Start by marking “Thorn (Rosewood High #1)” as Want to Read:
Thorn (Rosewood High #1)

Thorn

(Rosewood High #1)

She's an English Rose and I'm about to be a thorn in her side.

She doesn't belong here. From the moment she steps foot in Rosewood High— it's clear she must go.

And I'll use my power to get rid of her. The betrayal I'm reminded of each time our eyes lock must end.

She's a lost rich girl, trying to recover from the death of her parents. But none of that is my concern.

This is m
Published November 20th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Thorn, please sign up.
Kevin ...and that's some BS.…more...and that's some BS.(less)

Start your review of Thorn (Rosewood High #1)
Danielle's
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s no secret that bully romances are my favourite genre. The story behind this one made an interesting motive. Thorn ticks all the right inappropriate boxes.

Amelie has moved in with her gran after her parents died. She’s a Brit now living in America. At almost 18 she was almost done with high school. Now the stereotype American high school is her new nightmare. Jake Thorn is at the centre of her tilted world.

He hates her for everything she reminds him of. Their chemistry is something neither o
Meredith Wilson
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LOVED THIS! One of my guilty pleasures lately is YA bully romance, and this one hit all the marks for me. Tracy Lorraine delivered a powerful and emotional, all-consuming story that left me obsessed and yearning for more.

Jake Thorn is the star football player on his team that everyone wants a piece of. The guys want to be him and the girls hope to lock him down. He's sexy and talented with a bad boy reputation, but nobody really knows that deep down he's broken and tormented by his past. A past
Rasa Ievkalne
Feb 20, 2020 rated it did not like it
What fresh hell is this? Why do I always stumble upon most ridiculous stories with idiotic characters? I just couldn't finish it. It was either give up on reading it or bleach my eyes after.

I have encountered so many idiotic characters, but the ones in this rubbish probably beats nearly all of them.

I truly,from my heart ,recommend to never ever pick this book up and torture yourself. However, it may make a lovely present for people you hate.
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Bully romances are good if:
- The bully has a reasonable reason for hating the girl
- Sexual tension between the two characters
- An actual plot

This one had
- No good reason/very weak and annoying lol mommy issues galore
- sexual tension was weak due to reason 1
- what's the plot again? he just hates her and we're waiting for something.

Kind of disappointed cause I love tracy's books with flirt club.
TheSassyNerdBlog
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by this author. So I went into this open-minded, not sure what to expect, and I was pleasantly surprised. Lately, there has been so much hype around bully romances, and I too have fallen victim to this craze. It's a guilty pleasure now and I can't seem to get enough.

I am all for the feels. Angst... Give me angst. I think that's what firstly grabbed at me when it came to this sub-genre and this book had me completely hooked from page one, grabbing hold of my emotions, my he
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
3.5/5 Stars

Disclaimer: I received an Advance Reader Copy at no cost from the publisher/author. All opinions in my review are my own.

Bully romances are usually hit or miss with me. This one got a lot of things right but there were just as many things that didn't work for me.

I really didn't click with the author's writing style. There were things about it that I liked and some that I didn't. I liked how inviting that narration was. It felt very natural and was very smooth. Unfortunately, for me,
✨ Lucy ✨
May 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
✨✨✨She's an English Rose and I'm about to be a thorn in her side.
This book captured my attention since the beginning. I had good expectation after reading all the good reviews , and I have to say they've been all meet.
Jake thorn with his angst, passion and repressed feelings is irresistible, and with all his background family problems , makes him one of the most sexy ,tormented and wanted books' character .
Amelia is the missing piece , the one he didn't know to need so bad...
it was meant to be.
Julie
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This novel had me enthralled. The characters were complexed, charismatic and sexy, and the storyline was rout with hate, bullying, lust and uncontrollable obsession.
The story is a little dark, I felt the pain caused, which needed to be felt back by Jake, he even despised himself for the harm he had caused Amalie, all a little confusing for him.

Overall I loved this extremely emotive bully to romance story and as this was the first, I’m looking forward to continuing with this series. The writing
Paula  Phillips
Nov 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Amalie has just started at a high school in America after she has gone to live with her Grandma as her parents were killed and so she has had to uproot her whole life from London and come to Rosewood. Things though would have been easy for her but she has captured the eye of the hottest guy in the school - Jake and he has a bee in his bonnet about her. She doesn't know him from a bar of soap, yet he is treating her like she has the plague and wants her gone. I have to admit when I found out the ...more
Mirjam
Nov 22, 2019 rated it liked it

Amalie Windsor-Marsh is force to leave England when her American grandmother gets custody after her parents were killed in a helicopter accident. She is enrolled at Rosewood High and encounters the animosity of the ‘it’ crowd, the football players and the cheer squad

Jacob -Jake- Thorn. Captain of the football team. King of Rosewood High and every girl’s wet dream, has decided that Amalie -Brit- does not belong at his school and make it is mission to make her life miserable enough that she will l
Amelia
May 09, 2020 rated it did not like it
There aren't enough words to describe why I didn't like this book. Simply, I just didn't like Jacob Thorn. Nothing about his character was appealing, even when he figured out why he was being a dick and wanted to change, he actually didn't and was still a horrible person, and honestly, Amalie wasn't much better because he gave her no reason to try to find a good side, because he didn't seem to show one, but she still wanted him?!

Also the overuse of the word 'fuck' just frustrated me. Nobody say
Laura•Sincerely Reads
Apr 11, 2020 rated it did not like it
Woof. What a nasty train wreck this was. I wanted to DNF so many times but I just couldn’t look away. Like this guy broke a girl’s ankle and both he and the main girl laughed about it. Trust me, I get trauma, but in no way does it give you an excuse to put your hands on someone. This guy has the worst mommy issues of mommy issues and it’s kinda sick how he uses that to be a super duper dick. This was not a bully romance..it was a really violent abusive asshole romance.
Heather andrews
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jake is quite explicit with his explanations, “it’s not you exactly. You just remind me of someone I wouldn’t pi** on if they were on fire.” I liked this book, I liked Jake.
Lina
Jun 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
description

Hello and welcome back to one my reviews.
Firstly, I would like to apologize for my inactivity for this past month. I realize I haven't been as active as much here on Goodreads, but I can say now for certain that will change. For the past month, I fell into a reading slump. I think that those who follow my reviews and of course my friends on this particular platform have noticed that through out May there wasn't a single review from me. Whatever book that I picked up, I wasn't able to finish it (
Kim BookJunkie ~ Editor & Proofreader
**Review of the audiobook**

STORY
This was my first time reading or listening to anything by Tracy Lorraine, and I’m excited that I gave it a chance! Although THORN is your typical, high school bully romance, it’s very well written and entertaining! I really enjoyed our bad boy villain, Jake, and was surprised when we are finally given the reason why he is the bully he is. What I thought would be predictable definitely was not, and I am looking forward to reading more from this series and author!
My Introvert Romance Blog
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic start to The Rosewood series

First off I’ve finally popped my Tracy Lorraine cherry and I already feel so connected to her writing and especially to the characters in this series. Everything thing in this book is written with the right balance to keep the reader hooked from start to end; giving us a glimpse of the other characters in the books to follow without taking away from the main characters,

I love Amalie and Jake’s story, the angst and tension was there like an undercurr
Amelia
May 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, 2020
Did I hate it? No .
Did I like it? Eh .

At first it was a nice easy-flowing book, which wasn’t something I’d usually read but it was easy to read.

However, the further I got into the book it got better and it seemed to be more interesting.

It wasn’t until around seventy-five percent when everything seemed to be happening too quickly. It felt like all of the problems within the book were solved too quickly and there were a lot of loose ends. I think there could’ve been a much better ending.

I th
BG
3.5 Stars
Thorn was my first book by this author and I enjoyed it a lot.
Jake was a bit different from the typical bully heroes. He had had a troubled past which affected his present. The arrival of Amalie was gasoline on fire, reminding Jake of things which were better left in the past. I understood his need to take out his frustrations on Amalie. Even though he tried to hurt her, Jake had a soft heart from inside which later made him regret his actions.
However, I didn't really like Amalie. Sh
Amanda Anderson (Beauty.and.the.bookies)
Not a bad story. I liked it. I am really excited to read about the next couple. Their wasnt alot of animosity in this story liked I thought their would be with an enemies to lovers but it was good.
Priscilla⚡️happy.endings.required⚡️
4 Stars

Told in alternating POVs, this bully romance is full of angst and sexual tension! We’re given a Hero who lashes out because he’s hurting and a Heroine who won’t back down when expected.
Truly a classic bully romance, nothing too over the top or dark.

Just a jaded jock who doesn’t know how to deal with the attraction he feels for the new girl who reminds him of the one woman he hates more than anything. I wasn’t a fan of the reason for his hate BUT everything else worked for me once he got
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4/ 5 stars

Gotta be honest, this wasn't the kind of book that captivated me since the very beginning but once I got to know the characters a little better, it totally pulled me in.

Bully romances are those kind of books that either do it for me completely or not at all. And Tracy totally managed to make me fall in love with Jake Thorn. From the very beginning you could see that there was so much this guy was hiding of himself, the person he showed the world was a total different person fr
Irma *Irma The Book Whisperer*
One thing's for sure. I wasn't supposed to want her. I wanted to hurt her, not want to make her fucking mine.

This is why I love bad boys!

My first book by this author. And I'm blown away by it. It was so captivating! If I had the next book in my hands, I'd jump right into that one. Luckily February isn't so far away.
I'm eager to see what else she has up her sleeve and to see where she goes with this new series! #cantwait The ending of Thorn has left me wanting!
C.P. Mandara
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Utterly Brilliant!

I do love a good romp through high school, and this ticked every single one of my boxes. It was angsty, tortured romance that had me visibly rooting for the heroine throughout. It's rare that a book will keep me up reading all night, but this did. A thoroughly engrossing read from start to finish. I'd give it ten stars if I could. As I can't - I'm off to read the next book in the series ;)
Chris
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: genre-ya-na, 2020
This is the first book I read by Tracy Lorraine and given my current mood, I can say that I really enjoyed it! It's a classic bully romance with Jake and Amalie being the protagonists. There are several triggers, too much alcohol and pot, so if you decide to go ahead and read it , just keep it mind! I can't wait to read about Mason and Camila! ...more
Coco.V
May 17, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (5/17/2020)! 🎁
Amber (caffeinated_books)
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My oh my, I need a cold shower after this one!

I have a huge love spot for bully romance and this one just fit the mold and put me all in my feels!

Jake Thorn is such an asshole.

Amalie is such a badass.

I love when the chicks can actually stand up for themselves When the characters actually have legitimate reasoning to do the things they do or say the things they say.

This book is full of secrets, twists, turns, and OMG moments!
Kimberly Garner
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a good book, It didn't have twist and turn, the turmoil was all on the characters, Its where the hate, the bullying, the lust, and love all come from. Character conflict. It was great to see, and it was also kind of a weird reason for the bullying, but I get it man. Overall I liked the characters and the story, I gather it's going to be a series and I sure hope so because I need me some answers with Mason.LOL ...more
Reyne Clark
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a quintessential Bullymance, with an Alphahole, Jake, as the Male lead and a sweet, yet strong, Amalie, as the Female lead. Jake is definitely my new favorite redeemable book boyfriend and I loved watching him evolve as the book progresses. I thoroughly enjoyed this read with it's healthy dose of angst and just enough drama to feed this entertaining storyline. Tracy Lorraine is a new to me author, but I will absolutely be bingeing on her other works very soon! The next book in this serie ...more

• Dreams of 18
  • Wicked Webs: Black Widow's Revenge
  • Rock Star
  • Beauty and the Badge (Charlotte's Cove #1)
  • Alpha Bully (Wolf Ridge High, #1)
  • Brooklyn Bratva (Russian Underworld, #1)
  • Darling (Darling Devils, #1)
  • Keith (The Hartwell Brothers #1)
  • Confess
  • The Husband Checklist
  • Flawed (Imperfectly Perfect, #1)
  • Wall Street Titan (Wall Street Titan, #1)
  • Stay with Me (Stay with Me, #1)
  • Nerd Queen (Kings of Knightswood Academy, #2)
  • Cold Queen
  • Demise of a Self-Centered Playboy (The Baileys, #5)
  • Even When I'm Gone (Stay with Me, #2)
Tracy Lorraine is a M/F and M/M contemporary romance author. Tracy has just turned thirty and lives in a cute Cotswold village in England with her husband, baby girl and lovable but slightly crazy dog. Having always been a bookaholic with her head stuck in her Kindle Tracy decided to try her hand at a story idea she dreamt up and hasn’t looked back since.

Rosewood High (7 books)
  • Paine (Rosewood High #2)
  • Savage (Rosewood High #3)
  • Fierce (Rosewood High, #4)
  • Hunter (Rosewood High, #5)
  • Fury (Rosewood High #6)
  • Legend (Rosewood High, #7)