Start by marking “Chase the Blues Away (Summer Lake Seasons, #4)” as Want to Read:
Chase the Blues Away (Summer Lake Seasons, #4)

Chase the Blues Away

(Summer Lake Seasons #4)

Ivan’s finding that small-town life suits him.

He didn’t think he was the kind to settle down, and certainly not in a place like Summer Lake.

But he loves his new job, he loves his new house—even if it doesn’t feel like home yet.

He’s not looking for a woman to love, but he’s open to dating.

Abbie’s not proud of the way she’s lived her life but she’s trying to make up for
ebook
Published November 24th 2019 by Xenion, Inc

To ask other readers questions about Chase the Blues Away, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chase the Blues Away

Start your review of Chase the Blues Away (Summer Lake Seasons, #4)
Becky Claxon
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful Christmas story! Sometimes we can take things to the extreme. That is what Abbie did with her taking care of her mother and making up for her past. Abbie sowed her oats when she was out of high school and wasn’t with her parents much. She feels guilty now that her father has passed away and she is home trying to help her mother. I can relate to Abbie with how you get something in your head that you think is right even if others tell you you are not. I felt bad that Abbie thought ...more
Orla
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Laurie Louis
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Every SJ McCoy I say the same thing, I love the male lead and Ivan is no different. Everyone loves a bad way, but what happens when that bad boy really isn’t a bad boy anymore. Or when the girl who left town and had a little too much fun wants to drastically change now that she’s back.

The story of Ivan and Addie is so fun and yet another great story by SJ McCoy. In the beginning, I found myself yelling at Addie, Neil is not for you. Luckily she finally figured out what everyone knew. Ivan was
Michelle Pierce
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've been waiting for Ivan's book since we originally met him, this book was great. Really enjoyed Ivan and Abbie and all the changes that not only these two went through but her mom as well, to put all their pasts in the past and to look forward to a great future. I always love when we get to see our friends and of course Seymour but I was so happy seeing Gramps again in this book. This book had a perfect HEA for Ivan and Abbie and in a round about way Abbie's mom as well and can I say ...more
Regan Pierce
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an ARC. I loved Ivan when I met him in Chris and Seymour’s book. He’s a good guy who wants to do his best for his boss. At first he wasn’t sure if he was going to like living in a small town like Summer Lake, but he soon starts making friends.
Abbie is trying to make up for being a wild child. She feels guilty for not being around when her father passed away. She thinks she needs to settle down with a boring man, but after a disastrous date with the wrong guy, her mom
C
Another winner in Chasing the Blues Away

SJ McCoy one of my favorite 1-click authors. Not only do I love her books, but through her books we have become personal friends. What could be better than great stories and a friend too!

Ivan and Abbie are a fun loving couple, and warm hearted individuals. You can't help but fall for their love story. (But, that is what McCoy is great at...) Join the gang at Summer Lake to catch up with your besties and family. Stay tuned because you can count on more
Jamie Rhodes
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is another great contemporary romance from SJ McCoy. I will say that I didn't fall in love with Abbie at first. In fact, she quite angered me. But, Ivan saved the day. If you are like me, and Abbie got on your nerves, give her a chance to grow as a character. This book is part of a series, and lots of characters from other books are in this book, but if you want to read this as a stand alone, then you can. Dual point of view. No cliffhanger. And once Abbie gets her head out of her rear, the ...more
Hsu Lee
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily offered to review this book with no obligations and my opinions are honest!
This was a great book !
Abbie was a wild child, but those days are over.
Now, she is trying to take care of her mother.
It is time to settle down.
Ivan was not sure if small town life was for him.
Now, he loves it.
Are these 2 destined for each other ?
Loved the characters + the storytelling !
It has all the ingredients that you need for a great book!
I can't wait for the next book in this series.
Wendy Livingstone
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 4th book in this series and is Ivan and Abbie’s story. Abbie is back home to help her Mom after her Dad passes away, and she is trying hard to make amends for her past. Ivan is drawn to Abbie and sees beneath the persona that she perceives to be. These two have undeniable chemistry between them, but can Ivan convince Abbie to take a chance on them? This is a beautifully written story which had me hooked and intrigued throughout this addictive page turner, and I highly recommend for ...more
Traci Atkinson
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you love romance then this is a must read. We were introduced to Ivan and Abbie in previous SJ McCoy books but we get to learn their back stories and watch them fall in love. The author takes us back to Summer Lake where we catch up with old friends and are introduced to new ones. This book is part of a series but is definitely a stand alone book. You will not be disappointed with this book!
Kris
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For the first third of this book I read with a small frown as I really didn’t care for Abbie, however as SJ McCoy does, I started to understand her motivation and was rooting for her hea. The remainder of the book was read with a happy smile on my face as these two beautiful souls find their way to and with each other. I cannot wait to read Colt and Cassie’s story as they seem to have quite the story to tell as well.
Val Woolley
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is book about Summer Lake and it is once again a wonderful romantic story about Ivanwho now lives and works in summer lake Abbie returned home after her father died and is feeling guilty about not being home to help her mother and has become over protected of her mother.Ivan let’s Abbie know he will always be there for her . Eventually everything works out with a few surprises mixed in this is a great story once again thank you.
Linda
Great Christmas escape...

Sometimes Christmas isn't something to look forward to, it's the time we miss the people we love (and lost) the most. Same for Abbie.
Ivan on the other hand doesn't know what he is missing, he never really enjoyed Christmas.
Together they realize what's truly important, family! Making, your own, new, traditions.

If you're looking for a great holiday escape... This is it! It definitely will chase the blues away!
Mary Jane McLeod
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, another great visit to Summer Lake. I loved Abbie and Ivan's story and all the characters. The book captivated me from the beginning and I didn't want to put it down. The book is also a great Christmas read and deals with Christmas after the loss of a loved one.
I received the book for free but truly loved it and voluntarily leave my review.
alfawolf1
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is another book in the Summer Lake series, but can be read as a stand-alone. Ivan and Abbie's story is so good! The characters are great, I really enjoyed their story! Of course, I love all of SJ McCoy's books. This is a must-read!
Jennifer Solymosi
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As always with SJs stories I found myself drawn into the story and transported to Summer Lake! I was hoping Ivan would get his own story ever since we first got to meet in Chris and Seymours book. This is Ivan and Abbie's story and I am sure you will love them just as much as I did.
J M ANSLOW
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another wonderful story from Summer Lake

As usual another great story from S J McCoy.Read on one sitting as usual, can never wait to get to the end and know I won't be disappointed. Top class stories from a top class. Author! Recommended highly !
Cheryl
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WONDERFUL

Great addition to Summer Lake series. Ivan and Abbie were a great couple. Struggling with their past choices but opening up their hearts to each other. Love this series and can’t wait for more.
Nikki Bernard
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love reading S.J.s books.... she is amazing and soooo talented.... I love that this book is about 2 people but that she included the mom so much and in the end the mom was still a huge part but that she ended up wanting to move away ;) can’t wait til the next book
Helen Bawden
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read

Wow !!!! make sure you have tissues ready . I can't wait for the next book ,definitely worth a read
Carrie LaForge
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How love happens with someone you have know, and how you fight it because you feel that he’s not right for you.
Brandi Sartin lawrence
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book! It makes you think about what you would do if you lose a parent. Abbie has a lot on her plate can she find room for Ivan or Neil?
denise sponsler
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SJ McCoy you did it again i can't wait until your next book comes out

I could just feel the people in the story it had to do with what some of us face everyday.
Colleen Mckinney-Laginess
Amazing Story

Reading this story just made me feel so good inside. I love reading her stories. SJ McCoy makes me look forward to reading her next book.
Jana Allen
Julia Diaz
Dec 03, 2019
Kay Spence
Dec 04, 2019

• Playing With Attraction (Playing the Game #1)
  • Bayside Romance (Bayside Summers Book 5)
  • Unbreak My Heart (Valentine Bay Book 5)
  • Taming My Whiskey (The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor, #6)
  • Slow Ride (South Florida Riders, #2)
  • Resisting Romeo (Steamy Weekends #3)
  • Beauty and the Bayou (Boys of the Bayou, #3)
  • Seaside Serenade (A Seaside Summers Short Story) (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #9)
  • Wild Ride (South Florida Riders, #1)
  • Famous (Quantum, #8)
  • If I Fall: A Small Town Romance
  • The Rise of Magicks (Chronicles of The One, #3)
  • Something Wild
  • Christmas on Fireweed: A Holiday Romance (Island County Series Book 12)
  • A Small Town Christmas (Four Irish Brothers Winery, #1)
  • Just Say Christmas (Escape to New Zealand Book 13)
  • Bring It On Home (Misfit Inn, #4)
  • Reckless With You (Less Than, #2)
Hi, I'm SJ. A coffee addict, lover of chocolate and drinker of good red wines. I'm a lost soul and a hopeless romantic. Reading and writing are necessary parts of who I am. Though perhaps not as necessary as coffee! I can drink coffee without writing, but I can't write without coffee.

I grew up loving romance novels, my first boyfriends were book boyfriends, but life intervened, as it tends to do,

Summer Lake Seasons (4 books)
  • Take These Broken Wings (Summer Lake Seasons, #1)
  • Too Much Love to Hide (Summer Lake Seasons, #2)
  • Sunshine Over Snow (Summer Lake Seasons, #3)