Start by marking “Pause Power: Learning to Stay Calm When Your Buttons Get Pushed” as Want to Read:
Pause Power: Learning to Stay Calm When Your Buttons Get Pushed

Pause Power: Learning to Stay Calm When Your Buttons Get Pushed

If your child could use help staying calm when something upsets them, this book can help.
Uh-oh! Gabe is losing it again. See all those big, bright buttons popping up all over his body? They come out whenever someone or some situation gets under his skin. And they pop up ALL. THE. TIME.
Push this button and Gabe starts fighting.
Push that button and Gabe starts yelling.
Push
Published February 4th 2020 by Boys Town Press

To ask other readers questions about Pause Power, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pause Power

Start your review of Pause Power: Learning to Stay Calm When Your Buttons Get Pushed
Natalie
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an advanced reader copy of this book to read in exchange for an honest review via netgalley and the publishers.

This book is a great book for children of school age to learn about anger, frustration and in general what to do when angry and frustrated (having their buttons pushed). It helps explain what this phrase means and ways of calming down and making good choices to keep themself safe and out of trouble.
I loved this book. As a teaching assistant in a school I would suggest this b
Annmarie Reddick
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC: Pause Power is about a boy who gets angry easily. His buttons are always being pushed. This book talks about how he can work through his anger and self-regulate his emotions.

I really enjoyed this book and even read it to the child I watch who does get angry easily. It was a great book to read and talk about. The little boy I read it to also loved it!

I highly recommend this book. I will definitely be buying a hard copy of this book for the little boy I watch!
jennyreadit
Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for an eARC of Pause Power in exchange for my review.

Pause Power tells the story of Gabe and how he learned to stop allowing others to push his buttons by using the Pause Power strategy. At first, Gabe would hit, yell, cry or run away when people made him mad. When Gabe goes to the Cool Down Spot, he literally has illustrated "buttons" that pop up on his body that have been "pushed." One button begins telling him to try to take deep breaths, breathe through
Molly
Aug 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
GREAT book for emotional regulation. Teaches the importance of taking breaths and “pausing”
BreeAnn (She Just Loves Books)
What I Loved and How I Felt:

I am always looking for ways to help my children handle their emotions, and let’s face it, I can always use help with that as well. Pause Power was such a unique way to show children how their “buttons get pushed” by others and then how they reaction. I loved the visual use of the buttons popping up on the boy in the story. It really helped my daughter to understand what the author was saying. Taking a moment to breathe and calm down is not a new concept, but this was
Alicia
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thanks to NetGalley, Boys Town Press and Smith Publicity for the review copy of Pause Power by Jennifer Law and illustrated by Brian Martin. All opinions are my own.

This picture book focuses on Gabe who becomes easily frustrated and angry with his classmates because they are always pushing his buttons. However, when he reacts out of anger, he usually gets into trouble. This book is about Gabe learning to pause and think before reacting out of anger or frustration.

I have been looking for more bo
Donna Maguire
Review to be added to Amazon US and UK on 4th February 2020 - publication day!

I read this book last night and I thought it had some really good points.
Some children don't know how to express their emotions and this really helps.
I thought that the story was easy to follow and the layout was good.
The images are nice and I liked the addition at the end of the book for learning points for parents/teachers too
Ryan
Apr 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Like most Boys Town books this story is very repetitive, but it is well done. It’s about using “pause power” or stopping a taking a few breaths to calm down before erupting or letting things get to you. The story works, it's just a little long, and the illustrations are fun and eye catching. ...more
Makenzie Hamilton
Mar 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: t-l-307
Kids experience so many emotions but often times don't know how to deal with them, which leads to tantrums. This book a good resource to help kids avoid those tantrums. ...more
Duane
Cj
Jan 04, 2021

• Scribble Stones
  • Wanted! Criminals of the Animal Kingdom
  • Heir of Lies (Black Dawn #1)
  • Soda Pop Head
  • Rain Boy
  • The Cloud
  • How to Grow a Friend
  • That Rule Doesn't Apply to Me! (Responsible Me!)
  • Rosie Revere, Engineer
  • Making Friends Is an Art!: A Children's Book on Making Friends
  • Hidden Figures: The True Story of Four Black Women and the Space Race
  • Well, I Can Top That!
  • Social Skills Activities for Kids: 50 Fun Exercises for Making Friends, Talking and Listening, and Understanding Social Rules
  • Anger Management Workbook for Kids: 50 Fun Activities to Help Children Stay Calm and Make Better Choices When They Feel Mad
  • Kindness Rules! (A Hello!Lucky Book)
  • Love Monster