Start by marking “Last City: Book 1 in the Thrilling Post-Apocalyptic Survival Series: (The Last City - Book 1)” as Want to Read:

Spared the fires of a devastating nationwide terrorist attack, one small town fights for survival against overwhelming odds.

From the #1 best-selling post-apocalyptic author of Final Dawn, Surviving the Fall and MELT comes a new series that is both frightening and captivating.
When explosions ring out across the country, the town of Hope is mysteriously spared from the
Published November 19th 2019 by Muonic Press Inc

To ask other readers questions about Last City, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last City

Start your review of Last City: Book 1 in the Thrilling Post-Apocalyptic Survival Series: (The Last City - Book 1)
Rosemary
Last City: Book 1 in the Thrilling Post-Apocalyptic Survival Series - a review by Rosemary Kenny

Poor old USA! Yet again it's the victim of a series of Armageddon-like events, that devastate huge areas and kill or fatally condemn vast swathes of the population.
Instead of a particular family forced apart and trying to re-unite across far distances, while surviving against the odds, we're led to believe in a sanctuary town - suitably named Hope - as the target for a selection of tough, gritty,
Jackie
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When a terrorist attack creates fires the Town of Hope is somehow spared. Who knows why. Totally intriguing and definitely held my attention.
Laura Merrin
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A break from the norm

A bit of a change from the normal plots of mike kraus. I liked that this one doesn’t see a husband stranded after a business trip away from his wife and kids. Lots of different dynamics and characters going on in this one. A great read, I look forward to seeing how hope and it’s inhabitants fair in the books to come!
Ami
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This first book of a new apocalyptic tale, by Kevin Partner (a very talented wordsmith proven by the many books, by him, I've read) and Mike Kraus (also very talented) is cram-packed with thrills, drama and deceit. I could not put it down until the last word. And, even then, I wanted more. I can hardly wait to read book 2. I highly recommend it and hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Read via Kindle Unlimited
Pam Shelton-Anderson
I'm going to guess that Kevin Partner is on the younger side, but FYI, a woman in her fifties is not an old woman, but middle-aged. There. You are welcome. This has the potential to be a good series (Last Light series was great), and this short first volume sets up the mystery as to what exactly happened and who caused it as well as the race to find the daughter of a less than reputable con man. I look forward to book 2.
Carolyn Wilhelm
Dec 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Interesting perspective

Guns and violence, very few people left in America, no news available, no mention of other countries, every person for himself or herself. Survival extremely difficult.

We get to know a few characters and their flaws which haunt them after most everything is destroyed. No nukes were involved.
Patricia King
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing, as always from this author. Thrilling post apocalypse fiction, in a rather strange setting, one town survives and others are partially destroyed. Are terrorists involved, or disgruntled Americans? Find out by reading this impressive story. I already have purchased the second book and am following the adventures.
Christine Scotney
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
We all love our electricity, but who knew it has the potential of pure destruction. Another scary story of an apocalyptic event. By luck, or deliberate the small town of Hope is spared the catastrophic events of the nations power setting ablaze everywhere electricity is sent. An unnerving read.Makes me want to switch my power off. Recommended reading for all apocalyptic fans.
Kathleen Seiley
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good story

This is a good end of the world as we know it story. The characters are well developed people who rose to the occasion in spite of their human faults. I would like to read more stories by this author.
Tina Langford
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Last City

Mike Kraus never disappoints, this is his and Kevin Partner's new series. New multi dimensional characters. Some you will love and others who you will love to hate. Enjoy Mike Kraus you will enjoy this new series. Don't miss this series start with lost city.
Lana Mccall
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Interest storyline.
Elizabeth Palmiter
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Skips a littlein the writing but good story

I'd recomenditto apocalypse readers just don't quite get the electricity thing it just seems a little far fetched enjoyed it though
Bernie
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Last City review

Last City, book one is the beginning of a post apocalyptic survival series written by authors Kevin Partner and Mike Kraus.
Connie Nealy
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What’s happening?

Suddenly explosions rock homes across the world. Everything electrical is blowing up and catching fire. How do you survive? The big question is how does one town not get hit with all this destruction! This is a page turner. Once you start you will have difficulty putting it down!
Victoria Owens
J.A. Jacque
Jan 17, 2020
Deborah Monroe
Jan 11, 2020

• Smolder (Flashpoint #2)
  • Flashpoint (Flashpoint #1)
  • Fallout (Flashpoint #3)
  • Decay (Flashpoint #4)
  • Final Darkness (The Last Light #8)
  • Surge (Weathering the Storm #2)
  • Tempest (Weathering the Storm #1)
  • Windburn (Weathering the Storm #4)
  • Eruption (Escaping Darkness, #1)
  • Dark Days (Days of Darkness #1)
  • Upheaval (Days of Want #5)
  • Inferno (Weathering the Storm #3)
  • Downburst - Weathering the Storm Book 5: (A Thrilling Post-Apocalyptic Survival Series)
  • Landslide (Escaping Darkness, #3)
  • Slow Burn (The Last Light #7)
  • The Cloud (Escaping Darkness, #2)
  • Escape the Virus (Last Pandemic #1)
  • Shelter In Place (Nuclear Survival Saga #8; Nuclear Survival: Western Strength #2)
I write comic fantasy in the style of Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels and science fiction in the classic tradition of Asimov et al.

Based in the south of England, I've been writing since my teens, alternating between funny and serious. In the mid 1990s, I became a regular columnist for PC Pro magazine and have written a number of business and craft books over the years.

Fiction is my first love,