Start by marking “Christmas Inn Maine” as Want to Read:
Christmas Inn Maine

Christmas Inn Maine

All Colden Hayes wanted was to spend Christmas by herself in a cottage by the sea where the cheer of the holiday season couldn’t reach her. Everything was going according to plan until the cottage she rented turned out not to exist and she ends up snowed in at a charming inn that happens to be owned by the family of her most-hated coworker, Laura Sterling. Talk about bad l ...more
Published December 23rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Inn Maine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas Inn Maine

Start your review of Christmas Inn Maine
Leah
Dec 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
‘Christmas Inn Maine’ was a good surprise for me. I went in with low expectations and was very pleasantly surprised.

It’s a rivals-to-lovers Christmas novella about Colden, who is a non-binary/demigirl. She is also a hilarious sarcastic grump. Colden is wanting to enjoy her two-week Christmas vacation when she finds out the cottage she rented doesn’t exist. She’s then forced to stop at an inn for an overnight stay and happens to run into her annoying co-worker, Laura.

Laura’s family owns the inn
Tara
Colden is a supergrump and I love her. She’s been alone for a long time, so it’s understandable why she’s so guarded. I loved seeing her warm up to all the Sterlings, especially how she figures out that she might be attracted to Laura. Colden has a big emotional journey and I found it thoroughly satisfying.

We don’t get to see as much into who Laura is as a person, since this is Colden’s book, and I was okay with that. Her main thing is that she’s forging a path for herself that’s different from
AnnMaree Of Oz
Dec 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Colden is non-binary and identifies as a demigirl and uses both she/her and they/them pronouns depending on their feelings and moods. Colden is a sour, sarcastic, closed off grumpy-butt! But I kinda love their sarcastic witty dark humour and monologues in the story. But it's clear they are also kinda clueless and lonely in life. Colden makes a lot of unfair assumptions and is also missing out on a lot of life by being such a judgemental loner.

Laura is her dazzling co-worker. Colden is constantl
Alex
I wasn’t expecting to like this as much as I did. I loved Colden, I loved the Sterling’s, and I adored Laura. The only holiday stuff I do is read Holiday romances, I’m not much for the over the top holiday spirit and extravaganza BUT the Sterling’s got me hooked. I would like to read more about them, in Boston, or Maine, or wherever, I just want more.
Anniek
Gender feels, a pig, and plenty of snacks. What's not to love?

I actually really enjoyed this, but at the same time, I didn't love it as much as I hoped I would. I just feel like the plot could have done with a little more direction. I also found a few inconsistencies in the text that took me out of the story a little.

Rep: non-binary/demigirl MC, lesbian love interest, queer side character, trans side character, autistic side character

CWs: past death of a parent, grief, sex
Althea
Okay this was my favourite Christmas novella I've read yet, and it had probably one of my least favourite tropes - rivals to lovers! This was SUCH a fun read, full RTC! ...more
Loek Krancher
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!

What happens when your holiday plans go south and you end up with a co-worker you hate? There is a fine line between love and hate and the question is, will they cross this line? I loved how the main characters grow to be more themselves and it was great watching them discover new characteristics of each other. Another thing that I really appreciated in this story, was reading about other gender identities than the ones you usually read in romance, namely a non-binary character. Christ
Kexx
Really enjoyed this - and didn't follow Colden's advise: don't start a new book within an hour of going to bed - it did indeed bite me on the ass! Quite short, very much in the now & I would have loved to hear more about their lives - but, hey, thank you. A class act. ...more
Ana
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: queer, romance
3.5/5

Holy moly this was soooooooo Christmassy. Like overwhelmingly so. Utterly incomprehensible amounts of cookies were consumed. There was sledding, wreath-making, present-buying, Christmas carols played on the piano, Christmas charades, a Christmas pajama fashion show, decorating the afore-mentioned cookies... thank god for the occasional charcuterie plate the main characters shared between bouts of sex.

All this with a main character who had intended to spend two weeks of holiday alone in an i
Jessica May
Apr 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: gay
I actually read this when it first came out, it's a habit of buying anything gay that Chelsea releases. (Anything gay). I reread it again in the last week because it really is such a quick and easy read. As much as there was friction between the main pair, (a friction that I honestly don't know why existed in the first place because it didn't really delve into that too much) it wasn't really an angsty book.

I liked the whole family vibe of the book. It really captured what it was like to be in s
Jeff
I wanted to rate this book higher, but there were a few things that prevented me from doing so. First with the good points of the book. I loved the story itself, how much at the Christmas holiday it was, how much family love was shown. The story built well and I enjoyed the characters and the overall storyline. So those are all things that make the story worth reading.

The negatives I saw had more to do with some of the language used in the story and the narration of the audiobook. If you are thi
Liz L.
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Christmas romance

This was a great Christmas read! Colden was the equivalent of the Grinch, wanting to spend her Christmas alone in a cabin in Maine. But when the cabin she was promised is nowhere to be found she stumbles upon an inn. She decides to stay there for the night while she thinks over what to do about her no cabin situation. But suddenly she discovers the inn is run by her work nemesis’ family. Laura and Colden don’t really get along but as Colden becomes stuck at the inn for th
carrietracy
Dec 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: racy-romance, lgbt
This is a Hallmark Christmas movie of a book. Colden's cottage rental plans fall through leaving them stranded in Maine at their much loathed co-worker's family inn.

There's a whole lot of accepting family (including a trans uncle and definitely some other lesbian/bi characters) all on site working at the family business. As time goes by, Colden finds theirself more and more intertwined with the family and her maaaaybe not so loathsome coworker Laura.

There's a comic relief pig, car trouble, one-b
Helen
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, lgbtqia
(3.5 Christmas stars!)

Another fun fluff-fest from Chelsea M. Cameron! I planned to read a bunch of fluffy Christmas romances this year and sadly didn't have enough time, but I did manage to squeeze this one in and I'm so happy it is. I feel like Chelsea is the perfect holiday writer since their books are always fluffy, low-conflict and fun, and this one had the cosiest vibes. It's also the first (?) fiction book I've read with a non-binary MC (unless something is slipping my mind) and I enjoyed
Krista
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was ok
FULL of Christmas tropes sounds like it would be my catnip! Unfortunately, while I enjoyed the plot (yay Christmas! Yay tropes!) and setting, the writing style is not for me and detracted from my enjoyment. It's very "this happened, and then that happened" and it felt...unpolished? IDK. It didn't work for me.

There are also a number of plot incongruities that are all individually minor, but collectively (along with (view spoiler)) the
Mar 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Is there such a thing as too much Christmas vibe? The Grinch in me would like to agree - but after reading this book he is buried under several Christmas trees, mistletoes and tons of cookies.

One of the leads, Colden, is a demigirl alternating how she or they want(s) to be perceived on a daily bases. I would have liked to learn more about what this means for her/them, but unfortunately the book is lacking in this aspect.

Still, this is a feel good romance which is so adorable sweet, that I probab
Amanda
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-f-romance
this was filled with every cliche that i love and was just really fun to read!
had never read anything from this author before but definitely gonna read more from her in the next year!
great representation and an amazing read for the holidays.
the ending was a bit rushed, and the MC annoyed me sometimes, but those are the only reasons this isn’t a 5 stars. everything else= perfection, and just what i needed this time of year
Elinor
Dec 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-uf
the Christmas vibes were immaculate
headcanon : Colden is arospec (probably demiromantic or greyromantic but i'm thinking more demiro)
so that was a very cute and heartwarming Christmas read. Nice to see demigirl rep... and funny that i was reading this book while finally figuring out that i am probably a demigirl as well (yes i'm still in the acceptance phase) (by the way if someone has stories with demigirl rep to recommend that would be awesome)
Joyce
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I recommend this book

I enjoy a good Christmas romance this is a good book. The characters are very likable and well developed. I loved the pet pig. Thanks for a very enjoyable read.
Kristyn Brunson
Dec 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sweetest Holiday Romance

Not only is this the sweetest holiday romance, it's queer and with a nonbinary pov character. I'm over the moon with this book and will be rereading it every winter holiday season. The end was so sweet I happy cried!
Heather Smith
Dec 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
READ IT NOW!

This book was amazingly frustrating but worth it in the end. I loved how there was a non-binary character and a character from all aspects of the LGBTQ community. This was my first book with this author but I know for sure this will not be the last!
Doug Elliott
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a nice cozy holiday tale with a cute couple, a little bit of angst, an interesting cast of secondary characters and of course Minnie the not-so-miniature pig.
PJ Jones
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fun read

Great characters but a little uneven at the first part. Still it was an enlightening read. Truly lifeblood with Christmas theme.
Genesis Hansen
Apr 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: popsugar-2020
Cute #ownvoices enemies-to-lovers holiday romance with a non-binary protagonist.
Kaylee
May 09, 2020 rated it liked it
A pleasant distraction
Gun Roswell
Jul 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
More books like this, pretty please😊
An absolutely fabulous read!
Heidi
Jul 31, 2020 rated it liked it
Audio book. Something about the narrator didn’t flow well for me. The story wasn’t bad, but didn’t capture me. I did like the pig, that was a cute twist.
Erica
Oct 06, 2020 rated it liked it
A nice romantic story.
LeeBookie
Dec 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great almost enemies to lovers romance. Perfect Christmas season book.
Elena
Dec 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very queer, very hallmark-y, lots of fun!

• Mutual Benefits
  • Must Love Silence
  • Heart Failure
  • The Wrong Date
  • When You Least Expect It
  • Entangled  (Tangle Valley, #1)
  • Dare to Love
  • Scent
  • Home
  • Winter Magic
  • Checking It Twice
  • Twice Upon A Time
See top shelves…
Chelsea M. Cameron is a New York Times/USA Today/Internationally Best Selling author from Maine who now lives and works in Boston. She's a red velvet cake enthusiast, obsessive tea drinker, vegetarian, former cheerleader, and world's worst video gamer. When not writing, she enjoys watching infomercials, getting brunch with her partner, tweeting, and playing fetch with her cat, Sassenach. She has a ...more