Start by marking “Death by Baguette: A Valentine's Day Murder in Paris (Travel Can Be Murder #2)” as Want to Read:
Death by Baguette: A Valentine's Day Murder in Paris (Travel Can Be Murder #2)

Death by Baguette: A Valentine's Day Murder in Paris

(Travel Can Be Murder #2)

Death by Baguette: A Valentine’s Day Murder in Paris

Paris—the city of love, lights … and murder? Join tour guide Lana Hansen as she escorts five couples on an unforgettable Valentine-themed vacation to France! Unfortunately it will be the last trip for one passenger…

Lana Hansen’s future is looking bright. She has money in her bank account, a babysitter for her cat, and eve
Published February 7th 2020 by Traveling Life Press

Start your review of Death by Baguette: A Valentine's Day Murder in Paris (Travel Can Be Murder #2)
Rekha
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic story! Absolutely Brilliant!
I am in awe of Jennifer's storytelling. She weaves such marvellous stories! Paris, Valentine's week, delicious baked goodies, five bickering couples and murder - what a combination!
The second half of the story kept me on the edge of my seat. The ending is nothing short of a nail-biting adventure!
I highly recommend this book.
SA Krishnan
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed it!
The story had a Valentine's day, quarrelling couples and a complex murder. The description was a plus point of the story. Paris was amazing as seen through the book. Enjoyable read.
LORI (Dollycas) CASWELL
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2020
Dollycas’s Thoughts

What could be better than Valentine’s Day in Paris?

Lana Hansen has guided a few tours since New Year’s Day in Hungary. She is also dating again but Dotty Thompson, her landlord and the owner of Wanderlust Tours has scheduled her to take a group of five married couples to Paris for Valentine’s Day and train a new guide. Boyfriend Chad also has to be out of town on business anyway. She is thrilled that her friend Willow will be on the tour. Willow surprised her partner, Jane by
Tripfiction
May 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cozy murder mystery set in PARIS

This is the second volume in the Travel Can Be Murder series by Jennifer S Alderson. It is “A

Valentine’s Day Murder in Paris”.

Lana Hansen will be taking a tour group to Paris, to coincide with Valentine’s Day. She has started dating a slightly older man. At an early romantic picnic they share that both of them are shortly to be out of town and both look forward to picking up with each other when they get back.

Once in Paris she meets up with her group and has a di
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
Jennifer Alderson is an excellent storyteller, and you’ll quickly find yourself caught up in her latest cozy mystery – Death By Baguette! The Paris setting and the couples tour convey a lovely, romantic mood … in theory. However, as the tour begins to fall apart in true cozy mystery fashion, those symbols instead stand in sharp contrast to how everything is actually playing out. Poor Lana lol.

Lana herself is an engaging character, and you’ll find yourself rooting for her right away. (There is a
Elizabeth Lloyd
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Death by Baguette is the second murder mystery involving quick-witted Lana Hansen. A helpful, efficient tour-guide, she takes small groups of wealthy American tourists on organised visits to popular destination. This is also Lana’s first visit to Paris, but she is well prepared and nothing phases her, except discovering her new boyfriend, Chad, is one of the guests and he’s married! Visiting Paris, the city of love, in time for Valentine’s Day sounds idyllic for the couples she accompanies but m ...more
Janice Richardson
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Valentine's Day is for lovers. But on this tour to Paris, there are more squabbles than kisses between the couples Lana is overseeing as a tour guide. The City of Light is rife with arguments, snubs and temper tantrums between the couples on this Wanderlust tour.
The author doesn't slam the reader with the murder in the first few chapters. Rather, she gives the reader a chance to know each character thoroughly before one of the group is murdered. With plenty of history, background and informatio
Christine
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Tour guide Lana Hansen has signed on to an online dating service and met a charming man named Chad. Imagine her surprise when she meets him again on her Wanderlust Tour in Paris and discovers he is married. Death by Baguette by Jennifer S. Alderson is the second in the Travel Can Be Murder series. With complaining couples bickering and arguing throughout the tour, the Valentine-themed tour in Paris is anything but romantic, especially when someone gets killed. Great descriptions of the sights in ...more
Nola Arganbright
Aug 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
Food for thought

A very entertaining read. A tour group tours Paris in what is planned as a romantic week. There is a great amount of squabbling and drama within the group as when one guest falls dead there is no shortage of suspects.
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, read-in-2020
I loved the first book in this series Death on the Danube so I couldn't wait to read this next adventure for our tour guide Lana Hansen.

Lana is back and this time she is taking a tour to the most romantic city in the world for Valentines - Paris, France. After her last tour despite the death, her life is looking up, she has a job that she loves and even her love life is on the up and up. Though she is sad she wont be able to spend it with her new beau Chad, she is shocked to discover that he is
Ira Therebel
Feb 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
I was a bit disappointed with the first book in the series because I figured out long before it happened who did it. This time soon after I started I thought it will be the same. My arrogant mystery loving self was sure I knew who will be killed, how, who did it and why. Well turned out I only knew whom and partially how. With the rest Jennifer Alderson really managed to confuse and surprise me.

Besides that the book is again written in a very entertaining way. I loved the characters and their pe
Victoria Bennison
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As always Jennifer S. Alderson's descriptions tantalized and fulfilled. Leaving us with both the desire to visit Paris...to experience it, and the feeling that we’d done just that.

Also, for those of us who enjoy a cozier life, she takes us on the tour we would choose for ourselves. Good food, beautiful gardens, famous galleries and museums fill the pages like a Holiday wish list. Leaving us to feel, as though life and adventures need not end at a certain age, but continue to change and grow with
Valerie Poore
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This terrific cosy mystery has a really good puzzle to be solved. In true Agatha Christie tradition, a group of people travelling together on a tour of Paris are all suspects in the death of one of their number. The method is not in dispute, but since several of them have a motive, finding the murderer is a challenge for group leader, Lana, and the French police. I thoroughly enjoyed this book as it has such a great sense of place and the wonderful sights of Paris are brought vividly to life. Th ...more
Sandra McKenna
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An excellent read.

Oh, I didn't want this book to end. It is equal to the first in this fabulous cozy mystery series, and this time is set in Paris.
Lana takes a group on a Valentine's day tour to the city of romance, visiting lots of the popular tourist attractions which are described so well, the reader is taken along on the journey with them.
A very cleverly constructed story of lies and deceit which leads to murder.
I cannot recommend it highly enough, and am looking forward to reading more
Caitlin Copp
Feb 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: january-2021
I am absolutely devouring these books. They remind me a lot of the Passport to Peril books. In this installment, Lana Hansen is on her way to Paris, the city of love and romance. She has just started dating a fellow named Chad and is missing him on her trip. With her new romance just kicking off, she is quite surprised to find out that Chad is one of the group members on her trip....as is his wife. As a true professional, she keeps it together and gives her group members a true tour of the city. ...more
E.J. Bauer
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I do love a cozy mystery and this one was located in Paris which made it even better. A murder set amongst some of the city's most famous destinations, well drawn if somewhat tetchy characters and a determined sleuth in the form of tour guide Lana combine to make this, the second in the series Travel can be Murder, a Valentine's Day to remember. For all the wrong reasons. Definitely a cozy read. ...more
Jessica Robbins
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-tour, own-kindle

Travel anyone?? This book will take you on a fantastic trip to Paris. Lana is a tour guide for some pricey trips and this time they are going to France for Valentine's. Before leaving she has a date with a new man she is seeing. Things seem great until the trip starts nd the same man shows up with his wife. Talk about a surprise for Lana. She is just grateful that things didn't get very far between the t
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy from the Great Escapes Book Tours. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Death By Baguette by Jennifer S. Alderson is a complex mystery filled with renewed love and deception.
Who hated the food critic enough to kill him?
Lana Hansen
Lana is our travel guide and, of course, our sleuth. She hasn't traveled much, but she does her homework and does a fabulous job of managing the tours normally. However, occasionally on
Catherine
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lana Hansen's life has taken financial and romantic turns for the better. She's gainfully employed in a job that includes luxurious travel, and has started dating again. Lana is about to embark on her fourth tour as a travel guide, leading a lovers-only trip to Paris for Valentine's Day. While she is excited about the destination, she doesn't relish spending Valentine's Day in one of the world's most romantic cities without her new boyfriend Chad . . .

So imagine Lana's surprise when Chad shows u
Diane Hernandez
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What can be more romantic that a Valentine Day trip to Paris, the City of Lights and Love? Well for Lana the tour host, finding her new boyfriend is on the tour—with his wife—is not the best day in her life. But the tour must go on. When one guest is killed, Lana feels she must discover who the killer is in Death by Baguette, the second book in the Travel can be Murder series.

In the first book in the series, Death on the Danube, Lana is a new tour host for her landlady’s company, Wanderlust Tour
Amber - TBR Book Blog
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another great story in Lana's life as a destination tour guide - which funny, I've been seeing ads on different apps for a destination tour guide service for Italy. Just ironic, or my phone knows what I'm reading :). Anywho, Lana is headed to France this time with a group of married couples to take them around France. Which I love reading about these destination places because I can't fly over large bodies of water and this takes me there.

There is all sorts of mystery and intrigue afoot along t
Monica
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful adventure with Lana as she takes us all over Paris. Great descriptions make you feel like you are there. This was another that I couldn't put down. Quick-paced so I felt like I was right the rushed tour group where you come home from your vacation more stressed and tired than relaxed as the guests kept adding more stops in to try to cram as much as they could into their short Paris stay. Lots of suspects in the death of one of the guests since he was not a very nice person and ...more
Helen Edwards
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I needed a break from serious reading so I read this book. It is very light and easy to read and allows me to escape to a different country with a travel tour. I loved the descriptions of Paris and the various historic sites. As an avid baker, I was interested in the production of baguettes and wondered how poison had been put into one of the sauces. Even the murders and the murderers were different from what we usually get in this type of novel and I did not guess who the "bad guys" were, missi ...more
Roxx Tarantini
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Well written and filled with wonderful tidbits of the city they're visiting, this narrative was expertly crafted. AND this reader was actually able to sniff out the real culprit before the big reveal.

A great new-to-me series and author! This is Book Two of the series, but was a great stand alone. I will be going back to read the first book, and then continuing on from there. I love it when I discover a really good new series that's already several volumes in!

An excellent read that I highly recom
Martie
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Paris during Valentines week, what could be more romantic and murderous. Ms. Alderson’s talented ability to description the sites and tastes of Paris made me feel like I was once again visiting the sites from long ago, eating that wonderful food at picturesque cafés and leisurely enjoying the beauty of those phenomenal gardens. Throw in some wacky tour goers, a murder that any of them could have committed and you’ve got one wonderfully enjoyable read.
Sharon M. Turner
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Valentine's Day tour of Paris!

Lana is the lead guide on a romantic tour of Paris with five couples. This luxury tour was planned to cover the best museums and romantic palaces for this holiday. But instead of romance and love this tour has adult men fighting over racing you boats in a pond, unhappy couples and a gruesome murder on tour. Will Lana survive this tour? Great story....... And more books to read.
Celest
Nov 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Not your typical Valentine's Day

This was another great mystery by Jennifer S. Alderson. She is becoming a favorite of mine now. This book was set in Paris on Valentine's Day, what could be more perfect for the couples on holiday. The murder was an unprecedented addition to the trip that Lana needed to help solve. The police seemed to find everyone suspicious and I was oblivious. A very entertaining mystery. I'll read more books by this author.
Debbie Allen
Mar 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Virginia
Apr 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Love and Murder

Why does Valentine's Day in Paris seem to bring out the worse in couples? Tour guide and former investigative journalist Lana Hansen leads her not so merry band of tourists through the wonders of Paris even after one of them is murdered. Start with Death on the Danube to fully enjoy this delightful series.
Eileen
Jul 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Travel mysteries

I enjoyed this cosy whodunnit mostly for its travel theme. The main character is a tour guide leading a group in Paris. The descriptions of the sights were vivid. This is part of a series, but the first I have read. It didn’t matter that I haven’t read the first one. Looking forward to taking a mental trip with this group again.

• The Next Person You Meet in Heaven
  • The Beekeeper's Promise
  • A Corpse Called Bob (An Izzy Palmer Mystery, #1)
  • The Berlin Spy Trap: A classic espionage thriller
  • Hunter's Blood (The Edinburgh Crime Mysteries #4)
  • Cross Her Heart (Bree Taggert, #1)
  • The Occupation
  • Sea of Memories
  • The Case of the Missing Finger: A Cruise Ship Cozy Mystery (Ellie Tappet Cruise Ship Mysteries Book 1)
  • Watery Ways
  • The Ashes of London (Marwood and Lovett, #1)
  • Granny Smith is Dead (Apple Orchard Cozy #5)
  • Steeped in Murder (Tea and Tarot Cozy Mystery, #1)
  • The Vanishing Man (Charles Lenox Mysteries #0.2)
  • The Cornish Secret of Summer's Promise (A Little Hotel in Cornwall Book 4)
  • Mystery in the Village (Turnham Malpas, #19)
  • Serving Up Suspects (Little Dog Diner #2)
  • Pretty is as Pretty Dies (Myrtle Clover Mysteries, #1)
Hi! I am an American expat currently living in Amsterdam. After traveling extensively around Asia, Oceania, and Central America, I moved to Darwin, Australia, before finally settling in the Netherlands. When not writing, you can find me in a museum, biking around Amsterdam, or enjoying a coffee along the canal while planning my next research trip.

My love of travel, art, and culture inspires my awa

Travel Can Be Murder (5 books)
  • Death on the Danube: A New Year's Murder in Budapest (Travel Can Be Murder #1)
  • Death by Windmill (Travel Can Be Murder #3)
  • Death by Bagpipes: A Summer Murder in Edinburgh (Travel Can Be Murder Cozy Mystery Series Book 4)
  • Death by Fountain: A Christmas Murder in Rome (Travel Can Be Murder Cozy Mystery Series Book 5)