Start by marking “The Fairy Shop” as Want to Read:
The Fairy Shop

The Fairy Shop

A story from the Dreamspinner Press 2019 Advent Calendar collection Homemade for the Holidays.

When Nate Hawthorne meets Asher Dane, the huge, tattooed hunk is the personification of Nate’s dreams. But Nate knows there’s no future, because Asher is also the personification of his beloved five-year-old daughter Delly’s nightmares. She’s frightened of big men. Things turn
ebook, 1st edition, 64 pages
Published December 1st 2019 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about The Fairy Shop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fairy Shop

Start your review of The Fairy Shop
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
This story made me cranky on so many levels.

First, the way Delly's (Nate's 5-year-old daughter) trauma was explained, and then "cured," was simplistic at best, harmful at worst. I am no expert on childhood trauma, but I know that children don't get cured by magic wands and that Delly needed serious counseling pronto.

Second, Nate and Asher's relationship, if you can call it that, was based solely on sexual attraction. The two barely had a single conversation.

Finally, the magical elements in
Denise H.
Perfection. Absolutely magical, super adorable Christmas story.
College Professor/Administrator, Nate, is raising his 5 yr. old daughter, Dalphine. She is afraid of large men for a reason, so Nate is careful to keep her comfy in her surroundings.
One night he gets a sitter, so he can get out for a bit. When he sees a man at the end of the bar, he's stunned. A huge, tattooed, biker looking, gorgeous hunk, is Asher, Nate's fantasy dream man.

Nothing comes from it, but later they find each other
Lena Grey
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nate Hawthorne, of ‘The Fairy Shop’ by Tara Lain, has been through a lot, including a failed marriage that ended when he came out as gay. The one bright spot in his unsuccessful marriage is his daughter, Delly.

As much as he loves Delly, Nate is desperate for some adult time. He leaves Delly with his next-door neighbor and heads to the local bar. Nate spots a big, masculine guy who definitely gets Nate’s motor running. He makes eye contact with him, but they don’t interact. Nate is disappointed,
Ann
The Fairy Shop is total Tara Lain reading candy for the holidays and I enjoyed every sweet little nibble. The author knows how to write super fluffy love stories that balance with a bit of drama to give a Lifetime feel that’s easy to dive into and get lost in. There’s a lot of story packed into this one, but everything seemed to balance out in the end.

Delly, Nate’s daughter really read like a little kid at first, but her vocabulary changed towards the end that made her seem like a little adult
Lelyana
Dec 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, arc, holiday, dsp, 2019

This was cute!
The Fairy Shop was a story I need on every holiday seasons.
I loved how Asher interacted with Nate's daughter, Delly.
Though it was a little bit impossible to cure a trauma for a child, especially losing her fear for a big man, I believed that this story meant to us to believe in miracles :)
So yeah, adorable story with a child and a Christmas miracle.
Try it!
Avid Reader
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Fairy Shop by Tara Lain
5 stars
M/M Romance
Triggers: Abusive relationship
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Nate and Delly are finding their way. Delly has had some trauma from her mom's abusive boyfriend and is skittish and nervous around large men. Nate is doing his best to help her heal, but being a young father, he also knows that he should have some alone time.

Asher is living his life the best he can. After eluding to some potential PTSD issues, he loves his life.
Cee Brown
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
.•*) .•*)
(.*..•`The magical fairy wand.*..*ˑ

Nate and Asher, loved them. Written from Nate's point of view, the story tells the tale of college administrator Nate, who was raising his five year old daughter Delphine [Delly] following custody after his divorce. Nate was trying to move on with his life, yet he was met with plenty of obstructions, mainly Delly's aversion to big men.

Nate was a good father, trying hard to give his daughter the necessary encouragement she needed to overcome her fear.
Erica
Dec 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Sweet story, but it's more about the little girl than it is about the relationship between the two MCs.
❤Sharonica-Logic❤

The Fairy Shop…Tara Lain….5*****Stars

Nate & Asher

This heartwarming story had all the feels! More than a romance it showed the heart and soul of everyday people. A single dad helping his five year old daughter work through post traumatic stress; while he tries to have a semblance of a social life. A little girl who wants desperately to be brave and wise; who also steals the heart of anyone around her. A giant of a man with a spirit as gentle as a stream; and a heart as big as Texas.

Together
Donna
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you don't believe in magic... then you haven't found the perfect "wand" yet!!! And don't forget the magic word... ABRACADABRA!!! *grin*
Ami
I admit I’m not a loyal reader of Tara Lain – her works and I didn’t click, somehow. However, holiday stories can result in different outcome, and I liked the story summary that I wanted to give it a try.

Alas, I found this story to be absolute MEH. Nate’s “relationship” (if you can call it that) mainly based on sexual attraction, and for me that was a downer. Because I love chemistry and emotional connection above all, not just sexual compatibility. There isn’t enough Nate and Asher outside the
Sylvia
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5

this story.
Sushi (寿司)
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think so far I read the wrong books by Tara Lain. This is wow ... no words need.
This book is wonderful. I really enjoyed this book.
⚣Michaelle⚣
3.75 Stars...but I'm giving it 4 with a Holiday Bump.
Dana
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Reviewed for Rainbow Gold Reviews. A copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

I am a fan of Tara Lain’s ability to create such funny and sweet characters and story lines. Some short and some longer novels, I haven’t ever been disappointed. And this book is no exception. With the holiday season upon us, it is the perfect time for some sweet romance and a little magic.

At 64 pages, this is one of the shorter books I’ve reviewed for RGR. I really liked the characters and I could feel
Brandee (un)Conventional Bookworms
The Fairy Shop was such a sweet read. It'll renew your faith in humanity and your holiday spirit!

Set in Ashland, Oregon, I appreciated how well TLain incorporated her new hometown into the story. With its quaint downtown are twinkling with holiday lights, I couldn't help but believe in a Christmas miracle.

That miracle came in the form of Asher - a really big guy who creates really small toys. Like fairies. And magic wands that select their owners. ;) His appearance in Nate and his daughter,
Samantha rozyczko
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such a cute story. For me a perfect Christmas/holiday story has a bit of Insta love and a bit of hurt/comfort. This story just did it for me. It was everything I could want in a Christmas story. Asher and Nate were so cute together. Nate was the perfect protective parent and Asher just made you want to squeeze him. Delly was super cute and made you want to momma bear anyone who dared to mess with her.I totally recommend you give it a try.
Erica Fisher
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Fairy Shop by Tara Lain was given in exchange for an honest review. Nate and Asher are just way too adorable for words. I really enjoyed this novella it inspires a belief in the magic that's in all of us.
Jocelyn Whaley
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Story! I loved it! I love the fact the Asher was totally different than he appeared. This was a wonderful Christmas story. Great read. This is definitely one of my favorites.
Patricia Nelson
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such a sweet, charming, grab-you-by-the-feels, engaging, poignant, lovely, delightful, and totally awesome story guaranteed to leave you saying "Awww!"
Donna
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Move over Miracle on 34th Street this Christmas story will give you all the feels. Nate is trying to be the best dad he can to the exclusion of anything looking like a love life. When he sees Asher for the first time he is smitten. Can this huge, tattooed hunk cure the Christmas blues for Nate and his little girl. I adored this sweet story for so many reasons. You will too.
Cathy Brockman
This story is filled with sweetness, and Holiday magic. I loved the details of the Fairy shop and Ophelia. I liked the way little Delly connects with Ophelia and dresses like her. I also like how Delly just doesn’t run up and grab a wand and ponders it over a few days’ time trying to select just the right one. The heat between Asher and Nate is snow melting (I couldn’t help myself). So great characters, a tiny bit of suspense (Delly’s reason for being afraid is sad) fabulous descriptions and I ...more
Marge
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet and magical.
Carrie
Mostly Hallmark movie sweet, with a little bit of Lifetime movie drama when the ex and the scary boyfriend show up.
Lauralee
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This short cutesy holiday bit turned me into a puddle of goo and I loved every second! The magic is strong with this one <3
Now don't go and question the plausibility of this fairytale - just enjoy watching the bravest frightened kid ever, a gentle giant who packs a punch and magic fairy wands. I so want my own!
Katy Beth Mckee
This is another one of those stories that packs a lot into the short tale. Delly has so much fear and Her Daddy really cares so much for her and wants to do the best for her. The patience and understand that Asher shows is amazing. All three of them are touched by the fairy master.
kathleen
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Fairy Shop is the perfect holiday treat. This story is all about looking beyond the obvious to see who the person really is. To being brave and daring even when you don't feel like it. It shows the real power and magic of love.
MJ
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, my stars I loved this story! Nate & Asher are wonderful together. Brave Delly is one of the beyter child characters I have ever read.
Throw in the magical Olphelia & the struggling Bob and you have a wonderful, heartwarming story that is perfect for all seasons.
Leanne Davidson
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tara Lain does it again!

Such an awesome read! I couldn’t put it down it was just perfect for a stormy Sunday afternoon. As always so well written you fall into the story right to the end. Thank you Tara!
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
I enjoyed The Fairy Shop by Tara Lain. It is a sweet story about finding courage and love. Nate has been taking care of his young daughter after her mother had an altercation with an abusive boyfriend and now the young girl is afraid of big men. On a rare night out, Nate meets Asher and the attraction is immediate, but Asher is a big man and Nate knows that his daughter would be terrified of Asher. Nate believes that a relationship is out of the question, but he soon discovers the magic of ...more

• Love in 24 Frames
  • Crochet My Heart
  • Christmas Ghosts
  • The Carpenter's Prince
  • Notes From Home
  • Angels Sing (Daddy Dearest, #2)
  • A Swants Soiree
  • Purls of Wisdom
  • Making the Holidays Happy Again
  • Setting for Eight, Dinner for Two
  • Piecing Together His Life
  • Rainbows in Sea Glass
Tara Lain never met a beautiful boy she didn’t love – at least on paper. A writer of erotic romance, mostly ménage and male/male, Tara loves all her characters, but especially her handsome heroes. A lifelong writer of serious non-fiction, Tara had the first novel she ever wrote accepted for publication in 2011. She’s now on book 45 and counting. After an exotic life of travel all over the world ...more