Start by marking “Lead Me Back” as Want to Read:
Lead Me Back

Lead Me Back

A twist of fate proves wildly explosive in New York Times bestselling author CD Reiss’s smart and sexy Hollywood romance about the cost of running from your past to get to your dreams.

Cutting all ties, Kayla Montgomery drives cross-country to Los Angeles. New start. New life. And an unexpected new job: assistant to Justin Beckett.

The Justin Beckett.

The boy band rebel w

Published July 7th 2020 by Montlake

To ask other readers questions about Lead Me Back, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lead Me Back

Start your review of Lead Me Back
Bookgasms Book Blog
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shelly, ratula
There is something about a celebrity romance that I gravitate toward. I don't love every one I read, but I always have to try it because when it works - there's something almost magical about it. This is actual fairytale material and my sappy little romance loving heart will never ever tire of fairytales.

C.D. Reiss got it just right.

I was sucked in immediately and then I was in. Like all in for Justin and Kayla's love story.

I'll admit, I had a moment of pause when I realized I was basically read
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!
(ARC provided by Social Butterfly PR)

49401658_825E_4945_BD58_7C1CDDC4394D

Kayla Montgomery is a fashion designer who leaves behind her life in New York and moves to Los Angeles for a fresh start and a simpler life. As she drives across the country she encounters a few unexpected detours and crosses paths with fallen bad boy superstar Justin Beckett. She soon finds herself tangled in his web and her welcome to LA doesn't go quite as planned. Suddenly she's his assistant, and she finds herself roped into someone else's
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
Jul 03, 2020 rated it really liked it

A love story that makes you smile. A hero and heroine that go toe to toe with quick and fun banter and a redemption quality in the story that gives them each a second chance.

Justin Beckett is the bad boy rockstar, turned actor, who has to walk the line because of his past with his former band members. Kayla Montgomery is a garment designer from New York who has run from her past to LA because of an incident that has ruined her reputation. These two meet by a total bizarre and random coincident
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Apr 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
The one thing I really like about this author is that even though I'm not a particular fan of Hollywood stories, I've learned that her writing always manages to capture my attention and I find myself sucked into the book. I'm not even a big fan of the type of hero she has in this one and I still ended up loving him by the end of the book.

Nothing against Justin, just that he was young and arrogant and I tend to relate to the more mature characters. However, you do see real depth in him as the st
C.D. Reiss
Jul 07, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
LEAD ME BACK is out now!

I loved writing this story and I hope you love it too.

Download yours today or read FREE in Kindle Unlimited!
Amazon: https://amzn.to/2WIWuio
Amazon Worldwide: http://mybook.to/leadmeback
Amazon Paperback: https://amzn.to/33W9WRX
Amazon Audio: https://amzn.to/39pgjON

The Justin Beckett.

The boy band rebel with the cocky attitu
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

THEMES & TROPES: Hollywood
RATING: 4.5 STARS
CLIFFHANGER: No

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

Ah CD Reiss writes amazingly strong heroines and Kayla is exactly my kind of girl. A straight shooter, real, relatable. I loved that Justin's celebrity status didn't make a difference to her, that she didn't let his fame take over her life. She was independent, fierce and tough without being hardene
Jx PinkLady Reviews ♡ bookwormthoughts
A sexy and sweet Hollywood romance, I could not resist this delectable story from one of my favourite romance writers. Kayla Montgomery decides to start a new life in LA and inadvertently becomes tangled up in more ways than one with boy band sensation Justin Beckett.

'Lead Me Back,' has all the ingredients needed to concoct a light, easy to read romance that hooks the reader in from the beginning to end. There was nothing not to love and I was super excited to read. CD Reiss pulled me into her
Lauren Luman
Jun 27, 2020 rated it liked it
I'm usually a huge CD Reiss fan, but this one didn't wow me like her others. I liked Kayla’s character but not Justin’s. He just seemed like a douche through most of the book and I didn't feel their connection until almost the end (emotional or physical). Also, some parts of the story were a little difficult to follow because conversations went in different directions or were choppy.

I did like Louise (Justin’s grandmother) and Kayla’s dad. They were great supporting characters. The storyline wa
Ⓐlleskelle - That ranting lady ッ
Aug 02, 2021 rated it did not like it
Shelves: celebrity
I picked up this book because of the advertised meet-cute:
"What if you changed your number and your new number was a pop superstar celebrity's old number? And the phone rang constantly?"

Admittedly this sounded like major fun and I do enjoy celebrity romances sadly this was a miss for me. Granted the meet cute was done well, the pairing of a cocky celebrity male to a woman relatively immune to his swagger held some appeal. I also want to thank grandma Louise, secondary cast she was but she made t
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Kayla has really reached rock bottom when she leaves New York to start a new life in L.A. She has little money to her name, a huge passion for starting her own clothing line and a closed down theatre as a roof over her head.

On the day she arrives she receives a wrong number phone call on the phone she just had connected and not wanting to let an old lady down, she ends up delivering roses to a complete stranger. This is how she meets Justin Beckett, ex-boyband and movie star. Grandson of the wr
Jessica Alcazar
I enjoyed Lead Me Back for a few reasons but I loved it because C.D. Reiss wrote a Hollywood story with a grandmother as a secondary character, that actually played an important roll, which she named Louise and gave her the nickname Weeze . That’s probably not going to mean a whole lot to some of you, but it doesn’t matter because there’s plenty of other reason to #oneclick this book!

This is one of those stories that reads like magic. At its core, it’s just a story of two people fumbling
Jean
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was so convinced I would hate this story for so many reasons. The characters' skew younger than I typically like. Meet too cute. The hero is steeped in boy bands and Justin Bieber. For any other writer, the Biebs as a muse would be a hard nope. But, this is CD Reiss. I had to see if she could manage to get me to finish it, let alone not hate it. So - long story short this started out as a grudge read.

Then, I met Kayla. And I fell in love. Wise, mouthy, and, sometimes to her detriment, kind. An
maggieandteddy
Jul 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this, in spite of it being centred around Hollywood. It seemed like it would stay that way. The Hero, Justin and the Heroine Kayla had great chemistry. Their meet cue was... so cute.
Justin's grandma Louise plays all innocent like, but is a major buttinski . (Butt-in-ski) not sure how to spell it, but oh well.
Kayla moves to L.A. to start over. She has so many bad breaks at the beginning of this book, I'm so glad author Christine, finally changed her luck. The scene when Kayla &
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jul 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kayla's finally going to be in the same state as her sister Talia. And as scary as this next adventure seems to be the she knows she's ready to make her dreams of becoming a fashion designer true.
Let me say that the beginning of this book with Justin's grandmother, Louise, had me cracking up. She is something else and I knew she would be one that I would not be able to forget. Justin left his mark on Kayla on their first encounter and as hard as she tried to forget about him she couldn't. Both
JP
Jun 20, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
About this book • Release date: July, 7th 2020 • Published by Montlake • 300 pages • Contemporary Romance • 2 ⭐️

This one just fell flat for me, it was just ok. I didn’t feel the chemistry and I didn’t like the main characters. And to be honest, there wasn’t anything to like about him.

This was a Netgalley Arc from the publisher and all opinions are my own. I’ve given my honest review.
Karen
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It isn’t often that I get to the end of a book and then want to read it all over again because I loved it. I so want to read this one again.

The way CD Reiss writes just hits my buttons. She writes so matter of factly:
this is what happened
this is how they looked
this is what they said

It’s like she’s recounting actual events to me and then she’ll throw in a random observation about a billboard or an item of clothing and I’m there hanging on her every word.

Justin Bieber doesn’t do it for me but Ju
Cassidy
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lead Me Back hooked me and didn’t let me go. It’s the best book I’ve read in a while. Many books right now are just not holding my attention. It has a kicka$& heroine and a swoon worthy hero. I want to read more books like this one.

I voluntarily read an early copy.
Michele
With Lead Me Back, CD Reiss blends a blossoming romance with some more serious topics. There is a touch of #metoo along with the judgement of social media and the paparazzi. It was all handled in a gentle way and still managed to drive home some valid points.

Justin Beckett is a rockstar who has recently decided to try his hand as an actor. He's also trying to clean up his horrible reputation. He has a questionable history that's been plastered all over social media and he's anything but proud o
Snow
Oct 01, 2021 rated it it was ok
this really couldn't get more stars, since it came out flat...
and after the previously read book, by Jewel E Ann (The naked fisherman) and the thought provoking aspects of that story, this one sounded too fluffy and puffy...

sassy, yes; cute, sure and low angsty story of a child sensation star in a boy band, now a 25 year old bad boy musician meeting a young fashion designer who ran from NY to LA to escape the bad pressing situation involving her being sexually harassed at her previous job...

Of c
Jul 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
project_20200716_1050443_0
NEW-ish to me author and books, review on my BLOG -> CLICK HERE
Dana Al-Basha |  دانة الباشا
I won this book in a giveaway!
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Amazon / Amazon Worldwide / Amazon Paperback / Amazon Audio

Somehow on Kayla's first day in LA, she winds up with a ticket, out money buying flowers for some woman who dialed her by mistake, and ended up meeting (and not being impressed by) Justin Beckett, former boybander now trying for a career in Hollywood. And he finagles her into being some sort of receptionist for him, being that she has his old phone number and keeps receiving calls meant for him. She didn't want to admit it then, but
Ruthie Taylor
Jul 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

I really enjoyed this fun, fast paced and romantic novel. It all starts with Kayla destroying her old NY numbered sim card and buying a new one, with an LA number ... only for it to turn out to be one which has only recently been disowned ... and she gets a call from a woman called Louise asking her to deliver some flowers. We immediately get to see that Kayla is a good woman, as she does as asked, so as not to disappoi
Jules
Jul 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, arc
Lead Me Back is a standalone contemporary romance. Long-time fans of author C.D. Reiss will appreciate the casual nods to characters from prior standalone novels set in Hollywood, and new readers will have no trouble jumping right into Kayla and Justin’s story. Lead Me Back is filled with second chances, friendship, and smart banter.

The opening scene absolutely hooked me. Having lived in both New York and California, Ms. Reiss nails the descriptions of both towns. Kayla travels across the contin
Jenn Amy
*Audiobook*

4 STARS

Lead Me Back is a must read contemporary/celebrity romance written by CD Reiss. I devoured this story in one day. I adored the chemistry and connection between Kayla and Justin. Kayla is a fashion designer in New York, but has just packed up and moved to L.A. for a fresh start. Along the way she meets Justin in an unusual way but both are intrigued immediately and there are instant sparks. Justin was previously a rock star, now an actor who has a drama filled past. He is tryin
A HEA
Feb 01, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kayla is after a fresh start and a cross country move is supposed to offer just that. To make the new beginning even more real she decides to change her number. Little does she know the flow-on consequences of that decision.

Apparently the previous owner of the number hasn't quite cut ties and implores Kayla to take messages for him in return for his assistance in providing her with a leg up for her fresh start. Although Kayla doesn't want to turn down a chance for a fresh start she isn't keen o
Ceci
Mar 24, 2021 rated it really liked it
I won this ebook in a Goodreads giveaway. The story was amazing. It’s about a celebrity romance. Justin is the celebrity and he meets this girl Kayla who is a fashion designer and he falls in love with. This story is based on California Kayla is running from her past in New York. I don’t want give that much information it’s a love story that makes you smile because there is a happy ending.
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks
I’m not sure what I was expecting when I started listening to this book but I found that I really enjoyed it. I’m not always a big fan of the Hollywood star romance genre but there was definitely something likable about these characters.
reya
Aug 19, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary

Wanted to like this one but the hero who was meant to be charming was just immature. Not much chemistry between the leads. It was just okay.
Some Like It Hot!: Lead me Back by C.D. Reiss 1 10 Jun 30, 2020 02:00PM

• Dead Pretty
  • Classified (The Elite, #3)
  • Love Under Quarantine
  • She Loves Me (Harmony Pointe, #3)
  • Honeymoon Alone
  • Burn
  • Date Me, Bryson Keller
  • Cinderella Is Dead
  • You Can't Catch Me
  • The Love Square
  • Always a Bridesmaid (Getting Hitched in Dixie #2)
  • Up Close and Personal
  • Saint X
  • Loud Mouth (Ice Knights, #3)
  • Ruthless Princess (Mafia Royals, #1)
  • Billionaire Temptations
  • His Curvy Obsession (Obsessed Alphas #2)
  • My Kind of Cowboy (Wranglers of Wyoming, #1)
See top shelves…
CD Reiss is a New York Times bestselling author. She still has to chop wood and carry water, which was buried in the fine print. Her lawyer is working it out with God but in the meantime, if you call and she doesn't pick up she's at the well hauling buckets.

Born in New York City, she moved to Hollywood, California to get her master's degree in screenwriting from USC. In case you want to know, that