Start by marking “Acceptance of the Egoist (Egoist #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Acceptance of the Egoist (Egoist #1.5)

Acceptance of the Egoist

(Egoist #1.5)

“You can never win because you don’t want to win. Just admit it. You want me.”
▶▶◀◀
Depravity. Corruption. Immorality.
Sinking deeper into captivity, detective Kuon Leiris longs for the simple human contact from his captor – the Black Duke.
Isolation and emotional numbness corrode his moral values, bringing his pride to its knees until he is grateful for any sliver of kindness

Published November 2019 by Nero Seal (first published October 18th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Acceptance of the Egoist, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Acceptance of the Egoist (Egoist #1.5)
Shin Mon Thway
OMG! Kuon and Yugo are the cutest. 😍 I love it when Kuon let go and submit himself to Yugo completely. And Yugo slipping his mask of indifference and caring for his previous boy with lovingly, tenderly, passionately ... awwwww 🥰🥰🥰 just melted my heart. Can’t get enough of these two. And I’m waiting impatiently jumping up and down for book 2! Yugo belongs with Kuon! 😍

4 Acceptance, devotion and blossoming of love stars

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Jan
Oct 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq, ku
*** 3.5 Stars ***

Shame it was so short :(
Dia
"This 15k word novella is an extra story for Love of the Egoist. It takes place at the beginning of chapter 16 in the main book. Not a standalone.

TRIGGER WARNING

Acceptance of the Egoist contains explicit sexual scenes between men, strong language, dubious permission, scenes of violence, and is intended for adult readers only. Acceptance of the Egoist touches on the hard topic of Stockholm syndrome with all the pain and cruelty that comes along. This book isn’t meant for people with weak hearts
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
This was just an interlude, not even 0.5. So not much to say here. I feel I am being generous with the ratings.
Christine
There’s no denying that these two are hot together.
Even though book 1 pissed me off I still want to know more about Yugo. He intrigues me.
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Love of the Egoist was a fabulous read so I was so excited to hear we were getting a novella to keep us going until we get Obsession of the Egoist. This isn’t a standalone so make sure you read Love of the Egoist first.

This novella exceeded my expectations. I read in one sitting as I honestly didn’t want to put it down.

Your getting nothing about the storyline from me. This is one of those books that you just gotta read yourself.

This author certainly knows how to write the dark that we dark lo
Coco.V
May 08, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (5/8/2020)! 🎁
Taintedskyee (Books Books&More Books)
Waiting for the next book. Anxiously!!
Joseph Tonlet
Holy hell! That’s some seriously dark, completely twisted, and utterly lovely shit right there! Whew!
Renee
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nero Seal managed to exceed my already high expectations. This is the most well written novella I have seen. Not only that, but I have often found bonus scenes do not add much to the original story. This one, however, truly adds to Love of the Egoist, which must be read first.

The character development and world building continued to deepen with Acceptance of the Egoist. I was unprepared for just how much it would as Love of the Egoist already had strength in both areas. It kept me on the edge o
Pat Freeman
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Acceptance of the Eqoist by Nero Seal

Just a little tidbit to carry you over and keep you connected to Yugo and Kuon. Stockholm syndrome is a real thing and is truly being played out in Neros books. Kuon fights hard but is losing the game
, in the end will it still be a game? Will Kuon lose himself or find someone unexpected in his place?

We also see a little more of Yugos business which is interesting. Maybe some welcome intrigue here. Hopefully a little more will evolve in Love of The Eqoist pa
Chellabration
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
I felt cheated reading this.
Everything I felt was missing from book 1 materialized here.
The missing link within their bond... This better explained Kuan's reaction at the end of book 1.

Kuan actually submitting although I would have liked there to have been more instances of this in the actual first book...

I will say that there was too much about Yugo's work here. Instances that should have all been in book 1, as I felt there was too little of his work there. (It was almost an after taught, wh
Lori
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Although I wish this had been in the book originally, it was pretty in character with the rest of it. I still don't understand what Yugo wanted from Kuon besides sex especially after the whole Mio situation unfolded.
Ally Vance
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
Dark and deliciously potent. For a short story it kept me hooked and eager to turn the pages for more.

Intrigue, a battle of wills and a delightfully dark and sexy scene that will make you question yourself for wanting the villain to win this round.

Flowing and elegantly written, Nero is a fairly new to me author that I will be forever stalking for more!
Ashley (PIC -Passionate for the Indie Community ) Allen
What a amazing addition to love of the egoist. The relationship between Yugo and kuon is so wrong but so right you can't help but want more. This addition really added to the story.
Emma Jaye
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More dark, sexy conflict from this pair. Nero packs a huge amount of angst into this short story. Kuon hates, knows he's being changed, being drawn further down into Stockholm syndrome.
He fights himself, the Black Duke and his own desires, but will it be enough to hold onto the man he was and accept the man he is becoming?

Classic, unforgettable Nero Seal.
MsMoxy
5 Stars for Acceptance of the Egotist

This short novella was jam packed full of goodies regarding Yugo’s operation - searching for the treacherous leak in his organization, and Kuon’s emotional journey under captivity.
The power exchange between Yugo and Kuon is so heart wrenching... You want each to concede: Yugo to be a bit more gentle and forgiving and for Kuon to allow himself to explore his attraction to Yugo! But that just wouldn’t make sense in this twisted captivity story. They’re both so
LivreLover
Shelves: favorites
So this was just great! The first book was incredibly steamy which is a pre-requisite for most of my mm romance reads but it’s not just that!

The writing is insanely detailed and sucks you in with all the descriptors, it’s almost like you can taste Yugo’s cigarette smoke in the air and feel the steam off the shower spray at times.

So add on to the awesome writing you have all this amazing character growth (nothing more boring than a static character with no personality) but you’ve got Kuon movi
Annatasia Meehleder
When I started reading this I was really interested in what I was going to find. I honestly didn’t think I would find as much as I did. My expectations were set low so I wouldn’t be disappointed but I was so happy with how this extra piece was ! I felt all of the warmth and love in this part and I’m so glad. I knew that Kuon and Yugo would get THERE.

I also knew that Kuon would accept him eventually even though this started out and just kind of is in general a bad romance. The kind that has reven
Teresa Juckett (Give Me All The Book's)
This is a short quick story based off of Kuon & Yugo's dark and twisted love story that continues from the 1st book Love of the Egoist which you need to read 1st because these aren't standalones. This story was so good I didn't realize just how fast I would read through it until I saw The End and I wanted more. Kuon is struggling with understanding his desire for wanting a man and Yugo is only to happy to help him face his desires in wanting him he just has to give in to him. Also you get to rea ...more
Isabel
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-reads
Acceptance of the Egoist by Nero Seal...

And with this novel, we return to the world of the Black Duke and his criminal organization that is on fire with the possibility of a traitor that is challenging Yugo in his power play.
As for Kuon, he continues in captivity and despite gradually accepting his attraction for Yugo, he debates against these same feelings.
Once again, Nero Seal takes us on an emotional journey with these complex characters. Anguish, anger, attraction, love, flow through the pa
Dara Nelson
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-blog
I'll admit it: I don't need an HEA to love a book, I don't need that white picket fence, ride off into the sunset ending for me to be blown away. Those are nice but they don't challenge me, they don't push me to my limits. The first book in this series pushed me to my limits and then some. It pushed me farther than any book I've ever read. And I loved that. With this novella, you get to pull yourself back onto that cliff that you fell off of at the end of Love of the Egoist and reconnect with Ku ...more
Stephanie   GooglyEyes
I'm having mixed feelings. The writing is good, but this book feels completely pointless. Well, compared to how book 1 ended, I excepted so much more. I'm not even sure if this is based after what happened or runs the same timeline as book 1. If this was after, I want to know what happened to Kuon after the gunshot rang out, damnit. It's like it never happened, so I'm really confused.

**Update**
My Kindle took me right to this book after reading book 1, so I never read the blurb and didn't realize
Candy Varty
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, bdsm
Detective Kuon, and Yugo have become two of my favorite characters. Their lives are so intertwined, that I don't believe death could even separate them. The story is twisted, dark, and so heated, you better have a fan going for these two. At times my heart ached and cried out to each of them. Some moments were touching and heart felt where others were savage and brutal. But they each gave to the other.

Nero Seal is an amazing writer and I have enjoyed his work and I see great things happening in
Blu_As
Shelves: m-m, short-story, dark
He did it again! Teasing us with a short story packed with obsession, craving, insecurity, longing and love. Again! I suck at writing reviews so I will make it short. I don't remember ever reading a short story that was so full of emotions and you feel that Nero really put his heart and soul into every line he wrote. It's not soppy or sweet yet has its touchy moments. I like that it's dark and light. So, well done Nero.
StinaA (Book Haven Book Blog)
Acceptance of the Egoist is a short story to read before #3, Obsession of the Egoist is released. It's just a teaser to show more of Yugo and Kuon's relationship, and we get to see more of Yugo's business.

Kuon is struggling with his feelings towards Yugo and with being with a man.
It's a dark and twisted read, and you will understand why Kuon is struggling. Best of all, it's written in both POV, so we get to understand Yugo.
Anja S.
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Acceptance of the Egoist is a novella giving more insight on not only the main characters of Love of the Egoist (Egoist #1), we also learn more about some other characters and Yugo's business.
I found this a very good addition as it gives the whole story more depth.
As always I am stunned by Nero's amazing writing, the way he draws pictures with words, makes the feelings of his characters visible. Oh, need I mention it's HAWT? ;)
I cannot wait for part two of Egoist in early 2019!
Julie Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog
Taking us back and giving us another look into Kuon and Yugo. Well getting more of a glimpse into the struggles Yugo faces as the Black Duke, Kuon continues to struggle with submitting to Yugo. This made me fall in love with them all over again. A must read,  but only after reading Love of the Egoist first.
Jennifer Campbell
Could not get enough of this story! Be sure to read Love of the Egoist, as this is a novella that takes place as part of the main story. Acceptance of the Egoist gives us a glimpse into the deprived mind of Yugo, and shares with us more of the twisted thinkings of Kuon. If you love dark, twisted, with some Stockholm syndrome and highly inappropriate shanaghans, then this book is for you!
Elin
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was dark, twisted and amazing.
Just the level of details in this and Love of the Egoist. It draws you in, making you easily picture every detail and action.
I couldn't get enough of either books and read them in one go.
It becomes something weirdly beautiful between the two. And leaves you wanting more.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Boss (The Killough Company, #1)
  • Cold Hard Cash (Cold Hard Cash #1)
  • Gilded Cages
  • Wrong Way Home - Criminal Delights: Taken
  • (Watch Me) Break You (Run This Town, #1)
  • Rich Kids 2 (Rich Kids, #2)
  • King of the Dark (The Prince's Assassin #1)
  • His Fake Prison Daddy
  • Under His Heel (Under His Heel, #1)
  • A Kidnapping (Under His Heel, #2)
  • Lucien (The Marchesi Family, #1)
  • The Boss's Christmas (The Killough Company #1.5)
  • Secrets & Lies
  • The Freshman
  • Feel My Pain
  • Prince's Master (Masters #1; Calluvia's Royalty, #4)
  • Sinner's Ransom - Criminal Delights: Taken
  • Angelo (The Marchesi Family #2)
Journalist, poker player, casino events manager, designer, and SEO specialist, Nero Seal tried it all before committing to the idea of being an M/M fiction writer. Living in one of the most homophobic countries in the world, he has a lot to say. Being an avid traveler, he creates his imaginary worlds from the places he’s been and the people he’s met.
Characters always talk in his head, forcing him

Egoist (2 books)
  • Love of the Egoist (Egoist #1)
  • Obsession of the Egoist (Egoist #2)

News & Interviews