Start by marking “A Boyfriend for Christmas” as Want to Read:
A Boyfriend for Christmas

A Boyfriend for Christmas

Archie's posh parents want him to meet a nice girl--how can he tell them he's fallen for a bad boy instead?

Closeted, innocent and lonely, Archie Arandale longs for someone special in his life. A Christmas party organised by his wealth management company is the last place he expects to meet the man of his dreams.

With his leather jacket, tattoos, and piercings, Cal Turner
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 218 pages
Published November 26th 2019 by Jaybird Press Ltd

To ask other readers questions about A Boyfriend for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Boyfriend for Christmas

Start your review of A Boyfriend for Christmas
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
If you want an utterly sparkly and SEXY holiday read featuring British boys and an opposites-attract theme, look no further. A Boyfriend for Christmas is all that and leather pants that unzip from the front AND back. Oh, hell YES, baby, talk about easy access.

Cal and Archie couldn’t be more different. Archie comes from a wealthy, posh family. His accent could cut glass. He’s polite and well-mannered, and completely repressed. Archie is a virgin because he doesn’t dare, but he has all kinds of d
Jay Northcote
Nov 10, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
This is my holiday story for 2019. Even though making the deadline nearly broke me, I really enjoyed writing this one. It has plenty of humour and sweetness and made me chuckle while I was editing it. If you decide to give it a go, I hope you'll enjoy reading it :) ...more
Cadiva
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There are so many bits of this book I want to quote but I won't spoil the absolutely brilliant moments when they appear in the narrative.

For me, this is one of Jay's funniest, and hottest, reads and I couldn't put it down.

On first look, it might sound like your typical opposites attract romance but it's so much more than that.

Cal is totally my type, dark, tattooed and a biker in leathers. But Archie caught me hook, line and sinker, just like he did Cal.

There are some true gems in this book, fro
Snjez
Nov 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: holiday-reads
Yet another story that didn't feel very "Christmassy" to me.

Most of the story revolves around the relationship between Archie and Cal. It's very light and straightforward, though I found the writing style and the story line too simple for my taste. Also too much sex and not enough holiday vibes.

The good thing is that I really liked both main characters. I just wish there was more depth to everything.
Sheri
There are many things that the holidays bring that I look forward to; Northcote’s annual holiday story is definitely one of them. I can count on sweet ‘n sexy with a dash of charm. A Boyfriend for Christmas was all that and more. From the surface it may appear to be just another opposites attract romance, but Jay takes us deeper. Yep, we navigate differing family dynamics, insecurities, and acceptance. When Cal Turner shows up in all his leather glory at his financial investments company’s Chris ...more
Denise H.
In Britain, (Bristol) closeted, blonde Archie, 21, is a virgin, lonely and yearning.

Cal, 29, tattoo artist with a Harley, is the bad boy Archie yearns for.

They meet at an investor's party, because Archie is in the family business, and Cal has funds invested.
There begins there secret affair, so Cal can teach Archie what he wants and Archie gains experience. This is a smooth, humorous, serious, deeply though filled journey.
Their sexy times are superior with hotness, revelations, and first ti
Lorraine Lesar
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Mr. Poshness meets Mr. Roughness

What’s it all about Archie?
Is this just a hook-up?
What’s it all about and when will you sort this out, Archie?
As sure as I love a good hook-up
I know we have something so much more,
I think it could be love, Archie?
So why won’t you let your heart lead the way,
Tell em’ your gay
And then we can have our love every day, Archie?

Posh meets Rough.
It was so dam smexy. And so dam cute.
The whole Britishness of it all made it so much more believable for me.
Jay.....you’ve don
Ariana
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
*3,75 stars*

Young, blond, twinkie virgin Archie and heavily tattooed, bad-boy Cal are just a pair made in heaven.
And there are more differences than the visual ones – Archie is a posh boy from a very affluent background while Cal is pure working class. Archie has never even kissed a guy while Cal keeps relationships as far away as he can.

This is a lovely case of ‘opposites attract’ and Jay does a fabulous job with it. Loved all of Archie’s firsts and the way Cal is protective of him right from w
Susan
Dec 02, 2019 marked it as dnf
DNF at 14%

"Just to be clear, I’m not looking for a relationship. I thought I should let you know that before we hook up again."

How I hate it when MCs feel the need to say this in books. I don’t mind them thinking it and then it turns into a relationship anyway, but to explicitly mention it beforehand…. such a turn off.

And it’s not like I was really enjoying it anyway. I wasn’t that infested in the first place.
Lyndy Ann ♫
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
🌲🌲🌲 3.5 stars 🌲🌲🌲

For the last four years it has become a Christmas tradition for me to read Jay Northcote’s new Christmas story, this was my sixth.

I enjoyed this, I liked Archie and Cal, they jumped straight into the sex, Archie is a virgin, so Cal is the teacher and Archie is the willing student, ready to learn and try anything.

I did not find this very Christmasy compared to other books by Jay, if you want to read one I recommend Stuck with You, last years book that made it onto my favourite sh
.Lili.
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, mm-holidays

A Boyfriend for Christmas by Jay Northcote has been one of my most anticipated holiday books- between that blurb and lush cover, how could it not be? And I have to say it lived up to my expectations. It was fun, sexy, heartwarming, and swoony.

Some highlights:

-The characters. I loved Cal and Archie, everything about them and their personalities complimented each other so well.

-Alternating POVs.

-Opposites attract, not only different personalities but different backgrounds.

-Hallmarkesque Holiday
Adam

Cal and Archie couldn’t be more different if they tried.

Archie - rich, shy, inexperienced, from a cold family, and very much so closeted.

Cal - working class, tattooed bad boy, has a great mum, and doesn’t hide any part of himself.

Yet from the moment they lock eyes at a posh Christmas party, the mutual desire in undeniable. Cal brings out the daring side of Archie, and for the first time in a long time Archie feels free.

The two men come to an agreement - no strings attached. Archie gets
'Nathan Burgoine
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: glbt
I am on a freaking roll this year with queer holiday romances. Tinsel, Snowflakes and Song Lyrics, and now A Boyfriend for Christmas have all delivered different, but wonderful, holiday stories I've no doubt I'm happily going to revisit in future holidays.

If Tinsel had the Grinch-y flavour I was in the mood for, and Snowflakes and Song Lyrics was the ultra-sweet Hallmark-esque magic, then A Boyfriend for Christmas adds something for the naughty list right off the bat, and then wraps that naught
Bibliophile
Nov 28, 2019 rated it liked it
This story was just okay for me. I thought the two characters were likable but the story read a little too much like a Cardeno C novel where there is zero angst and the transition from hook-up to boyfriend is a little too seemless. I needed a little more angst to make this holiday story sing in my heart.
Debra
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Wow, I did not expect such a good story, complete with explicit and very steamy sex scenes as the virginal 21-year-old realizes it's time to let go of old behaviors and come out of his closet. He chooses tattoo artist and biker, Cal, a guy who won the lottery, took care of his mom, bought the Harley of his dreams, and invested the rest. These two are so sweet together. Sure, typically, they start as a hookup. Cal is worried that the innocent Archie will want more. What he's not prepared for is t ...more
Victoria (Eve's Alexandria)
2.5*. Not my favourite of the Christmas romances I’ve read, though I appreciated parts of it very much. Cal and Archie are from very different backgrounds; one a working class tattoo artist who won the lottery, and the other the youngest son of a wealth management magnate. They meet at a swanky Christmas party (which Cal arrives at in leathers, on his motorbike) and have a searing opposite attracts moment. But I found the development of the relationship between then quite flat, and it’s unclear ...more
Jill
Nov 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: holiday, m-m
Bev
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nice Christmas read from Jay. Archie's parents were typical Hooray Henry types [Piers and Camilla, ugh], with the money, accents and stupid ideology to match. Have to say, most of his family were complete pillocks at first, but thank goodness for Lottie wearing everyone down. Cal...well, I wasn't that keen on him at first but he grew on me 😏. ...more
Pam Nelson
Dec 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! I loved Archie and even though he wasn’t comfortable in himself he puts himself out there. I loved this. I loved that Cal was just as into Archie as Archie was in Cal.

Cal is a funny fella not funny ha ha just funny in the way he doesn’t care what others think but until he meets Archie. Then he does care because he wants to be right for Archie it was cute.

Archie’s sister was awesome I love that she had his back right away.
I needed this book today <3

Fantastic narration.
Laura  H
Nov 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this adorable, entertaining and steamy read so much. Another wonderful story from Jay, with some festive fun too!

The gifts between Cal and Danny are hilarious. I just adored their friendship, Archie and Fionas bond is sweet too - how everything worked for them.

Archie is new to everything and there is plenty of steamy scenes, i liked the push and pull between the two as he grows in confidence.

These two have incredible chemistry and really balance each other out in the best of ways, i
Tess
Dec 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: holiday-romance
Lelyana
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, arc, holiday, mm

I think Jay was in his good shape when he wrote this book. This was Jay's classics, the one I fell in love with when I started stalking him :)
Cal and Archie were really good together, Archie, especially, was my favorite character.
If only there's no smoking weed on page, this was going to be 5 stars from me.
I know it's not fair, but smoking (added weeds to the picture), is never my thing. So...
But aside from that, if you're okay with things that not really okay for me, this is one of Jay's best.
R
iam
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtqia, arc
Super cute Cristmas story that can be enjoyed outside of the holiday season.

Content warnings include: sex on-page, characters drink alcohol and smoke weed, casual homophobia; mentions of unplanned pregnancy and cheating (both outside of the main relationship.)

I loved this story. It was a wonderful take on the older-bad-boy-and-innocent-younger-guy trope that was always vocal about consent, something I've been missing in other executions of this setup.
A Boyfriend for Christmas is absolutely won
Joyfully Jay
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kris
A Joyfully Jay review.

A holiday story by Jay Northcote? Sign me up. I knew this one would be a good read because of the author and the subject matter, and Northcote didn’t let me down. There was a moment toward the end that got pretty predictable, but I was expecting nothing less considering the story and where it was leading. Northcote excels at characterization, and his MCs always make me fall in love with them. Archie and Cal were no exception.

The author did a great job with Archie
Amy Dufera
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again, Jay Northcote delights his readers with A Boyfriend for Christmas.

This is a story of a hot hookup at a Christmas party that suddenly leads to more. Omg, it's full of fabulous first times, sneaking around, and some tough decisions.

Archie's a closeted rich man, who's parents have high expectation for him.
He's a man stuck in a boring rut that his family set up for him. But always having been attracted to bad boys, he can't resist the tattooed Cal.

I love the contrast between who Archie
Alex
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
Disclaimer: I've alpha read this book

And also, there is going to be a bunch of flailing about how much I love the book because...I do.

I've loved the story from pretty much its beginning and I fell in love with Archie immediately. And Fiona is one of my favourite side characters ever. She was exactly the person Archie needed as a friend. Cal is amazing too but I have to admit that I just love Archie so much.
I love how the character are super different, not just in their respective personalities
Leigh Kramer
Another great Christmas romance from Jay Northcote! Cal and Archie were such opposites and I loved them together! Cal is totally the type of guy I’d go for: he’s a tattoo artist with a motorcycle. He’s 29, out, working class. He won the lottery a while back and after settling his mom, buying himself a house, and giving to charity, he invested the rest. This is how he crosses paths with posh Archie, whose dad owns the investment firm. Archie is at loose ends after graduating college. He is not ou ...more
Laks
Nov 25, 2020 rated it really liked it

Jay Northcote's stories are guaranteed to leave you smiling and happy.I love the uncomplicated characters, his stories are pretty low in angst whatever the issues and the MCs are sweet and lovable.

Archie is a virgin and strikes a deal with Cal to educate him in that area! Cal is a tattoo artist with a hot bike and very eager to teach Archie all the moves. And now Archie is thinking of coming out to his family during Christmas, but will he be accepted by them? Also Cal is afraid Archie i
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Christmas Deal
  • Mr. Right Now
  • Hometown Christmas
  • Merry Cherry Christmas
  • A (Fake) Boyfriend for Christmas
  • The Twelve Dates of Christmas
  • Beautiful Temptation (So This Is Christmas #2)
  • Mr. Naughty List (Home for the Holidays, #2)
  • Merry Measure
  • Angels Sing (Daddy Dearest, #2)
  • Tic-Tac-Mistletoe
  • No Place Like Home
  • A Guy For Christmas
  • Defrosting Jack (Ice and Snow Christmas, #4)
  • Someday, Someday
  • Cabin Fever
  • Irises in the Snow
  • Reindeer Games (Ace's Wild, #6)
I don't hang out on Goodreads much, so if you'd like to connect with me then Twitter, Facebook or an email is usually best :) All my contact details are on my website.

Jay lives just outside Bristol in the West of England. He comes from a family of writers, but always used to believe that the gene for fiction writing had passed him by. He spent years only ever writing emails, articles, or website c