Start by marking “New Light” as Want to Read:
New Light

New Light

Desperate to keep his job after a failed drug test, Tobin Mills agrees to therapy. Just when he feels he’s beat his addiction, demons from his past catch up with him and his world starts to crumble. That’s when Eimy Castillo shows up, opening his eyes to the power of love, friendship and other things he’s never considered.
Kindle Edition
Published December 4th 2019 by AMAZON

To ask other readers questions about New Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New Light

Start your review of New Light
Lori
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book about addiction and second chances.
Rose has done a wonderful job with this book in my opinion. She has managed to write a short story with a little bit of everything in it.
Addiction is a deep subject and yet this author has done an excellent job. She's done her research well.
I liked what she puts her characters through because to me they come out much better on top along with people and resources to get help if they want it.
I was happy to see some of my old friends from previou
Amber
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a short quick book dealing with addiction and how the people who care about you us can truly help us get past it.
It was nice to see some of the people from previous books in this one and how God works when we let Him.
Mzlegz
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a short but sweet read about forgiveness friendship and acceptance. Tobin could have given up once he failed his drug test, but God had more to add to his story. Eimy stepped in to help him when he really needed a friend. Her faith in him pushed him past his relapse into something more rewarding than the next high. So many valuable life lessons were presented...
I received a free review copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Barbara
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Part of The Buchanans series,it is well written short with a great storyline the story flows smoothly from one page to the other. This is the first book by this Author that I have read. I want to read more in this series. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Niki
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a great short story, a romance that took years to become something. Looking forward to reading more from this author.

Debbie Chatley
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rose hit it out of the park with this book. Somehow she managed to fit a heartwarming story of redemption, second chances and recovery from addiction into this short story. The story begins with things going wrong in Tobins life, and some due to bad choices on his part and others just life’s circumstances. Then he meets Eimy and while she is so sweet to him, she is out of his league. Could their be a chance for a relationship when he’s messed up so badly. A couple of my favorite quotes include: ...more
Angie
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet read

I liked this story. I was instantly drawn into Tobin and his struggles but really wish it were longer. A lot happened in the few short pages and I want more of his story as well as Eimy's
Marlene
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good, quick read. A story about addictions. Love that it deals with the realities of addictions that that it's not a simple, quick fix, but an ongoing struggle. There is some sweet romance mixed in. ...more
Aurélie
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked the way the author used the chapter in Lucas about Jesus being the light of the world. She implemented it in this story about an addict who finds his way back to “normal” and how the different occurrences in his life can all be one of many definitions of light. The story is well written and very encouraging.
Vicki or Dennis Johnson
An emotionally touching story revolving around opium addiction. The author did an excellent job of laying out the consequences/side effects for the patient and those that love and care for them. It is not an easy road back when someone struggles with any type of addiction. A well written, very short novella.
VICKI FROM WYOMING
HiDesert Granny
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Talented author Rose Fresquez has written yet another intriguing book about real problems and challenges and dealing with them in a thought provoking manner. This uplifting story gives you a glimpse into what can happen when you trust in God.

Loved the characters and highly recommend.
Judy G
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
A short sweet romance. A story of hope and faith for the future.
Deb Rhodes
Debbie Allen
Nov 28, 2020
Jan L
Feb 19, 2021

• Best Friends in the Show Me State (Cowboy Crossing, #1)
  • Single Dad in Studio 7D
  • The Irresistible Encounter
  • Dreaming of Her Cowboy's Kiss (Cowboy Mountain Christmas, #1)
  • Surgical Complications: A Sweet Nursing Novella  (Nursing Diaries, #2)
  • Dreaming of Her Best Friend's Kiss (Cowboy Mountain Christmas Small Town Sweet Romance Book 5)
  • Dreaming of Her Secret Santa's Kiss (Cowboy Mountain Christmas, Small Town Sweet Romance #3)
  • Dreaming of His Pen Pal's Kiss
  • Stealing the Bad Boy: A Bad Boy Sweet Romance (Not So Bad Boys Book 1)
  • Losing Manhattan
  • A Groom for Celia (The Blizzard Brides #3)
  • Angel Gate
  • Grace in Deep Waters (Grace, #3)
  • No More Heartbreak
  • The Cinderella Ball (A Billionaire's Tale Romance Series Book 2)
  • Trusting the Cowboy's Heart (Ritchie Ranch Clean Cowboy Romance Series Book 3)
  • Not all Cowboys are Cruel (Baxter Homestead, #1)
  • Runaway Tess