Start by marking “Within These Four Walls” as Want to Read:
Within These Four Walls

Within These Four Walls

“Every word written in this book was written from within the confines of my home. Spanning over nearly three years this book is a testament to my time being housebound and proof that despite all the suffering, there is always happiness to be created, peace to be unearthed, and a life to be lived.

A journey of self-discovery and personal growth, I hope this book may offer
Published November 2019 by KDP

To ask other readers questions about Within These Four Walls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Within These Four Walls

Start your review of Within These Four Walls
Jenny F
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I follow this young lady on Instagram (@mindfullyevie) and love the way she writes. Her book does not disappoint - each page is more beautiful than the last and I could not put the book down. “Within these four walls” will be next to my bed so it is within arm’s reach for whenever I need some positivity and encouragement when life gets tough. It’s lovely and I am sure this will not be the last book from this talented author.
Rosalyn Oxer
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am struggling to explain just how much I got from this book but I will be buying it for friends and family because it so eloquently sums up what I want to say but have never found the words for.
I know I’ll reach for this book time and time again.
Jen
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Evie is a beautiful soul, exuding calm through her writing. Somehow she makes you feel that everything will be ok. A must read as the world needs more Evies!
Izzy
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book, a wonderful collection of pieces that provide words of calm and wisdom that resonate whether you have a chronic illness or not. Beautifully written and moving, it will be my go to when I need a bit of daily mindfulness or a pick me up on an overwhelming day.
Robert
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A delightful book, really thought provoking and with lots of passages that offer great insights into being happy and accepting what life throws at you. I found it beautifully written, and quite amazing that the author can offer such wisdom from their own personal journey as detailed in this book. I really enjoyed the pieces in "The Calm", but each reader is likely to relate to different sections depending upon their own circumstances.
Rachel Stevenson
This is an amazing book that I would urge anyone to read, whether they’re going through a difficult time or need some inspiration to cultivate gratitude.

Evie has severe ME and chronic Lyme, has not left her house in 3 years, and is currently bedbound.
Yet she has managed to write a beautiful collection of pieces, with letters, journal entries and poems on what it’s like to live with this extreme level of chronic illness, and what she has learned. She shares the words that help her to keep going,
Emily
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Within These Four Walls is a wonderful read that is full of wisdom, hope and humility. It is full of short, easy to read 'pieces' which I believe will resonate with anyone, not just those with chronic illnesses.

Evie has a beautiful way of putting into words the complexities of life and emotion. Rather than being a narrative about Evie's story, Within These Four Walls is written in a way that you can dip in and out of depending on what is going on for you - it is something I will keep coming
Mrs H
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Evie is truly inspirational and her writings reflect her talent and heart. This collection is heartbreaking and, at the same time, uplifting. Everyone should read this.
Julie Hardman
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’ve only read a few pages so far buts it’s just what I need to lift me up and remind me life is beautiful even when facing lots of hardship. Evie is so inspirational and so good at reminding us to see the good in life no matter how hard it might be
Daledonna
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Written from perspective of someone housebound with Chronic Fatigue syndrome. Very well done, and exactly whst i needed at this time. If you are suffering from any Chronic illness i would recommend it. Its not a how to. Mostly poetry and short essays, but so poignant and she's captured the feelings of despair isolation, etc while giving hope.
AJ Balmer
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
It is predominantly poetry.
Ed
Ricky McConnell
Nov 05, 2019

• The Queens of Animation
  • Gods of Jade and Shadow
  • The Great Pretender: The Undercover Mission That Changed Our Understanding of Madness
  • A Girl Behind Dark Glasses
  • Wild Game: My Mother, Her Lover, and Me
  • Don’t Go There: From Chernobyl to North Korea—one man’s quest to lose himself and find everyone else in the world’s strangest places
  • The Gendered Brain: The New Neuroscience That Shatters the Myth of the Female Brain
  • Modafinil (Provigil): A User's Guide Based on My Experiences with the Ultimate Study Drug
  • Watching Over You
  • The War on Women [Aug 11, 2016] Lloyd-Roberts, Sue
  • The Greenway (Mike Croft, #1)
  • The Empowered Empath: A Simple Guide on Setting Boundaries, Controlling Your Emotions, and Making Life Easier
  • Night School
  • Where The Story Starts
  • Ian McKellen: An Unauthorised Biography
  • Godsquad (Clovenhoof #3)
  • The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life: Before 8AM
  • Don't Lie to Me (Eva Rae Thomas Mystery #1)
At twenty-two years old, Evie is the writer behind the well-loved “Mindfully Evie” blog and Instagram/Facebook accounts (@mindfullyevie). Due to suffering from severe chronic illness (M.E and Lyme’s disease), she has been left too ill and fatigued to leave the house since November 2016. Despite this, Evie has never been happier or more peaceful. Often referred to as “wise one” by her followers, ...more