Start by marking “His Last Ride (A 425 Madison Novel, #12)” as Want to Read:
His Last Ride (A 425 Madison Novel, #12)

His Last Ride

(425 Madison #12)

Cody
She was my childhood friend. The one person outside of my family that I could always count on.
Fate drew us apart, but when my life was turned upside down, it brought us back together.

And, much like when we were kids, she made it right again.

Payton had a way of soothing more than just the wounds that were skin deep.

There’s one small problem, I’m not sure that I want to
200 pages
Published February 10th 2020

To ask other readers questions about His Last Ride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Last Ride

Start your review of His Last Ride (A 425 Madison Novel, #12)
Siobhan
Feb 03, 2020 rated it liked it
His Last Ride is the twelfth book in the 425 Madison series, and as with all the books in the series this one works perfectly fine as a standalone novel. As with all the books in the series, it’s a quick and addictive read you’ll happily power through.

With His Last Ride, I found myself completing the story in a single sitting. I adored the characters and the story and could not put it down. In fact, this one almost got a four-star rating from me. It’s a three-point-five-star rating where my
Nadine Bookaholic
Sweet and sexy romance that brings two childhood friends back together after years of not seeing one another.

Cody and Payton were childhood friends and after spending entire summers together her parent decided it was in her best interest if she stopped going to spend the summers with her grandmother, seriously? I mean who does that, time with grandparents is so precious but that is ultimately what prevented them from seeing one another again. But, just because they didn't see one another didn't
 CCAM&GZM
Feb 10, 2020 rated it liked it
A sweet, quick, easy flowing and catching story.

Its sweetness comes from the "innocence" of the main characters, especially his, and from how the theme of childhood friends romance is handled. He's an open, serious guy ready to work hard for what he wants. Made of book-boyfriend material, he will attract many admirers and not only for his look. He is a translation of the everlasting fascination for cowboys in the real world.

The plot is straightforward but pleasant to read. The climax is prepared
Isha Coleman
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
A friendship of the heart becomes a love story that's as unpredictable as time. Shumway takes emotions on a sentimental journey that idles it's way to a long overdo completion. For Cody and Payton their innocent friendship got complicated by life. When fate gives them a second chance will fresh heartache ruin what could be a forever kind of love? Take a walk down memory lane and lose your heart along the way.
Pamela
Payton and Cody were childhood friends until fate moved them apart. Now Payton is a vet and Cody was in the rodeo until an injury ended his career. The two always cared about each other but their feelings have changed into love. Can they take the chance and have a strong love? A quick, good read.
Cali Gals
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cowboy and New York City? WHAT?! I know, it sounds like an oxymoron but truthfully it makes for a nummy romance. I love how this book takes childhood friends and turns them into a magical story.

Payton and Cody are perfect for each other and they all the feels. I love that our heroine is a vet tech. Who wouldn’t want a woman who loves animals? Cody comes the the rodeo world but unfortunately an injury has ended his career.

The flashbacks from their childhood together is priceless. It sets a
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cody and Payton were best friends growing up until her parents decided to move them away. They both knew what they wanted to do when they grew up and pursued their careers. When Cody finally made it to the top of his career, one wrong incident brought everything to a crashing stop. Now he has moved to New York to start again not knowing that this will be the jump start because destiny is about to bring him back into the life of the one woman who truly gets him. When he and Payton reconnect it is ...more
BlueSeal
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Marcie Shumay may be new to the 425 Madison Series but she is definitely not a new author and I don’t think that you are going to be disappointed with her contribution. His Last Ride is the twelfth book in the 425 Madison Series. Grab your coffee and let me introduce you to 425 Madison’s first cowboy!

Cody is a farm-raised, bull-riding, All-American cowboy from Maine. Why in the world is he living in an apartment on Madison Avenue in New York City? One too many hits from pissed off bulls has
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’m always a fan of romances where childhood friends meet again and become much more! Cody is rebuilding his life after injuries prevent him from continuing a rodeo life so he decides to move to New York City. Once there, he learns from his grandmother that his best friend from childhood, Payton, is also living in New York. Payton loves her life working as a veterinary tech but everything is turned upside down once she and Cody reconnect and they start to realize that the feelings they have aren ...more
Andrea Guy
I really love the 425 Madison series. Its introduced me to so many great authors, that I may

never have given a chance to otherwise. This book is my introduction to Marcie Shumway.

His Last Ride is a childhood friends romance. This isn't a trope I usually read, but it worked out really

well here.

Its a quick, engaging read and the characters are so likable. I felt so bad for Cody as we see his career

end at the start of the story. He was a rodeo star and injuries have forced him out of the
Elaine
The latest addition to the 425 Madison series is this delightful childhood friends meeting again and falling in love. They last saw each other years ago after her parents stopped her going to stay with her Gran for the summer but they never forgot each other – and their grandparents let them know about each other’s lives.

After an injury result in Cody having to stop being a competitive bull rider he moves to 425 Madison whilst he sorts out what to do next. He wasn’t aware how close he now lives
Donise
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Although this book is part of the 425 Madison novels, it can be read as a standalone. This one is about an injured bull rider and his re-connection with his best friend from childhood who is now a veterinarian assistant in New York City and just happens to live around the corner.
Cody decides to move to New York City after a life altering injury changes his career goals. While licking his wounds and trying to figure out what to do next, he discovers that his best friend, Payton happens to not
Jennifer Pierson
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Marcie Shumway is a new to me author, and what better way to discover her talent than with A 425 Madison Novel series. While His Last Ride was a bit short(ish), making it a tad hard to really develop relationships the way I love them too develop, I'm super excited to read her full length stories in the near future. This is the story of Payton & Cody, who were best friends growing up, until she moved away. Fast forward some years, they come across each other's path when Cody ends up in New ...more
Christine C
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Payton and Cody are childhood friends, spending summers together when Payton visits her grandmother. In high school, though, her parents send her away to a boarding school and they lose touch. Cody has followed his dream but loses his career in an instant and moves to NYC, getting an apartment in 425 Madison. Serendipitously, his friend and Payton’s roommate are dating and try to set up the two of them, not knowing they already knew each other.

These two have such a sweet relationship. They both
Amy M. (Amy Loves Reading Blog)
Oh my goodness!!! This book gave all the feels you could imagine! As I finish this book I am left with the most outrageous swoony feeling EVER!

Cody had me from the beginning!!! I could feel his emotions during his ride on the bull and then I could feel each high and low he felt afterward. That opening with Cody and Payton gave you the connection to them that set the connection you feel with them throughout the book! These best friends couldn’t help but make you smile with them! Even during sad
LA
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: have-read-2020
His Last Ride by Marcie Shumway is the 12th book in the 425 Madison Avenue series.

I really enjoyed this childhood friends/second chance story. Both Payton and Cody were characters that you automatically knew were born to be together. Their childhood friendship was so endearing, but when they lost contact with one another it was heartbreaking.

This story is special as it has a lot of heart to it, you can sense how important family is to Payton and Cody and their grandmothers are so cute!The
Charlotte Lynn
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it

His Last Ride is a story of friends who have an attraction to each other but are afraid to take the jump in fear of losing their friendship. Yet, how can two people who belong to each other, love each other, and need each other possibly fight the attraction?

This is the story of Cody and Payton. They were friends as children, always having each other’s backs. Cody’s career as a bull rider has come to an end and his life is unhinged. He has moved to the city, not knowing that Payton also lives
Kari
Feb 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: ipad, for-review, 2020
His Last Ride book 12 in the 425 Madison Avenue series. It's a friends to lovers/second chance romance. For the most part, I enjoyed the story, I thought the couple was cute together and their history made their romance more believable. I also appreciated the slow burn of the romance. The only part I didn't buy into was the "conflict" toward the end of the story. I felt like Payton's reaction was a bit over the top. I also didn't feel like there was enough time spent on Cody's clear PTSD and his ...more
Kari Hansen
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cody has recently moved to NY looking for a fresh start both personally and professionally after both his rodeo career and his engagement came to end. Payton is a woman with a huge heart who loves her job as a veterinary technician and gives the animals she treats the love she has never received from anyone except her grandmother.

Cody and Payton were friends as children until circumstances tore them apart. Now that they are back in the same city at the same time it isn’t too long before their
S
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another phenomenal book from our family at 425 Madison! I've yet to be disappointed and turned off by this series. I've grown to love these characters like friends/family.

Here we get Cody and Payton's story. They're childhood friends that lose touch with one another due to Payton's parents. Then pure coincidence not only bring them back together but sound the corner from one another. Of course just as they think love was on the horizon jealousy and pettiness steps in torturing them both by way
Sherry Sias
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Payton and Cody's story started when they were little. Cody growing up with his grandparents, Payton visiting her Grandma next door every summer till she turned 15. Now grown, Cody is a professional bull rider and Payton a vet tech. When Cody gets a career ending injury, he hides at his grandparents, then moves to 425 Madison in NYC. Unaware that Payton lives there to.
Will the two run into each other? Do they remain friends or take that next step and get their HEA?
This book is amazing. I could
2OCC Reviews
Shelves: marie
Another great story in the 425 Madison Series, His Last Ride by Marcie Shumway has all the elements of an outstanding read. Cowboy, vet tech, childhood friends reunited with lots of feels.

Cody, upon having his lifelong dream crushed, moves to 425 Madison to start his life over. Payton is living her dream of working with animals when Cody comes back into her life. Together their story is one of remembered friendship, growing love and the realization of love.

With a curve thrown in, the story
Magali
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good, but a little too cute for me
3.5
The romance is good, between two childhood friends who find themselves after the accident of one of them. Cody was a rodeo professional, which was his dream from childhood, until an accident with a bull. A year later, a new life begins for him in New York and he meets again Payton who was his childhood friend and who is a veterinary assistant.
The story includes part of Cody's reconstruction in this new life and an important part also in relation to Payton's
N.D. Jackson
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cody and Payton's story was sweet. Very sweet. There wasn't much drama between them though they each had their own personal dramas to contend with. I'm not usually one for a lot of drama but I thinkHis Last Ride could have used a little bit more.
I liked that even though they were good friends growing up and may have even crushed on each other back in the day, this was a more exploratory friends to lovers romance because they had to get to know each other again. As adults.
It was a fun, cute and
Tesh
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story. Cody and Payton are such a sweet couple, friends since childhood, him an ex bull rider and her a vet tech, meeting up again after 10 long years. This had it all, drama and tension, relationship highs and lows, great characters, romance and steam. A real feel good story about finding what makes you happy. Certainly characters I got involved with but have flubs that with all the books in the 425 Madison Avenue series. Really great books!
This was an ARC and I'm more than happy to
LLS
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was another solid offering from this series! Cody and Payton were childhood friends and both cared deeply about each other. They ended up going their separate ways. Cody was a famous bull rider and his last ride became his final ride after getting injured. He decided to move to the city for a new beginning. Unbeknownst to him, Payton is already in the city working. By chance, they meet again and the feelings are still there. Will they be able to be what each other needs? Their story was so ...more
Astrid Rudloff
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily review an ARC.
This is the twelfth book of the 425 Madison series. The books are standalones, but I recommend to read all of them. I just love this series.
His last ride is a cute romance with reliable and loveable characters. Childhood friends, both with a crush than, meet again after many years and it feels like they just skip the missing time and carry on their romance as adults.
It's a really cute and heartwarming story, but there are few obstacles for them, not many unexpected
Teshia Elborne
This was an ARC and I'm more than happy to
Shelves: contemporary
His Last Ride was a quick, enjoyable friends to lovers romance. Even though it is part of a larger series, it stands perfectly fine on its own. I did enjoy the "name dropping" of characters from past stories. Cody and Payton were childhood friends who reconnected after not seeing each other for several years. They had amazing chemistry and I loved watching their relationship unfold. The author did leave Des and Brian's story unfinished so I do hope she plans to revisit them in the future.
Vinessa Wooten
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Peyton and Cody were childhood friends.
They had feelings then but life had other ideas for them.
Cody became a rodeo star
And Peyton a veterinarian in New York .
After a career ending injury Cody decided to move to New York to start a new chapter.
When he learns that Payton is also there he starts wondering.
When they meet up after all these years their feelings of intimacy are stronger. But they have to traverse the friendship waters first.
But when they do it is wonderful a little bumpy in some ways

• All Geek to Me (Words for Nerds #1)
  • His Temptation
  • Billionaire's Fake Bride: An Enemies-To-Lovers Romance (Hamptons Filthy Rich Novel)
  • A Little Bit Cupid (A collection of short stories)
  • The Dare
  • Dirty Letters
  • Miss Understanding (Miss #1)
  • Fighting for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #2)
  • The Honey-Don't List
  • Southern Charmer (Charleston Heat, #1)
  • Taken as Collateral (Mafia Masters, #2)
  • Mister Moneybags
  • Asher Black (The Five Syndicates, #1)
  • Reborn (The Red Ledger, #1-3)
  • Stone Rules (The Stone Brothers,, #1)
  • Forbidden Desires: A Contemporary Romance Box Set
  • Blow Me Away (Keep a Secret #2)
Marcie Shumway is a small-town girl, born and raised in Maine. She resides with her high school sweetheart on a family owned farm just miles from where she grew up. Her hubby and their four furbabies are her first loves, but they are followed closely by her writing, apple pie, and chocolate.

Marcie started writing short stories in middle school for her classmates to enjoy. They were always love

425 Madison (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Must Love Coffee (A 425 Madison Novel, #1)
  • Let Me Love You (A 425 Madison Novel, #2)
  • Just Swipe Right (A 425 Madison Novel, #3)
  • Two For Holding (A 425 Madison Novel, #4)
  • Boyfriend Maintenance (A 425 Madison Novel, #5)
  • Love Under Construction (A 425 Madison Novel, #6)
  • Back For More (A 425 Madison Novel, #7)
  • Accidentally in Love (A 425 Madison Novel, #8)
  • Sightseeing in Manhattan (A 425 Madison Novel, #9)
  • Just a Little More (A 425 Madison Novel, #10)