Start by marking “High Heels and Handguns” as Want to Read:

High Heels and Handguns

For Kate Howard, former Army Special Forces Sergeant, life as a one-woman personal protection detail comes with challenges. Wearing civilian camouflage while guarding high-profile clients is a dangerous game of rock, paper, hollow point.

After an explosive and deadly end to her client’s reelection fundraiser, which left his young son in critical condition, Kate must accept
Published February 7th 2020 by Espresso Yourself Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about High Heels and Handguns, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about High Heels and Handguns

Start your review of High Heels and Handguns
Sharon
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I picked up this romantic suspense after reading a Facebook group recommendation. It didn’t disappoint and I look forward to reading more about Kate Howard.

Kate never expected to see Paxton Banks again after disappearing from his life 12 years ago. She didn’t follow orders. She almost got him killed. Now he’s an FBI agent and he reluctantly needs her help finding a domestic terrorist that has made his crimes personal to her. But her heart can’t survive another run-in with Paxton. After all, she
Bette
May 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent Story & Narration🎧 A Captivating Thrill!
A Kate Howard Novel, Book One
By: Lisa Heartman
Narrated by: Stephanie Nemeth-Parker

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, the story grabbed my attention right from the start and held it captive straight to the end. Lisa Heartman is a gifted author, the storylines she created are interesting and original. Her characters are complex and nicely developed, they are likable and easy to relate to. I love that Kate Howard is her own pers
Lynnae Hooper Clore
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC of High Heels and Handguns. Kate Howard is independent, unrelenting, and stubborn to a fault. Throw in a lot of sass and you will be left rooting for her while shaking your head at her antics. Insert Paxton Banks into the scenario and you get an intricate relationship between the two, teetering between getting over their history and past mistakes while figuring out how to work together and explore their deep-rooted feelings.

Lisa Heartman does a good job of balancing the seriou
Amanda
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lisa Heartman is a new author for me, but I loved High Heels and Handguns and will be watching for more of the series. There were great descriptions, an interesting story, good tension and likable characters.

I listened to the Audible version. Stephanie Nemeth-Parker is as new narrator for me, but she did a fabulous job. I would listen to her again in the future.
Tracy Fox
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a fun read. I thoroughly enjoyed it and highly recommend it. In South Africa it would be described as a Skop, Skiet en Donder with a bit of romance thrown in for good measure. Absolutely fabulous Lisa. Eagerly waiting for the next one.
Karson Lee
May 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
High Heels and Handguns is a fun novel! Perfect blend of action, romance, suspense, and badassery! I can't wait for a follow up!

I listened to the audio book, which is superbly narrated. I would definitely listen to more by this narrator.
Bobbie Langworthy
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received an advance copy of this book and really enjoyed reading it. This book was written great and liked how kate and Paxton worked together. There was just the right amount of humor and romance. I'm looking forward to their next adventure
Cathy Stuart
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captivating book

I choose this eating as this book was captivating. I did not want to put it down. Lisa drew you into the book the first page and then kept it going to the end. I hope to read more of her work in the near future.
Hel Ellison
Apr 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Surprised with this book and wish there were more books by this author as was very good.
Nicole
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book by Lisa Heartman! I was given an advanced reader copy and read through it pretty quickly. The suspense on what was gonna happen next had me staying up late reading for 4 nights. I'm sad that I finished it but absolutely loved the happy ending. I hope Lisa writes more about Kate and Paxton because I quickly fell in love with their characters.
Mimi Davis Hopkins
Great Read

This is a great story filled with action, romance,and intrigue! The story has a nice easy flow,the characters are exiting and we defined. And the story wraps up nicely.
Linda
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not what was expected

Couldn't put the book/reader down; even had to move to a quieter spot of the house so there were no interruptions! Well written. Enough heat, humor and angst that I look forward to more of these characters. Would even reread!
LJ
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was recommended by a friend and did not disappoint. It had explosions, suspense, romance, comedy, and a whole slew of emotions. I will be looking for other books from Ms. Heartman.
Sheila Schwartz
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Combat and chaos

On my this story had me from page one....well actually from "Combat and Camouflage" where this dynamic duo first meet! The snark, the angst the total beauty of their love makes this a must have and a definite keeper!! Definitely reading the entire series.
Kim Whitehead
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Great suspenseful story! Rule breaking, attraction,and action made for a sensual and captivating book!
Kristi
May 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kate and Paxton’s second chance love story was an entertaining read. They had amazing chemistry and I enjoyed watching them butt heads.
Carol Heinbockel
Fantastic

This is the best book I have read in weeks. Loved the characters and the plot. Hope to read more from ms Hartman. Thanks.
JaceD
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC of High Heels and Handguns. Kate is smart, resourceful, and one tough lady! The book opens with her protecting a state senator, and all hell breaks loose before we get through chapter one. On top of having a crap day on the job, the FBI agent assigned to the case is her former Army captain who she used to be in love with. From there, it's a roller coaster of emotions that kept me turning the pages to find out if they would catch the bad guy before someone else got hurt, and if ...more
Texas_BookWorm(Priscilla)

First time I'm reading from this New To Me author. If you enjoy bad ass (on the taller side)  heroines, army veterans, suspenseful stories with a dash of Romance, angst, and sexual tension, then this is your jam. We have Kate an army veteran who now works as a body guard, This book had me wanting to punch Kate becuz even though her heart would be in the right place she would go about things the wrong way sometimes, we see her struggle with guilt alot,  I liked how even tho she made a m
Teresa Crawford
May 08, 2020
Margaret Bishop
Oct 05, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• Finding English (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha)
  • Shielding Kinley (Delta Team Two, #2)
  • Deadly Aim (Bad Karma Special Ops #2)
  • Securing Kalee (SEAL of Protection: Legacy #6)
  • Somebody to Love (Tyler Jamison #1)
  • Follow the Money (Detective Kate Rosetti Mystery #3)
  • Chasing Fortune (Stealth Ops #8)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • If the Sun Never Sets (If Love Duet #2)
  • Riley Thorn and the Dead Guy Next Door
  • Riddle Me This (Detective Kate Rosetti Mystery #2)
  • A SEAL for Deb (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Fighting for Home Book 2)
  • Rescuing Gabriella (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Bravo RISC Team #3)
  • Grave Instinct (K-9 Mystery #1)
  • Smash and Grab (Callahan Security #2)
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • Dirty Letters
  • Hit and Run
Lisa Heartman is a coffee-swilling, sass-spewing, romance writer who believes love is messy and magnificent. She writes things she wishes she had said, and some she wishes she hadn’t, delighting readers with exhilarating stories and swoon-worthy characters in a world where danger and desire collide.

Read more at https://www.lisaheartman.com/about.html