Start by marking “Reluctant to Love” as Want to Read:
Reluctant to Love

Reluctant to Love

I don’t believe in love, fate, or second chances. But Roderick Payne just might make me a believer.
Years ago, his stunning betrayal shattered my heart.
Unexpectedly, he comes to my rescue, leaving me no choice but to accept the help he’s offered.
When we’re forced to share a room, more than just secrets are revealed in the dark. Old flames reignite and scars finally heal.

To ask other readers questions about Reluctant to Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reluctant to Love

Start your review of Reluctant to Love
Jessica Alcazar
You know what reeeeeeally makes me happy?

This book. This story. This is what makes me reeeeeeally happy.

4.5 'blow my new-to-me-author expectations out of the water' Stars
Ana Laura
Lena
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a perfect novella to start the new year with! Roderick will melt your heart with his sweetness and sexiness. Although a novella I didn’t feel rush, there was highs and lows to to story that brought it all together in a perfect little package.
Veronica WordsAreMyDrinkOfChoice
Jan 24, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: avoid
Glenna Maynard
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fast paced sexy read. A great start to the written in the stars series. Excited for the next.
Cc
It was on KU and the trigger chicks were screaming. Not vouching for book so much as voting against judgey ppl.
Sparklin
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This one by far the best second chance. Book I have read so far.
Roderick did Eleanor wrong in the past. These two meet up at a convention. Will the stars line up right for these two. This book definitely had several twist and turns. Although this is book one in the Written In The Stars series. This book can be read as a standalone.
Jennifer Pierson
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OH MY HELL! Reluctant to Love was a short(ish) novella which kicked off the Written in the Stars series, as all different authors will base their story on a zodiac sign, and this story was all about Aquarius. Our Aquarius in this story is Ellie, with the hero being Roderick. He broke her heart in the past, so it's not quite going to be an easy journey. However, when she needs his help, he comes to the rescue, and while Ellie isn't forgetting the betrayal, she's not making him pay for it either, ...more
Tanja Kezmic
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: omgreads, jan-2020, 4star
I love cute stories like this one – especially when they are delivered by new-to-me author (happy sigh). Roderick and Ellie (who's Aquarius like me :D) have a troubled past and they definitely deserved a second chance. This story had me laughing out loud and it had me rooting for Ellie to let Roderick in. I even loved the drama surrounding Roderick and that Ellie didn't let it get to her and decided to put her trust in him.

Perfect start to this series and now I’m more than ready to meet the
Erin
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is my first Rebecca Gallo book and definitely won't be the last. Even with the short length of this book, she gave me a unique and detailed way of bringing her characters to life. I'm a sucker for a second chance romance and Eleanor and Rodrick delivered. This was a short and sweet novella that packs a lot into one punch.
My only complaint would be that I wish there was more. With the short length, all the life altering events we learn about sometimes felt brushed over. This didn't take
jaclyn malkiewicz
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A second chance romance, secrets, soul mates, and a HEA! This book has it all! Just a few chapters in and I was already crying. . . That's when I knew I was a goner!

Ellie is just my kinda girl! She is feisty and does not give in easy, but when it is written in the stars or the cards, sometimes you just cant fight it anymore. . . Seriously why fight fate? Maybe ots the Aquarian in me, that really connected with Ellie, but I just loved her and this story. I read it in 1 sitting, could not put it
michelle Shelly
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fast sweet read

I love second chance romances and this one sweet and sexy. Roderick not only broke Eleanor’s heart he demolished it. Now he’s ready for his second chance. Only thing secrets broke them apart now will secrets keep them apart?
Cute, sweet sexy little read. It’s very fast pace and easy to stay engrossed in. It’s entertaining and the characters are fantastic. Really enjoyed it.
Nicole
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second Chance Romance at it’s best!!

This is my first book I’ve read of Ms. Gallo’s and I can definitely tell you I’m not disappointed in the least. This is a story of second chances. Roderick made a few very bad choices 5 years ago, and even though he feels incredible guilty over his choices he has zero regrets. His Choices however have made a great impact on Eleanor. When he learns that Ellie is going to be at the same convention as he is, he begins to take matters into his own hands. He
Jean Dewsbury
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Their relationship was built on secrets. Secrets Roderick withheld from Eleanor who was his ghostwriter on what was to become a best seller. What Eleanor didn't relise was that once those secrets were discovered her life was about to change forever. That was four years ago.
Eleanor has been slowly trying to rebuild her writing career, and has a meeting with a agent who appears will help her to kickstart her career.
What Eleanor wasn't expecting was to be drawn back into Roderick's world and as the
Belle's Book Labyrinth
Although a novella, this story did not lack on anything and did not feel rushed. I just love this couple! I love second chance stories but what I love about Ellie and Roderick is that unlike other couples I've read in other books, they actually communicate and while Ellie is careful, she doesn't try to act like she hates him or tries to be tough. She's real and so is Roderick. The passion is hot, there are twists and turns, secrets, and of course a HEA. Plus, Roderick is sexy as hell yet so ...more
Marianela Aybar (Mari Loves Books Blog)
Amazing! I loved Ellie's mom because she sounds like me, looking towards the stars, crystals, tarots, in order to find answers. She always got them too. It helped Ellie follow her heart even though she was hurting. I love that Roderick doesn't waste any time in trying to get Ellie to be his again. The story is heartbreaking but so real. You can't help who you fall in love with and if they're the ones for you, you do what you can to get them back.
Ashley Olson- lovestoread08
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
12 authors have come together to write a series called Written in the Stars, each book will focus around a zodiac sign. Book one by Rebecca Gallo is Reluctant to Love (Aquarius) is Ellie (the Aquarius) and Roderick’s story. Reluctant to Love is a second chance romance story and Rebecca Gallo hit the nail on the head with this one!!! I have read a lot of second chance stories that drove me nuts! They were full of angry couples who still loved each other but were angry and bitter and refused to ...more
Sherricka Cuffee
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I could never pass up the opportunity to read a book based on my horoscope. And I’m so glad I didn’t!! This book is down right amazing! The love between them two was so refreshing and sucked me right in!
Paula  Phillips
I wasn't sure what Reluctant to Love was about but was drawn to it from the words the "Written in the Stars" and how each book was based on an Astrology sign. As though I don't fully believe in that side of things myself, I have always found things like horoscopes and tarot cards fascinating - this was why I loved New Orleans as they had this in all forms. Reluctant to Love starts with our female character Eleanor aka Ellie heading to a hotel for a book conference as she is ready for her dream ...more
Sharon
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This is the first book in the Written in the Stars series which brings together twelve authors penning stories around each of the zodiac signs. Up first is Aquarius and it is Eleanor’s story of a second chance at romance with her lost love Roderick, a Leo. The attraction between these two opposite signs combines to form a fountain of creativity that allows each person to deepen their relationship while they learn to let go and give each other the space to lead. I loved the writing style
Kelly cowee
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The characters Eleanor and Roderick work very well together. Eleanor and Roderick have a history together. They need to realize they deserve a second chance and come to terms with what they are missing out on.

Eleanor is attending a convention where she is hoping to make her dreams a reality, but it is quite possible that fate has other plans. Is it possible that Roderick knew that his first love would be there? Can the two of them work out the secrets they both have? Will they get the second
Kari Hansen
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Roderick fell in love with Ellie not because he wanted to but because he was unable to deny his feelings for her. He is a man with secrets and when those secrets are exposed both of their lives and hearts are left devastated.

Ellie never expected to see him again, but destiny must have had other ideas. Roderick wants a second chance, but will he be able to convince her to give him a second chance especially when Ellie has a secret of her own?

Both of these characters have made mistakes in their
Mandy Barnes
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”
― Helen Keller

Reluctant to love was a great story of heartbreak and love and how the universe will throw you for a loop. I was amazed at how Rebecca Gallo wrote Eleanore and Roderick’s story that was filled with passion while trying to find that second chance that we may not always get in life.

Eleanore is at the end of her rope and is hoping
J. Ockenhouse
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Mistakes, secrets, betrayal, lack of true communications are the reason our characters are looking for a 2nd chance. There is a good story here because it doesn't hold back and will bring feelings out of you. Everyone will see something different but you will have a response to the story.

Can they work past anger, pain, resentment to show that honestly is the best medicine otherwise that bitter pill can choke out the deepest of relationships. Not your run of the mill 2nd chance either. I received
Lara
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When Roderick broke her heart four years ago she never thought she'd see him again. Ellie just can't catch a break though. When truths start to come out will all their secrets be revealed?
Exciting as Roderick and Ellie discover love can withstand the toughest times.

Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderfully sweet and sexy, second chance read from Rebecca Gallo. Even though this a novella and a quick read, the characters and story line are well developed and will put you on an emotional roller coaster ride from beginning to end. Roderick and Eleanore are given their second chance at love, but will they take it or not? I also enjoyed the horoscope factor of this book woven throughout the story and can't wait to read the other books in this series.
Her Adventures  In Reading
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was the perfect second chance love story with a twist. I literally devoured this book it was so good. Roderick and Eleanor's love story was emotional and swoon worthy. Although this is a novella, the story, past, present and future, is woven so well it felt like a full length novel. I highly recommend this book, if you love second chance romances, you will love this story!
Emma bramley
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a second chance romance read, this is the story about Roderick and Elie. After 4 years apart they meet again and the sparks fly between them. This is a quick read but the story didn't feel rushed at all. This story is both sweet and hot and steamy. I read this book in one sitting, lucky it was a saturday, so I could stay to finish it. This is definitely a must read of 2020.

I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book
Debra Phiri
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Your life written in the stars! Debra @ Janise’s Jivin’ Book Blog

Secrets never bode well for a relationship. Our characters both had/have them and when they come back together the sparks are still there but so are some secrets.

Ellie and Roderick come back together and are given a second chance to do things right. They still have chemistry and some secrets to share but if they can learn from the past then their future will be bright.

I love how the horoscopes played into the story and Ellie’s
Syd Springer
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I really enjoyed with book. Ms. Rebecca did wonderful job with Roderick and Ellie's story. This was a wonderful second chance, secret baby romance that they stars finally aligned with! I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a good HEA read.

« previous 1 3 next »

• Academic Integrity (Scandalous Daddies Club, #1)
  • Misadventures in the Cage (Misadventures, #27)
  • Misadventures with a Firefighter
  • Hot Daddy Package: An Enemies to Lovers Romance
  • Must Love Coffee (A 425 Madison Novel, #1)
  • Insatiable (Steel Brothers Saga #12)
  • Shark's Rise (Shark's Edge Book 3)
  • Kissing & Telling (Breaking The Rules #1)
  • Unbreakable Bond (Fated Mates Duet #1)
  • Shark's Pride (Shark's Edge #2)
  • Homegoing
  • Stolen Moments (Steele Family, #1)
  • Bittersweet Moments (Steele Family, #3)
  • Moonlight Moments (Steele Family #2)
  • Reining Her In
  • Broken Souls (Broken Rebel Brotherhood, #1)
  • Severed Ties That Bind (Troubled Fathoms MC Book 1)
  • His Good Girl
I was first indoctrinated into the romance genre by my babysitter who watched hours upon hours of daytime soap operas. I harbored many inappropriate crushes on fictional characters such as John Black from “Days of Our Lives,” Orry Main from the min-series “North & South,” and Edward Fairfax Rochester from Jane Eyre. I am still in love with Davy Jones from The Monkees.

I currently live in the