for this book, I would have stuck with my old job and I would not have reached the place I am at now. So, thank you book for coming along my way. By the way, I love cheese.:)
Nancy
Jan 14, 2008 rated it did not like it
Shelves: self-improvement
If you receive this uninspiring, revolting piece of trash from your employer, start looking for another job -- the end is near!

Change is inevitable, but it doesn't mean workers should sit back and accept everything corporate America dishes out.
Diane
Apr 13, 2012 rated it did not like it
Reading this reminded me of why I hate pop psych/pop management books. The writing is terrible, the message is oversimplified and the font is gigantic (an effort to pad the book out to 90 pages, I think). And the intro and conclusion are just a marketing ploy to encourage managers to buy lots of copies to give to their employees. This book could be read in 20 minutes, but I'll save you some time and tell you that change will happen in your life, and you have to deal with it. The end.
Christine
Apr 03, 2007 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: only to people I wanted to insult
Is there a more asinine book on the planet? I'd be hard pressed to find it. That is was a bestseller speaks volumes to the apalling lack of real education in America today. I am fairly certain that they force you to read this book in hell... oh, wait I'm confusing eternal damnation with my office. Sorry.
Mohammed Al-Garawi
Dec 12, 2010 rated it did not like it
The writer did nothing more than put some facts that we all now in a childish story. The book was so cheesy and I didn't like it (pun intended). And what's with the savior persona Dr.Spencer? Chillax okay? "I have changed the lives of millions of people". How about you change your profession and focus on something else other than writing? You like "change", don't you?
Emad Attili
description

أول مرة قرأت فيها هذه القصة الممتعة كانت قبل حوالي خمس سنوات!
استمتعت بها حينها كما استمتعت بها الآن.
هي بلا شك قصة معبرة وذات معنى رائع ورسالة مهمة.
الحياة تتغير باستمرار. يجب أن نتغير معها :)

هناك أمر رائع آخر،
أن القصة قصيرة جداً :)
بمعنى أنها ستُعجب الذين يحبونها والذين يكرهونها على حد سواء!!

أنصح بها.
Nandakishore Varma
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
After his adventure in the maze, Haw wrote a bestselling book about his cheese sayings and sold it in exchange for royalties in cheese. Now he gets all types of cheese simply sitting on his bottom in one corner of the maze while the others run around looking for cheese after reading his book.
Fareya
Oct 18, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
For an inspirational, self-help book, Who Moved My Cheese is an easy, quick read but quite unpleasant too with a very patronizing tone to its narration. I just picked it up out of whim as the Internet is full of positive reviews and praise, so naturally I was curious and also since I had an ebook stashed since forever. But, now after having read this, I am not exactly sure what to make out of it. Well, I am glad I didn't buy and read this and another positive thing was that it was a really short ...more
Ahmad  Ebaid
The review in English down

ملحوظة بسيطة قبل ما أكتب الريفيو باللغة اللي قرأت بيها الكتاب :-

النسخة العربية بتاعة مكتبة جرير مش كاملة مش كاملة مش كاملة مش كاملة :D

, المترجم شايل جمل كتير أوي منها , تقريبا حذف ربعها أو أكتر ,
و لعب المترجم السعودي بالألفاظ ليتحول الكاتب و كأنه إمام جامع :3

****

Spencer Johnson talks in this book " as a received a B.A. degree in psychology from the University of Southern California in 1963 " about the Second important basic needs in Maslow's hierarchy of needs

, " Safe
Aisha AlFalasi
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Am in love with the book it's really really will help me with my career and personal, i will I read it long time ago but as they say better late then never.
Sara Kamjou
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
این کتاب رو واسه دومین بار خوندمش چون بار قبل به نظرم ارزش دو بار خوندن رو داشت!
به نظرم توضیح سمبولیک کتاب از واکنش های ممکن نسبت به تغییر عالی بود.
من این کتاب رو بی نهایت دوست داشتم و دارم. بر خلاف خیلیا که معتقدن توضیح واضحات بوده، نظر من اینه که همه چیز واضحه و ماها فکر می کنیم همه چیو می دونیم اما بیان دونسته هامون، مرورش و ایجاد تلنگر در قالب یه داستان کوتاه و نمادین و به قول خود کتاب ایجاد ذهنیت حرکت به جلو کار راحتی نیست و این کتاب به خوبی از عهده ش براومده!
--------------------------
چملات
  • Fish!: A Remarkable Way to Boost Morale and Improve Results
  • Gung Ho!
  • QBQ! The Question Behind the Question: Practicing Personal Accountability in Work and in Life
  • Being Happy!
  • Go Put Your Strengths to Work: 6 Powerful Steps to Achieve Outstanding Performance
  • Leadership 101: What Every Leader Needs to Know
  • Our Iceberg Is Melting: Changing and Succeeding Under Any Conditions
  • The Legend of the Monk and the Merchant: Principles for Successful Living
  • The Greatest Salesman in the World, Part II: The End of the Story
  • You Don't Need a Title to Be a Leader: How Anyone, Anywhere, Can Make a Positive Difference
  • Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable
  • Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time
  • See You at the Top
  • In Search Of Excellence: Lessons from America's Best-Run Companies
  • The Go-Getter (a Story That Tells You How to Be One)
  • Don't Sweat the Small Stuff ... and it's all small stuff: Simple Ways to Keep the Little Things from Taking Over Your Life
  • First Things First

Spencer Johnson, M.D. left behind a medical career to write short books about life. The most famous was “Who Moved My Cheese?" published in 1998. The book became a publishing phenomenon and a workplace manual. Over 50 million copies of Spencer Johnson’s books are in use worldwide in 47 languages.

Dr. Johnson's

$7.99 $1.99
    $27.99 $2.99
  • Waiter Rant: Thanks for the Tip-Confessions of a Cynical Waiter
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Dakota: A Spiritual Geography (Dakotas)
  • Restless: Because You Were Made for More
    $4.99 $1.49
    $4.99 $1.99
  • I Suck at Girls
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Cesar's Way: The Natural, Everyday Guide to Understanding and Correcting Common Dog Problems
    $11.99 $3.99