Start by marking “Consumed by Love (Written in the Stars, #10)” as Want to Read:
Consumed by Love (Written in the Stars, #10)

Consumed by Love (Written in the Stars, #10)

Brynn Hartley
There are three constants in my life: my BFF Lindy, my rising career, and my daily horoscope.

So why couldn’t the stars have told me a little more directly that I wasn’t going to get the job I’d been chasing, that it was going to an outsider, and I’d wind up drowning my sorrows on my twenty-eighth birthday having a one-night stand with a devastatingly handsom
Kindle Edition
Published October 22nd 2020 by FlowerWork Press

To ask other readers questions about Consumed by Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Consumed by Love

Start your review of Consumed by Love (Written in the Stars, #10)
⭐Toonasa⭐ •Romance Book Lovers' Haven•
A Love that's Sexy, Fast & Hard With a Deepness that triumphs it all. A Love that's Written in the Stars❤.
DEVOURED this in 5hrs.

#My 1st by C.M. and It won't be my last!
ARC Received for a Honest Review.

I loved all the Characters! (Except her work Nemesis-Shay, You'll understand when you read the story!)
Brynn (our heroine, A Scorpio) is Sassy, smart & Sexually confident. Pierce (Our Hero, A Leo) is Hot AF, Deliciously Dominant & So intense in all Right Ways!

She & Her bestie+Colleague-Lindy (She's
Paula  Phillips
Oct 22, 2020 rated it liked it

Brynn and her best friend Lindy both work at Sterling and Masters Publishing. This business is Brynn's dream and she couldn't imagine working anywhere else, especially since we discover that her Grandparents built this company. Brynn deserves more than anyone the CEO position when her boss goes on maternity leave, but imagine her surprise and disappointment when she discovers it is going to an outsider. Deciding to drown her sorrows and since it's her birthday, she heads out to drinks with Lindy
Rochelle
Oct 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Book 10 in the Written in the Stars series and this was so good and so steamy. Loved Brynn and Pierce. They first met at a bar and the attraction was instant and very intense. Little did they know, that they more the got to know each other the hotter it was going to get. The chemistry between them was so hot. Read this story in one sitting and was smiling, swooning and fanning myself all at the same time. Great read.
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Brynn's boss goes on maternity leave, and she really wanted to be the one to fill in temporarily but they decided to bring in an outsider. She goes out with her bestie for drinks, and things took a turn when she saw a hottie at the bar. The next night is a gala that she attends & that same hottie is there so she decides to have a fling which ends up lasting all weekend long. Imagine her surprise when she goes in toe work on Monday, and he's the outsider filling in. Oh, and if that wasn't complic ...more
Christina  Thomas
Oct 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have thoroughly enjoyed this series thus far, for me this one was a little more slow going at first than the others but all in all a great read. This is the first time I've read a book by this other and it was good. I feel like it took you on a little bit of a wild ride with lots of emotions, and once it did get going left you wanting to know what would happen next. Highly recommend this series as a whole!
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Consumed by Love is the first book I’ve read from C.M. Albert and I LOVED this steamy little office romance.

Brynn is out celebrating her birthday, when a Pierce, a handsome and mysterious stranger captures her attention and gives her a weekend that she’ll never forget. It was just supposed to be one weekend and they’d move on with their lives. Brynn never expected to walk into the office and see the man who gave her the best birthday of her life as her new boss.

The chemistry between Brynn and
Keren Hughes
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book had me entranced from the first word to the last. I didn’t want to put the book down, and didn’t, except to eat this evening. Then I picked it right back up again.

I lost my reading mojo a few months ago. I’ve literally read 1 book since the beginning of April. You could say that lockdown robbed me of my mojo. I’ve spent the last few weeks, especially the last few days trying to find something I wanted to read.
This beauty landed on my kindle, but I was filled with trepidation, I wasn’
Carey S.
Sep 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4.5

Brynn Hartley works as a contemporary romance editor at Sterling and Masters, and someone new has been brought in temporarily to be the boss, while the real boss is on maternity leave. The job is one that Brynn had hoped to snag, but faces disappointment when it goes to an outsider. After the disappointing news, she and her best friend decide to head to the bottom floor of their office building to have a couple of drinks, where Brynn runs into a dark-haired handsome man. She runs into
Gwen Sargeant
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brynn and Pierce's story is an amazing story by C.M. Albert. In fact her best one to date. Not many writers can create a strong storyline amongst graphic sex scenes but Colleen Albert has done brilliantly with this one. Both characters have such dynamic personalities and sizzle when they do come together in more ways than one. Ms Albert has come along way from writing her first book and has grown in herself as an award winning writer. Enjoy her books and let the stars take over your heart. They ...more
Jack Barbour
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WHEW .. sizzling 🥵 hot from the first few pages .. the sex scenes between Pierce & Brynn were off the charts .. a beautiful romantic story that clearly proves there is such a thing as “love at 1st sight.”

Once you pick up this story it is hard to put down ..
SL Cuffee
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Once again, Colleen has chewed me up and spit me back out in a million pieces.

Once you pick this book up, you would NOT want to put it down until it done. Then you’ll want more! She’s truly an incredible writer, and I love the way her words captures your whole soul and consumes it (see what I did there...? 😏).
Danielle Monteleone
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Peirce and Brynn had a chemistry that strong when they first bumped into each other in the bar. The more they saw each the stronger their chemistry got. Then came Noah, boy next door time. Brynn's mind just like a Scorpio had so many decisions to make that only her heart could truly make. Their love and sex was quick, fast and hurry, but will last a lifetime. This book was perfect, I could not put it down, it hooked me the first second within the story, just like the other Written in the Stars s ...more
Loralie
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I usually go into my books blind. After reading the previous books in the series, I was so not expecting to be reading what I did. I felt like I was in Pierce's sauna the whole time I was reading. Hot and steamy and definitely fit the category of books that Brynn represented, with a little love triangle and some forbidden elements to it. This one basically had it all, even the more sweet moments I was expecting.
Breen
Nov 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“What an intense and so hot story I’ve just finished. Once you start this story you won’t be able to stop until you reach the end. A great addition to the Written in the Stars series that had me enamored. This story had it all funny moments, sad and angry situations plus the perfect amount of passion, lust and ultimately love. Highly recommended.”
Christine Paige
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is part of a series Written in the Stars, though it reads as a standalone.
What can I say – I loved this book. C.M. Albert is one of my favorite authors and this story is a perfect example of her writing skills. She will have the reader going through all the emotions: lust, laughter, sadness, angrier, and love along with the characters. Those giddy feelings of a new romance along with the longing of an old romance.
The character development and relationships between friends, lovers and
Jessica Alcazar
I’ve read all the books in this series and they have all been very satisfying, but this book was deliciously satisfying and so much more! This author is new to my reading world, so I flew in blind (because we all know how good I am about reading blurbs and whatnot (I am not lol)) and what an exhilarating flight it was!

This story was a perfect blend of sexy and emotion. I was honestly stunned at how well it was blended for the length of the story. I was also pleasantly surprised at how inves
Dana Busenbark
We get the Scorpio story this time around! Who are Brynn and Lindy? What do they each do for a living? Who is Carlisa? What bombshell does she drop at the staff meeting? I could not help but laugh after the bar scene when Brynn was in her hot tub! I did not expect Noah. What happens when he reaches out to Brynn? How do they know one another? Who is Pierce and where does he come into play? What do we learn about all of these characters? What decision does Brynn ultimately make, or what decision i ...more
Marianela Aybar (Mari Loves Books Blog)
I hadn't even started reading the story when the dedication already had me crying. It's touching and hit me in the heart!

CM broke me. I smiled, I blushed, I about combusted from the heat of this story. I don’t want to say too much because I don’t want to give too much info out but up to the very end I was still not sure which way Brynn would go but I was hoping for a specific outcome. In the end my heart was happy and sad at the same time and I cried.

She has a way of mixing the kink with heart-
Amanda Baker
Oct 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first novel I have read by C.M. Albert and this book was so sexy! I love reading the Written in the Stars series. These books are not only very good, but they are also allowing me to find all these great new authors! book is part of the Written in the Stars Series. This series is 12 zodiac signs, 12 authors, and 12 sexy, deeply romantic novellas. Albert’s book is the zodiac sign Scorpio.

I’ll never understand how authors can fit so much intensity and passion into these short novellas
Sharon
Oct 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This is the tenth book in the Written in the Stars series and it is one spicy addition. Close to her birthday, Brynn gets her horoscope which has her slated for some new and exciting surprises. Unfortunately, she does not get the promotion that she was vying for when her boss goes out on maternity leave but interestingly enough, a portion of the advice comes to fruition when she meets a stranger with piercing midnight blue eyes. From the moment these two meet, there is an instant attrac
Sand Kowalski
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Not your typical boy meets girl with childhood love suddenly showing up to add a little extra spice to the mix when you let your daily horoscope lead you. Pierce knows what he wants and when he sees Brynn he knows he wants her. Brynn decides she wants Pierce as her birthday present to herself after their second encounter throwing caution to the wind. And oh what a birthday present she received. Hot consensual sex that went on and on and on. Imagine her surprise and mortification when she meets h ...more
jaclyn malkiewicz
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Consumed by Love has won me over! I literally can not give it enough stars! This has been an amazing series and with each book, I dont think it can get any better and then it does!

This book will consume you! It has it all, everything you want from a quick treat!
Lust . . . Check!
Hot and steamy . . . Check!
Naughty office romance . . . Check!
A tricky triangle . . . Check!
Reader tears. . . Check!
Witty dialog. . . Check!
HEA . . . Check!

Once you start this dirty little book, you will think abou
Dawn
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brynn’s boss is going out on maternity leave. Brynn wants to fill the position while her boss is out on leave. When her boss announces she hired someone from outside the company, Brynn is less than pleased. To blow off some steam, she goes to the bar with her bestie only to meet a hot guy. When she runs into him again the next night, she throws caution to the wind with him. Then he shows up at work and sends her into a tailspin.
Opinion
I live in the Charlotte region and was absolutely thrilled t
Kari Hansen
Oct 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
With her boss about to have a baby Brynn thinks that she will be the successful candidate to take over her position until she returns only to face the disappointment when she finds out that they aren’t promoting within. Between that news and the fact that she is single on her birthday after a few drinks she ends up spending the weekend with a sexy stranger.

When she goes into work on Monday she finds out that Pierce, the man she spent the weekend with, is actually her new boss and he is determine
Jessica
Oct 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved everything about this book. It was a quick read and I didn't put it down except long enough to eat dinner. C.M. Albert drew me in from the first page to the last.

Brynn runs into a mysterious stranger, Pierce, at the bar one night and the next night runs into him again as she is celebrating her birthday at a work gala. She decides to have a one-night stand with Pierce but their attraction is so intense it doesn't stop there. They also face challenges as it turns out he is also her new bo
Stacey Potter
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is my 2nd book I’ve read by CM Albert and she doesn’t disappoint. Not only is it passionate AF, but it’s solid plot with conflict and likeable characters that you find yourself rooting for. All 3 of them! So much packed into this little novella. Highly recommend!!
Vilma
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am totally loving this WITS series. Each story has its own take on horoscopes and love, all told from different view points, but always with a happy ending.

I loved Pierce Abrams from the moment he appeared on the page. Brynn and Lindy cracked me up as best friends - all throughout the book. But once Pierce and Brynn connected there were literal sparks. They clearly had sexual chemistry, but I too was waiting for the shoe to drop.

As Pierce's presence in Charlotte became a bit more clear, it bl
Becky Burrier
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Consumed by love is a fun and steamy Office Romance

The chemistry between Brynn and Pierce was hot hot hot! From the moment they met the insta
Steph (A Brunette and Her Books)
5 Stars aren't enough for this hotness of a book!

This was my first read by CM Albert, but it certainly won't be my last!

Brynn is down on her luck after she realizes someone else is taking her dream job of being the big boss, while the real boss is on maternity leave. She drowns her sorrows in some booze with her best friend and manages to hook up with a hottie.

What she doesn't expect is to see said hottie in the office the following week--AS HER NEW BOSS!

Brynn and Pierce's chemistry is off th
Tanja OMGReads
Oct 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: omgreads, 4-5, october-20
Good God in heaven what a HOT read this novella was. The instant explosive chemistry was sizzling hot and it made me turn pages with rapid speed to see where it would take our MC's. They both had strong personalities and we're determent not to let their involment affect their jobs. Everything was happening so fast and before I knew it it was all over.

This series is seriously amazing because what else would you name it when this is book 10 and I've yet to read a story I didn't like.

***Review

• Bitter Queen (Advantage Play, #4)
  • Bittersweet Love (Written in The Stars #2; Bittersweet)
  • Ignite (Men of Inked: Heatwave #5)
  • But I Need You
  • Risk (The Driven World)
  • Black Jack (Advantage Play, #5)
  • Striker (Redwood Rebels #1)
  • The Boyfriend Effect (Frisky Business, Book 1)
  • Trillion
  • Body of Trust
  • Tarnished Empire
  • The Bribe (Calamity Montana #1)
  • The Heir - Part Two (The Kings & Queens of St Augustus #4)
  • Wounded Kiss
  • The Last Honest Man (One Pass Away: A New Season #3)
  • Blush
  • The Triple Threat
USA Today bestselling author C.M. Albert writes heartwarming romances that are “sexy and flirty, sweet and dirty!” Her writing infuses a healthy blend of humor, high-heat romance, and most of all—hope. When not writing, or kid-wrangling with her handsome hubby, she’s either meditating, kayaking, reading, hugging a tree, or asleep. But first, coffee. #TonyStarkForever

Website: www.colleenalbert.com