Start by marking “Follow Me, Like Me” as Want to Read:

When sixteen-year-old Chloe replies to a DM from a gorgeous stranger, she has no idea what she's inviting into her life. As her online fan becomes increasingly obsessive, her real life starts to come apart at the seams and Chloe realizes she needs to find a way to stop him before things spiral out of control.

Misfit Amber's online obsession with her personal trainer begins
Paperback
Expected publication: January 23rd 2020 by Macmillan Children's Books; Main Market edition

To ask other readers questions about Follow Me, Like Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Follow Me, Like Me

Start your review of Follow Me, Like Me
Natalie
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received an advanced reader copy of this book to read in exchange for an honest review via netgalley and the publishers.

Firstly I cant believe the mixed and low ratings for this book, I thought it was very cleverly thought out, researched and a must read for any teen girls to read and be made aware of the dangers of the internet.
This was a suspenseful, thriller read and grabbed my attention straight away.
This book shows that social media isn't always as glossy and great as we think and has
Karen Barber
A timely reminder that what we do online has consequences in the real world, and a rather terrifying warning to watch what you post and who you ‘friend’ as an online profile might not tell you the full story.
Our story focuses on two perspectives. First, there’s popular teen, Chloe, who accepts a message from someone online and then finds herself with a ‘friend’ she’s never met whose behaviour causes a lot of discomfort. Second, there’s social misfit Amber who yearns for popularity and whose
Miss R
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thanks to NetGalley and Pan Macmillan for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Contemporary novels with social media as a core plot device are almost de rigueur to the 21st century kindle generation of readers, which, let’s face it, we are almost all a part of now. Technology and its implication for human relations has numerous possibilities for a writer of skill and talent, but all too often it is used as a sop to sell books - the eponymous ‘high concept’ novel. So, I was more than surprised
Jessica B
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't understand this books low rating! This book is a staple for any school library in my opinion. It takes the overwhelmingly popular mystery/thriller genre and uses us as a platform to discuss topical issues such as sexual assault, victim blaming, self-esteem, cyberstalking, family issues and isolation. It was gripping, raw and at times uncomfortable but also heartwarming. The characters grow and change, yet maintain individuality. Amber and Chloe's ideas of happiness are polar opposites ...more
Hafsah Hussain
Dec 06, 2019 rated it liked it
3 Stars

Overall, I think this book was okay. There were definitely some things I think could've been improved. For example, the plot twist wasn't surprising. I knew where the story was heading, and nothing shocked me the way a book like this should. There definitely were, however, parts that unnerved me (in a good way). I think Charlotte Seager portrayed the concept, that we never really know who we're interacting with on the internet, perfectly. And the thought that the internet plays such a
Shannon
2.5 out of 5 stars

Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for providing me with an early copy in exchange for an honest review.

TW: Sexual Abuse

Social media can be a dark place and give so much away to those who don’t know you.

I liked that the book was about things that can happen for teens in today’s society. It’s important to create a conversation about these things. I didn’t however think there was enough talk about consequences.

The writing style felt very early 2000s book for teens which I
Becca Harris
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Spoilers.

I loved this book so much. I felt like most young people should read this book as it contains many different life lessons which people should understand. It also states that its not always guys that do strange things but it can be girls as well especially when reading Ambers view within the book. I loved Chloe and her character and the importance of not just messagings random people online and meeting them alone as you never know what is going to happen.

I feel like this book should be
Elsa
Nov 27, 2019 rated it liked it
CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS

This book was something that had a good premise but found a lot of faults in. The first being Amber, God, she full on stalked a boy and *spoiler* didn't get any consequences for in the end. I felt that pretty unsettling as she's crowned as a hero and praised when she did the exact same to Sven.

Disregarding that point, I also found that the plot didn't really come in seamlessly as the "twist" was inevitable. Sad I didn't enjoy this as much as I'd hoped.

Thanks for the ARC.
Emma Cox
I enjoyed the Idea of this book and I liked that it was based in the present day.
I enjoyed that it touched on things that are Ok and not ok when looking at peoples online profiles but I didnt like that girls were being called Sluts and things like that in the book, I understand why but I think it could have been written differently.

I would have enjoyed this better if we were only following one of the girls stories. I understand that there was basically a stalker and a girl being stalked but it
janine
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
Unfortunately I got 40% into this book and had to give up.

The premise really interested me, especially in this day and age of everyone's obsession with social media but sadly I was finding too many faults that just distracted my attention and I grew bored!

I'm rating 1.5* because I believe that this actually storyline could give so much more, just not this time.

Thank you to netgalley and Macmillans Books for the ARC.
Sharon
Nov 30, 2019 rated it did not like it
I was really looking forward to this read, as it's such a good premise for a storyline. However, I'm afraid, for me, it just didn't deliver.
The main character starts the book by behaving in the same way as the stalker and I found the writing disjointed and difficult to engage with. Overall, it could have been so much better.

1* - I didn't like it.

Thanks though to Netgalley and the publishers for giving me the opportunity to preview.
Amy West
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-books-read
Wish this book could be read by all young adults, It carries such an important message on the realities of cyber stalking. It was a very fast read and defiantly will stay with me for some time. A book i will defiantly be suggesting and gifting to younger family members!.
Em
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I Absolutely loved this book. It’s well written and an important read for teens living in the social media age.
Laura Williams

• The Other People
  • Foul Is Fair
  • To Keep You Safe
  • Yes No Maybe So
  • A Throne of Swans (A Throne of Swans, #1)
  • The Mask Of Aribella
  • Strangers
  • Happy Ever After
  • When You See Me (Detective D.D. Warren, #11; Gardner Universe, #20)
  • The Wrong Move