Start by marking “Striking Distance (Love Undercover, #2)” as Want to Read:
Striking Distance (Love Undercover, #2)

Striking Distance (Love Undercover, #2)

She’s a damsel in distress.
I’m supposed to protect her, not desire her.
Especially since she’s my sister’s best friend.

Estelle

I never imagined I’d get caught in the crossfire between the police and the Mexican cartel. After a failed kidnapping attempt, a bodyguard attaches himself to my hip.

Why does it have to be Victor: my best friend’s brother and the man I’ve had a crush
Published February 20th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Striking Distance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Striking Distance

Start your review of Striking Distance (Love Undercover, #2)
Stephanie Crews
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Is there anything LK Shaw cannot write, just when I think, wow she sure has outdone herself, I get the next book and am amazed how she does its, every book just keeps getting better. You for sure have to read Love Undercover first, it will make this book so much more fun if you know the back story. In this book we get the story of Victor and Estelle, their story will keep you reading until the end and have you on the edge of your seat hoping they will get their HEA. Their story line is very inte ...more
Rhonda
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Every time I think LK Shaw can't outdo herself, she does!! I've followed this author from her first book and I can honestly say, with every book she grows more and more as an author and I look forward to each book. This is the second book in the Love Undercover series and I loved it. Drama, mystery, intrigue and a lot of action fill this book and it kept me turning the pages to see what was going to happen next. Estelle and Victor are hot together but their's is a rocky start. He becomes her bod ...more
Anne Donaldson
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book could be succinctly described as amazing. Victor is gentle, protective, sexy, swoonworthy, the kind of man I would think anyone would dream of as a protector, and Estelle – imagine growing up with those men as your best friend’s brothers! Estelle is relationship-averse (with the parents from hell), while Victor sees a future with her, when he is one of the first responders to her attempted kidnapping. Although this is the second in the series, you don’t need to have read the first to b ...more
April Symes
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Striking Distance is the 2nd book in L.K.Shaw's Love Undercover series. This continues Victor and Estelle's story. Although this is bk 2, this can be read as a standalone.
The plot is fantastic, action is packed and flows from start to finish; the chemistry between the main characters is sizzling.
Victor and Estelle's story isn't an easy one. There's drama, angst, revenage, suspense, secrets, intrigue and of course- romance. Great read and I look forward to reading more in this series.

My Rating
Jennifer  Tyronney
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Striking distance

The latest novel gifted to us by the wonderful L K Shaw is not to be missed! Although you don’t have to have read Love Undercover, it does make this story even better to have met and loved some of the characters before.

We return to the world of Brody and Ines and the looming danger of Alvarez. Our two central characters Víctor, the serious, devastatingly handsome, headstrong policeman, determined to prove himself and Estelle, the feisty, fiercely independent and equally headst
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

When his sister's best friend, Estelle, finds herself in danger, Victor assigns himself her protector, and dormant feelings between the two flare to life.

Estelle has crushed on her friend's brother since she was a teen, and being thrown into uncomfortably close proximity to him now isn't helping that crush. But there's someone out there who's trying to get to her, and it will only add to the intense feelings that she is starting to realize Victor shares with her.

I always love reading friend
Jenn Bonfadini
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
L.K. Has done it again and wrapped us up in a world of suspense and intrigue. Victor and Estelle are solid characters, trying to navigate a world where they fight their enemies and deal with their feelings for each other. Estelle doesn’t do relationships. Her parents are messed up addicts who didn’t care about her at all. She spent more time at the Rodriguez house then at her own. When Estelle’s life is threatened and she goes to stay with at the Rodriguez house, things with Victor change. When ...more
Maureen Ames
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Striking Distance is the second book in L.K.Shaw's Love Undercover series. Even though this is the second book in the series it can be read as a standalone. Victor and Estelle's story is full of action and underlying attraction to each other from.the start. The story flows nicely and the characters work together to making Striking Distance a great new read. If you like an action read, Striking Distance and the Love Undercover series is for you.
Phyllis Lopez
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Story of Victor Rodriguez and Estelle Jenkins kept you on the edge of your chair from Chapter one right to the end! A story of revenge and intrigue involving a Mexican Cartel leader. Beautifully written! It was like being on the most exciting rollercoaster! You never knew what was around the next corner. Loved the whole Rodriquez family! L.K. Shaw is a Gifted writer! You must pick a copy of this book up, you will not regret it!
Suzana
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 "She fit perfectly in my arms, her soft curves against my hard edges" stars

*ARC generously provided by the author and I'm leaving an honest review*

This book (and series) should read every romance/romantic suspense lover. The plot is so cleverly well-developed and well-written. The writing just flowed and had me engrossed to the story from start to finish wanting to find out what happens next. I enjoyed every minute of it and never wanted it to end. I fell for the characters primary and seconda
Chris
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Striking Distance is the perfect combination of good writing, a storyline filled with suspense and intrigue, and memorable characters that have smoking hot chemistry together!

It is a faced paced story as Victor, a cop, tries to protect Estelle after too many dangerous coincidences are happening around her. In order to keep her safe they are now staying under the same roof. Estelle is his sisters best friend so they have history together but after dancing around a mutual attraction towards each
Linda
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Shaw is a definite go to for me! I have not read one of her stories that I was not thoroughly and satisfyingly entertained. The depth of her characters make me feel like I've known them forever. And, yes, enjoyed Estelle, but, have another new book boyfriend! Thanks Victor for being a totally awesome alpha (not over-bearing!) Good thing my husband is not jealous of my book boyfriends, LOL!

If you enjoy a great romantic suspense, I think you might enjoy this story!

I received an advanced read
Cindy Hughes
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book has everything you could want! There’s enough drama, suspense, twists and turns, danger, action and romance that keeps you reading end! Estelle and Victor were made for each other. They both had feelings for each other but didn’t act on them until danger brought them together. Victor was going to do everything in his power to protect her. Striking Distance is a fantastic book in the Love Undercover series! I can’t wait for the next book in this amazing series!
Margaret Corcoran
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this sweet, sexy, well written and engaging story. All the characters are very rounded and real. The storyline is realistic even though the characters are in unusual circumstances. Estelle and Victor have both have the hots for eachother but have never acted on it. I did not read the first book in this series but I would like to. This story can easily be read as a standalone. I hope that there will be a third book in this series. I voluntarily read an advanced reader copy of this book ...more
Lynn Stifle
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really loved this story. This is my first time reading anything by this author and it certainly won't be my last. From the start, the author pulls the reader into the story and engages them. I loved Victor and Estelle, their story is a rocky one and their chemistry was palpable. This story is filled with suspense, revenge, passion and wonderful characters. A wonderful page turning read and one I definitely recommend.
Pam James
I was reading this during a very busy time for me. I could not stop reading it. I just had to know what was going to happen next. Wow wow wow!!! So Good! Victor so reminds me of my husband in personality. And the way he treats Estelle. So many emotions right now. You can tell that Victor is so in love with Estelle. It comes through with his actions. It is such a romantic book. The suspense is palpable. If you love a great Romantic Suspense you Have to get this book! From a True Fan... Pam James.
Kerry Pruett
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love a story that has the characters have a back story. It is always amazing how they come together from being friends to lovers to soul mates. The back and forth between the characters is always great. Victor and Estelle fit this perfectly. I so enjoyed the danger around the corners, and never knowing for sure what will happen next. Victor and Estelle for sure didn't disappoint with their smoldering sexiness either. A great sexy adventure
Latifa Morrisette
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Striking Distance is book two in the Love Undercover series and it is Victor and Estelle's book. From the very beginning we get a taste of action and the storyline gets intense. I absolutely loved this book and I'm excited to read more!!
Victoria Weston
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've read books by this author before and I really like her style of writing and I really enjoyed this book too. I read it in one sitting it's fantastic.

This book is book 2 in this series love undercover series. Book #2 Striking Distance

Estelle has had a lot of hurt and sadness in her life especially from her parents, Estelle is used to taking care of herself and doing what she had, she never wanted to rely on anyone for anything.

Victor is a very sexy, strong alpha male and he really cares for E
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 Cranky Stars

Estelle was used to taking care of herself. She’s never relied on anyone to make her happy, keep her safe or provide for her. Her parents were the most useless human beings using her as a pawn in their bitter divorce even years later. The only family she had to depend on was the Rodriguez family. Her and Ines were the best of friends but with that territory came Victor. Estelle’s carefully crafted life was halted when an attempted kidnapping goes down and she finds herself in the m
Pelusa Rivera
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is not an author that I really have read a lot about but she won me over with this book. I love romantic suspense books but to be honest with you, lately it has really been all about the rom-coms, so it was a nice change of pace and I am glad that I chose this book to do it with...We meet Estelle who has had a crush on Victor for years however she doesn't admit even to herself, and especially since she doesn't really believe in relationship regarding love. When things do not go as planned a ...more
Deanne Taylor
Feb 19, 2020 marked it as to-read
Way to write a story here! If I was an Author I'd wanna be like LK Shaw......she gives all the feels with her books and 99% of the time she gets me in some way! I mean not like I don't love it because honestly I like having a story that's not the same old formula all the time.....I have the patience of a 2 year old on a sugar high, lol.
But about the story.....Estelle has maybe, possibly had a thing for Victor all these years. But for a woman who doesn't trust relationships or any kind of love it
Gladys
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thought that this book had a perfect balance of emotion and excitement. Victor and Estelle were very likable characters that made a great couple that was easy to root for. The story will keep you have you in a constant state of anticipation as there is plenty of drama, danger, tension, action, suspense, heart and heat. An all around very entertaining read. I am posting a frank, elective review.
Sylvie Rochon
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, military-men, 2020, hot, dark
This is my first read from this author and it is not the last. I absolutely loved it. I have not read the first of this story yet, I will. However, I was not lost in the story at all. The plot is intense, intriguing and there is a lot of chemistry between Estelle, a school teacher nearly gets abducted, and Victor the cop/old family friend who protects her. It's heart warming and a great read!
I received this free book from book funnel for a fair and honest review!
Julia Leonard
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Victor and Estelle are quite the pair.
Their story is extremely complicated of course.
In the end everything will turn out as it should.
LK has outdone herself on this latest masterpiece.
Looking forward to more of her fabulous stories.
Donna
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Striking Distance is a sweet and sexy romantic suspense that will leave you breathless. The chemistry between Victor and Estelle is of the charts. Watching them grow toward each other was exquisite torture. A terrific tale of love and intrigue.
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ree
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In another action-packed story, L.K. Shaw draws us back into the world of the Rodriguez family.

After the teaser that the author gave us at the end of book 1, I was eager to read Estelle's story. It seemed to have all the markers that I love: best friend's brother, suspense, lots of action, drama, heat & romance. I am glad to report that it did not disappoint.

From the opening line, I was hooked. I kept reading, looking for the next increase in the level of excitement. I can't recommend this book
Pamela (Dreamer's Books)
Estelle is best friend to Victor's sister and in trouble with the mexican cartel. She always had a crush on Victor. Now Victor is her bodyguard after an attempted kidnapping. Victor tries to avoid his attraction to Estelle but the closeness they share while on the run makes it impossible to ignore. A good read with plenty of suspense and action.
Gin
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
While there were definitely some action-packed moments near the beginning of the book, I felt this was more a slow build to the climatic chapters.
I received an ARC and am voluntarily leaving an honest review.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Black Light: Roulette War
  • Striking Distance: A Cartel Romance (Love Undercover Book 2)
  • Black Light: Brave
  • Rough (Wolf Ranch #1)
  • Phoenix (Linear Tactical #8)
  • Marked: A Dark Possession Novel
  • Wild Side (Wilder Irish #9)
  • Checked (Gold Hockey #7)
  • Her Hollywood Daddy
  • Bachelor Beast (Interstellar Brides: The Beasts, #1)
  • Alpha Knight (Wolf Ridge High, #2)
  • Wild (Wolf Ranch #2)
  • Mafia Lullaby
  • Xander (Royal Protectors #2)
  • Sandor (Royal Protectors #1)
  • Sinners & Gin (Top Shelf, #6)
  • After The End (Emerge, #1)
  • King of Shadows (King of Shadows, #1)
I'm the best-selling author of sexy, sinful suspense. I also write steamy contemporary romance. I write characters the reader can relate to. My characters are plus-size, scarred, rape victims, child abuse victims, etc. I want readers to connect with my characters.

Visit My Amazon Author Page!

Visit Me on Facebook!