Start by marking “Reckless Memories (Wrecked, #1)” as Want to Read:
Reckless Memories (Wrecked, #1)

Reckless Memories

(Wrecked #1)

I loved him before I knew what the word meant.
From skinned knees to first dates and everything in between.
But he was never mine to love.
I settled for friendship, even though I always wanted more.

That was before.
Before he ripped my world apart and didn’t bother sticking around to help me pick up the pieces.
I knit every last shred back together all on my own.
And I’ve
Published May 12th 2020 by Pagesmith LLC
Featured Notes & Highlights

To ask other readers questions about Reckless Memories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reckless Memories

Start your review of Reckless Memories (Wrecked, #1)
Drey
4.5 Stars!

... A story about loss and finding happiness.

What is the one thing that you realized after reading Reckless Memories? That I need to read more Catherine Cowles' amazing stories!

Note: This is a friends to lovers romance.

Ex-sister trope alert. If you're good with it, then you definitely have no problem at all.

Ford and Isabelle were childhood friends. Ford was Isabelle's older sister's boyfriend whom she'd known her whole life. They were inseparable. Ford was always there to comfort a
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Reckless Memories is book one in a brand new series, Wrecked, by Catherine Cowles. Catherine has such a beautiful way of mixing in to her romance that element of danger. Just enough to keep us flipping the pages, not knowing what to expect next. This is the story of forgiveness, trust, love, and finding the person and place where you were always meant to be.

pretty blonde bartender - Google Search

Isabelle (Bell) Kipton has lived on Anchor Island, a tiny island off the coast of Washington, all her life, except for her years away at co
Bibi
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
*Spoilers*

This book and I are incompatible.

1) I dislike the 'falling in love with dead sister's boyfriend' trope
2) It was so damn predictable. Fight me
3) The story was situated in a small island town of 2oo people and I might have nearly died from boredom
4)Lastly, Bell and Ford were bland.

In conclusion, NO.
Samantha Young
Dec 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emotional, authentic and thoroughly engaging! I absolutely adored this story — it had me from the first page. Bell and Ford's chemistry jumped off the pages from the get-go, which is a difficult and impressive thing to do as a writer. Their love story was complicated, heartwrenching and plagued by more than a hint of suspense. Can't wait to read the rest of the series as the secondary characters have great chemistry too. So intrigued!

Catherine Cowles is definitely my fav new-to-me author of the
Meredith Wilson
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-arcs
Reckless Memories is the first book in a brand new series by Catherine Cowles. She writes such beautiful love stories that are packed with all the feels along with an element of suspense that keeps you on the edge of your seat. This story is a compelling and deeply emotional romance that held my attention from start to finish.

Isabelle "Bell" Kipton has lived on Anchor Island pretty much her whole life. Her relationship with her parents is strained because she wouldn't conform to their ways. The
Elizabeth
May 04, 2020 marked it as nope-nope-nope
I hate sister double dipping especially when it seems in this one he loved her sister first and had sex with her. I really wish female authors would find a new bag of tricks that doesnt always make their heroine second best 🙄
Syndi
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Wow!

This book reminds me so much of The Best Kind of Broken. In Reckless Memories,Miss Cowles takes the story into a deeper and serious topic. Trust, forgiviness and overcoming grief are the main topics of this story.

The emotional burden of the main characters are real and raw. I can feel the sorrow, the guilt, the sadness that both Belle and Ford experiencing. Miss Cowles also taker her time to build the romance between Belle and Ford. Slowly and surely, they both find their HEA.

I really do e
Mahima
May 25, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I skimmed through the second half of the book😒. It was full of PAIN. Every chapter had something to gloat about. Why can't ANY of the characters had anything to be happy about.
I honestly felt this really sad vibe coming through out the story🙄

Some of the cringey points were :
◾MC realising the romantic presence of his ex GF's lil sister after the GF died.
◾The lil sister who's the MC was pathetically in love with MC even knowing his love for her sister.
◾The sad sad sad happenings throughout the sto
CristiinaReads❀
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-books
Yet another novel by Catherine that I am excited to dive into...

ARC kindly provided by Catherine Cowles, in exchange for an honest review, coming closer to release date...

InstagramTwitter
Korrie’s Korner
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Catherine Cowles always hits that sweet spot. She does small town romance like no other. I absolutely loved Bell & Ford!

“I hated his pain, wanted to reach out, and pull him to me, but I couldn’t. Because as much as I didn’t want him to hurt, I couldn’t let him close enough to cause me more pain.”

Longtime friends to lovers calls my name everytime. I’m not going to spoil a thing about this story, but it’s not what or how you think. It starts with a total kaboom moment that alters each life involve
The Book Bee
May 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
REVIEW: 4.5 STARS
"When the world made you feel dull, it was such a gift to have someone who thought you shined."

THIS book was so good! So so good!!! It was exactly what I needed to settle into after a long week. I just loved it! I have read every book by Catherine Cowles now, but I can honestly say, I think I've gone full circle with her now. I remember reading Further to Fall and specifically asking for Liam and Ford's books....and here we are. I loved Liam's book, so naturally the wait for
Vanessa (nessreads)
4.5 Stars

What an amazing beginning to a brand new series by Catherine! I love a good second chance romance and this story delivered on all points. As soon as I read the prologue I was hooked, I knew I wouldn’t be able to put this book down until I reached the end.

Isabelle “Bell” was sixteen when tragedy struck, and her life was turned upside down. The one thing that Bell needed most was her best friend. But since he was hurting too, he left and never looked back. Now, more than a decade later Be
Mizz Latte
Theres just something wrong with a women dating a guy for so many years, to the point where everyone thinks they are going to get married, only for her to die and her sister is the "heroine" who has had feelings for the Hero for a long time...uhm...what happened to sister code?

NEVER SLEEP WITH YOUR SISTER'S GUY...even if she is dead

The "hero" was in love with the sister who died so forgive me for not falling for the trope of him loving his girlfriends younger sister
MarvelUsReads
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(4.5 Stars)

Catherine Cowles’ Reckless Memories is an incredible story filled with memorable characters and packed with emotion, which rocked us to our core.

An unimaginable tragedy separated them, leaving a hero ravaged by guilt and a heroine scarred and angry. As they are reunited through fate we witness Bell and Ford begin to heal as they face painful memories, embrace their feelings and learn to forgive. Life soon begins to draw them closer, and they surrender to their undeniable attraction.
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
description

‘Those reckless memories would almost bring me to my knees.’

Catherine Cowles is an author we’ve been really looking forward to reading and Reckless Memories was a wonderful introduction to her works, bringing with it an emotional childhood friends to lovers, a tad of the forbidden – a small town romance with a bit of intrigue and suspense which culminated in story that had our hearts racing towards the end!

‘I’d never have the one thing my heart wanted above all others. Him.’

We do love small town
Mickey (Fictionalden)
This book was just not for me.

Like so the sister dies and then a few years late you meet the MG and have feelings for her and then you realize all this time that you loved her more than her sister who was his girlfriend at that time and died right after he said I Love You.

And then apparently the sister always knew the MG and the hero were in love with one another and was going to breakup with the dude so that they could be together. But then she died. So yeah. This basically sums up the entire
TJ *Book Twins Reviews*
Holy shit! What a page turner! I couldn’t step for a moment because I was so wrapped up in this heart wrenching story. Catherine Cowles is a masterful storyteller. This story is breathtaking! FRTC...
booksara
Aug 05, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: small-town
‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾☆ 3.25 stars ☆☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

well this was okay. I liked the beginning and the family and friends, but it kinda felt short on the romance part. I don’t know what exactly was missing, but I think the transition was a bit choppy. There was a lot of reconciliation, but then there was just relationship, idk. It felt a bit stale after they become friends again. I wasn’t excited or invested. Honestly, they were both just really bland characters 🤷🏻‍♀️

I did like how the author handled the whole “H date
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Amazon | Amazon Worldwide | Apple Books | Nook | Kobo

Bell has gotten over the tragedy that befell her years ago. But when Ford walks into the bar she manages, she finds she's absolutely not over it, at all. "I feel like a bundle of exposed nerves." But somehow, someway, she's got to find a way to work with the man who abandoned her when she needed him the most, because his family's bar needs him, and she cannot do anything to jeopardize the business belonging to the two people who became
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Well this is an emotionally charged story that begins with an initially heart warming prologue that ends in tragedy - this sets the scene for what is to come.

Violet, Isabelle and Ford were thick as thieves growing up together. Violet and Isabelle are sisters and as they cross the bridge of adolescence a romance develops between Violet and Ford. Isabelle is two years younger than them but has her own special friendship with Ford, he is like her big brother - one she develops a huge crush on.

Viole
Anne OK
May 21, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-reads
A new series by Cowles, small beach town, nosy neighbors, feuding families and a sinister crime that begins when the hometown boy returns after an eleven year absence. The Catch is the local watering hole (bar) and ran by the Hardy boys. Childhood friends in the middle of a horrible loss and feelings that have been hidden for far too long.

A solid beginning with an introduction to some interesting characters. It wasn't much different from others you've probably read with the same trope. But the
Booked & Busy Book Blog
Reckless Memories is my first by this author and I was blown away! This heartbreaking love story delivered everything I wanted..forgiveness, grief, and love. There was so much emotional baggage for both Ford and Bell, my heart just broke for them. I love the mystery in the book as well, which kept me on the edge of my seat trying to put all the pieces together. What an amazing start to a new series and for me, a new author to continue reading!
Berry ♡ Nice
DNF @ 87% .... this started dying out for me at 65% but I kept pushing. I pushed to finish it but I finally put it down to read another book (I've actually read 3 books since. LOL) I went back to read some more but at this point. I. Really. Don't. Care. How. This. Ends.
PERIOD.

My 1st by this author and I'm not sure I'll try her again..... But who knows.
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 5 / 5 stars

I had been dying to finally dive into this one. I completely fell in love with Catherine Cowles early this year and quickly read her whole backlist, so I was super excited to start this new series. You guys know how much I love friends to lovers and emotional reads so put them together and we have my perfect book! And this one sure was perfect! It was Catherine at her best - small town romance, a beautiful love story, a touch of suspense, an amazing group of friends and some d
bookspaced
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I‘m a huge fan of Catherine‘s books. I don‘t know how she does it, but I can‘t put her books down easily. You just get so sucked into the world she creates and the characters you come to love in the first few chapters. Also it really doesn‘t help that her covers are always gorgeous!

Bell struggles with the pressure of her family to be more like her perfect sister Violet. Only Violet‘s boyfriend Ford sees Bell for who she is. A tragic accident changes all there lifes drastically. Violet dies, Ford
Athena D.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5 STARS

This is such a heartfelt story between two characters that are still mourning the loss of time and friendship due to losing someone they both loved. Bell and Ford's story gave me all the feels and I'm glad that they get their second chance at something more than the platonic connection that they shared in their youth. Reckless Memories by Catherine Cowles is an EPIC read and will join the ranks of the BIBLIO-ARISTOCRACY!!!

Manoela
4.25 Stars

Reckless Memories is the first book in the new series by author Catherine Cowles, and shows the potential of this series. This book is great and I found myself captivated by this story from beginning to end.

Here we have the story of Ford and Bell, two characters who had an incredible connection and friendship when young but a tragedy of fate ends up separating them for years, until finally years later Ford is called back home and these characters meet again and have to decide whether
mila
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was ok
2.5☆| This book was on my radar because I had heard good things about it but it didn't meet my expectations.

On a positive note I liked the group of friends and the found family trope. The Hardys (H's family) kinda adopted Bell (h) after everything she went through with her own family and it was a beautiful relationship, especially the mother-daughter moments between Kara and Bell. And the friendship was good too and I wouldn't mind reading a book about them, Kenna was like this overprotective gr
Joee (booksandacupofjoee)
This was my first time reading a book by Catherine and I just adored it! It was such a beautiful, heartwarming story about forgiveness, grief and love!!! I found I didn't want to put it down and finished it in a day!

I loved so many things about this book, the characters, their past friendship, the setting, the swoony moments and even that we had a suspensive element! I did figure it out but I was on the edge of me seat..The end was extra exciting! This was such a wonderful, touching story that
Lori R.
Nov 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
What a beautifully written, emotional ride this was! Reckless Memories was so much more than I expected. Actually, I wasn’t sure what to expect. I kinda went in blind, and Catherine was a new-to-me author, so color me impressed when I was immediately pulled in surprised constantly. I never wanted to put this down.

Not only did this story have characters who were easy to fall for, it was full of so much heart & soul, loss & heartache, guilt & grudges, and forgiveness. Lots of forgiveness.

The aut

• Provoke (Seaside Pictures, #3.7)
  • Cutie and the Beast (Cipher Office, #3)
  • Riot House (Crooked Sinners, #1)
  • Cruel Truth
  • The Teaching Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #5.5)
  • Heartland (True North, #7)
  • Idol (VIP, #1)
  • The Friend Zone (Game On, #2)
  • Arrange Me (The Arranged Duo, #1)
  • Stay  (Stay #1)
  • The Learning Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #3)
  • Somebody Else's Sky (Something in the Way, #2)
  • His Weekend Wife (The KNIGHT Brothers #2)
  • Move the Stars (Something in the Way, #3)
  • Pride & Pleasure (The KNIGHT Brothers #1)
  • Lake + Manning (Something in the Way, #4)
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
  • His Royal Highness
See top shelves…
Writer of words. Drinker of Diet Cokes. Lover of all things cute and furry, especially her dog. Catherine has had her nose in a book since the time she could read and finally decided to write down some of her own stories. When she's not writing she can be found exploring her home state of Oregon, listening to true crime podcasts, or searching for her next book boyfriend. ...more

Wrecked (5 books)
  • Perfect Wreckage (Wrecked #2)
  • Wrecked Palace (Wrecked, #3)
  • Reckless Refuge (Wrecked, #4)
  • Beneath the Wreckage (Wrecked, #5)