Start by marking “In the Pocket (Virginia Valley University #1)” as Want to Read:
In the Pocket (Virginia Valley University #1)

In the Pocket

(Virginia Valley University #1)

Fame, fortune, and paparazzi? No, thank you. Been there, done that.

All former child star Katie Sullivan wants is to live a normal life. Shes spent years burying her past, and shell do anything to keep it that way. Then one too many drinks combined with a dare has her asking out Wyatt Archer. Unfortunately, he's anything but low-profile, and shes not about to give up her
Published January 16th 2020 by Peake Ink Press

To ask other readers questions about In the Pocket, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Pocket

Start your review of In the Pocket (Virginia Valley University #1)
Anne OK
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Back on campus for a little visit, you're always sure to stumble upon the football team's golden boy QB, a new girl who just wants to remain unseen and plenty of young lust -- and maybe even a budding new love.

This is the beginning to a new series (Virginia Valley University) and the first book was a good solid start and kept me entertained. I really enjoyed reading this one and loved the two main characters, along with their sidekicks, the great banter and interaction. The book is written well,
Karen
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
A nice variation of famous football college quarterback and college girl. She's a former child star living quiet at a Virginia college. She really doesn't want to be found out. You see where this is going, right?

Her sister adds a bit more to the drama but you'll not care for her.

Interesting the decisions football players face.
LMR
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Readers Over 18 Only Please
Recommended to LMR by: Jessica Ruddick & Booksprout!
It's Time To Get "In the Pocket" For Life...
She's just look'n for a Safety Zone...
Every since She Stepped outta the LimeLight She's sought a Way to Stay "In the Pocket!"
HowEver, it looks like a Drunken Bar Crawl & a Dare...
Will push Her into mak'n a PLAY!
Ohhh... And it's NOT just Any Ol' PLAY either...
Nope, She's Step'n from "In the Pocket" to make the Proverbial Hail Mary PASS!
Cuz, She's the Innocent V®GN...
While He's the Country's BEST College Quarterback!
And when things GO South...
She's
RaeLatte
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When a former child star does everything she can to escape her past she will find herself once again in the spotlight. When a college football player rises to her challenge this story soars.

A nagging sister and family drama make way for obstacles to overcome. Despite their differences, they will realize that they can't live without each other. Both are willing to risk everything for love.

Assumptions, family obligations, and a chance to live life on their own terms. Loved this book! The story
KL Cassanello
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Katie's a former child star who's done with being famous. She just wants a quiet life, and to finish college. She asks Wyatt out on a drunk dare, and now she's having dinner with the star quarterback. She knows he&'s not just another dumb jock - he's fascinated with her because she doesn't fawn all over him. She's trying to stay out of his spotlight. And trying so hard to stay out of the spotlight of her past. No one knows who she really is, and she'd like to keep it that way. But what ...more
Sherri Babb
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have fallen in love with this new series by Jessica Ruddick. From the moment I began reading Wyatt and Katelyn story I was hooked. I loved the story line and the characters. Wyatt is a football player who decides he wants to finish college before he enters the draft. He knows that when he cannot play football anymore he needs something to fall back on. Katelyn was a child star. She decided to leave that life so that she could have a normal life. She left her twin sister and her mom behind so ...more
Annie
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I volunteered to read this ARC for an honest review. I enjoyed this story about Wyatt and Katie. Katie and her twin sister, Kassidy were child stars, but Katie decided she didn't want that life anymore. She moved with her dad and went to a normal school, while Kassidy stayed in showbusiness. When she's our for a friend's birthday party, they dare her to talk to Wyatt Archer, star quarterback. Wyatt remembers Katie from class and agrees to the date she throws out there. He is drawn to her since ...more
Treena
1.5 to 2 Stars

I'm sorry to be the first not-so-great review posted. Just trying to be honest about my feelings about the books I've read. Sadly, this one didn't really work for me, which is a shame bec it had all the elements that I normally love in a book. Sports romance, twins, he likes her but she doesn't.

I wanted to like the story but I quickly got tired of the mental agonizing, all the over-analyzing, that was happening, especially on Katie's part. The story has this angsty feel to it that
Behind Books
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is so my type of book. It has romance, humor and a little of sassiness
Drunk Katie is so hilarious
Drinking too many fruity drinks, throwing myself at Wyatt, having even more fruity drinks, exuberantly announcing to Main Street that I was dating the Archer. Oh God.
Wyatt has been added to my recently book-boyfriend list *without a doubt*
I don't know if theres gonna be another story about them... I hope so, the end was kind of cliffhanging. if not, it would be awesome to have an epilogue

*I
Kari Hansen
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Katie wants to leave her celebrity status in the past however things are about to become complicated when a few drinks too many and a dare finds her on a date with the one man on campus who commands media attention wherever he goes.

Wyatt is the star quarterback for the college football team who is destined for a bright future. Most women are happy to be with him because of the attention he attracts but Katie wants to be with him despite it. Will she be able to keep her past a secret and what
Deb O
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome book that I really enjoyed. The story and characters grabbed me from the beginning and I couldn't stop reading. I loved the characters and watching them grow together, they were well written and went well together. I found this book amazing with great word building making me feel apart of the story and watching it unfold in front of me. A definite must read for any fan and I can't wait to read more from this author!!!

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am
Rachael
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cute

Katie is a retired child actress that didn't like the aspects of fame and tries to bury her past. On a dare she falls pretty fast for rising star quarterback Wyatt. They have a pretty quick rushed romance and both hav e secrets from each other. Was a decent storyline but felt that it was rushed and things were left out or unresolved. Ending was happy but not quite fulfilling.
Marilyn Smith
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing

If you love sports story and I do, this is one you cant not read! This has wonderful characters that has a hot quarterback that is used to having women throwing themselves at him but when one runs the other way its a sure fire way to get his attention! This is a wonderful storyline and characters that will pull you into a great story. I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Courtney Turner
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Okay I have to say I loved this book. The plot was great and it got me hooked right from the start. All the characters were fun and sweet and you will fall in love with them all. I think the only thing I would have changed is the ending. I found like I wanted more and it ended too abruptly. I feel like there should have been more to the end. Maybe an epilogue or something. I would still recommend this book.

Mary
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed Katie and Wyatt's story! It's a good college romance between a childhood star and the universities star quarterback. She wants to remain out of the spot light and he is destined for the spot light. He notices her is class one day and realizes she is not like the other girls. On a birthday bar crawl with her friends they make a dare and she has to ask out Wyatt. This is a good heartfelt romance with some humor, drama and more.
Ashleigh
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I gotta say, this book was everything and nothing like I expected. I could not put it down once I started it and did not want it to end when I got there.

An emotionally charged and heartfelt story-line that grabs you right from the start, keeping you engrossed in the love aspect and on edge while you are rooting for the team at the same time!

I received a copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Elizabeth McDaniel
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wyatt was the man on campus. Katie was the child star hiding from her past. He was always into one night stands but not with Katie. But when her identity came out would their relationship end? Fun and exciting read

Jeanne Richardson
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st book I've read written by Jessica Ruddick; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I cant wait to read more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

I received a free copy of this book via booksprout and Im voluntarily leaving a review.
Melissa
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: booksprout
Katie just wants a normal life far away from the spotlight and the administration of her mom and twin sister. Wyatt is a college football player set on getting his degree before being drafted.
I liked the plot, the paced, the laugh out loud moments and how they find a way to fight for their love.

Tammy
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fun read with an unexpected match of Wyatt and Katie. Both are very likable. Katie tries to stay out of the spotlight while Wyatt shines in it but doesn't really need it. Enjoyed watching their relationship develop. Story was steady paced and ended well.
Lauren Ackerman
Mar 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: standalone, arc
I very much enjoyed this book! Would recommend it for anyone who is a fan of Sports Romances. I liked the writing style and the main characters.

Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING! A fantastic, well written read. An intense storyline that holds your attention as you get caught up in the fierce twists and hot chemistry. Plenty of excitement and emotionally heartfelt. A thrilling must read.
"I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book."
Lisa
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Katie is living a lie and cant tell anyone. Then Wyatt comes and rocks her world and shes finally happy until that secret comes out

Jeanne Kotsios
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book hooked me from the get go I just couldnt put it down I fell in love with these characters and omg what a story just a perfect

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review
Kathryn L.
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Pretty cute!

It started slow & then wrapped pretty fast! Not much about being in college & stuff, but the characters were cute! Hot football player fell for the smart girl, but had more to it. I look forward to reading more from this author.
Marnee Blake
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Star college quarterback and an ex-child star in hiding. I loved both these characters--their struggles and their romance. If you like sports romance, college settings, and swoony heroes, then you're going to love this book. Highly recommend.
Kathy Mccalmon
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a sports romance. The characters are well written and engaging. The story line has drama chemistry and action.

I received a free copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Jackie
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Romance and humour to make a perfect story. Impossible to not enjoy.
Jackie Roberts
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a quick and charming romance story that is perfect for a rainy day afternoon read. I enjoyed it thoroughly and highly recommend it.
Tayra Sanders
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the first book from this author that I read. It was well written, well developed characters and plot. I was very entertained.

• Cannon (Carolina Reapers, #5)
  • Breaking Defenses
  • Logan (Carolina Reapers, #4)
  • Hopeless Romantic (McCabe Brothers, #1)
  • No Paine No Gain (The Treehouse Boys #2)
  • When the Saint Falls (Westbrook Three, #1)
  • Hatemates
  • Breathless
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Hot as Puck (Bad Motherpuckers, #1)
  • Puck Me Baby (Bad Motherpuckers, #4)
  • Truly Madly Mine (Swoon #4)
  • Puck Buddies (Bad Motherpuckers #6)
  • Love Divide (Battlefield of Love, #2)
  • Love Conquer (Battlefield of Love #3)
  • The Wish Maker (The Billionaires of Silicon Forest, #2)
  • Been There, Married That
  • Weston's Treasure (Gemini Group #3)
Jessica Ruddick is a 2014 Golden Heart finalist for her new adult novel, Letting Go, which was inspired by her own college experiences. She lives in Virginia and is married to her college sweethearttheir first date was a fraternity toga party (and nothing inspires love like a toga, right?). When she doesnt have her nose in a book or her hands on a keyboard, she can be found wrangling her two ...more

Virginia Valley University (3 books)
  • Fair Catch (Virginia Valley University #2)
  • False Start (Virginia Valley University #3)

News & Interviews