Start by marking “Fairy Rock: A Crime Novel in Verse” as Want to Read:
Fairy Rock: A Crime Novel in Verse

Fairy Rock: A Crime Novel in Verse

Crime novel in verse (poetry)
Published September 24th 2019 by Red Squirrel Press

To ask other readers questions about Fairy Rock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fairy Rock

Start your review of Fairy Rock: A Crime Novel in Verse
Bookread2day
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My review on www.bookread2day.wordpress.com Twitter@bookpage5

What’s to look forward to with Fairy Rock .

Fairy Rock is a raw crime fiction novel, with a rare difference, it’s absolutely superb and the first ever crime novel entirely in verses of crime scenes.

Everyone who loves poetry, will adore at least one or more of these crime verses.

I personally loved the whole idea of a crime novel turned into verses. It’s quite difficult for me to pick out my favourite crimes verses.

I think I would
Mary Picken
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the very real joys of writing about books is the opportunity it gives me to pick up something unusual; something I might not normally have gone for but which turns out to be really quite special. Stephen Watt’s Fairy Rock is just such a work.

A crime novel in verse and not only that, but set in the midst of where I live. Not just close or nearby, but in the immediate locality. And it is dark. So dark it is as black as the devil’s soul. All the worst aspects of human life are in this book.
The Reads
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have to be honest I felt like I was taking a giant leap of faith when I signed up for this blog tour. I really love my crime novels, so this is what drew me to this book, it was the element of it being written in verse that had me undecided. However, this only added to its rugged rawness and I ended up enjoying it immensely. This book has led me onto reading another book in verse and I am becoming attached to different art forms in novels. This was an awesome crime novel that definitely was a ...more
Kim
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not being much of a poetry reader when the opportunity appeared to read a crime novel in verse I jumped at the chance to read something different and I was not disappointed.

This is a dark and gritty story that is set in the underbelly of Glasgow. I found this to be a very well written story especially as it was written in verse. I hope this will be turned into an audiobook as I do enjoy verses being read.

If you want something different from your crime thrillers, please pick up this book.