Start by marking “Lost With Leeks (A Seven Kingdoms Fairy Tale, #2)” as Want to Read:
Lost With Leeks (A Seven Kingdoms Fairy Tale, #2)

Lost With Leeks (A Seven Kingdoms Fairy Tale, #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  15 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Argh! Twelve-year-old Crown Prince Nero is lost again. How will he ever lead the Blackfly Kingdom? His fairy godfather gave him a magnetic personality to make him charming.

Only now he's a trouble-magnet--for compasses, maps and magical creatures. Worse, his royal mom has kidnapped St. Nicholas. Nero's got to map out a rescue right away!

WHY READ SEVEN KINGDOMS FAIRY TALES?
Hardcover
Published November 12th 2019 by Bumpity Boulevard Press

To ask other readers questions about Lost With Leeks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost With Leeks

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Lost With Leeks (A Seven Kingdoms Fairy Tale, #2)
Sharon Walker
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a delightful funny book that captures the readers heart from start to finish. Go with Prince Nero on an adventure to rescue Santa and his reindeer and save Christmas. A wicked Queen, hot air balloons, a friendly yellow dragon and a Prince with alot of responsibility and a huge talent for getting lost make for a hilarious journey.

As an adult I loved this book and will definitely be sharing it with my grandchildren. Thank you Voracious Readers Only for my complimentary copy of this book.
Charlotte
Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very cute story. I can’t wait to read it with my girls! As someone who has no sense of direction, I love that Nero is directionally challenged also. I hope there are more books to follow. I’d love to read about the other characters or even more adventures with Nero.

Thank you VRO for the complimentary copy of this book!
Christina Newcomb
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lost with Leeks was a wonderful and fantastical story! It is a great read for older elementary children, my oldest daughter and I loved reading it together. The story was entertaining and we enjoyed discovering this whimsical world, watching Nero overcome his obstacles, and seeing the growth of the characters through the story. I would highly recommend this to anyone who loves stories of adventure and has children.
Jacquie
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Extremely entertaining!! I enjoyed this book from start to finish! I received a complimentary copy of this book through Voracious Readers Only.
Pat Eroh
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome book for older elementary kids (or intermediate schools) that is fun, interesting, and keeps young minds reading! I loved it myself though I am a bit too old to qualify as mid-level elementary. Great book.

The Word Count
Jan 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Laurel Decher creates a wildly whimsical world in her Seven Kingdoms Fairy Tale series. In this second book, readers are allowed a more in-depth look into the Seven Kingdoms and the magic which encompasses the land. However, with this new glimpse into Decher’s narrative world, the reader is at times overwhelmed. With every chapter, we are introduced to new policies, new committees and new modus operandi’s which blurs the rules of the world.

Notwithstanding, the Crown Prince Nero is a wonderful pr
Anita M
May 13, 2020 rated it liked it
I got this as a free copy through Voracious Readers.
Initially, I had a hard time being drawn in with the first few chapters - the queen seemed too one-dimensional to really leave an impression beyond seeming more wicked/selfish stepmother than mother but moreover the part with the "gift" given to Nero... the narrative just seemed confusing/overly wordy/dull and I just couldn't seem to get too engaged. The premise is cute and fun though. I enjoyed the funny narrative and the endearing Prince Nero
Lisa Nahary
Jul 22, 2020 rated it liked it
This was an entertaining children’s book about a prince that had to fix the “bridges” that his mother kept “burning”. The storyline was easy to follow. I would recommend it to children. The only thing I didn’t understand was the relationship between Queen Ashe and Nero. Wish Ashe is good mother but she seems to really not like him.
Tanya
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is such a delightful read about a young Prince who gets lost when he goes on a float with his hot air balloon. Great fun read

Tanya
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a really cute story. When my child is a little bit older I could see myself reading this book with them.

As a person with no sense of direction I could really understand where Nero was coming from and the frustration.

This had just enough magical element to it to keep children entertained.

I received an ARC through VRO for an honest review
Eileen Schnabel
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Laurel Decher's sense of whimsy and fun are readily apparent in Lost With Leeks. The magical world and characters - Princess Saffy and Prince Magellan - learn important leadership (and life) lessons as they manage their trouble-making dragon's antics! Enjoy! ...more
Joanna Smith
Apr 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
A fast paced story catering for the younger audiences never-ending need for change and engagement. A bit to disjointed for my adult palate but as a teacher, I know the children will get a kick from the characters uniqueness and the imaginative storyline.
Marie Reed
Jul 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a very cute and funny story. My only complaint is that it was very long for the age of the audience that it seems to be written for. My 8 year old loved seeing what kind of trouble Queen Ash was making each time she showed up again, and what Prince Nero would try to do for "damage control". ...more
Cindie
Mar 08, 2020 rated it did not like it
I read this book to see if it would be appropriate for my son. I struggled with the first few chapters, as it was not drawing me in. The character of Nero was engaging as I read on. However, I did not like how the author portrayed Queen Ash. This is his mother? I might have accepted her behavior if she was his stepmother, but even then it would a cold environment for a child. Queen Ash is so selfish and Nero is never allowed to question her. I also struggled with the magnet on his chest, and the ...more
Starfighter
Apr 11, 2020
Laurel Decher
Nov 25, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Samantha Hyde
Darlene Messenger
Jul 07, 2020

• A Second Chance for Justiss
  • For Richer For Poorer
  • Ethan & Juliet (Try Again, #1)
  • Finding Miss Write (The Misadventures of Miss Write, #1)
  • Enter at Your Own Risk (Ford Brothers#2)
  • The Earl and The Enchantress (The Enchantresses, #1)
  • Sapphire and Steel: The False Princess and the Warrior Jarl (Blood and Ice Book 1)
  • The Dark Web Murders (Inspector Sheehan Mysteries #4)
  • In Other News
  • The Pacemaker
  • Return of the Long Lost Earl: Historical Regency Romance Mystery
  • Hyperion Dreams (Hyperion Dreams of Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality, and the Singularity Book 1)
  • The Heart Casts No Shadow: an otherworld story
  • The Dirt Diary (The Dirt Diary, #1)
  • Immortal Creatures
  • Kiss Of A Vampire (The Vampire Prophecies #1)
  • Dark Lycan (Dark, #21)
  • Your Rhythm (Sherbrooke Station, #1)
LAUREL DECHER writes stories about all things Italian, vegetable, or musical. Beloved pets of the past include "Stretchy the Leech" and a guinea pig that unexpectedly produced twins. She's famous for a nonexistent sense of direction, but carries maps because people always ask her for directions. When she's not lost, she can be found on Twitter and on her blog, This Is An Overseas Post, where she w ...more

News & Interviews