Start by marking “Die Derde Oorlog teen Mapoch” as Want to Read:
Die Derde Oorlog teen Mapoch

Die Derde Oorlog teen Mapoch

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  1 rating  ·  1 review
An the 19th century Boers defeated the Ndzundza clan, whom they called "Mapoggers", in two wars, and made them landless labourers on the land they had previously owned and farmed.

In the 20th century the South African government established the KwaNdebele "homeland", which led to the third war -- of the South African and KwaNdebele governments against the Mapoggers,
Published 1991 by IDASA

To ask other readers questions about Die Derde Oorlog teen Mapoch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Die Derde Oorlog teen Mapoch

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·
 ·  1 rating  ·  1 review

Start your review of Die Derde Oorlog teen Mapoch
Stephen Hayes
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Last year at our monthly literary coffee klatsch this book -- the title, translated, means The Third War against Mapoch -- was mentioned (see Postfiction/Truth? Literary Coffee Klatsch | Khanya), but I didn't think much more about it until I found a copy in our local library. It turned out to be an amazing and eye-opening book, from which I learnt a great deal, facts both trivial and important.

Among other things I learnt how the town of Roossenekal got its name -- two heroes of the first