Start by marking “Hate Crush” as Want to Read:
Hate Crush

Hate Crush

They call him the devil.

When I crash-landed into him on my first day at Loyola Academy, I was sure that couldn’t be true.

He was the most gorgeous man I’d ever seen in real life.

Little did I know he was also the cruelest.

I went from starstruck to stunned the moment his cynical eyes cut through me.

I can’t tell you what it was that made him want to punish me. But fr
Published November 19th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Hate Crush, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hate Crush

Start your review of Hate Crush
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
DNF @ 25%

I read a lot of dubious and fucked up shit; but in this one, the H’s motivation for his treatment of the h is super unclear for me. And I result, this is reading less like a dubious bully romance (which I have unashamedly been known to love) and more like a skeezy run of the mill sexual predator psychologically torturing an underage high school student.

Just not working for me, sadly.
Funda Demir
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
24993460-SX540

God I don't know what it is with me and books lately!! I had such high hopes for this one, one look at the author and remembering how much I loved CROW by her I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one.

BUT I really struggled.. He took the cake with being an arrogant asshole, and she just came across weak with wanting to please everyone which in the end made it hard for me to connect with her character overall and I found myself just cringing through most of the book. Their interaction just
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
ezgif-com-video-to-gif

I love Zavarelli's books, her crazy stories always make me want to bite my nails out... And again, she managed to leave me with my jaw on the floor!!! 👑💘👏

I have a thing for 'bully' books - so when I realized it was *also* taboo, I was SO curious... Both her teacher AND her bully?! It's so fricking original, damn it! 😱🔥

📚 ''𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝗮 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆, 𝗯𝗮𝗯𝘆. 𝗜𝘁'𝘀 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗮 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗲𝗱𝘆. 𝗡𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗼𝗳𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗰𝗹𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘀 𝗼𝗿 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘃𝗲.'' 📚

Stella LeClaire is starting her senior year at a new prestigious high school, 'Lo
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
3.5 STARS
I want to eat her alive and right now, she can sense that. But I’ll never admit it. I’ll never admit that she gets to me. I just need her to know that she’s mine toy with for as long as I want, and that’s all there is to be said about it.

I love me some A. Zavarelli. The woman knows how to right books that just hit the spot for me each and every single time. There's something about her writing that's like catnip for me. I don't even bother to read the blurbs to her books, the
A. Zavarelli
Nov 14, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
NOW LIVE!!!

Dilek VT
Nov 22, 2019 marked it as never-no-way
The hero is a f*cked-up person. He is a man-whore but he wants the girl he has a crush on to be a virgin so that he can brand her, claim her. He is a bully teacher, doing all the cruel things a 13-year old boy would do and he gets away with them. When she has a financial problem and decides to sell her virginity, he is the one who buys it. And later, he gives her a necklace that says "OWNED"...

Oh there is more, there is more. These are just a few examples that show how delightful the book is! It
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***3,5 "Cherrybomb" stars***

This is the first time that I'm reading A. Zavarelli, except of her Boston mafia series which i loved very much, and I was so curious about how she will deliver this story!!!
You see, I'm a sucker for bully romances and for the first time, i was reading a bully romance book but with a teacher and a student... Another delicious taboo, i can add!!!
The story had much interest, and it had good potentials!!! I found myself enjoying it very much!!!
I just wasn't feeling t
Kay's Blushing Book Reviews
This is a bully romance - Teacher and Student and age difference romance all rolled into one.

Sebastian and Stella's relationship is complicated as both characters are very complex and flawed.
I wanted to shake Sebastian at times, he certainly fitted his role as bully, but as you read further and further you love to hate him. Stella is a bit of a quirky character, but has a big soft heart. Together they create a romance full of drama, angst and intense attraction.

Hate Crush won't dissapoint fa
Snow
forbidden romance
age difference
enemies-to-lovers
one of my fave authors
one of the most infuriatingly/alluring/complex/complicated bullying anti-heroes

yeah, after Salacious, and Crow, this is exactly the rush I like in my books by Ashleigh Zavarelli
"I knew you were poison the first time I saw you, but I wanted to drink you anyway."

yeah, meet Mr Sebastian Carter, your next forbidden Hate crush

yeah, it's not a perfect story, far from it...

it has some disputable, arguable situations,
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Four stages of Forbidden romance - Lust, Denial, Passion, Guilt and Ash explores each in depth with her trademark flair for gut wrenching angst and frustrating intentions.
This one is an off beat norm for her, and a standalone to boot. I just fell in love with Stella LeClaire. She's back trodden but not for long. She has a lot of fight and grit in her, despite her tender age and horrendous familial background. She's trapped, first by her parents' induced guilt and then by "Mr. Lucifer Hot Tea
Bookgasms Book Blog
3.5 stars!

I have read A. Zavarelli for years and have LOVED her stories. They can range from mafia to contemporary - if she writes it, I will read it. For that reason, I was intrigued when she said Hate Crush was a bully romance as bully romances are a weakness of mine and a trope I can never get enough of. Sebastian and Stella were delicious, sexy and their banter was engaging.

But while I enjoyed the story and found them to be compelling, I did find that their connection was somewhat stilted.
Anonymous Girl

Erotic Forbidden Bully Romance with BDSM elements~Standalone
Publication Date ~ November 19, 2019
Narration ~ Alternates from 1st POV Stella 17 /18 Years old (She's 17 at the beginning, then turns 18) & Mr. Carter 27 years old
Total pages Kindle ~ 324
Total Chapters ~ 43+Epilogue
Ending ~ (view spoiler)
25% Into the Book Chapters 1-10 ~ Stella is starting in a new private high school at Loyola Academy. She has been acting out to gain her parent's at
Mimiorphee
Nov 21, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, 2019
“I knew you were poison the first time I saw you, but I wanted to drink you anyway.”

So, here am I, clearly in the minority...

I've been a huge fan of Mrs Zavarelli's work for years. Her mafia stories never fail to enthrall me to no end.

Stella is barely 18 when she starts her senior year in her boarding school, Loyola. Her path seems all traced by her parents. But, failed by her dysfunctional family, she adapts, fights for what she thinks is best for her.

Sebastian is her teacher. Moody, ver
ABookLover73
3.5 stars for Stella and Sebastian!

This is the first book I've read by A. Zavarelli and unfortunately, I couldn't give it a higher rating.

I love to read bully romance but in this book, I couldn't connect with the main characters, Stella and Sebastian, and that is the reason why I was reading it so slow.

This book didn't work for me, but you should give it a try because maybe you'll like it 🙃!
Mirjam
Aug 21, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition

The smell of freshly sharpened pencils isn't the only thing in the air this school year. Class is in session, and Stella LeClaire is about to get schooled.

Allyson
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just want to start by saying Thank you AshleighA. Zavarelli for the ARC!!!! I have a lot of different emotions with this book, there is the age difference, horrible families, suspense, lies, love, bulling, and some karma thrown in there that has me all over the place. I wanted to throat punch Sebastian but then I wanted to hug him close. Stella was strong character for her age and what she has already been through. These two together were off the charts hot!!! Oh and let me also tell you how m ...more
✰♊ Angie ♊✰
Yikes... this one was disappointing.
I love Zavarelli's mafia series.
I love a bully romance, arrogant alpha-hole type book. (Judge me... I don't care.)
I thought this was going to be a good read for me.
Turned out to be a very uncomfortable, cringe-worthy read about a super douchey and completely psycho teacher and the unfortunate high school age student he decided to have a disfunctional, pervy relationship with.
This book was on a different level with ALL THE THINGS packed into one story line. So,
Bee
5 STARS!

He is undoubtedly Satan, but I want him, no matter the cost to my soul.

Where the hell should I start? Yep, Ashleigh did it again, she managed to render me speechless. She wrote a book that I read in under 24 hours, yet again. I promised myself I'd savor this but we all know that when a book is fucking awesome, no promises matter anymore. And now that this has ended, I'm left with a gaping hole in my chest and apathy that is going to feel crushing soon.

This book tells the tale about s
Phuong ✯
I don't know how to love you gently. I only know how to love you on fire.""So, love me on fire." My nails scrape over his scalp as I arch into him. "Let us smolder until we both turn to dust."

[**SPOILER**]

This whole book was really questionable. The characters all do to questionable things. The main characters are in a very dysfunctional relationship with each other. And I kind of questioned my sanity that I enjoyed even parts of this story. All the characters in 'Hate Crush' ar
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Oct 08, 2020 rated it did not like it
Alla
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Got a bit worried for a while there while reading this one. Had a feeling that it would be a bit of a let down for me first after I started it, but it ended up being really good the further into the story I got.
Ros 🌼
Nov 27, 2019 rated it liked it

Slightly taboo read – some will love this, but I have no doubt that a lot of readers will really dislike the hero.

Sebastian is a bully and this is a bully read, but I felt it wasn’t quite as theatrical and degrading some of the recent YA releases. (I know - I can't believe I am saying that like it's a good thing!)

Stella is young and vulnerable and therefore has all the annoying traits that clingy heroines tend to have. There are times in this that she teetered on the edge of being a c
queen_of_the_books_18
I love A Zavarelli’s books but this one unfortunately didn’t hit the spot for me.

When I saw it was a bully romance I was like sign me up! I can’t get enough of them. I was intrigued and couldn’t wait to dive in. Especially when I saw that it was a bully student teacher romance! I love both of those tropes so I was dying to read.

What I loved was Sebastian and Stella. I loved the dominant possessive side to Sebastian, but I felt like their connection could have been developed more. I wanted to f
Diana * burningdesire_x3 *
goodreads2

An Unexpected Homerun!
*self-purchased on Amazon. No need of sugar daddies called promo teams* “

What’s this book about? (I'm trying to give as little spoilers as possible)
Stella arrives at Loyola Academy, hoping to achieve somebody’s else’s dreams for her life. There’s one person that sees right through her charade. Sebastian, also known as Satan, has no time for games. He’s not a fun man and when his attention falls on Stella, he’ll make her hate him. But he’s her teacher. And she’s his tortured
Jacqueline's Reads
Jan 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: ku, v-card, smut
3.5 it was okay stars

I hadn’t read a Zavarelli read in a long time. There were certain aspects I liked about the book and there were certain aspects that were just okay.

I liked that it was smutty! I didn’t realize I was in a smutty mood, but okay I’ll take it.

I like the teacher / student trope

I liked that the Hero / teacher was rich, but he didn’t care for the money and that is why he’s working as a teacher

I liked that there were some issues for both characters.

Here are the things I didn’t like
Amanda Marie ❤'s Alpha Reads
Someone call the fire department- there's a five-alarm rager over here! 🔥

“Say yes, sir.”
“Yes, sir,” she breathes.
“Say I’ll do anything you want, Mr. Carter. Anything you tell me.”
She swallows, still trying to resist me, but ultimately caves in just as I knew she would. “I’ll do anything you want, Mr. Carter. Anything you tell me.”

Sweet baby Jesus. My breathe actually caught in my throat. The chemistry between Sebastien and Stella was off the charts.

The push and pull Sebastien dealt out frustr
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Having read an A Zavarelli books before and loving them I just knew I had to give this a read and damn I love it! I love it so much.

ARC provided in exchange for an honest review

Stella is an amazing woman, no matter what she goes through during this book she’s strong. All she’s ever wanted is for someone to be proud of her, someone to love her for her and to be the best she could be. Her strengths shine through this book especially at the end and I respect the hell out of her.

Sebastian, what a
Tanaka K (The Romantic Angel Blog)
"When I was under his spell, it was like I was drugged. Intoxicated by him."

What you do when you lust for someone? What do you do when you find yourself wanting someone forbidden? Do you reject it? Or do you want to take one bite or a taste? Hate Crush by A. Zavarelli explores a forbidden and intoxicating romance with an alluring story Wow. Wow. Wow. Hate Crush is addictive. Hate Crush is scorching. Hate Crush is mouth watering. I was absolutely electrified. With the sexy plot. With the captivat
Dísir
The bully-love-hate-teacher-forbidden mega trope romance is a not-so-secret catnip of mine, so ‘Hate Crush’ seemed like a good idea at the time. And to be fair, I did have an idea of what this was going to be and there were no illusions (at least, not too many) about it turning out to be a sweet, salty thing with an easy, kissy ending.

Like the blurb suggests, Sebastian Carter has found a target in Stella LeClaire, the new girl who is only part of the elite and rich crowd because of the strings

• Desperate to Touch (Hard to Love #2)
  • When Rivals Lose (Bayshore Rivals #2)
  • Sins
  • Different as Night and Day (Father/Son Duet #2)
  • The Truth About Cinder
  • Holding on to Forever
  • Renata Vitali (The Five Syndicates, #3.5)
  • Downfall (Kingdoms of Sin, #1)
  • Misadventures in Blue
  • Cross your Heart
  • Like Father Like Son (Father/Son Duet #1)
  • Tempt the Hookup (Tempt, #3)
  • Hating You (Blackthorn Elite #1)
  • Aries (The Zodiac Queen, #1)
  • The Puppetmaster
  • Waiting for the Sun (Hand Over My Heart Duet, #2)
  • The Royal Arrangement (The Rebel Queen Duet, #1)
  • Before You
A. Zavarelli is a USA Today and Amazon bestselling author of dark and contemporary romance.

When she’s not putting her characters through hell, she can usually be found watching bizarre and twisted documentaries in the name of research.

She currently lives in the Northwest with her lumberjack and an entire brood of fur babies.

Find her on Facebook here---> https://www.facebook.com/AZavarelli
Never m