Start by marking “King's Ransom (Ruthless Doms #3)” as Want to Read:
King's Ransom (Ruthless Doms #3)

King's Ransom

(Ruthless Doms #3)

USA Today bestselling author Jane Henry delves deep into the Russian underworld, with a high-stakes, heart-rending story of betrayal, atonement, and a hard-won happily-ever-after.
He'll make me call him daddy.
Demand my obedience.
Drive me to my knees.

I've been in love with Stefan Morozov for as long as I can remember.
He's fearless. Powerful. A vicious leader of the
Published December 2nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about King's Ransom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about King's Ransom

Start your review of King's Ransom (Ruthless Doms #3)
Pamela
Taara is the housekeeper of Stefan, the Bratva leader and older man she has a crush on. Taara sees something she shouldn't while taking pictures of flowers one morning. Stefan keeps her as a prisoner. She will call him Daddy and submit to him. The chemistry between them is scorching. A very well written story that is not to be missed in the Ruthless Doms series.
Gladys
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this younger woman/older man romance. This is a exciting and tension filled read. There is plenty of drama, danger, emotional turmoil, action, violence, suspense and sizzling heat as Stefan and Taara's story unfolds. This is a very good read with lots of steamy BDSM elements. I am posting an independent, impartial review.
JD
Dec 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Though I much prefer this author's earlier works, which were consensual and not harsh ("dark"), I understand her appeal. She is mistress of the romance genre's most common trope: the "bad boy" who softens for, becomes laser-focused on and über-protective of, and would do anything for that one special woman. She is also mistress of this genre's second most common trope: the "good girl" who has more than a touch of Cinderella about her. Rarely are Ms. Henry's heroines professional, autonomous ...more
Gaynor Jones
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HOT DAMN!! YES, YES, YES!!!

Stefan has always been an intruiging character in the other books in the series but now we get the dominant, fascinating incredibly sexy older man all to ourselves!

Taara has been a part of Stefan's household and "family" for many years, but that may not be enough when she is in the wrong place at the wrong time!
Stefan is forced to make a decision that will follow his Bratva's rules, yet protect Taara, one that will test both their boundaries, feelings and change lives
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
King’s Ransom is the third book in the Ruthless Doms series, and while it could be read alone, I suggest reading the books in order to get the full richness of this book. Taara has loved Stefan from afar for longer than she should, but when her curiosity gets her into trouble, she can’t decide if Stefan is her savior or her worst enemy. As more danger crosses their path, will Stefan and Taara make their unorthodox relationship work and can they keep each other safe?

Phew, this book gave me the
Joy Westerfield
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved, loved, loved this story about Stefan and Taara! After reading the other books in the series, I was hoping Stefan would get his own story. Being he is the Pakhan and Father figure, I just knew his story would be incredible. Taara is a young woman who works for Stefan and has always had a special place in her heart for him. Until one day, she stumbles upon something that makes her feelings for him change. When Stefan has to take matters into his own hands, can he prove to the others that ...more
Karin Gesell
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Back in the Bratva’s world, and this time with the pakhan, Stefan. He shares his home with the daughter of his former housekeeper, Taara, who’s beautiful, innocent, and on his mind more than she should be. Taara, who takes care of Stefan and his house, is secretly in love with him, but is too shy to say anything. One night, when Taara has a problem sleeping (as usual), she slips outside like she normally does to take pictures and stumbles on something she shouldn’t have, and gets caught. ...more
Anna
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a series! King’s Ransom starts out with Stefan, the pakhan, and Taara, his longtime young housekeeper, thinking one thing about each other (albeit secretly). And then in the space of a few moments, everything changes. There is betrayal, pain, distrust.... and heartbreak. I was angry for Taara. I felt her pain. I was angry at Stefan and his men. How could he treat Taara the way that he did, the way they did? (You’ll see what I mean.) Thankfully, this is a romance and they find their way. And ...more
Shel Griffin
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Stefan and Taara

He’s older and more experienced. Stefan is the pakhan of the Atlanta bratava. He’s a hard and fair leader who loves his bratava, they are his family. Taara is young and beautiful. She’s the housekeeper who takes care of Stefan. She was practically raised in the group so she is accustomed to its roots and rules. One night she sees something that she should have run away with her eyes covered from. This gets complicated because she is deeply in love with Stefan and has been for a
Heart5
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've been a fan of all the Bratva book, but here the author adds an older male hero and manages to ratchet up the heat factor even more. I loved the characters, loved the story, and loved that the author managed to work some real life situations into the story. The writing as always was really, really good. The story pulled me in from the first page and held my interest until the end. It is definitely a book worth reading, and leaves me anxiously awaiting the next book in the series. ...more
Lynn44
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was another great read in the "Ruthless Doms" series. Stefan and Taara were great together and they had sizzling chemistry. The story was well written, well developed with plenty of drama, danger, emotional turmoil, action, violence, suspense and steam. I really enjoyed this book and highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys reading dark mafia romance.
I received an advanced readers copy of this book through Ardent Prose and am voluntarily leaving a honest review.
E. Leta Davis
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lord love a duck! I love this woman's books

A wonderful addition to the Ruthless Doms series, Stefan and Taara's story returns is to the world of the American Russian Bratva and it's great to be back! A lovely story about an older man and much younger woman finding their lives together. A really good story and one scene reminded me of how much I miss my own mother. Looking forward to the next book.
Sherry Wood
Amazing story!!

A beautiful love story between a younger woman and an older very dominate man. A babygirl for him and a Daddy for her. It's also full of action and suspense throughout and will keep you reading non stop. Add in some hot sexy parts with some spanking and it makes this book awesome!!
Anne Young-Cronister
Stefan rules Taara

Wow! I’ve been absolutely loving these wicked Dom series. This one most of all is the best. He has a second shot and even though she’s young, she sees the good things about him and not the bad. They were both so courageous and made of steel! I devoured this book in one day! I was so excited for the next chapter of this story series!! Great job!!
Deanne Taylor
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really really wanted Stefan to have a story.......a hot, silver fox?? You betcha I wanted it!!
AND IT WAS AMAZING!!
There, I made my feelings know, so just gonna say.......if you've read any of her Bratva books......grab this!!
Guaranteed to love him and the story!! Plus Taara is pretty awesome too, kinda melts me when they're together.
charlotte Huelsemann
Love and loya!ty earned

This is a story of Stefan and taara. this story is full of adventure and danger,love and loving discipline. Love and trust that has to be earned. I hung on every word until the very last page.
laura redwine
King’s Ransom was wonderful

I was so happy when King’s Ransom came out and Stefan got his HEA!! The chemistry between the characters was hot and I love the adventure!! I can’t wait for the next book!!
Zillah Raven
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing Read

This story is absolutely beautiful. Stefan and Taara are perfect. Their journey is one heck of an adventure. I love reading about the other characters as well. The writing and flow of this book is top notch. I absolutely recommend this book.
Carol Hepstall
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG !! I loved this amazing story. Stefan and Taara drew me in from the start and kept me captivated from beginning to end. I couldn’t put it down. Twist and turns that we’re absolutely spellbinding. I definitely recommend it to anyone looking for an amazing read
Theresa
Dec 11, 2019 rated it did not like it
Lame setup.
Candice
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m not too fond of the ‘daddy’ kink but for the most part the plot was pretty good.
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Overall, this was a pretty good read. I liked certain parts of it and I disliked certain parts. It’s a dark romance so it’s not a feel good type of love story. But it is a love story.
Alexandria
Was over way to fast

Couldn’t put it down ! Ugh ! I have no idea what I will read now ! Absolutely loved this book !
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great! This book was amazing! I definite must read!
Beth DiLoreto
5 stars

No one does Daddy like Jane Henry. Stefan and Taara had me captivated from the very first page. You won't regret this book
Christine
Dec 08, 2019
Vicky Bostic
Dec 11, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Broken Vows (Volkov Bratva, #1)
  • Daddy's Lost Love (Montana Daddies Book 4)
  • Dead Man's Hand (Vegas Underground #7)
  • Her Mafia Daddy: A Dark Daddy Romance
  • Pretty Hostage (Captive #3)
  • The Bratva's Captive (Wicked Doms #3)
  • Forbidden
  • Broken Hope (Volkov Bratva, #2)
  • His as Payment: A Dark Mafia Romance (Mafia Masters Book 1)
  • Harsh Daddy
  • Her Mafia Boss: A Dark Romance (Romano Mafia Brothers Book 2)
  • Fear: A Dark Mafia Billionaire Romance
  • Her Mafia King: A Dark Romance (Romano Mafia Brothers Book 3)
  • Confess
  • Taken as Collateral: A Dark Mafia Romance (Mafia Masters Book 2)
  • His for the Taking: A Dark Mafia Romance
  • Forced to Cooperate: A Dark Bratva Romance (Mafia Masters Book 3)
  • Lethal Balance (Sons of the Survivalist, #2)
Librarian note:
There is more than one author in the GoodReads database with this name.

Ruthless Doms (3 books)
  • Priceless (Ruthless Doms #1)
  • Beyond Measure (Ruthless Doms #2)