Start by marking “Ready to Run” as Want to Read:
Ready to Run

Ready to Run

Runaway Bride meets Father of the Bride in the new, steamy rom-com from bestselling author, Dr. Rebecca Sharp, that will have you laughing and swooning all the way down the aisle...

Dixie Dorothea Winston cannot get married.

After leaving three grooms at the altar, she fled her small-town infamy for the big city, hiding her past in plain sight: Winston Weddings by Thea Wins
Published February 29th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Ready to Run, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ready to Run

Start your review of Ready to Run
Carolina León
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rebecca Sharp nailed this new release in the most glamorous way.

Ready To Run was a fantastic love story that showed us, once again, how fear can makes us forget about the future.

“Sometimes mistakes only look like they set us back, when really they are putting us back on the right track.”

Thea is the representation of all girls who are growing up and try to find themselves in a world where expectations are more import than what we really want for our lives. It seems like love and marriage are
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: February 29, 2020
Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

Romantic Comedy | Standalone

Ready to Run is the perfect romcom! It's smart, funny, and filled with a cast of fantastic characters! I love when an author can bring her book to life for her readers and that's exactly what happened with this one. I felt as if I were a part of the story, friends with the characters, and living all things WEDDINGS while reading this one. I just loved it to pieces!

One of the main things (besides the amazing
Bibliophile  Chloe
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Now I will be the first to admit, I am not a big country music fan.  That being said I was so glad that I push that feeling aside when I was given the opportunity to read this story!

This is a fresh, fun take on a country song!  (And I actually kinda like the song too!)

This is the story of Thea (Dixie) and Oliver.

Thea is a powerhouse of her own making! She is at the top of her career as a wedding planner.  I loved reading her back story on how she became to be the person she was.  It was a tragic
Jessie
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
description

I loved this Rom-Com and Oliver Kingsley!

Thea is a wedding planner. In her way to a bachelorette party, she met Oliver Kingsley. That first encounter was so funny and unexpected. Thea helped others to get their happy ever after but she couldn't find her. But Oliver Kingsley wanted to give her one of her own. This swoony and devoted single dad will steal your heart as conquered mine.

I enjoyed this book. I loved every funny, cute, romantic and steamy moment with Oliver and Thea. It was very ente
Cassie May
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is comedic gold!
I haven't laughed so hard about a book since ever, I think. I laughed so hard that I had tears in my eyes, because so many things were so funny. I loved the lively way the author told her story and made the characters come to life.
I loved Thea and her worries and dreams and the way she slowly thawed towards Oliver. I loved how Oliver changed his demanding ways and asked for her and I absolutely ADORED Jillian's development and her worries. I hope she gets her own book!
Rukaiya M.
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ready to Run is a standalone romantic comedy story by Rebecca Sharp which will almost make you pee your pants. It did mine and the chances were so rare but….. Let’s not embarrass myself furthermore and start up with the contents of this story. I was intrigued with TEQUILLA, the first story in Country Love series and since then, I had been pining this along. RTR was a pleasant surprise, it was light and tight, all fun and ogling.

I sincerely enjoy stories where the woman in picture is adamant of
Lita Thomas
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ready to Run by Rebecca Sharpe. This is a whimsical tale of Dixie Dorothea Winston who after leaving 3 different fiancee's at the altar leaves her small town in Alabama for the bright lights of New York city where she reinvents herself as Thea Winston wedding planner extraordinaire. Oliver Kingsley is use to getting his way. He is the master of wall street, filthy rich and has the looks of a model. He has decided that he wants to give his daughter a wedding and it needs to take place in 4 weeks. ...more
Jackie Vanhinsbergh
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG Rebecca Sharp does it again! Another outstanding book!
I loved the way the story was told about Dixie and her near weddings, her pushy parents and her dreadful fiancée’s. The first one wanted her to have babies immediately at 18, the second well he was just a cheat and the third far too controlling! Her parents were no better! She lived in a small town.
She flees and start her life in New York as a wedding planner of all things! She’s the best planner in New York!
She meets a show stopping man
Vanessa (nessreads)
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Runaway Bride meets Father of the Bride meets The Wedding Planner in this sweet and charming romantic comedy by Rebecca Sharp.

Dixie Dorothea Winston has had her fair share of failed relationships, which in turn became failed engagements. After the third time, which was so not the charm of not making it to the altar; Thea’s had enough and leaves her small town of Chicktown, Alabama—and never looked back. Years later, she’s become a renowned wedding planner. Just because she can’t get it
Dimaris rossy
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is fun and romantic. What I would call a clean your palate type of story. The ones that you need to feel settled, good and lighthearted. You can't go wrong with a hot, dominant, honest, insistent, won't stop until I get what I want amazing dad like Oliver. He is a control freak with a melt where you are standing stare and a delicious grin. Too bad for him that Thea makes him work for it. Good for us because her strong as steel backbone and can't control me attitude makes for good enter ...more
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
Sharp has an uncanny ability to take a simple idea and make it blossom into the most beautiful story! I love what she has done with this series and anyone who loves country needs to grab this book because the Country Love series is amazing!

Thea and Oliver had me laughing and swooning each page! Their chemistry and take charge attitude make their story so entertaining I didn’t want to put the book down! You’ll fall in love with Thea’s quick wit and Oliver’s demanding sweet nature (he’s a sexy br
United Indie Book Blog
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great story! I've volunteered to review these book for United Indie Book Blog. This is my first time reading one of Dr. Rebecca Sharp stories. This story is about Thea and Oliver. Ready to Run is a standalone romantic comedy story. Thea has been known as the runaway bride in her hometown. Now living in New York Thea is a really good wedding planner. One day Olivier shows up at her office for her to plan his daughter's wedding. But they soon to realize that they had already met before. Olivier kn ...more
Nadine Bookaholic
The Country Love Series or collection of stories are each standalone books that have no tie to one another other than they are written from the inspiration the author has received from her favorite country songs, which means you can read any or all of the books in any order you wish to read them. This book was inspired by the song READY TO RUN by Dixie Chicks.

You can see my full review and a GIVEAWAY HERE

Ready to run

Nadine **I have voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Readers Copy of this book for my Blog, Nadine's O
Sparklin
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
This was a really good laugh out loud read. The wedding planner aka Thea. Knows how to put together weddings for others. She runs from one town to another to hid the fact. That she has had three failed attempts at getting married. Her first encounter with Oliver was one uncomfortable situation. So one has to wonder, if Oliver has a hidden agenda when he hires Thea to plan his daughters wedding. I have read several of this authors books. Once again she didn’t disappoint in this new standalone rea ...more
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
‘Ready to Run’ is a runaway 5 Star romantic comedy for Dr. Rebecca Sharp!

This book starts with a series of unfortunate, almost, wedding days for Dixie Dorothea Winston. After leaving 3 men at the alter, for very legitimate reasons, Dixie reinvents herself; she moves to New York City becoming....wait for it....a highly successful wedding planner using the name Thea Winston.

Thea is at the top of her game, dedicated only to the wedding bliss of others, until she runs in to Oliver Kingsley. Their
JudyAnnLovesBooks
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Color me impressed with Dr. Rebecca Sharp’s latest addition to her Country Love Collection. This book had me in tears (the good kind) from the get go and it just kept getting better and better.
Thea is an incredible woman. Strong, sexy, independent and brazen. Her determination to succeed and make something of herself, brought her to New York and made her the city’s most sought after wedding planner. Ironic that it took 3 failed marriage attempts to get her there.
Oliver is a self made billionair
Jaime Reynolds
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ready to Run is one of my favorite songs and this story is certainly fitting. The author came up with a great story and I was into it that I sat on my couch and read it in one sitting. Didn’t get any chores done because I couldn’t put this book down. I sang (love the song), laughed, sighed and found myself loving these characters and every minute of this story. Thea and Oliver found love unexpectedly but can it survive when chaos strikes? One story you will enjoy and should definitely add to you ...more
Michaela Dren
Feb 16, 2020 rated it did not like it
While searching for a new series to start I came across Rebecca Sharp's Country Love series. First book intrigued me so I checked out the blurbs for the rest of the series and realized... I've read this before.

So this series starts with book one having a natural disaster to survive, book two is a wedding planner in NYC and the third book is now about a girl afraid of being killed and falling for a cop who is going to save the day. Check, check, check. I read this series, it was released by A.K.
PP's Bookshelf
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ready to Run by Rebecca Sharp is pure romance bliss. Thea and Oliver's story is the brilliant balance of heartwarming, swoonworthy and heartaching emotions. This is the kind of romance that makes my heart soar and body sing!

Thea has escaped her small town in Alabama and her "reputation" as runaway bride. And now she is the most sought after wedding planner of New York City. Her first meeting with Billionaire Oliver Kingsley happened by accident involving stuck up shoes and a bag of party sex toy
Jenifer Briggs
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book moments ago, and I just loved every minute of it!!!! This is definitely one of my favorite books by this author, and I could not get enough of these characters!!!

We have Dixe (Thea) who is at the top of her career as one of the most sought after wedding planners in New York City. She has a tragic past with her own experiences related to weddings, but she makes sure that each of her clients has their dream day. She's determined to not let any other man get to her, because as
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
Ready to Run was a swoony sexy book that reminding me of one of my favorite movies, The Wedding Planner. Although to be honest, I loved this book more than the movie which just goes to show how captivating this book was. I was sucked into this swoony love affair and I may have shed a tear or ten.

Thea Winston runs from men, she runs from love. But... that doesn't stop her from owning one of the most sort after wedding planning business in New York city. She believes in love, just not for herself.
Chantelle Bouffanie
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cat
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Get Ready to Run into some Funny, Romantic and Sweet escapades between Oliver and Thea ,this is such a feel good book and another fantastic read by Rebecca Sharp.
We learn from the Romance between Thea and Oliver and the circumstances surrounding them,to never sacrifice your happiness to please other people and to fight for the happiness and love you want.
Meeting in a comical situation, then having to work together to pull off a wedding in a matter of 4 weeks .They really didn't bargain on falli
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Thea has left 3 men at the altar. Not because she's a runaway bride, but because she was doing what was best for her - and none of those men, not the one she wasn't in love with, not the cheater, and not the abuser, were right for her. But now years later, she's a successful wedding planner. Ironic right? And then she meets the commanding billionaire father of her latest bride and suddenly that elusive happily ever after just may be on her horizon. Perhaps. IF he can not be a typical man and
Melissa Gloria - Meli’s Books and Coffee
Talk about laugh out loud funny! Oh Dixie! She had me laughing after her first engagement. Rebecca Sharp wrote a witty and funny rom com story that will make me want to re read it again and again.

Thea "Dixie" didn't want to live the simple town get married once you graduate high school life and then get pregnant. So she left husband to be #1. Then unfortunate things happened right before wedding #2 that made her not go through with the ceremony. And lets just say who wants to be surprised with
Lisa White
Feb 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Read and reviewed for Up All Night With Books Blog:

4 Stars
Review by Lisa
Late Night Support Group
Up All Night With Books Blog

Whoop!! our next installment in Dr. Rebeccas Sharp, Country Love series that are all standalones but all have to do with a song. Ready to Run is inspired by the song, Ready to Run by The Dixie Chicks and it is brilliant. There is just something about this story that just pulled you in and had me laughing out loud.

This story is one of those that you breeze right on through.
Sharon Moritz-rosenthal
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary ARC - early release copy of this book in Kindle format from the author for review purposes.

This was an interesting story. It stars the marriage planner. Thea and the previous runaway bride x3 and the father of the bride, Oliver, a very wealthy and single dad. His daughter is engaged and he needs to pull off a wedding in NYC at The Plaza in 4 weeks.

This was a really fun story and I loved the attraction between T and O and how she runs away from her attraction as she fee
Ariadna Basulto
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. Gosh! How does this country music-intolerant chick suddenly love these books based on country music songs? Because Rebecca Sharp wrote them, that’s how! Ready to Run was another fantastic novel I couldn’t put down.

Loved Thea and Oliver so so much! Thea is so strong, driven, and just has her stuff together in life...except for the love part. Cue Oliver. I loooved me some Oliver. He’s self-made, wealthy, sexy, BOSSY, and a devoted dad. Uh, yes please! In fact, I’ll take two. These two had
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms

Ready to Run is a standalone and is Dixie Dorothea Winston & Oliver Kingston’s story.

Dixie is a runner! She has been up to the altar three times.. Dixie has a good reason for leaving the grooms but you will have to read Ready to Run to know why! So Dixie moved away, all the way to the big city, New York. She put her experience with her own wedding planning to good use. Now she is Thea Winston of Winston Weddings.

How Thea meets Oliver is hilarious! Shortly after they meet Oliver shows up at her
Rina's Reads
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was an easy to read book that was fun, sweet and sexy.

I loved the parallels between Jillian and Thea (when she was Dixie) and that it was ultimately their shared experience that bought the story to the peak.

Oliver - while domineering and a little bit cocky - grew on me. There were layers to him that kept me intrigued.
Dixie/ Thea - never in my life have I read such a hot mess of a boss lady. I loved her!

« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Never Kiss a Stranger
  • Charmer
  • Stay with Me (All I Want, #5)
  • Driving Me Crazy
  • Fool Me Twice
  • The Hookup Equation (Loveless Brothers #4)
  • Teacher I Want to Date
  • The Rival Roomies (The Rooftop Crew, #3)
  • A Slice of Love (Slice, #4)
  • I Dare You
  • Fixation
  • Unrequited
  • Keeping Secrets
  • A Royal Mistake (The Rooftop Crew, #2)
  • Chicks, Man
  • Stirred (Twisted Fox, #1)
  • By a Thread
  • The Modern Gentleman
**Healing Heartaches One Alpha at a Time**
I’m a dentist by day and author by night!

Want to know more? Connect with me (#stalkme) at one or all of the links below!

Mailing List: http://bit.ly/StaySharpSignUp