Start by marking “Tin (Faeries of Oz, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tin (Faeries of Oz, #1)

Tin

(Faeries of Oz #1)

Tin is the most famous fae in Oz for all the wrong reasons. Cursed with a stone heart, he is the perfect assassin: ruthless, efficient, and merciless with thousands of kills to his name. When his old friend, Lion, offers him a small fortune to deliver Dorothy to the South for his lover to wear the girl’s head as her own, Tin doesn’t hesitate to accept the unsavory deal.

Do
Published December 9th 2020 by Midnight Tide Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Tin, please sign up.
Amber R. Duell It can be read as a standalone, but there will be 4 books in the series plus the prequel novella. :)

Start your review of Tin (Faeries of Oz, #1)
James
Tin is the first book in the Faeries of Oz series written by Candace Robinson and Amber R. Duell. It releases in the late fall of 2020, and I read an ARC of this one and Lion, the prequel to the series. I've always been a fan of the Wizard of Oz, but now my interest is even more renewed. Who wouldn't love a much more adult-themed version of hungry and vengeful cast of thrilling characters. So.. shall we dive in?

To catch us all up, not all is well in Oz after Dorothy wakes up from her visit. Was
Candace Robinson
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Think, dark and sexy fae meets Return to Oz!
Dianne
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
All he wanted was a heart, but now it has been turned to stone and Tin has become the perfect killing machine, no remorse, no guilt, no caring. When he is given a job to capture Dorothy, he never imagined she would have grown into a feisty and beautiful woman, after all, it had been less than two decades since she returned to Kansas, unaware of the disaster she left behind in Oz. Now, Lion has hired Tin to bring his mistress Dorothy’s head!

Nope, this is not how we all imagined Oz would be back i
Siobhan
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Every so often a book comes along that sounds perfect for me. Tin promised to be that book. It appeared to tick so many of my boxes – a dark retelling of a well-known story, a new fantasy world to enjoy, and the promise of an entire series of the goodness – yet I found this one difficult to get into.

After reading Lion, the prequel, my expectations had dropped somewhat. I thought the prequel would be a dark and sexy introduction to the world, but it felt awkward to me. I did, however, hope it was
Myth
Jan 11, 2021 rated it it was ok
I went into this expecting a fun romp through an oz sequel with maybe some tam lin vibes, and okay, that's on me. It's never actually a Tam Lin retelling. I should know this by now.

This was at least competently edited on a technical level even if every character is terrible, Ozma is completely rewritten, and nothing makes sense.

But again, I should have known this would happen. I am simply too queer for these sorts of books. I just didn't expect to care too much about people to read these sorts o
Sissy Lu {Book Savvy Reviews}
Dark, gritty, and imaginative! A primal Oz like you've never seen before.

Dorothy Gale's life hasn't been the same since returning from Oz. Everyone assumes she's insane for talking about the Emerald City, but Dorothy knows the truth. Ten years later, Dorothy is struggling to keep the family farm afloat, but when the bank shows up, she wishes she were back in Oz. LO AND BEHOLD! A portal opens...

Hooked yet? I was!

After stepping through the portal, things really pick up in the book. Massive world-b
Laurie
Jan 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This sexy, colorfully creative send-up of the world of Oz was the PERFECT pandemic escape. Set ten years in the future, Dorothy is a twenty-something struggling farmer who is abruptly whisked back to an Oz in turmoil. By the tin man. Like you've never seen him (picture the Witcher - with pointed ears - cast in Oz - and yes, he's that delicious ;) Authors Robinson and Duell have wickedly gleeful fun messing with the Oz of our memories and re-envisioning of story and characters with a multitude of ...more
Elaine
I liked the idea of the Oz characters being fae and Dorothy returning from Kansas, but something was definitely amiss. Oh, I know: it was the lack of chemistry between her and Tin. The whole book felt rushed, too.
Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
I've been reading more and more on my kindle here recently because it's lighter, has a built-in light, and it's so much cheaper to buy ebooks. But I always get a physical copy of my favorite books. It makes me happy to see them on my shelves.

So you're probably wondering what the heck this has to do with anything. Well then, let me tell you: 100 pages into this book, I went to Amazon and bought the paperback. After finishing the book, I checked to see how long it would take to get to me because I
Yesha- Books Teacup and Reviews
Jan 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Note: I received e-copy of this book from the author, in exchange for an honest review.

Tin was fantastic action packed retelling of #WizardsofOz that revolved around Dorothy and Tin. It was about good vs evil, finding a place to belong, family, friendship, betrayal and love. This should be to read in order as prequel novella tells where it all started.

World was brilliant and was heart of the book. There were flying monkeys, cursed faeries, poisonous fairy fruits, deadly and creepy wheelers, bad
Daniele Kasper
Feb 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
A dark and sexy retelling of the classic story of Oz. Dorothy is all grown up and her friend the Tin Man has lost his way and his heart. With a heart of stone, he has turned into a ruthless assassin. It was definitely an easy and entertaining read. Perfect for a quick evening break where I just wanted to relax into something fun and different. There were definitely cheesy parts but overall the story was entertaining enough for me to finish it in one sitting and it was a fun way to see what happe ...more
Gerardo Delgadillo
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
TIN.... Tin, tin, tin, how much has he changed after all these years. In this Wizard-of-Oz-inspired story, Tin isn't the shy man we met in the original story. Now, several years have passed and he's turned into a real man, an assassin who only cares about money. So, when also re-imagined Lion hires Tin to capture Dorothy for a big chunk of dough, Tin is IN. What could he lose? Capture a little girl? Piece of emerald pie.

On the other hand, Dorothy has changed, too. Remember that sweet farm girl?
Cara Devlin
Feb 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
Wow, I was instantly obsessed with this book! I loved the continued tale of Wizard of Oz with twists on each character, especially Dorothy, who, ten years after saving Oz and defeating the Wicked Witch of the West, is alone, her aunt and uncle are dead, and her farm is about to be reclaimed by the bank. Not to mention that everyone thought she was crazy when she came back from Oz the first time. But everything in Oz has changed, including the Tin Man (AKA Tin)--now a cold-hearted assassin. His n ...more
Rachel
Jan 18, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an amazing, mindless, sexy time ruination of everything you thought about the Wizard of Oz. I cannot wait for book 2.
Billie
Dec 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a brilliant read.
Wonderful well written plot and story line that had me engaged from the start.
Love the well fleshed out characters and found them believable.
Great drama and romance with wonderful world building.
Can't wait to read what the author brings out next.
Recommend reading.

I read a complimentary advance copy of the book; this is my voluntary and honest review.
Lauren
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
** I received an eARC of this book to review **

I absolutely love this book! It was a great book that had me hanging on to every word and was next to impossible to stop reading! my full review can be found on my blog!

Janet Womack
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I knew I would enjoy Tin as soon as I read the prequel Lion. This is a darker twist on the Oz we all know. Tin is the perfect character for those of us that always fall for the tortured souls. The family dynamics in the story were a total surprise. I can't wait to read the next book. I don't reread many books. But, this series will be worthy of rereading. ...more
Julia (ten_thousand_books)
I was gifted an ARC of Tin by Candace Robinson and Amber R. Duell in exchange for an honest review.

Synopsis:

Dorothy Gale lost e
Didi Oviatt
Dec 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First off, happy release day for this beautiful, bite-sized delight! I’m thrilled to have been given an advanced copy for my honest review, as this story is one of a kind and absolutely captivating. I love spin offs, and this is one of the best I’ve read. It’s a quick easy read, I devoured it in two sittings. What I love best is that it isn’t exactly a re-telling. Tin takes place in OZ ten years after Dorothy's first visit.

‘Tin’ is infact the tin man, except he isn’t made completely of tin like
Jessica Landberg
Oct 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
(3,5 ☆)

This is sort of a re-telling of Oz, but it takes place 10 years after the original and it's definitely not a children's book! We meet our well known characters - Dorothy, Tin, Lion, Crow, Glinda - but they're not quite as we remember them... There's also the Emerald City and the Yellow Brick Road, but it has changed too. Oz has become a lot darker and more dangerous, and it's more violent. The language is coarse at times, and I had some trouble "forgetting" the children's book and only fo
S.G.D. Singh
Dec 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
YES! Retelling at its sexiest BEST! Absolutely loved Tin! Definitely recommend!❤️
Holly
this was super fun!! when I first heard of it, I was SO excited. the fae + Oz? a combination I never knew I needed! I'm glad to say it didn't disappoint. I also loved the elements inspired by Return to Oz which was always a fave movie of mine, even when it scared me as kid. I can't wait for the next book, especially bc it features Crow! ...more
Sofi Alarcón
Feb 01, 2021 rated it liked it

So this book was entertaining and fast, but was the best thing I ever read? No.

The story I have to admit it’s amazing, I love reading retellings but I don’t read a lot of them because sometimes the authors screwed them up, but in this case they didn’t. It was a good retelling I must say, but wasn’t my favorite u think I prefer Dorothy must die.

Like I said it’s entertaining, and fast to read DEFINITELY not YA, I consider NA. There were fun moments, I liked how impatient Tin is, and how D
bookittothelibrary
Ever since I heard about this book I was anxiously awaiting its arrival, everything about it called to me. Being the big Oz enthusiast that I am, I couldnt let this book pass me by and I will say this book has exceeded all of my expectations. I couldnt put this book down, I finished it in a whole day.

The version of Oz they have built is just so creative from the way each character was affected by the original curse, to the different sides and the emerald city being affected. The magic in they ma
A
Jan 02, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
yall.... idk what possessed me to see this book to the last page lmaooo this book is... so so weird.

it's a straight up sequel of sorts of the children's fairytale Wizard of Oz but make it "faes and shit"? for artistic license or some shit I guess?

what to expect:

— you'd meet some of your lovely, familiar characters here who cusses left and right like a modern, millenial
— tin man is a fae. his heart is made of stone/tin but of course he can still get an erection so fuck biology i guess? bc fictio
Nite0wl29
Dec 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Wizard of Oz was a huge part of my childhood. I was obsessed, watched the movie every day, obsessing over the Wicked Witch of the West and the Tin Man. And this story brought back all the feels and love I had for the original story of Oz! It did NOT disappoint.

This story had such a unique (albeit creepy!) take on Oz and the world building was beautifully done as was the relationship between characters. The parental reveals? MIND BLOWING. I never saw it coming even though all the hints leadin
Annemarie
Dec 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an enchanting read. Tin had me from the very first page. The pace was such that I hated having to put the book down as I couldn't wait to read what was happening next.
The characters were well thought out, although nothing like their characters in The Wizard of Oz / Dorothy's Adventures in Oz (depending on which book you read/movie you saw). Except for Dorothy, that is. She is still as pure of heart as she was when she first entered Oz as a child, but there is more to Dorothy than she even k
Jenni
Sep 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I cannot resist retellings, especially if they include Fae, so as soon as I read the synopsis I knew I was going to love this one. I really enjoyed it, I really loved Dorothy and Tin and Crow, but especially Tin.
This retelling was definitely on the darker side, there are some really macabre moments. I really loved that the story had grown up just like Dorothy has in the time since her first visit to Oz.
Tin was a really interesting character and I loved that we got to have some chapters from hi
Jenny Hickman
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dark and twisty take on OZ with faeries? Yes, please.
I loved this unique “sequel” to the Wizard it Oz story we all know and love. I found Dorthy’s character relatable and fell for Tin’s darkness. And the villains were delightfully dark. Collecting heads? Gory in a very good way.

I’ll definitely be looking for the sequel when it comes available.
Bee Loves To Read
Nov 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Review to come
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Of Goblins and Gold (Of Goblin Kings, #1)
  • Kiss the Fae (Vicious Faeries, #1)
  • Enchanting the Elven Mage (Kingdom of Lore, #1)
  • The Faceless Mage (Legends of Abreia, #1)
  • The Unseen Heir (Legends of Abreia #2)
  • Wraith (The Scarred Mage of Roseward, #3)
  • A Deal with the Elf King (Married to Magic, #1)
  • The PAN (The PAN Trilogy, #1)
  • Of Beasts and Vengeance (Twisted Pages, #2)
  • Last to Love (Moonlight Rogues, #4)
  • Dark Tempest (Red Winter Trilogy, #2)
  • King of the Sea (Secrets of Galathea, #4)
  • Bitterburn (Gothic Fairytales, #1)
  • Nightblood (Frostblood Saga, #3)
  • Red Winter (Red Winter Trilogy, #1)
  • Taken
  • Immortal Fire (Red Winter Trilogy, #3)
  • Red Seas Under Red Skies (Gentleman Bastard, #2)
I spend my days consumed by words and hoping to one day find my own DeLorean time machine. My life consists of avoiding migraines, admiring Bonsai trees, watching classic movies, and living with my husband and daughter in Texas—where it can be forty degrees one day and eighty the next!

Sign up for my newsletter to hear about awesome things! http://eepurl.com/dhV0yv

Faeries of Oz (5 books)
  • Lion (Faeries of Oz, #0.5)
  • Crow (Faeries of Oz, #2)
  • Ozma (Faeries of Oz, #3)
  • Tik-Tok (Faeries of Oz Book 4)