Start by marking “Final Play (Fake Boyfriend #6)” as Want to Read:
Final Play (Fake Boyfriend #6)

Final Play

(Fake Boyfriend #6)

It’s a vacation none of them will forget.

Before their futures become the present, Noah convinces his friends they need a group vacation—a final play before they’re all tied down by responsibility and unyielding schedules.

Everything is changing.

Marriage.

Kids.

Careers.

A trip to Fiji is the last hurrah to end all hurrahs. And from disastrous marriage proposals to grand
Published November 23rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Final Play, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Final Play

Start your review of Final Play (Fake Boyfriend #6)
☆ Todd
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing

"THE BIG SUPER FAKE BOYFRIENDS EPILOGUE"

This story was such a blast and I'm thrilled that Eden decided to write this five-epilogue book to more tightly wrap up the futures of all of the "fake (and not-so-fake) boyfriends" that we've come to love over the course of this series.

The book contained all of the signature humor and irreverence of the series, along with a good deal of steam; however, it also covered more serious subjects, such as proposals, weddings (and non-weddings), career changes,
Wendy

Everyone who knows me, knows that I am a big fan of closure. Especially when it comes to the stories I read. A book with an open-end gives me hives. I can't help it... I am special that way :P

My Mom Says I'm Special On The Inside. GIF - JohnTuckerMustDie MomSays - Discover & Share GIFs

Now imagine my level of giddiness when I received this awesome conclusion of the "Fake Boyfriend" series. A huge epilogue for all parties involved!!

This book gave me warm and fuzzy feelings all throughout.

Warm Fuzzy GIFs | Tenor

It also left me a bit sad though...knowing we have finally come to an end.

That said, I am sure that
~Mindy Lynn~
4 Stars!

I didn't think I needed anymore closure for any of these couples and for a couple of them I didn't, but for the few I did I was really happy to get them.

I really did enjoy this entire series and the men I got to know along the way. I mostly enjoyed reading about Max and Damon and how their proposal went. It was funny and so them.

I was happy to get more of Noah and Matt to see how they came upon getting custody of Matt's youngest sibling and how adoption became an option.

There wasn't a
Sahitya
Since the day Eden announced that there would be a final short story collection for the series, I have been very excited for it and spent the last two days checking my kindle to see if the ARC dropped. And once it did, I had to read immediately though it was late in the evening because there was no way I was gonna wait.

Noah and Matt are amazing together and it was wonderful to see Noah become such a different person from how he started. But this story was more about Matt coming to accept that
Cadiva
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
The start of the rest of Noah and Matt's lives is a short introduction to how the guys ended up with both a baby and a teenager at the time of book five.

It's short and sweet and demonstrates the absolute commitment they give to each other and how much love is in Matt's heart for the siblings he was forced to leave behind.

Wonderful, I can't wait to read the rest of the gangs' beginning next steps.

#ARC kindly received from the author in return for an honest and unbiased review.
Leslie
"It’s like herding cats, honestly. But in the hustle of trying to organize us, the photographer takes candids. I already know the photo that will be framed on our mantel won’t be the last shot—the one where we’re all standing straight and smiling at the camera. It’ll be the one where Talon has me in a headlock. The one where Matt and Noah are fussing over their baby girl. Where Maddox and Damon are kissing, Lennon’s looking up at Ollie lovingly, and Jet’s sticking his tongue out at Soren while ...more
Ky
The final act to this amazing series was well worth it and I'm glad the author decided to give it to us.

The book is devided in five parts (one for each couple) and the timing is fairly wide. It starts a few months before the trip they took all together in Fiji, explores their time there from the perspective of different couples and it takes us all the way to a few years after the end of that significant trip.

One thing that is common in all the parts is that they show the development of each
Mwanamali
Nov 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Series of epilogues for the couples through the series. Still believe Jet and Soren didn't need a whole book. Frankly this sappy cheesy af cash grab was also unnecessary. The only thing the fake boyfriend universe needed was a Matt and Noah sequel.
haletostilinski
What a wonderful way to end this wonderful series, with short snippets into every couples lives and how they solidify their HEA.

First couple we get:

Matt and Noah:

Their story in this happens before the trip to Fiji that takes place in the beginning of Jet and Soren's book. We find out that months before then, one of Matt's sister called him came to Chicago, 17 years old and pregnant. She is looking to adopt...at first.

And that brings up questions of Matt and Noah having kids. They've been
iam
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, plus-mini-me, lgbtqia
What a lovely epilogue for a fantastic series!

Content warnings include: sex on-page, paparazzi, characters go to a strip club, characters get drunk.

I often have a hard time saying goodbye to characters when I read an entire series with them, and the end of the Fake Boyfriend series with the release of Hat Trick earlier in November was no exception.
Therefore my delight at hearing there will be a final book, featuring an epilogue and HEA for each couple of the series, was limitless.
And Final
David Alexander
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finley
~4 Stars

My rating excludes the stories from Damon & Maddox, Matt & Noah and Ollie & Lennon as I have not read Fake Out, Trick Play, or Deke.
Kathryn Manzella
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Final Play catches us up on all the previous characters of the series. They are all going on a "Final Play", a last soiree before life changes too much to live wild and free, drunk and fun on an private Island. And we get a glimpse into what happens after. Its amazing!

In part one, Matt and Noah have some unexpected revelations about how they want thier future to look like. There is a lot of drama in here surrounding Matt's family. Emotional moments of hurt but also joy. And the sexy and sweet
Lily
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. It was nice to see EF's characters again as they deal with issues and lovingly jab each other with quips. But if you read the previous book then nothing in here is new. We already know their HEA stories so it's kind of boring in that regard. Especially Damon and Maddox's story. But there was a pretty fun wedding story, so still worth a read.
Kelsie
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve loved this series a ton and this was the perfect ending for them all.

Kind of hoping she does something with Harley...? Maybe?
AussieMum
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Awwww. This is a sweet epilogue where we get to see everyone’s HEA.
Emalie
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a bittersweet read because it meant saying goodbye to one of my favourite series. I love the way Eden Finley concluded all the stories and also that my favourite couple get the most pages/chapters.

I really hope she writes more stories in this universe and maybe we will be able to get another lock at our favourite characters.

Rating: 4,25 stars
julia ☆ [owls reads]
Not rating it since I only read the Jet/Soren chapters, but I can definitely say it was cute and sweet and lovely and the happy ending they deserve <3
Alexleo
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This Book wraps up on a few loose threads left from all the many books that may up this series so definitely not a stand-alone book.

Heat level: 4
Sweetness/cuteness/romantic level: over the top

Matt &Noah - their story plays a few months prior to the Fiji vacation of Hat Trick and the trope focuses on blood family vs chosen family and on how the two may coincide or collide. Finally all the burdens of Matt’s past are cleared and they can start a brighter future building a family of their own.
Annie
The Fake Boyfriend series has been a favorite of mine since the initial release, so although each story didn’t need more of a resolution, I was more than happy to spend more time with the “gay brigade”. This collection of shorts acts as extended epilogues, building off the group vacation to Fiji featured at the beginning of book 5, Hat Trick. I know I shouldn’t have been surprised, but I initially worried it might feel overdone or repetitive. That wasn’t the case in the least. I enjoyed the time ...more
Ysera
Nov 29, 2019 rated it liked it
- Fake Out - (3.5)
- Trick Play -
- Deke -
- Blindsided -
- Hat Trick - (3.75)

(3.75) - I liked it.

So emotional, I can't write a lot more than this. It was beautiful but painful to read every time I saw a new part-couple coming up. Like... saying good bye to all of these guys? Ugh. And that ending, I'm still in tears. Forever thankful for this series. Thanks, Eden
Kendra T
This was the perfect ending to an amazing series. I loved knowing more about all of the couples I have come to love in the main books. Each pair of couples got their own little section in the book to show us what is going on with them since their book finished, what their future plans are, and whether or not there is marriage or kids in their future. I thought this was super awesome and I loved it. One of my favorite parts, though?? The cameo from May Archer's O'Leary series. I loved it!

I am
Halle Reads
5/5 Stars

I feel like it should be mandatory for every companion novel series to end with one Final Play aka bonus epilougues for all our favourite couples.

This was such a joy to read. I loved getting one Final glimpse of how all these boys are going to live their HEA's and my heart is so full right now. I loved it.

Matt & Noah
Damon & Maddox
Ollie & Lennon
Talon & Miller
Soren & Jet

This is by far my favourite M/M series and I love all these boys so much. I cant wait to see
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
One Final Play - one final trip before four sets of friends move on in their lives and quite possibly in directions that move them apart. The couples that we have all fell in love with when they had their own stories make us all take deep breathes and watch them go through life changes. Some are career changes, some involve children. While others involve actual marriages and yet some no marriage at all. Each and every story intertwines the group and brings strengths to each and every ...more
Jennie
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was great to be back with all the guys, seeing the Fiji trip from the different points of view and learning what they were up to.
I loved watching all their relationships evolving and moving forward.
The wedding was perfect..
This was a sexy, romantic,feel good perfect ending to an amazing series.
I would love to see Harley get his hea. I really hope he gets a book. New spin off series?? Please!!
Ing
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I, a million times love this series and this was the perfect send off book for all the guys from the Fake Boyfriend series. I love a great epilogue so this, this, this was perfect. Thank you Eden for giving the fans this peek into the boys lives after their HEA. I got teary eyed, chuckled, swoon and just sighed happy sighs a lot while devouring this final book for the boys of this series.
SMJC
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm sad it's over

This really was a great series. From the first book to this one. Talon & Miller still crack me up. It was awesome to see them grow as couples and the choices they made. Be it to get married or not, to have kids or not. I still say we need a Harley book, he needs his HEA.
Athira
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbt, awesome-saga
I'm so glad Eden decided to write a book containing HEA's for all five couples. It's so perfect, I have no words to describe it. I devoured this book. I was so sad to read the last page. This book was full of feels. Obviously this is not a standalone.

“In the words of a great philosopher, ‘If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.’”

Aww fuck, I’m crying.

He leans in and whispers, “That great philosopher is Winnie the Pooh, by
ConM
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent coda for this series. Loved.
Jojo92
Perfect
Elizabeth
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wish all author's did this at the end of a series. Im sad to see the characters go but it's great to get a nice sweet little wrap up. This book was just that, HEA's with big red bows on them. Greatly enjoyed it.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • Mr. Right Now
  • The Guy in the Window
  • The Christmas Deal
  • Reunion (Ace's Wild #7)
  • Best Man (Close Proximity #1)
  • Reindeer Games (Ace's Wild, #6)
  • Starting from Scratch (Starting From, #2)
  • Rocket Science
  • Unscripted
  • A Boyfriend for Christmas
  • Heart2Heart: A Charity Anthology, Volume 3
  • After the Crash (Small Town Hearts #1)
  • Game On (Fever Falls #5)
  • All for Wesley (Pineapple Grove #2)
  • Bailey (Confessions, #6)
  • Christmas in the City
  • Scarification (Irons and Works #6)
Eden Finley is an Amazon bestselling author who writes steamy contemporary romances that are mostly full of snark and light-hearted fluff.

She lives to create an escape from real life for herself and her readers.

She's also an Australian girl and apologises for her Australianisms that sometimes don't make sense to anyone else.

Fake Boyfriend (6 books)
  • Fake Out (Fake Boyfriend, #1)
  • Trick Play (Fake Boyfriend, #2)
  • Deke (Fake Boyfriend, #3)
  • Blindsided (Fake Boyfriend #4)
  • Hat Trick (Fake Boyfriend #5)
“I can’t believe my best friend from college fell in love with me.” 0 likes
“Because I’m gonna love you in every shape, every age, any which way you are for the rest of our lives.” 0 likes