Start by marking “Bloody Christmas” as Want to Read:
Bloody Christmas

Bloody Christmas

(Dublin Trilogy #1.5)

It’s Christmas Eve and DS Bunny McGarry is in the mood to celebrate – he’s back on active duty having successfully proventhat throwing a senior officer off a building was an appropriate step to take in the course of an investigation. However, his festivities are interrupted when someone attempts to assassinate him while he’s trying to take a leak – is nothing sacred?

The

Published November 25th 2019 by McFori Ink Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Bloody Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bloody Christmas

Start your review of Bloody Christmas
Kate~Bibliophile Book Club
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ll be reviewing this fully soon but for my first Bunny experience, I thought it was great! Review to follow on the blog!
Mairead Hearne (swirlandthread.com)
Caimh McDonnell is a comedian who has very successfully turned his hand to writing with the creation of the most lovable rogue, Bunny McGarry. With a number of hilarious books published over the last few years, Caimh made the decision to create something very special, a novella capturing the wit and humour of Bunny, that would help provide much needed funds for a charity that is doing incredible work with the homeless, the Peter McVerry Trust.

Bloody Christmas is a limited edition standalone
Gerry Skerritt
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really can't get enough of Bunny in particular but love all of the characters in Caimh's books.

Another masterpiece which is set just after the first book "A Man with one of those faces" so if you are enjoying this book too then splurge out on the whole series (and the short stories) for Christmas - or suggest it to someone who loves you.

All proceeds will go to the Peter McVerry Trust so you can be entertained and give a a great charity at the same time.
Quinn
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime
I didn't realise just how much I've missed Bunny and his shennanigans until now.

This was such a fun, little snippet of what Bunny gets up to - though to be honest, all of Bunny's novellas have been such a blast to read and I do very much appreciate the continuity.

I also love the fact that all proceeds from this book goes to a charity (the Peter McVerry Trust) that helps those who are homeless.
john abbey
Typical Bunny

If you're familiar with Bunny, then you know exactly what you're going to get from this. If not, do yourself a big favour and hit the download button now. You'll come for the warm fuzzy feeling you get from helping a charity, you'll stay because Bunny and his associates are hilarious.
Linda Jane Fyvie
Hilarious

And brillint.everything I have come to expect from this author&bunny of course.have read every book&short story loved every last bit.cannot wait for the next.back where it started.just hope I don't have to wait too long
terry barry
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bunny at his best! What a great read! Have now read all the books and have thoroughly enjoyed everyone! Thanks Caimh . 11 out of 10 from me. Merry Xmas
James Q Small
Always a great read.
Chris & Phil Butterworth
So funny as usual

I've missed Bunny hope to hear there's another book about him coming soon merry Christmas Caimh hope the homeless charity gets a lot of money xx
Joanne
Another great read

Bunny is a character that I simply can't get enough of. These novels are my favorite books ever. Don't miss out.
Ellen
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review to follow over at Bibliophilebookclub.com
James Frederick
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, man...what a great time THIS was! Mr. McDonnell has leaped to the front of my list of favorite authors. I read this one in one sitting. It is a novella, but I would have gladly read another couple hours worth.

I can no longer read this author's work in bed. Why? Because I so frequently burst out laughing, that I worry about waking up my beautiful wife. In deference to her, I need to read elsewhere. What is it about these books that is so darned hysterical? All I can say is that the author is
Don Jimmy
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bunny McGarry is back in this new novella, which is set all the way back between book 1 and 2 of the original trilogy (A Man With One Of Those Faces and The Day That Never Comes). Don't worry if you haven't read the other books, as this is definitely a stand alone. This is also the second time we visit Bunny during Christmas, so those who have read the books previously will be used to the kinds of shenanigans he gets up to at this time of year.

The story here is great and filled with Christmas
Tony
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my second dip into the world of Bunny McGarret and I most say it does not disappoint. If you have not yet experienced the sublime comedy of Caimh McDonnell then you are in for a treat. This story is a novella and not a long read and can be read in one glorious fun filled reading.

What is more all the proceeds go to helping homeless people.

Double feelgood.
Dympna Hooper
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Merry Bunny Christmas!

Caimh does it so well! The one-off charity books are often rather disappointing, but not this one.

One day in the life of Bunny McGarry, laced as always with just a touch of insanity. If you have enjoyed the books you'll love this, if this is your first taste of Bunny you'll want the books.

Great fun. Thoroughly recommended.
Shawn P
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Same old Bunny and I wouldn't want it any other way

I can't get enough of the Mr. McDonnell's books. Love the Bunny McGarry character and this short is a nice continuation to the series. Would love to see a future book bring back Paul and Bridget, I really enjoyed those early characters.
Thebrit
Another winner......

If you haven't already read the Bunny books you really should. Caimh is a great author who makes the characters really come alive. The stories are great as are the laugh out loud lines. Don't miss these books. This is such a terrific way to help the people who rely on The Peter McCarty Trust. Thanks Caimh, can't wait for more!
Anna
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Too short‼

Can’t wait for the next one to come out! This is the first time I’ve listened to a book more than once! And I’m going to do it again. And again. And again. Then I think I’ll read them again as well. What’s more, I won’t be wasting my time. Thank you for bringing such wonderful characters into my life.
Jason Arscott
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A cracker and for charity win, win

Bunny at his best and the proceeds go to a charity, what more could you want. I would recommend starting at the beginning with the four piece trilogy but this is still a good stand alone
Sinead Henneke
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very funny, great read and also a great introduction to the main character, Bunny McGarry, if you don't know Caimh McDonnell's books - all of which you should definitely read. And of course it is for a great cause, The Peter McVerry Trust in Dublin.
Mr Christopher Flack
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Christmas Miracle!

Another fine piece of work from McDonnell, Bloody Christmas is a rattle through an eventful day in the life of our favourite Corkonian Guard, Bunny McGarry. Read in one sitting to the the full effect, a lovely thing!
Steve Black
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very short novella, but no less welcome to have the opportunity to be re-acquainted with Bunny McGarry. As enjoyable as all the rest of the books, can't wait for the next full length novel, due March next year. And it's all for a very good cause, well done Caimh McDonnell.
Tom Hailand
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bunny !

Hip hip huray! Tis a beautiful thing this holiday gift from Santa Caimh! Sorry about the use of 3 ! I'm obviously excited! Oops, 4
Nicki
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good fun and for a very good cause!
Joey Brodie
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bloody Christmas is fun, hilarious and an all-around great mystery thriller! It's also a good Christmas read for those who aren't into Elf on the Shelf and Rudolph, if you know what I mean.
Keri
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Too short! But festive.

I want more bunny! This was silly and fun and believable. I know it’s a Novella but I’d have happily read 300 more pages!
John Gratton
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Off beat (Ha ha)

My introduction to the McGarry books, good enough to make me buy the others. Subtle humor and quirky characters make for a good Christmas tale.
Simone Wallnöfer
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another brilliant story of our hero, the big man. Fun and heartwarming, and good for your karna, too, as the money you pay goes to a charity. Merry bloody Christmas to ye all!
Elizabeth Patton
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You betterwarch out...

Santa meets Mary and Joseph in Bunny's local, and a Christmas miracle ensues. Laugh-out-loud hilarity abounds! Thank you, Caimh. This is anotherwinner!
Mary Rose Pizzuto
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A quick holiday visit from the Big Man himself!

An enjoyable, fast-paced episode from our favorite curmudgeonly detective that fills in some blanks in the existing saga in the midst of a complete holiday tale handled with typical Bunny McGarry style. Merry Christmas to all!

• Owned by the Mob Boss (Russian Crime Brotherhood, #6)
  • The Midnight Wife
  • Home Truths
  • Bred in the Bone (Widow's Island #4)
  • Only Daughter
  • I See You (Criminal Profiler, #2)
  • Her Silent Cry (Detective Josie Quinn #6)
  • Whisper of Bones (Widow's Island #3)
  • The Poison Garden
  • Sara's Game (Sara Winthrop, #1)
  • Thin Line (Jack Noble #3)
  • The Tracker (Sam Callahan, #1)
  • The Mistake
  • An Equal Justice (David Adams, #1)
  • The Zombie Room
  • The Last Thing She Ever Did
  • The Elephant Tree
  • The Institute
Caimh is a man who wears many hats. As well as being an author, he is an award-winning writer for TV, a stand-up comedian and 'the voice of London Irish' rugby club. A Man With One of Those Faces was his first novel and it was released in 2016. It has since been followed by the second book in his Dublin Trilogy - The Day That Never Comes and the prequel Angles in the Moonlight. His books are ...more

Dublin Trilogy (3 books)
  • A Man With One of Those Faces (The Dublin Trilogy #1)
  • The Day That Never Comes (The Dublin Trilogy #2)
  • Last Orders (The Dublin Trilogy #3)