Start by marking “Shadow of the Skytree” as Want to Read:
Shadow of the Skytree

Shadow of the Skytree

The reserved elf Lyell Blackfletch is an ambassador for his people and the holder of a dark secret. Plague is spreading among the human race, with the fire-loving dwarves already driven to the edge of extinction. Only the human Fiorella is close to finding a cure for the sickness, and with her death it is up to her friend Lavender the gnome to deliver it to her people in ...more
Published November 25th 2019 by Odyssey Books

Start your review of Shadow of the Skytree
Mary
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was received from the Author/Publisher, in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

I was super excited when Odyssey Books reached out to me about this book. Who doesnt love a good fantasy novel? Oh, and its a standalone, at least as far as I can tell. In this story, you have 5 races and they are all in danger of becoming extinct.

This is a really good book if you are just getting into fantasy. Even though this is a story dealing with five races it was a very
Reminiscent Reader
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
I had high hopes going into this young adult fantasy novel, but those hopes were dashed pretty quickly. The premise is a pretty unique one, from a concept standpoint. Unfortunately, that's where the uniqueness ends.
There are two main characters we switch between, and I never felt any affection towards either one of them. Part of the problem stems from the length of the book. I believe if it were longer, we would get more fleshed out characters. The characters were fully formed by the time we
Jay Cannon
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
In general, I don't read YA novels, but this one pulled at my heartstrings. I loved the way the various creatures worked to communicate with each other considering the language differences between humans, dwarves, gnomes, elves and even animals. The strength of character exhibited by each and willingness to help each other in the midst of treachery was admirable. We need more of that today. Great read and great positive and negative examples of building civilizations.
Tanya K
Sarah Rasmussen
is currently reading it
Jan 16, 2020

• Grasping at Water
  • Shamus Dust: Hard Winter. Cold War. Cool Murder.
  • The Eidola Project
  • Changeling (Sorcery and Society, #1)
  • Adler #1
  • Sherlock: A Scandal in Belgravia #2
  • Sherlock: A Scandal In Belgravia #1
  • Sherlock: A Scandal In Belgravia #3
  • A Rainforest Adventure (Jasper - Amazon Parrot Book 1)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • The Celestial Assignment
  • The Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky (Montague Siblings, #1.5)
  • A Case of Possession (A Charm of Magpies, #2)
  • Lily for My Enemy (Lockhart #2)
  • And Only to Deceive (Lady Emily, #1)
  • The Novel Editing Workbook: 105 Tricks & Tips for Revising Your Fiction Manuscript
  • Such a Fun Age
  • Misery
K.J.Taylor was born in Australia in 1986 and plans to stay alive for as long as possible. She went to Radford College and achieved a Bachelors Degree in Communications at the University of Canberra, where she is currently studying for a Masters Degree in Information Studies.

She published her first work, The Land of Bad Fantasy through Scholastic when she was just 18, and went on to publish The

News & Interviews

Mary Pauline Lowry knows a thing or two about being stuck at home when you don't want to be. After all, the premise of her newest novel, The Rox...